• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Console Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Paranoid_Android said:
Halo doesn't really have anything that special. Any of the "innovations" are things that any gamer would say "Well no ****, genius". Hmm... Vehicles in multiplayer? No one would have thought that up. CTF, KoTH, etc. are all standard game modes. Most of the maps aren't that interesting. The reason Halo was successful is simple: It was the first decent mutliplayer game online between consoles. I'm not saying it's a bad game - I'm saying people are giving it far too much credit for things that GoldenEye and it's other predecessors did long before. It's landmark can be summed up as a good online interface on a console.
Seems like you're being a bit biased here mate. This is a nintendo forum so I shouldn't be surprised. It's not a bad thing, don't worry. The maps in Halo from my perspective ARE interesting, and maybe you're lacking the history they represent? The background they hold regarding the books? Perhaps that's why you find them a bit bland, which is fine, no one will force you to read the story and how the game compliments it.

Maybe you didn't play Halo enough to understand.

mouseboy20

Smash Apprentice
Dude- I totally agree:)
HALO got way to much credit just because Microsoft made shure it was the first online multiplayer of it's kind.
But don't get me wrong here, HALO is a pretty good game, it just got too much credit

P.S.
Hey Xzero beatX, is it just me, or is all u post about HALO related stuff? I don't ever see you posting smash things.(no offence)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
halo didnt do anything original at all. the only reason i like it is because of the good controlls, guns, and life system. most other shooters fail at this. let us plz stop talking about halo and get back on track....Nintendo forever suckas!

mouseboy20

Smash Apprentice
Your right dude, enough with the halo ****.
does anyone know any good revolution vids that show the screen, not just the people using the controller?

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Halo 2 was overhyped because microsoft used very clever marketing. Nothing else. Also, it actually is a good game, despite the fact that most everyone here are shallow nintendo fanboys.

Mouseboy20, they don't exist.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
If i ever get to go to E3, i wll die a happy man. I wonder if they will make fps games that have dual weilding. That way, we can use two controllers to controll the two guns instead the stuff we have now where we have to ain both guns at the same point. It would be hard to move around though because then we can use the control stick... Maybe we use the control pad instead. Hmmm.......

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There's nothing wrong with anticipation. But your not anticipating your asking for something that doesn't exist.

SmashBros.Guy

Smash Cadet
I hope they reveal the BIG SECRET May 9th. I hope they something about the new Super Smash Bros. I wouldn't want to wait another day because I've waited long enough and I bet you guys have too.

zarbityugi

Smash Cadet
That's the truth. SSB3 will be great, and I want to see some vids. Or at least in-game Rev vids. Those'd be good too.

*I take my SAT's the 6th, E3's the 9th. Crap! I won't be able to focus!!!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
mouseboy20 said:
Dude- I totally agree:)
HALO got way to much credit just because Microsoft made shure it was the first online multiplayer of it's kind.
But don't get me wrong here, HALO is a pretty good game, it just got too much credit

P.S.
Hey Xzero beatX, is it just me, or is all u post about HALO related stuff? I don't ever see you posting smash things.(no offence)
Then you're just limited to this part of the forums? Lurk more. BTW, which Halo are you talking about? Because all you guys keep talking about is "online"? When the best part is the campaign.
SmashBros.Guy said:
I hope they reveal the BIG SECRET May 9th. I hope they something about the new Super Smash Bros. I wouldn't want to wait another day because I've waited long enough and I bet you guys have too.
May isn't far away:-p. I'm looking forward to final exams and the last day of school rather than gaming news right now-_-.

mouseboy20

Smash Apprentice
XZero BeatX said:
Because all you guys keep talking about is "online"? When the best part is the campaign.
I played HALO CE for P.C. and it sucked!:mad: the campaign had a very consistant theme though, I have summed it up in one sentence:
Kill the same frickin' aliens over and over and over and over and over. <Boring>
:sniper:
:enforcer:
:rocket:

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Ce for pc stinks. Mouse is not a wise option for Halo.
mouseboy20 said:
Kill the same frickin' aliens over and over and over and over and over. <Boring>
You make Nintendo look bad.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
mouseboy, stop spamming.

Anyways.

Microsoft has announced they'll be releasing most of the demos available to play at E3 over the Xbox Live Marketplace during the E3, as to bring E3 to everyone's house who can't go. Awesome. There will also be the trailers shown at E3 available, but once again, demos from E3. Yay. Lost Planet is the first confirmed game to have its E3 demo on the Xbox Live Marketplace. It'll be up on May 9th, the day of Microsoft's and Nintendo's conferences.

When the Revolution and PS3 come out, it'll be cool if all the companies do things like this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
mouseboy20 said:
the campaign had a very consistant theme though, I have summed it up in one sentence:
Kill the same frickin' aliens over and over and over and over and over.
You've just described every single FPS ever made.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Cashed said:
mouseboy, stop spamming.

Anyways.

Microsoft has announced they'll be releasing most of the demos available to play at E3 over the Xbox Live Marketplace during the E3, as to bring E3 to everyone's house who can't go. Awesome. There will also be the trailers shown at E3 available, but once again, demos from E3. Yay. Lost Planet is the first confirmed game to have its E3 demo on the Xbox Live Marketplace. It'll be up on May 9th, the day of Microsoft's and Nintendo's conferences.

When the Revolution and PS3 come out, it'll be cool if all the companies do things like this.
I bow to the awesome news you're delivered. Will people be able to download it via the regular Xbox?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I played HALO CE for P.C. and it sucked! the campaign had a very consistant theme though, I have summed it up in one sentence:
Kill the same frickin' aliens over and over and over and over and over.
As opposed to saving a princess again and again from the clutches of the same villian?

Cashed, you are making me want a 360. Is it worth getting without an HD TV?

Zink

Smash Champion
Crimson King said:
As opposed to saving a princess again and again from the clutches of the same villian?
Except in Halo you do the same thing every minute- go to next area- shoot everything- repeat
Mario has many different styles and executions.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Cashed, you are making me want a 360. Is it worth getting without an HD TV?
Well, of course. With the HDTV you get a higher resolution (widescreen at that), but until I can afford that, I'm fine playing all my 360 stuff on a SDTV. The polygon count isn't lowered or anything. It still looks amazing.

mouseboy20

Smash Apprentice
Zink said:
Except in Halo you do the same thing every minute- go to next area- shoot everything- repeat
I agree with zink, mario is way better than master chief, he was even better than master chief 10 yrs before master chief existed. If you want to see what I mean, watch the movie link on my sig-it's so cool!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hmm, I may go with the 360 sooner rather than later. I expect a price drop for E3 + all that great Live Content. Hmm. . .

SmashBros.Guy

Smash Cadet
Ya I've scene Old School Revolution. It's great. But I think that Luigi could beat Mario. Even though he is in Mario's shadow.

Also if you are a gamer you should join 1up. I would like to see new INTELLIGENT gamers. There is a link on my signature.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Hmm, I may go with the 360 sooner rather than later. I expect a price drop for E3 + all that great Live Content. Hmm. . .
There are two rumored price drops. E3, of course, or maybe later this year. The original Xbox dropped $100 six months after release, so I wouldn't doubt a drop sometime soon.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
mouseboy20 said:
I agree with zink, mario is way better than master chief, he was even better than master chief 10 yrs before master chief existed. If you want to see what I mean, watch the movie link on my sig-it's so cool!
LOL Fanboys. Your ignorance kills every cute little innocent kitty in the world, now everybody HATES YOU.
---------------
I'm getting a 360 soon and my Sony TV has HD so yay for me. I don't know what game to get though>_<.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Zink said:
Like jumping and.....throwing fire, and.......uh........

One time he could shoot water.....

kaid

Smash Master
Master chief vs. Samus.

Let's start simple. Master chief dies when hit by a rocket launcher. Samus has her Super Missile, which makes just as big a boom, and can therefore be assumed to be equally powerful. Moreover, it homes.

While Master Chief's shields regen if he is left alone, Samus simply has absurd amounts of "Energy Tanks," meaning she could take 3-4 Rockets to the face and keep coming.

As for the sniper rifle, taking the Imperialist from Metroid Prime Hunters as a baseline for sniper damage, anyone except for trace takes two headshots to kill a maxed out VS mode Hunter, where you are limited to a single additional Energy tank. With even 4 or 5 of them, Master chief would have empty several clips into Samus before she went Morphball, which has no head to snipe and is a smaller, faster target anyway.

Samus's unfair advantages in personal weapons and defences, however, is slightly offset by Master Chief's ability to command Marines and board vehicals. A Warthog, for example, is an instakill no matter what life the target had before being run over, as is the Ghost. The tank has a decent turret speed, but really needs explosive rounds to deal with the Chozo Battle Armor, and has an open cockpit, making it unsafe to drive. And the Banshee is just asking for a supermissile.

Through no fault of his own, Masterchief is entirely outclassed, being based at least partially on a realistic damage base. Samus, on the other hand, has alien tech far in advance of anything Earth or the Covenent have ever heard of. If it came down to a head-to-head, Master chief's only hope is to lay a tripwire, to make Samut trip and scatter her technological goodies over the entire planet. But that is more Snake's (MGS) specialty, anyway.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
XZero BeatX said:
LOL Fanboys. Your ignorance kills every cute little innocent kitty in the world, now everybody HATES YOU.
---------------
I'm getting a 360 soon and my Sony TV has HD so yay for me. I don't know what game to get though>_<.
It's an OPINION. Sheesh. I proudly say that I like Nintendo the best, but that doesn't make me exclude other products. Yes, I prefer Mario to that stupid Master Cheif but I still play both games. I am a Nintendo fan boy, and just to show that I dont hate everything Xbox comes up with, here is a cool commercial I found:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4674815900435763897&q=xbox+commercial&pl=true

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
This topic makes me sad.

Although I must admit I am in love with that commercial. I can't believe it was banned sheesh.

SnaKKer

Smash Rookie
The PS3 is still all talk, all rumor, all hype. I'm playing my 360 now, I'm amazed at Oblivion now. The PS3 better be the greatest thing in gaming history, or all this strutting by Sony is for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom