• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Hyro

Smash Lord
you just kinda BBQ. but then press BCAT at the end. like you're control stick has to have a seizure...but in the right directions at specific times. completely useless.

but in case it helps, i was eating zebra cakes at the time.

P.S...holiday zebra cakes. with red and green sprinklesprankles :lick:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
5 billion and 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSh3X7wioDY

Did the arrow cancel for you Mr detective <3
You commented on the vid saying that it's impossilbe to do, were you joking or is it actually really hard? I haven't tried it so I don't know.

If it actually is hard, I have a crazy idea to throw out there that's probably relaly stupid.

I was thinking maybe you could set the control pad to special (or at least one or two of the directions if you wanna keep some taunst, but no one taunts anyway, they just do flashy AT stuff or pivot walk). The reason I say this is because with AT's like this, were there is strict itming where you must press special when you're not touching the control stick, using the control pad will force you to take your hand off the stick, so once you get accustomed to the timing there will pretty much never be any danger of pressing the control stick at the wrong time etc.

I know it's probably a bad idea but just throwing it out there.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
You commented on the vid saying that it's impossilbe to do, were you joking or is it actually really hard? I haven't tried it so I don't know.

If it actually is hard, I have a crazy idea to throw out there that's probably relaly stupid.

I was thinking maybe you could set the control pad to special (or at least one or two of the directions if you wanna keep some taunst, but no one taunts anyway, they just do flashy AT stuff or pivot walk). The reason I say this is because with AT's like this, were there is strict itming where you must press special when you're not touching the control stick, using the control pad will force you to take your hand off the stick, so once you get accustomed to the timing there will pretty much never be any danger of pressing the control stick at the wrong time etc.

I know it's probably a bad idea but just throwing it out there.
not at all any and all ideas are accpetd and gone over to see if there good or not keep pitching yo

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
XD nice stuff Hyro. We've finally got it on video. I love it how everyone's like, "How do you do it?" even though I wrote all about how to do it ages ago and anyone could have simply looked it up in this thread.
Anyway, I'm so adding that vid to the vids section. Cheers mate.

@Dre: I don't have any trouble with this sorta stuff because I use different controls alltogether, so I wouldn't be able to help you with the gamecube control setup. Although I'm sure that someone else will help you there.

(Off to go add the vid)

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know where I can see toon links hit boxes? a lot of the other characters already have vids for it so i figured we should too.

Hyro

Smash Lord
SMS Battle Christ's Arrow Trick (SMS BCAT)
How to Perform: Similar to the BCAT, only harder still. SH, Do any move you wish that can be Quickdrawed (most useful if used with a Bair), then when you're so close to the ground that if you waited a split second longer it would be a normal arrow, Lightly Tilt Backwards B, then Instantly Hit Forwards.
Effect: Toon will SH, Bair, then Quickdraw except, while Toon will stay facing the same way, the arrow will go Backwards in the opposite direction Toon is facing.
Note: Very strange stuff. As I said, this works best with Bair as it means you can Bair, shoot them with a Quickdraw and go straight back into another Bair because you will stay facing the same way and shoot backwards. This tech is still quite new, so not all uses for it are yet known.
Stages: All
Usefulness: 10/10
Credit: Fox Is Openly Deceptive
Couple things,

1. Why is it called SMS Bcat?? A special momentum shift is the opposite of wavebounce, where you go in one direction, shift momentum to the opposite direction while still facing (and shooting an arrow) in the first direction.

In this tech, there aren't any special momentum shifts. It's simply BCATing...but a reverse BCAT since your only turning around on a reverse arrow cancel. Just reading SMS BCAT makes me thing of the wrong buttons that I would be pressing to do this tech.

2. How did uh you get credit for this lol? Wouldn't it be battlechrist getting credit for it??

Other things,

I was watching my old replays and I found out more crazy new techs:

Dair wind cancelled dsmash, when you're having a TL ditto, if you dsmash a tl right when he dairs by the edge, you'll hit with the first hit then you'll fly off stage from the wind, the second hit won't hit and he'll go flying (lol)

Ike's jab cancelled dsmash, when you're fighting an Ike, if you dsmash him and he jabs you at the same time, only the first hit will hit and he'll go flying (lol again)

...so basically anything can cancel a dsmash...

oh and I noticed a snake powersheild my arrow and it came flying back at me...but it didn't do damage or anything

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Couple things,

1. Why is it called SMS Bcat?? A special momentum shift is the opposite of wavebounce, where you go in one direction, shift momentum to the opposite direction while still facing (and shooting an arrow) in the first direction.

In this tech, there aren't any special momentum shifts. It's simply BCATing...but a reverse BCAT since your only turning around on a reverse arrow cancel. Just reading SMS BCAT makes me thing of the wrong buttons that I would be pressing to do this tech.

2. How did uh you get credit for this lol? Wouldn't it be battlechrist getting credit for it??

Other things,

Dair wind cancelled dsmash, when you're having a TL ditto, if you dsmash a tl right when he dairs by the edge, you'll hit with the first hit then you'll fly off stage from the wind, the second hit won't hit and he'll go flying (lol)

Ike's jab cancelled dsmash, when you're fighting an Ike, if you dsmash him and he jabs you at the same time, only the first hit will hit and he'll go flying (lol again)

oh and I noticed a snake powersheild my arrow and it came flying back at me...but it didn't do damage or anything
(rubs mustache) yes yes our little hyro is finding out lots of things now isnt he

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Couple things,

I called it a SMS BCAT because the controls are the same. If you think of the BCAT as a perfectly timed B-reversed Quickdraw, then what happens here is a perfectly timed SMS Quickdraw. I can see where you're coming from though, so I can change it if you're still sure it will confuse people. It's just what came to me at the time so no probs here.

Battlechrist found the original BCAT which is shooting an arrow in the same direction and making Toon turn around. I only gave myself credit because I was the one who found out how to make the arrow go in the opposite direction and make Toon stay facing the same way, which is different.

Other things,

This sounds really funny man. You can just imagine two Toons on a team catapulting themselves way out for the ultimate gimp

A similar thing happend to me, unfortunatelly I can't remember which attack it was, but I aggree that theoretically, most attacks from the opponent, if timed perfectly, should cancel the D-smash but make them still get hit. It'd be the timing that would be hard to re-create consistently. But it's all good to know, so thanks.

Aha. Yep I've heard of this happening. I'll just see if I can find the post..... Ok so I could't find it, that's quite dissapointing. But yeah, I have heard of this hapening. It has to do with powershielding in a certain way or something like that and it can be done to most projectiles. I'm just surprised that it happened at all cause it's a very rare occourence and because of this, people don't know why it happens exactly. Do you have a replay?
Answers are underlined in the quote.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Answers are underlined in the quote.
Yeah you should definitely change the name of it. Even if the buttons are the same, it's a completely different thing.

As for the credit thing...it's totally not a new tech. You can't think of this as one tech, because it's two. You're not "reverse BCATing". You are doing a plain old "REVERSE QD" then you're pressing back afterwards so that Toon Link turns around, AKA the normal BCAT. Combining the makes no difference. If anything, it's a reverse BCAT.

All the other dsmash stuff was completely sarcastic (but true).

And no, I meant to save the replay but as I started a bad habit of watching them and deleting them...and accidentally got rid of it.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hey hyro, that reverse bcat wtv wtv BS in the vid you just posted. Why do you say its useless? Ive always considered mastering it, but never felt like investing time, but now that it seems you've got it down, why shouldnt we do it?

We can start off with a bair right after arrow cancel.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@Hyro: Ok so I'll change the name from SMS BCAT to Reverse BCAT, that's fair enough, but I still see it as a new tech. It's like, the complete opposite of a BCAT. Why would I say that Battlechrist gets the credit for something he has never even done? Let alone found. I'd sooner leave the credit blank then say that battlechrist discovered it (nothing against him of course), it just doesn't make any sense. I know that you don't seem to like me putting my name down for things, and to some extent, I've already left it out many times (you'd be surprised, I'm not kidding). But I genuinely was the first one to do this and tell everyone how it's done. That said, I'd like nothing more then to have your approval of this thread, being arguably the most technical Toon out there. I'm sure we can come to some sort of an agreement about this, just talk to me, we'll work it out.

@Jerm: From what I remember, the main reason he says it's not worth it is because you can just reverse quickdraw and then RAR a Bair for basically the same effect. Not the same style or amount of flashiness, but basically the same effect. All the same, if you can do it consistently and there's no chance of you stuffing it up, it would be slightly quicker, so potentially more beneficial. Talk it over though, I'd be interested to see where this goes.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
@Hyro: Ok so I'll change the name from SMS BCAT to Reverse BCAT, that's fair enough, but I still see it as a new tech. It's like, the complete opposite of a BCAT. Why would I say that Battlechrist gets the credit for something he has never even done? Let alone found. I'd sooner leave the credit blank then say that battlechrist discovered it (nothing against him of course), it just doesn't make any sense. I know that you don't seem to like me putting my name down for things, and to some extent, I've already left it out many times (you'd be surprised, I'm not kidding). But I genuinely was the first one to do this and tell everyone how it's done. That said, I'd like nothing more then to have your approval of this thread, being arguably the most technical Toon out there. I'm sure we can come to some sort of an agreement about this, just talk to me, we'll work it out.

@Jerm: From what I remember, the main reason he says it's not worth it is because you can just reverse quickdraw and then RAR a Bair for basically the same effect. Not the same style or amount of flashiness, but basically the same effect. All the same, if you can do it consistently and there's no chance of you stuffing it up, it would be slightly quicker, so potentially more beneficial. Talk it over though, I'd be interested to see where this goes.
I think I kinda get where Hyro is coming from.

A reverse quickdraw is pretty much just b-reversing a quickdraw, but b-reversing is universal to all neutral b moves, so a reverse quickdraw is not really a new tech, it's just b-reversing an old one.

The same thing applies for the BCAT, you're just applying a universal AT, the b-reversal, to a BCAT.

It's kinda like saying b-reversing an attack out of an RAR is a new tech, when in reality it's just-reversing an old technique.

Hyro if I'm wrong let me know.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I think I kinda get where Hyro is coming from.

A reverse quickdraw is pretty much just b-reversing a quickdraw, but b-reversing is universal to all neutral b moves, so a reverse quickdraw is not really a new tech, it's just b-reversing an old one.

The same thing applies for the BCAT, you're just applying a universal AT, the b-reversal, to a BCAT.

It's kinda like saying b-reversing an attack out of an RAR is a new tech, when in reality it's just-reversing an old technique.
This ^^^ lol

I don't have a problem with you putting your name down for anything, but this for example, when did you come up with this? Me and Lee have been reverse BCATing for a looong time (not thinking of it as a new tech) and...the first thing I can think of mentioning it (other than trying to show Jerm it at some hobo) is a caption I put on a pic in the TL results thread.

Jerm, like...before I could actually do this tech I would just BBQ, then run away and BBQ some more. I dunno, preference I guess. I BCAT a little more now since it is kinda fun haha

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hmm, I guess I'll master it. Cant you have doing stuff I dont know how to do.. even though you already can T_T.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok Dre, unfortunately, you are incorrect, so I'll just ignore that post for your sake.

Hyro, I'll give you credit for it seeing as you were doing it before I knew about it. I'll explain. When you wrote that thing down in the results thread, I honestly thought that you were just making things up and everyone was like, "Is that even possible?". So I then went to see if it was, and after realising that it in fact was possible, I presumed, apparently incorrectly, that I was the first one to make it work. I still see it as a different tech though so there's no chance of me pulling it down. As for the credit, I've always said that it doesn't matter to me and I stand by that. The question is, which one of you was in fact the first one to discover it? So should I put Hyro, Lee, or Hyro and Lee? (It's Leemartin right? I know your full name.)

Btw, thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is after all one of the things I asked for in the summary.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I dont think you should say anyone is the first to create the bcat. Im sure every TL has considered it being possible, just never invested the time. I know I tried for like 5 min a longgg time ago to master it.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yes, I know what your talking about. Hyro didnt discover that. Nobody really discovered it. After seeing battlechrist do it, im sure we all thought of the other possibilities.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
OMG!!! New AT guys. Lagless Zair!
How to Perform: SH, wait a bit, then at around the peak of your jump Hit Z.
Effect: Toon will SH, Zair then land with no lag!
Note: Can also be used out of a Full Hop. From my initial testing, it appears that this could be a new spacing tool.
Stages: All except Final Destination
Usefulness: 10/01
Credit: Demonictoonlink XD

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Foxy could you explain to me why I was incorrect?

I don't want to start an argument, I just failed to see were I went wrong and I like to learn from my mistakes.

The way I saw it, all neutral b moves can be b-reversed, it doesn't matter what the tech is, the fact you shoot an arrow means you must press neutral b at some point, which means it can be b-reversed. So essentially, you're just b-reversing a new tech., so I'm pretty sure when the BCAT was first discovered all the Toons who knew about it all would have known this could have been done.

Can someone pelase enlighten me as to how I am wrong? It may seen like an irrelevant point but I just want to see if I'm misunderstanding something here.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well I'm glad Hyro's happy.

Ok Dre. There are many things you need to know about this before you can understand it, but I'll try.
For the purpose of my explaination, I shall only use arrows, just keep in mind that it can be done with all B moves (Up, Down, Side) and that the controls for each are different.
Essentially, there are only two different types of reversals. You have the turn around B and the B-reversal. The turn around B is keeping the same mometum that you had and simply turning around and firing an arrow. I haven't actually included the turn around B in this list because I thought it was common knowledge, but if it was in this list, it would look something like this.
How to Perform: Jump in any direction, Tap the joystick Backwards, Hit B.
Effect jumping forwards: Toon will jump forwards, continue going forwards turn around and shoot an arrow back.
Effect jumping backwards: Toon will jump backwards, continue going backwards turn around and shoot an arrow.

The other type of reversal is of course the B-reversal. This is where you jump in any direction, Hit B then Instantly hit Backwards. The effect is you will jump, reverse your momentum and the way you are facing and shoot an arrow.

The SMS, if you will, is not something new altogether. It is simply a combination of the above two techs which then gives a completely new effect and use. You jump in any direction, lightly tilt Backwards B then Instantly Hit forwards. The effect, Toon will reverse his momentum but not the direction he is facing and shoot an arrow. In fact, as I have said before, Toon does in fact change the way he is facing only he does it twice realy quickly. By combining the two techs, we have a new tech with new uses and possibilities.

I'm hoping that you knew all of that, but I had to make sure. If you still don't get it, then read through it again slowly and also check out what I've already written in the OP.

So the BCAT can be thought of as a B-reversal Quickdraw that is timed at the right time. The right time being as close to the ground as possible. You jump, and right as you're about to touch the ground, you Hit B then Instantly hit Backwards (notice that it's the same controls only timed differently). What will happen is, Toon will quickdraw, but because of the B-reversal at the last split second, only Toon will turn around and the arrow will continue going in the same direction. And because it is a quickdraw, there is no momentum change because generaly speaking, Toon doesn't slide when shooting grounded arrows.

With The Reverse BCAT, you can think of it as a SMS Quickdraw that is timed perfectly. You jump, and right as you're about to touch the ground, you lightly tilt Backwards B then Instantly hit Forwards (again, you can see how it's the same controls). The effect is again quite different, instead of Toon turning around and the arrow going in the same direction, Toon stays facing the same way (just like the SMS) and the arrow goes backwards. This is a new tech with new uses and new possibilities.

So what you where missing is that there are two different types of reversals. So when you said that it's just B-reversing the BCAT, this was far from corrrect, as they both contain a B-reversal (in a sense), the only thing that is being added is the turn around B just before the B-reversal which is the SMS. And when you said that when the BCAT was discovered that all Toon's must have known this variation could be done, the fact is they didn't. Even if some of them thought, well it might be possible, no-one on record has ever said it can be done, there are no videos showing it being done and from what I remember, even in the original thread written by battlechrist himself, he never mentioned being able to do this.

It doesn't matter anymore anyway, I'm just trying to explain this to you so you understand. Btw, this is why I said I'd just ignore your post, so I could avoid posting something this long. But I hope you understand now the difference between the two and what sepperates them, because I'm not explaining again XD.

Nah you're ok, I hope this helped man.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Foxy I do understand where you're coming from, but I still think my general point still stands- you're just applying a tech universal to all b moves to a quickdraw. Anyway, we'll leave it at that, it's an irrelevant point anyway.

You said you have different controls which make stuff like this easier, what are they?

Also, I've been considering going to a tourney in Sydney for a while now, and I've been on and off considering maining Toon for a few months now, I was just wondering if you have any vids up? I wanna see what the Toon Link standard is in NSW lol.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna threaten your spot as the top Toon main in NSW, I'm a pretty weak player, and my Toon is absolutely terrible so you've got nothing to worry about lol.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Well I'm glad Hyro's happy.

Ok Dre. There are many things you need to know about this before you can understand it, but I'll try.
For the purpose of my explaination, I shall only use arrows, just keep in mind that it can be done with all B moves (Up, Down, Side) and that the controls for each are different.
Essentially, there are only two different types of reversals. You have the turn around B and the B-reversal. The turn around B is keeping the same mometum that you had and simply turning around and firing an arrow. I haven't actually included the turn around B in this list because I thought it was common knowledge, but if it was in this list, it would look something like this.
How to Perform: Jump in any direction, Tap the joystick Backwards, Hit B.
Effect jumping forwards: Toon will jump forwards, continue going forwards turn around and shoot an arrow back.
Effect jumping backwards: Toon will jump backwards, continue going backwards turn around and shoot an arrow.

The other type of reversal is of course the B-reversal. This is where you jump in any direction, Hit B then Instantly hit Backwards. The effect is you will jump, reverse your momentum and the way you are facing and shoot an arrow.

The SMS, if you will, is not something new altogether. It is simply a combination of the above two techs which then gives a completely new effect and use. You jump in any direction, lightly tilt Backwards B then Instantly Hit forwards. The effect, Toon will reverse his momentum but not the direction he is facing and shoot an arrow. In fact, as I have said before, Toon does in fact change the way he is facing only he does it twice realy quickly. By combining the two techs, we have a new tech with new uses and possibilities.

I'm hoping that you knew all of that, but I had to make sure. If you still don't get it, then read through it again slowly and also check out what I've already written in the OP.

So the BCAT can be thought of as a B-reversal Quickdraw that is timed at the right time. The right time being as close to the ground as possible. You jump, and right as you're about to touch the ground, you Hit B then Instantly hit Backwards (notice that it's the same controls only timed differently). What will happen is, Toon will quickdraw, but because of the B-reversal at the last split second, only Toon will turn around and the arrow will continue going in the same direction. And because it is a quickdraw, there is no momentum change because generaly speaking, Toon doesn't slide when shooting grounded arrows.

With The Reverse BCAT, you can think of it as a SMS Quickdraw that is timed perfectly. You jump, and right as you're about to touch the ground, you lightly tilt Backwards B then Instantly hit Forwards (again, you can see how it's the same controls). The effect is again quite different, instead of Toon turning around and the arrow going in the same direction, Toon stays facing the same way (just like the SMS) and the arrow goes backwards. This is a new tech with new uses and new possibilities.

So what you where missing is that there are two different types of reversals. So when you said that it's just B-reversing the BCAT, this was far from corrrect, as they both contain a B-reversal (in a sense), the only thing that is being added is the turn around B just before the B-reversal which is the SMS. And when you said that when the BCAT was discovered that all Toon's must have known this variation could be done, the fact is they didn't. Even if some of them thought, well it might be possible, no-one on record has ever said it can be done, there are no videos showing it being done and from what I remember, even in the original thread written by battlechrist himself, he never mentioned being able to do this.

It doesn't matter anymore anyway, I'm just trying to explain this to you so you understand. Btw, this is why I said I'd just ignore your post, so I could avoid posting something this long. But I hope you understand now the difference between the two and what sepperates them, because I'm not explaining again XD.

Nah you're ok, I hope this helped man.
Ok, first off read the bold. In the first paragraph, you explained what a B-Reversal is. Then in the bolded paragraph, you said this other thing is ALSO known as a B-Reversal. Pretty sure it's not, and it's actually called a "Wavebounce".

In the next paragraph, you talk about SMS. You say you jump, do a B-Reversal, then wavebounce it. That's true. You could also just jump backwards (rar) then wavebounce, and it'll be an SMS, just easier since you wouldn't have to input more than one control stick direction.

In my mind, it would confuse the HELL outta me to try and relate the SMS to the "jerk" (if you will lol). The reason is, if you can buffer the BBQ, you literally do not have do the SMS timing where you lightly hit back and b then tap it forwards.

And an SMS has options...so if you rar'ed instead it'd be nothing like the "jerk". It's just two different techs all together. The way I do it, the timing is also completely different for those two techs. And obviously the way I do works more consistently.

So anyone wondering how to jerk (lol), First, BBQ. No don't RQS, I don't know wtf kinda name that is but it sucks. So yeah, BBQ (Bair Backwards Quickdraw). By the time you hit the ground, you shouldn't have to press anything. Yes, that means you baired, and buffered a reverse QD. Then, when you pop your arrow off, press the opposite direction of whichever way you shot your arrow. If you try to time the reverse QD and BCAT all at once, you're most likely to mess up. Whenever you completely lose the timing for this, start from scratch. Focus on getting your BBQ off first, then pressing back at the end of it.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Dre: About the whole Reverse BCAT, if you still don't get it, then we'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that. The whole topic is boring and I think I've covered everything I wanted to say about it.
The different controls are the Wiimote and nunchuck controls XD. But don't take that too seriously, that's a whole other argument right there as to which controler is best.
About the tournies, just head over to the Australian section (found here) to find all the tounaments that are happening, but I think we're done for the year, so yeah.
As for vids of myself, lol, yeah I don't have vids of myself up because I don't have a capture card and I'm the first to admit I'm not that good. Corpse has some vids up of himself and he's the best Toon in Aus, so check that out.
Hope this helped.

@Hyro: Yeah there has always been a bit of confusion about what those things are named. I've heard it said both ways, but if you're sure about it, it's as simple as me quickly going through and replacing the names of things. So please let me know for sure and I'll fix it.
It is true that you can just RAR then wavebounce (gotta get used to that XD) to get the same effect as the SMS, but you can't RAR in mid air, so that only works if you plan on doing it straight away. I'm pretty sure I've got it mentioned somewhere the RAR way anyway, but thanks for letting me know all the same. (Maybe I can also mention it in the note.)
(Oh yeah, the whole RQS thing, I had to change it at the request of Jash. So talk to him XD, I still like BBQ.) As for the alternate way of performing it, I love it! Buffer the reverse quickdraw, of course. (I'll quickly test it later) It sounds so much easier as well, especially for the timing and the amount of imputs. I'm definitely changing that. Cheers man.
Ok so I gotta go now. Just give me the go ahead about the whole wavebounce thing and I'll go right ahead and fix it. Then hopefully you would have replyed before I get back on and I can just update that and the Reverse BCAT at the same time. Oh and talk to Jash for me, see if you can convinve him to put it back to BBQ XD.
Catcha!

Is it known that you can escape a fast Dair if you Dair in the bubble at the top of the screen?

You can UpB out of it, and if you didn't use up your jumps already, you can actually recover from it.

Vid please. I kind of get what your saying but the rest of us might not. Glad I stopped playing wind waker though...sounds interesting
I thought it would've been common knowledge, but I think it's been overlooked.

When you do a slow dair, the dair ends.
When you do a fast dair, the dair ends too, but you go so fast that you either hit the stage or fall to your doom.

But if you dair from really really high (the bubble at the top of the screen), you can pull off an UpB around the bottom of the screen.

If you used up your jumps, it's useless, but if you were to get hit vertically, but live, you can dair and DJ to UpB and you'll live.

Make a custom stage that's really tall and you'll see it.

MJG

Smash Hero

When you do a fast dair, the dair ends too, but you go so fast that you either hit the stage or fall to your doom.

But if you dair from really really high (the bubble at the top of the screen), you can pull off an UpB around the bottom of the screen.

If you used up your jumps, it's useless, but if you were to get hit vertically, but live, you can dair and DJ to UpB and you'll live.

Oh the TOP of the screen

Nvm...lol I read this wrong...im sooo tired >_>

Hyro

Smash Lord

Yeah, not overlooked, just most of the time you're never high enough. The funnest way to play with this is in that Links training grounds. Go to the top platform, full hop, double jump, then dair. The dair will cancel RIGHT before you hit the ground and you can attack laglessly. Like utlit or something XD.

and pretty sure Fox. but lolwut, what did jash say?? 0.o

Top Bottom