• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Long Island Smash Crew

Smash Rookie
Hey whats up guys, just wanted to give a quick congrats to DMON and Alexandro for making it to the finals in our 38 man tourny yesterday. Their match was really good, winning 2 a piece in a best of 5 and coming down to 1 stock each in the final match. I should be posting their 5 match set as well as pics of the jam packed Game Crazy on my myspace a little bit later. Congrats to DMON walking out with $100+ giftcard for Game Crazy, and the top 8 who all got free pre-orders for Smash Bros Brawl.

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
tourny could have been run better no offense, direct elimination is kinda BS especially without seeding and no best of three until later matches?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
JUST A REMINDER TO EVERYONEl

PARALLAX IS ON SUNDAY THE 29TH NOW

I REPEAT IT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO JULY 29TH, SUNDAY, IT IS NOT ON SATURDAY JULY 28TH ANYMORE

Because some of you people really are that crazy >_>.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hey guys at DMON's...too tired for real shoutouts, but thanks to everyone for the matches, learned a lot about my playing style [esp when it comes to new people >_>] As for posting the vids, man...that will take a while, so please be patient. If you guys recall any specific matchups or sets you had that you want uploaded/sent to you, those will take priority, otherwise...just be patient with me =D thanks] Oh and thanks for the ride to Checker's, definitely helped...
wish I was staying in LI longer :( Maybe if I come back I'll let you guys know...

also someone said something about Manhattan smashers? lemme know...

the_exSOLDIER87

Smash Rookie
ugh i wish i could have gone to andrews i know everyone missed me ;)
but since plz will be on sunday i will be able to go cuz saturdays suck for me :laugh:
oh i will finally be able to do stuff starting on wednesday cuz the ppl at my house are leaving so ppl plz call me on wednesday peace

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
The 29th? :( Now I can't go sorry matt start looking for another team partner
and to Kurt, we can hang out on friday if you want then I have an excuse to not hang out with regular friends :)

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
yea toasty that was me, gordon, the black kid with the stylish marth. yea yea iight so when u go to manhattan u gotta go to one of the bi-weeklies there. it's at a place called web2zone and since it's manhattan u'll be taking the train. uh i dont know all the info and stuff off the top of my head so i'll repost how to get there and all that kind of stuff. also when will u be in mahanttan and what part are u goin to? cuz u know i gotz pplz in manhattan so u wont get lost or anything

Nexas

Smash Rookie
Dmon's fest was pretty fun, got in some good pika practice with Nessty Toasty. Make sure you put up the video of that falco player who thought he could defeat dmon. Cant wait to see that rematch on wednesday.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Alright... check it out. It's Eli's Progressive Money Challenge. That's right, PMC.

Standard is 10 melee matches. Random characters, random stage each match. Only the MLG allowed stages for random.

You choose up to 3 characters that you ban from your random select, that you absolutely don't want to be. You have one reset for a stage.

For every match you win, you're up a dollar. For every match you lose, you're down a dollar.

Player A beats Player B, Player A is now at $1. They win again they're at $2. This puts Player B at -$2. If Player B wins the next one it puts him at -$1 and brings Player A back down to $1.
Simple enough?

You have one randomized Counterpick Character. Basically that means if you lose a match, you random for the next match and if you don't like it, you can random again. Big deal.... you can only do it once.

Anyway, you can switch it up with the $$$ amounts or the amount of matches whenever you do a PMC.

So I invite people to accept my challenge of the first Eli PMC. :) Better train all your characters, *****es.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Dmon's fest was pretty fun, got in some good pika practice with Nessty Toasty. Make sure you put up the video of that falco player who thought he could defeat dmon. Cant wait to see that rematch on wednesday.
Lol he got ***** and i can tell when im not there because that falco wasn't me.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
ooooooooooo **** is on now. sean is gettin a beat down just for the hell of it and dmon will be gettin ***** on wednesday. get ur tickets now before they are sold out. they're selling fast, the "gmoney ****** dmon" tickets. wednesday evening, be there or be square, unless u pick fox, then u wont even have to be there to be square.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
yea yo i be livin up in nassau county so dat means u in ma county so dat means u all up in ma county and u need a beat down. ma numba be 516 850 8078 so call if u want to play. i have a car and stuff so transportation is not a problem

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
iight thanx toastybbut dont worry about finding discounted ones, i'll just buy which ever one but i wanna get the same one u have. i just have a problem finding any because i dont know what to put in the search engine. oh and the site works, it's called computergeeks.com, gotta put dat is in there. also where r u right now, tomorrow, wednesday, there will be a fest at my house so ur welcome to crash here.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh snap..well, plans changed slightly, I'm going to Manhattan tonight. I also don't know if explaining to my parents that I know you guys through a site dedicated to a video game would exactly go very well hahaha...then again, I could always lie about it =D But all the same, I don't think it would work out...as much as I'd like to [aside from my parents *****ing about my lack of time spent here being family time, there were transportation issues when it came to leaving Dix Hills for the Hamptons] But I'll be in Greenwich Village tonight and then either tomorrow or thursday until Sunday, I'll be with my family at this doctor's conference at the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan...dunno where specifically that is. But yeah I need the info for friday so I can make arrangements..if I can make it that is. Either way I'm hoping to at least stop by there for friendlies, so lemme know what's going on!

OH SNAP! you're about to get a better deal than I got! sheeeiit:
http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.a...49120&Type=PE&Category=Comp&Gad=0&dcaid=15894

EDIT: don't forget. You also need these things in order to play on a TV and record at the same time:
3 Phono-Splitters...think they're also called RCA/Composite Y Cables or something

and AV Composite cables:

the wiring doesn't quite make logical sense, but it still works out somehow. basically, the end of the splitter goes into the TV. Then you just put the three ends of the Gamecube cables in one split end of each splitter. Then you match up the same colors of your AV Composite cables, and those will end up going into the Gamebridge adapter [it comes with the input holes for your cables]...so all in all, depending on where you get your cables or how high-quality your cables are, it will cost roughly 20-40 bucks for the whole setup...and the quality is pretty good, you can check out my youtube vids ( www.youtube.com/curiousenver ) to see how the quality is [and those are encoded to be smaller files for YouTube upload, so it's slightly reduced quality]...the raw files look **** good on a computer but not so hot on youtube, another reason for encoding [into MPEG-1 or 2 format, not sure about that one]...and also, I usually record on the setting "Better"
the recording software comes with the adapter. Also keep this in mind. The USB 2.0 port that I had the adapter plugged into while I was installing the program seems to be the only port that the computer registers the Gamebridge through. Which means: don't get freaked out if you plug in your Gamebridge at some point to record and the InterVideo software doesn't show the "Gamebridge" option, you probably just need to connect it to the USB port you used when you installed the software

think that about covers everything. enjoy =D

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
ooooooooooo **** is on now. sean is gettin a beat down just for the hell of it and dmon will be gettin ***** on wednesday. get ur tickets now before they are sold out. they're selling fast, the "gmoney ****** dmon" tickets. wednesday evening, be there or be square, unless u pick fox, then u wont even have to be there to be square.
mmmm, well i guess everyone deserves their rematches. Toasty, think you could post the fight between me and gordon from last sunday? I feel like watching my JV Four stock on gordon again lol

Anyway, see you wednesday arround 3pm

the_exSOLDIER87

Smash Rookie
whats going on today i can finally do something so if someone could call me that would be cool. oh call my house phone(631) 5430767 or catch me on aim cuz i really wanna play and hang out ok so hopefully i will c u guys later

ok never mind ryan told me

toasty

Smash Hero
Toasty, think you could post the fight between me and gordon from last sunday? I feel like watching my JV Four stock on gordon again lol

Anyway, see you wednesday arround 3pm
yeah I'll get on that when I can...hopefully this afternoon I won't have anything going on...esp since I can't make it to your place =(
that set was beyond entertaining hahaha
Thanks for reminding me via-rapetrain that I need to make my Fox not-****ing-terrible
Hopefully if we play again my Ness will do a little better...and it'll look something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3fx4pSlNVc
[truth be told, that Fox was having a miserable night =/] all the same, I WANT YO ***!!!.....no homo.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
iiiiiiiight so listen up. there's a smashfest this sunday at "The House of ****" (aka my house). it's starts whever i wake up and ends when my eyes refuse to stay open. any one can come, the more the merrier. address is 16 amber court, westbury ny 11590, so just mapquest that. my number is 516 850 8078 so call if u wanna ask something or just post something. so some, get ***** to your hearts content, then go home. thats the policy

Top Bottom