• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Console Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Mic_128 said:
I semi-agree with you. Sure, it's posible to play a PS2 in bed, but if you want to switch games, you've got to sit up, you need to have the TV on the right channel, ect ect.
anyone think that we will be able to stay in bed to play downloaded, classic games because it will already be in the Rev? i think there is a power button on the top of the Revmote. u could just turn the system off and turn it back on:)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, other than changing disks, anything is possible from bed. and i have enough legos and **** that i might design something to let me change discs from bed. would be sweet.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Actually you could change disc's from bed. The rev's supposed to have wireless av connection. So just plug the system in an outlet near your bed and your all set. :chuckle:

zarbityugi

Smash Cadet
OK, now I am definitely sold on a Rev (like I wasn't already). That would be the most awesome feature of a console in a long time.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
RaptorHawk said:
Actually you could change disc's from bed. The rev's supposed to have wireless av connection. So just plug the system in an outlet near your bed and your all set. :chuckle:
Wireless AV? Pictures from GDC clearly show the AV Outlet labeled "AV Out." Where does Nintendo say that the Revolution will feature wireless AV?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, that makes no sense. but interms of power, at E3 05 iwata turned on the Rev but it wasn't plugged in. Does that mean it'll have a battery?

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
ChRed2AKrisp said:
yeah, that makes no sense. but interms of power, at E3 05 iwata turned on the Rev but it wasn't plugged in. Does that mean it'll have a battery?
No.
RaptorHawk said:
You are an idiot.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
so the wireless av thingy(yea i said it) isnt going to be on the rev? thats too bad. im sick of all the wires everywhere. that was a pretty sweet idea though. Edit: i just thought of something. would u have to have ur rev on top of or beneath ur television for the remote to work? how is the system going to respond to the movements if it's to the side or something like that? do u have to point the remote at the system to make it work? u couldnt just point it at the tv... :dizzy:

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
commonyoshi said:
so the wireless av thingy(yea i said it) isnt going to be on the rev? thats too bad. im sick of all the wires everywhere. that was a pretty sweet idea though. Edit: i just thought of something. would u have to have ur rev on top of or beneath ur television for the remote to work? how is the system going to respond to the movements if it's to the side or something like that? do u have to point the remote at the system to make it work? u couldnt just point it at the tv... :dizzy:
Augh, I really hate trying to explain how the revmote works. As long as the sensors are in the general area of the tv, you'll be fine, because the controller isn't a freaking lightgun. It's all relative. I mean, if the programmers decide to put in the option, you could change the sensitivity of the motions. All the sensors do is track the movement of the remote and relay it to the console. You're not pointing at anything.

Also, the wireless av thing was floating around back around E3 2005, but it was just theory. Nintendo hasn't commented or suggested that the rev would support any such function. Not to mention it's just highly unlikely anyway.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For a wireless AV, wouldn't it have to have an attachment for your TV as well? Seems a bit complicated for that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I lost interest some pages back.

It's toys, it doesn't matter that much to me.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
CK always says the exact same thing when he starts losing an argument. He goes at it for a while. then he says they're just toys, look at you freaks getting so worked up over it, but then he argues about the "toys" again later. i guess that's life.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
i was refering to our PM debate.
We had a PM debate? I really don't remember it.

ChRed2AKrisp said:
CK always says the exact same thing when he starts losing an argument. He goes at it for a while. then he says they're just toys, look at you freaks getting so worked up over it, but then he argues about the "toys" again later. i guess that's life.
You are hilarious. You try to keep goading me into an argument just so you can say "your company" is better. Have fun.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
ChRed2AKrisp said:
It might seem like that to you because you're one of the fanboys in here that goes crazy when someone says something anti-Nintendo.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
no , i just see CK say that ALOT. I wouldn't mind if you just wanted to drop a debate and said something like," there's no way i'll convince you because youi're fan boys", that would be the truth and I wouldn't mind. But when you argue heatedly about something and then dismiss it with "toys" that ticks me off.

Oh and though I may like nintendo a lot, i never said I didn't like Microsoft or Sony. In fact, the on ly reason i got started on nintendo was its cost. Then i really got into everything about nintendo. I haven't said i don' like the PS3 or xbox360, I just said i'm more interested in what the rev can do, because i honestly think it'll be blast to play. That's not saying 360 and PS3 aren't fun, i'm sure that i'll love playing both, i'll probably do system tradeds with some friends so we can play new games. So if Fanboy means I prefer nintendo, then i'm a fanboy, but if it means I worship nintendo as a demi-god and villify Sony and Microsoftm then i'm not a fanboy.(well, i get ticked at microsft and BG every now a nd then, but i've been doing that since before the xbox was announced).

Crimson King said:
What is that banned of, Cashed?
what the heck is that supposed to mean o_O?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It was a typo, douchebag. Figure it out.

Also, are they not toys? Their primary goal is to entertain mostly children, but anyone can play with it, like toys.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Also, are they not toys? Their primary goal is to entertain mostly children, but anyone can play with it, like toys.
Seeing as the average game player is nearly 30 I would say their primary goal is not to entertain mostly children. Yes they are only for entertainment purposes but so are movies, sports, blah, blah, etc, etc. That doesn't stop people from having discussions about those and really, that's the only point of this topic.

zarbityugi

Smash Cadet
CK's right. They are powerful electronic toys. Almost anything that is used for entertainment could be considered a "toy". A DVD player can be a toy. A computer can be a toy. Even food can be a toy (a cat with a mouse? not the best example, but hey...). Anything that entertains you can be called a toy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
What is that banner of, Cashed?
That would be his XBox Live Gamertag. I see he changed his arvitar to that of the Fruit ****er.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I agree with King. The gaming systems are toys to entertain children. Does a grown man not act like a child when playing a racing game? You put a 40 year old man in front of Gran Turismo 4 and put a 6 year old in front of Mario Kart (pick one, it doesn't matter) and you'll get the same expression from both of them. 0.0

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Deo_Smash said:
You put a 40 year old man in front of Gran Turismo 4 and put a 6 year old in front of Mario Kart (pick one, it doesn't matter) and you'll get the same expression from both of them. 0.0
Pedophila?

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Um...Your responce confuses me.....

No. Open mouth and staring at the screen for hours untill they win and get excited or lose and throw the controller at the screen. Videogames are toys for all ages, literatlly.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
What is that banner of, Cashed?
Sig version of my Xbox Live Gamercard. The five little pictures are my most recently played games (Oblivion = oh my god awesome), the stars are my reputation, the number is my gamerscore and Fruit ****er is my Gamerpic. =)

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
$500? Gees thats crazy. I don't want to have to sell a kidney to buy a system. I'm glad nintendo keeping their price below $300. I'm already convinced I won't own a 360 and I can't even afford to DREAM about owning a PS3. Forget it.

zarbityugi

Smash Cadet
Finally, back on topic. I'm definitely not going to drop $500 into a system who's predecessor didn't show me a whole lot (I didn't like the PS2, it's that simple). And there's no point in getting a 360 until H3 comes out, because nothing else is grabbing my attention at the moment. So I'm just going to sit back and wait for the Rev, all the while watching my bank account grow so I can buy good games for it (SSB3) as opposed to buying a 360 now and wasting money on games I probably won't even like a whole lot.

cowwa-f'n-bunga

Smash Apprentice
The PS3 will be expensive for a reason: it will be packed full of some of the most advanced technology on the planet. It will still be considered a powerfull machine in 4-5 years. It will be one of the cheapest and first Blu-Ray players on the market. Those of you who say you can't afford it must not have jobs. Recall that the majority of gamers are over 20. Most have at the very least some form of employment if not a high-paying job. I predict that the PS3 will be a tough competitor in the next console race due to its huge fan base and third party support.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
cowwa-f'n-bunga said:
It will be one of the cheapest and first Blu-Ray players on the market.
1. "Firsts" are seldom cheap.
2. If it's the first blu-ray player on the market, it's cheap compared to what?

Also, you saying it'll do great because of it's fanbase, the PS2 itself has no fan base. Just the games. And a large number of the games that have the fanbases are on multiple consoles this Gen. Final Fantasy, Resi Evil, GTA are all on the XBox too.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
if the PS3 could do everything that those can do PLUS be an incredible gaming system, then it would retail for a lot MORE. Therefore, since these players wil focus SPECIFICALLY on media, they'll probably be MUCH better. Besides, what blu-ray disks will the PS3 play? THe GAMES are blu-ray. It has a DVD player. Saying 2 things are blu-ray players doesn't specify WHAT they use the blu-ray for.

zarbityugi

Smash Cadet
And besides, are these blu-ray disks that great? I mean, they seem to be glorified DVD's. Now, DVD's were a huge step up from VHS, but this blu-ray doesn't seem to be that incredibly amazing. As long as I have something that can play movies, I'm happy. I don't care that much if I can count the pores on a person's face or not. As long as I can tell each person from the others I'll be happy.

cowwa-f'n-bunga

Smash Apprentice
ChRed2AKrisp said:
what blu-ray disks will the PS3 play? THe GAMES are blu-ray. It has a DVD player. Saying 2 things are blu-ray players doesn't specify WHAT they use the blu-ray for.
Why wouldn't it play Blu-Ray movies?

If it were over $1,000 then I agree with you. That is quite a bit of money to invest in any appliance, and many people would likely feel that it is too expensive.

EDIT: Why would it play Blu-Ray games and not movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom