• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
So like tomorrow (thursday) im gonna be having a small smashfest at my house. If you want to come PM me or IM me on AIM.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Ok here's the deal...

There seems to be interest in the Nassau vs. Suffolk crew battle thing. However, that doesn't mean we can't do other crew battles like draft crews as well.

Here's what I propose then...

Those who want to put money up, can do so in money matches one on one. That way we don't make a whole crew bet money on the account of a few confident people in their crew. This will also make the crew battles more interesting seeing as there would be more people who would be willing to enter.

If people want to put money in crew battles on the side that's fine too. I mean if you want to bet with your crew, don't make your other crew members do the betting too, just you. Sound good?

By the way, I am definitely up for money matches if people accept. So let me know about that too.

About the date, the parallax tournament on the 28th looks like a good opportunity, however parallax probably would make us pay to play there like an extra 5 bucks or whatever, so I say we do this somewhere else.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
oh, whats this, no posts today. well i'ma post some smack talk anyways. like me + eli vs ANYBODY $100. actually, u know what, i'm gonna take that back. that is obivously way to unfair even if we were hold back as much as we could, so i'll make it fair. me + eli vs ____ and u guys and can fill in the blank up there. oh and dont be shy, bring as many as u like. the more donations the better. see u guys later oh and i accept credit and debit also. yea i got dis machine fox gave me so everythings all good

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
paypal is good too. in fact thats how i recieve most of my "beatin up on noobs and takin their money" money. so feel free to do which ever u like. however, paypal takes a few days to go through so to make things more efficient u can send the money now so i will have it just after i beat u down. let me know if u are interested in that and i'll consult with fox to see if it's ok

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I know really get your own trashtalk "OH MAN ME AND ELI VS ALL FOR A FRANKLIN I AM SO ORIGINAL" and at least try to make it insulting geeeeeez

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
iight iight. i need to work on my trash talk alittle bit... but anyways. i wanna have a big smashfest at my house this comin thursday. is anyone interested in coming? u can bring who ever u want, the more the merrier. there will be papa john's pizza, soda and pink lemonade and watermelon. so just post whether ur coming or not.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
ok so i'm not gettin much feed back for this thursday. so what do u guys think about this next tuesday or thursday. those are the days i dont work so itll have to be on of those unless i tell me job ahead of time. we can have it this sat but i think a bunch of ppl are goin to that lindenhurst thingy. so guys post up and say when we should have one. i wanna have on b4 parallax

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
who is thie melee master wanna be? yo if u want to lose some money (or as ryan would say... a franklin) in a money match give me a hola.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Hey there "meleemaster". How about a moneymatch? I'll be Dr. Mario and you can be whoever you want to be. I'm thinking 5 or 10 dollars. So if you wanna go to med school and learn the anatomy of my foot, let me know.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
hey guys, I'm going to be up on Long Island for most of next week starting saturday...I'll be in Dix Hills for a couple days and then in the Hamptons for the rest of the week and then in Manhattan next thursday or friday. If anyone wants to smash, it'd be amazing play some NY people...no worries on housing or anything, I'm just looking for some friendlies while I'm up there...PM me your info or whatever if anyone's interested....thanks

SLH

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, I'm going to be up on Long Island for most of next week starting saturday...I'll be in Dix Hills for a couple days and then in the Hamptons for the rest of the week and then in Manhattan next thursday or friday. If anyone wants to smash, it'd be amazing play some NY people...no worries on housing or anything, I'm just looking for some friendlies while I'm up there...PM me your info or whatever if anyone's interested....thanks
i'll talk to dmon and see if he can hold a fest at his house

toasty

Smash Hero
i'll talk to dmon and see if he can hold a fest at his house
awesome =D
hopefully it won't intervene too badly with my family's plans [though for most of the week, the plans are just to chill] hah I guess that's a nicer way of saying "I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make it even if something gets organized"...I'm 95% sure that it wouldn't be a problem though

SLH

Smash Journeyman
well, just find out the dates that work for you. as long as he knows in advance he can hold something pretty much any day

Ryan-K

Smash Master
He lives in deer park and it's at his house. Dix hills is close to deer park, and it's also pretty close to me too. It's pretty far from the hamptons though. AFAIK noone lives close to the hamptons, so you should probably play while you're in dix hills, since it's near everyone. I would love to play with an out of stater, though!

toasty

Smash Hero
hmmm I need to talk to my friends in Dix Hill to see how they'd be with dropping me off [one of them plays smash but never "seriously"...I'll see if he's interested in coming though..that way I'll have a ride =D] okay I will let you know tonight or tomorrow which day is the best so that it isn't so last minute =D

toasty

Smash Hero
alright, I did the best I could with trying to contact my friends, but I'll say this: It looks like sunday would be my best option here. I'm going to assume this is at night, correct? Anyway, someone PM me an address&phone number, that would help a lot. At least the address. Would sunday night work for you guys?

toasty

Smash Hero
Your ko video is too good.
hah, thanks man...but wow did karma KICK my *** last night. The guy in the video, he's not a Link player at all but he's really good in general, and while he knew I was going to post it, it sucked for him because everyone in SoVA ended up finding out who it was and they kinda ragged him for it one night...like...a lot. So I got destroyed last night hahaha, and EVERY match was recorded XD! oh well, good to have that balance =D at least I got some shltty games out of my system before I come up to NY

Long Island Smash Crew

Smash Rookie
Hey whats up guys, quick reminder of the tourny going on tomorrow at Game Crazy in Lindenhurst. We should have a very nice turn out according to all the people who have sent me messages and people I know from Lindenhurst who will be there.

Starts at 2, but people will prob be there early for practice
4$ a person to enter, winner will be getting grand total
A few things will be given out to people who make the finals but dont win
It's a one on one tournament
If you dont want to be in the tournament you can come before 2 and play in some friendly matches, or come just to watch the tournament

Any questions, send me a message on myspace
myspace.com/LongIslandSmashCrew

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Hey whats up guys, quick reminder of the tourny going on tomorrow at Game Crazy in Lindenhurst. We should have a very nice turn out according to all the people who have sent me messages and people I know from Lindenhurst who will be there.

Starts at 2, but people will prob be there early for practice
4$ a person to enter, winner will be getting grand total
A few things will be given out to people who make the finals but dont win
It's a one on one tournament
If you dont want to be in the tournament you can come before 2 and play in some friendly matches, or come just to watch the tournament

Any questions, send me a message on myspace
myspace.com/LongIslandSmashCrew
If people wanna get in some friendlies then come around 1pm. The TVs should be setup by then

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
Totally forgot this thread existed. exSoldier, I think I saw you at that castle golf place. I brought one of the two T.V.s used for smash there, the one that faced the counter.

Today's tourney at game crazy, I did horridly at that. Definitely need to play more people then the few who live within walking distance of my house.

Top Bottom