• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Test Battle: Tokyo vs. Kyoto

While it’s true you can battle over Wi-Fi, your connection environment and the distance between players can cause great changes in speed. That fact probably makes you a little uneasy.

So, we conducted an online battle between Nintendo’s headquarters in Kyoto and the development team in Tokyo. The distance between Kyoto and Tokyo...is nearly the same distance between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Here’s the video of that match.

Now this is an unorthodox update if there ever was one.

I'd have to say this is probably the first full and real battle in good quality ive ever seen of Brawl, even with all those demo vids.

There's really not much i can say about this other than it's good to get video, and Sakurai really must be running out of non-unlockable things to update now that the Japanese release is just 6 days away! (i assume he hasn't given us any or very few unlockable things)

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
Vault

The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one.

Here’s the top menu.

Let’s do a rough overview of the mode known as the Vault.

The Vault is where items you’ve collected or created in Brawl are stored. Objects you’ve received as rewards or downloaded usually appear here.

This is the Vault menu!

Trophies & Stickers

●Trophy Gallery

Browse your collection of trophies here.

●Trophy Hoard

Line up your trophies and take photos of them.

View all of your stickers laid out neatly in an album.

●Sticker Center

Enjoy arranging your stickers.

●Coin Launcher

Fire off volleys of coins to snag new trophies and stickers!

Stage Builder

You can create all sorts of stages here. Go here for more details.

Build stages like this one!

And this one!

If you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you might find something new waiting for you here.

Album

Check out your best snapshots here. Go to this link for more details.

All the shots you take can be found in the Album!

It looks like you might have a new snapshot waiting as well.

Challenges

Once you’ve received a reward for completing a challenge, check here to see what you need to do to complete other challenges. Find more information here.

Replays

Save up to 3 minutes of game play per replay.

Of course, you can record your brawls...

And your Home-Run Contests!

And your runs in Target Smash!!

And your exploits in Multi-Man Brawl!

The power to record and send out brawl replays is in your hands. You can even zoom in for a close-up on individual characters while viewing replays.

Masterpieces

Savor the "authentic" battles past for many famous characters through Virtual Console trial versions! Find out more here.

Chronicle

This bonus feature lets you peruse Nintendo’s library of past titles. Missing titles in your Chronicle will gradually fill in as you obtain stickers and other things related to those games. (However, there are some titles that will not be displayed until the very end.)

Mm hmm... ...This is just nuts.

How on earth did we squeeze all these modes in here? I’ve clearly gone overboard with Brawl.

But still, it’s not like I want everyone to play through every single portion of the game. I think I’d rather you played small portions of the areas you find interesting a little at a time.

Whether you choose to go solo or play with friends, you’re covered, because Brawl is about playing the way you want to play.​

Wow, mostly a re-hash, but it's nice to get a whole summary of all this stuff, and Chronicle looks like a great check list to see if you got everything you could get for those of us who are the collecting type (i do like to try and collect everything, im sure this game will keep me very busy that way as well as multiplayer and single player).

3 days away from release! i dont expect anymore characters until release, hopefully Sakurai will kick off the Japanese release day with something good!

Discuss

Snakz

Smash Ace
First Songs in My Music

In Brawl there are many ways to add music to your collection, from picking up CDs to unlocking secret songs. However, the number of tracks you can access from the first time you boot up is also quite impressive!

Therefore, I thought I’d go ahead and post a list of songs available from day one.

First Songs in My Music

Look at all those songs. Look at those big names....

Just think, that big list of songs is going to do nothing but grow as you pick up CDs and unlock additional melodies.

Man, having all this great music in Brawl is such an honor!​

Well i suppose this is cool and all, but this certainly aint what people are paying attention to.

Kinda a worthless update, especially considering all the characters that got confirmed outside the Dojo tonight, and apparently confirming those NeoGAF guys 35 character roster......****.

Discuss

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
it seems Sakurai kept some new tricks up his sleeve, he knew about pivot grabs already. But Ukemi is a name ill use but
Short Hop>small jump.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sakurai said:
I’ll try not to get too technical with things, but just know that there are lots of small tricks like these for you to play around with.
At least people can't now complain that every new advanced technique is an unintended glitch that breaks the game.

Great update.

Also:

I like how the support pylons in the back resemble the smash logo. :]

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
This topic hasn't been posted in for a while, so I don't know if it's the right thread. Anyways (possible spoilers):

The update today was a list of all items. One item caught my eye:

Heart Container

Pick up one of these to reduce your damage by 100 percentage points. Heart Containers float slowly to the ground once they appear, but don’t risk waiting around for them to hit the ground – jump up and grab ‘em in mid-air. You should also know that the three Heart Containers that appear in All-Star Mode heal all accumulated damage.

I checked for any update about All-Star, but i didn't find any. Most people already knew it was in the game. Two days ago the dojo gave a tip about it, too. "A certain hidden game mode shares this type of continue screen..."

Top Bottom