• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it has come to my attention that this thread sucks. or at least the last few pages of posts do. everyone needs to stop flaming and stop spamming, infractions will be given to posts that are off topic from here on out.

this is not a community chat room/thread, this is a topic for discussion of the smashbros.com website and its contents.

please stay on topic and commit to intelligent discussion from here on out.

thank you!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
LMAO I don't think giving infractions would affect me an RDK much XD

But yhea, it started turning into the old smashbros.com thread again, we will (Might...) try to stop spamming. and er... maybe flaming... if your lucky.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
...**** dictatorship.

Edit: Wow... you should suggest trying to get a larger range of text sizes.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the very fact that you are responding to me makes what you are saying spam, i said be on topic.

be on topic or do not post.

if you want to chat use aim or gamefaqs or something lol

Legolastom

Smash Hero
@Gimpy: The very fact that you are responding to me makes what you are saying spam, i said be on topic.

Be on topic or do not post.

If you want to chat use aim or gamefaqs or something lol.

Now Gimpy I will let you slide, but any more off topic posts and I will have to report you.

On topic: Yhea the trophies are interesting... this new feature will make trophy collection more entertaining and not just a game of luck.

Stryks

Smash Hero
off topic:anyone else notice gimpy has been on constant watch on most of the threads lately? did I miss anything that caused the brawl character discussion threads to be in constant watch?

on topic: I hope the whole coin launcher thing doesnt get repetitive, I hope the more u get the bigger obstacles u face, and possibly maybe powerups, like for a period of time u can send as many coins as u can and u dont lose coins...

@ lego: Oh no you didnt!
I sense a Bowser Fsmash comin...

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
the very fact that you are responding to me makes what you are saying spam, i said be on topic.

be on topic or do not post.

if you want to chat use aim or gamefaqs or something lol
Is it me or is this post ironic?

On Topic(EAT IT, I'M ON TOPIC: Trophy stuff looks awesome! I wonder if you could face trophies in Trophy Tussle Events..

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you clearly are not getting it legolastom, you too brawlpro, this is NOT a chat room. meaning do not chat.

the reason I'm making posts like this is because its my responsibility to make sure that you all stay on topic, I can make posts to enforce rules or tell you what you are doing is wrong so that you will correct things in the future. Obviously some of you aren't getting the fact that this board isn't for general chatting. Contribute to the topic at hand or do not post. Infractions are already being given for being off topic. Do not reply to this part of my post on these boards, feel free to send me a pm if you think I'm doing something wrong.

anyways, i actually DID want to post something about the last update anyways

i honestly think it was a great update haha it looks really fun to be perfectly honest. Sure its not an update in regards to the main game or anything like that, but i'm glad that this is in instead of random chance trophy lottery. most people seem to be not to fond of the update, but whatever.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Joking? It was hard to think of that post as a joke after you guys argued, and "i'm joking" seems to be a john for spamming, btw don't take the F part to heart.
Now now, leave your kissing up to higher authorities in School, Teacher's Pet.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And I hardly think that threatening to report a moderator isn't joking.

Now stop being off topic, if you want to chat use aim or gamefaqs or something lol.

On topic: Do you think there will be bosses in this little coin game thing?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What was the point of that post? Just to prove how pointless you are even more? But to answer your question (Question mark-less as it was) yes, yes you do.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Double stage? kinda unlikely...
sakurai is giving us a hell of alot of game modes, so I wouldnt be surprise if we get one, that or a stage...
and cmon guys stop flaming...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Well,it was fun while it lasted. Anyway,on topic..Bosses would seem cool for the trophy game,maybe for rare trophies or something.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thanks for the 4 random infractions Gimpy.

ON TOPIC: You think there will be another enemies of SE update? Except this time with the series enemies and not smash bros ones.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Dragoon

It is said that if you collect all three parts, you will complete the legendary Air Ride machine...

There it is! Dragoon Part A!

It’s broken into three parts:
Dragoon Part A, the nosecone...
Dragoon Part B, the hull...
and Dragoon Part C, the tail.

Gather all three and the Dragoon is formed!

Target in sight!

FIRE!!!

Of course, given the amount of preparation required, it boasts tremendous firepower! If it strikes you, consider it a one-hit KO.

The battle for this item is hot.

When you get Dragoon parts, these icons appear!

Hit an opponent who has one of the Dragoon parts to make him drop it like a fumble. You also drop the parts when you lose a life. If you want to get a part in hand, then beat on your opponent!

The same can be said for Smash Balls—those, too, are items that everyone really wants badly, so the scramble can be quite funny!

The joy of finally getting all three. Your enemies doing whatever they can to flee. It’s like we’ve added a delicious new spice, so I hope you’ll enjoy it during multiplayer matches.

And

I have a request for the many people who want to play over Wi-Fi! The first time you play the Wi-Fi modes, please be sure to set the Smash Service to ON.

Here in the Options...

You’ll find "Smash Service."

If you don’t turn this Smash Service on, you won’t receive any data! I ask that you take great care not to forget this step.

<Data Sent by Nintendo>

Choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

In order to receive data sent by Nintendo, you need to first choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection mode.

You connect without incident. When you confirm the message...

Data appears in the applicable mode!

Things that have "Download" written on them were sent by Nintendo.

Now, downloaded data from Nintendo will gradually be overwritten, so there’s no need to worry about your Wii’s memory running out.

<Data Sent by a Friend>

Whoa. A lot of stuff arrived. Nice.

When something arrives, you’ll get a message on your Wii Message Board.

When you start up the game...

The data will be in its respective places.

Now, since this data comes from your friends, this is where you have to watch your remaining save memory! If the remaining free space on your Wii System Memory is running low, you won’t be able to receive the data. Move old data to an SD card or erase it.

You can also send data to multiple friends at once.

It’s difficult to put the joy of being able to exchange snapshots and stages into words. I certainly hope you will all enjoy it.​

Wow, lots of stuff here

And incase you didn't notice, it looks like we wont get anymore updates until January 7th. They could certainly use the break, seeing as how Sakurai didn't intend on keeping daily updates this long at first.

But anyways, so yea, we know what the Brawl Channel screen looks like, woot!

Neat item, not much to say except i like the idea of collecting pieces of an item for a grand attack

And it's great we can actually use the pics on the Wii itself and not just in-game.

there's some other things, but it's late here, and i have been gettin tired of doing this, thankfully, but at the same time unfortunately, Sakurai has kinda given me a break as well, and let me get some sleep for once :) but when Janurary 7th comes around, ill be right back on these updates again. See ya then!

Discuss

Del Money

Smash Champion
That Air Rider item looks cool (not that I care for item play much outside of single player and maybe a few multiplayer if the mood strikes me). I'm more interested in the Wi-Fi update. This confirmed downloadable content from Nintendo, but I doubt it'll extend past small things like stckers, trophies, snapshots, and custom-built stages. I wouldn't be expecting anything big like characters or brand-new full-featured stages.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
This was a great update except that now we wont have updates till the 7th, but still its cool that the item is able to be "pocketed" for later use. I wonder if you could "pocket" normal items for later use (limit of 1 at a time)?
also, anyone think its suspicious that the only other channel to appear with the game channel(with brawl) was the mii channel? i think it's suspicious

Del Money

Smash Champion
Nice item. Something new like this is always fun in my book. I just don't understand how it would work if each player had one piece of the ship. It couldn't be used, could it?
That's simple...maybe you can just beat it out of them.

Top Bottom