• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
sux man, however the smashfest only had 7 ppl in it cuz ppl just didn't show up. next time dont say ur comin if ur not comin, ****in idiots wasting my time

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
oh dont worry, elli and i will make sure to **** everyone in 2 v 2's, so just sit tight and wait to be *****

zxcZ

Smash Cadet
Does parallax release like a schedule in advanced or do they just announce one tournament for a game at a time?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Lol CJ.

Well it seems that everytime I go to a Parallax tournament, the turnout gets exponentially worse. I don't really care how I do personally, just that there aren't enough people that go anymore. And we ended up not doing that crew battle thing after all.

So where are all the Long Island smashers? Why don't these people go to tournaments?

Well I'm thinking that I can put something together that will take place in Suffolk County in Selden. I don't have anything actually put into action yet because I'm not going to try to do anything unless people are actually interested.

Here's what I propose: Long Island Smash Weeklies. The place I have in mind is spacious and has good A/C. I'm thinking the usual singles/doubles ****, then low tier ****, then crews, then whatever other dumb **** we can put together. If we have LI weeklies going on, then maybe we can bring back the dying LI smash community. I know there's that kinda high chance at failure but I want to give this idea a try at least once and see how it goes.

I won't do anything until I get a decent amount of feedback, and don't bother asking **** like 'where is this exactly i want longitude and latitude' or 'what time will this go on and what day' because that stuff doesn't matter if we don't have enough interest to try and hold the weeklies anyway.

Instead just be sure to let me know that you are definitely interested in participating in LI Smash Weeklies and I will try to put it together if there is enough interest shown.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ELI- We tried that 2 months ago and noone had any interest whatsoever but if you want to go for it then by all means please do.

Haining

Smash Rookie
I'd deff play in smash weeklies or whatever crap you wanna do. I'd bring whatever i can get my hands on. Can you perhaps tell me the name of the place where you want to hold this? just curious.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The name of the place I have in mind is called "The Brothers Grim". It's in Selden on Middle Country Road, which is off Nicolls (97), which is off Exit 62 on the LIE.

They have no knowledge of this yet, but I'm gonna try and set up a deal with them if people are willing to show up. I'll probably try and set up one event and if it has a good turnout then keep it going.

They're one of those stores that have a bunch of tabletop games that nobody ever heard of. And they have Magic the Gathering stuff there. I don't really play any of that stuff but after all they are a gaming place of some kind, with plenty of room and good A/C so it seems like a decent place to try and hold an event if they're up for it.

Want to help make this possible? You can promote LI Smash Weeklies through crap like MySpace or just mention it wherever you are around kids on LI. I dunno, it sounds like it could work if we put in the effort. So let's give it a try.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
hellz yea, this is a great excuse for me to go runnin my mouth. i bet i'll tell more ppl about this than anyone on L.I., no **** dat, in the country.

Arymo

Smash Rookie
Andy; Uniondale; Shiek, Marth, Pikachu; AIM: Arymo95

scrapecity do tell when your having another gather at 'The House Of ****";

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
iiiiiight i'll make sure to keep things posted. parallax is having another "smahsfest" soon. i say we do like last time and tell everyone who would be going there to go to my house aka "The House of ****" and we can all play for free on some non -laggy tv's and eat and have alot of fun. there will also be more tvs than in parallax so u wont have to wait around for matches. so start postin if ur comin. cmon i wanna see alot of ppl posted to make this big

zxcZ

Smash Cadet
So how long has everyone been playing for? I started with the original but never used wavedash and all the other till October of last year.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
hey guys im think thniking of going to that lan center called paralax at mineola, and im just wondering, do you guys go there for a smash fest / tourney?, cause i do not wanna go there and be the only one there.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Well some of us are probably gonna go to Parallax on the 25th for their tournament, but for their smashfest on the 18th (this saturday), we're probably gonna go to Gordon's house (scrapecity) instead, seeing as you don't have to pay to play and the t.v. sets don't lag like an old history professor.

Top Bottom