• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Let's think a second.
Earthbound was the only game in the series to get a outside-japan release. That is noteable. I've read somewhere that Earthbound will be released on Virtual Console soon. That means it is the first game in the series to be released world-wide. Would'nt Sakurai be insane not to notice this?
Soon Ness will be the worldwide mascot for Mother/Earthbound. This is a good point for Ness' return.
Sorry for the gaps, ignore them please.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
ok ok ok

mmmm

ok
Roy was a port from a japan release only of fire emblem.. right???
and his chance of returning to brawl are about as good as the war in iraq ending...

and isnt lucas a port chrachter from a japan"only" release of mother3..right

idk im just typing cause i have fingers,but roy=ness...ike=lucas see where im trying to go....(cause i dont)

and illl leave it at that.... just puttin my 1 and ahalf SENSE in
Fire Emblem has over 10 games....why are you comparing it with a small series like Mother???

vesperview

Smash Hero
bueno pues no queria empesar a discutir
pero es k acabe mi tarea... y no tengo nada k hacer
pero te hice pensar no?...probablemente no ^_^

understood?
"Voy a hablar español por que creo que nadie me va a entender:psycho:"

If you don't have any good points to make, please don't intervene with the argument, plus, there isn't anymore to argue here, you people are reaching out for the weakest arguments to support Ness, he has the odds against him is he has any left that is.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Yeah, Moveset formula, nice way of covering up "Luigified" I'm not trolling, why don't you prove how Ness is more important to the Mother series than Lucas? Oh wait! You can't!
Once again your putting words in my mouth, I never said Ness was more important than Lucas, I believe they both will be in.:laugh:

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord

If you don't have any good points to make, please don't intervene with the argument, plus, there isn't anymore to argue here, you people are reaching out for the weakest arguments to support Ness, he has the odds against him.
well besides the fact that this is a support thread... youre right.. we are all in denial

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I just realised that if Ness isn't in then neither will Marth. Ness is the mascot of his series. As is Marth. If Ness is being replaced by the so-called 'update' to his character then the same will go for Marth with Ike.
NESS AND MARTH 4 BRAWL, SCREW NEWCOMERS!

vesperview

Smash Hero
I just realised that if Ness isn't in then neither will Marth. Ness is the mascot of his series. As is Marth. If Ness is being replaced by the so-called 'update' to his character then the same will go for Marth with Ike.
NESS AND MARTH 4 BRAWL, SCREW NEWCOMERS!
Ness isn't the mascot of the series, he's not even close, where are you getting your info?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, Moveset formula, nice way of covering up "Luigified" I'm not trolling, why don't you prove how Ness is more important to the Mother series than Lucas? Oh wait! You can't!
That's true. Come to think of it, shouldn't Giygas get in since he's more important than all the characters in the series except George and Maria (Mary?)?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Ness is the star of the only Earthbound game to be released world-wide. Lucas hides in Japan scared of the big boys in the playground.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Ness is not the mascot of the series! from where did you get that?
there is no mascot in the series as long as I know, and if there is one, is Ninten, or Mr. Saturn.
and gygas is not that important, you can compare him to Pokey (Porky), and Pokey is not as important.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, Nintendo is being a bully by not letting him leave Japan. Lucas has tried standing up to it but, Mario, its bodyguard keeps kicking his ***.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you haven't played Mother 3 right?
Im sure mother 3 was this great and amazing game... to bad it only came out in japan... and if im not mistaken Smash is played by more than just japan, unless Ive had 2 games that aren't smash.. and are some other awesome game.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I love Mother 3 to death, arguably more than Earthbound, so it won't be a total disaster if Lucas really is a replacement for Ness, especially when Lucas has a far more fleshed out background... But if there's any chance for Ness to come back, I'm all for it. Ness (kind of) represents the storyline of Mother and Mother 2. While Ness obviously isn't in the original Mother, Ninten is more or less a prototype for Ness, and Giygas is the main villain of both.

Seeing as there's only three Mother games, and it's fairly unlikely they'll be any more, I think it's vital for Brawl to cover as much as the series as possible, rather than just focusing on Mother 3 and ignoring the rest.

Sign me up. 8D

vesperview

Smash Hero
Im sure mother 3 was this great and amazing game... to bad it only came out in japan... and if im not mistaken Smash is played by more than just japan, unless Ive had 2 games that aren't smash.. and are some other awesome game.
And that should matter because? Lucas's inclusion could mean a Mother 3 release in America, Marth and Roy were completely unknown to America before Smash but Fire Emblem was huge in Japan, proving that popularity in Japan matters most, tell me, if Sakurai cares so much about keeping Mother 2 and Ness alive in the Smash series, why didn't the game get more representation in Melee?

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
except that Ness is not the face of Mother 1, Ninten is, they to and identical, but that doesnt make Ninten the prototupe for Ness.
... Have you actually played both Mother 1 & 2? Because both back stories for Ninten and Ness only have minute differences, with the only real difference being that Earthbound has a whole bunch of psychological themes about Ness.

Ninten isn't a literal prototype for Ness, but he, along with most of Mother 1, is basically just a simpler NES version of Earthbound with a slightly different story.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And that should matter because? Lucas's inclusion could mean a Mother 3 release in America, Marth and Roy were completely unknown to America before Smash but Fire Emblem was huge in Japan, proving that popularity in Japan matters most, tell me, if Sakurai cares so much about keeping Mother 2 and Ness alive in the Smash series, why didn't the game get more representation in Melee?
Well, Ness killed Poo and killed and ***** Paula after forcing them to teach him their PSI. Jeff was too scared to get in since he saw what he did to Paula and Poo.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I feel like im feeding the biggest troll ever.

Ok your putting words in my mouth again.. for like the 5th time.. I never said Sakurai cared alot about Mother 2 or Ness, and to answer your question Mother 2 got tons of Trophies in melee, and time limits clearly was the reason for less representation in many series (DK, Metroid...) and also the reason for clones. ;)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I feel like im feeding the biggest troll ever.

Ok your putting words in my mouth again.. for like the 5th time.. I never said Sakurai cared alot about Mother 2 or Ness, and to answer your question Mother 2 got tons of Trophies in melee, and time limits clearly was the reason for less representation in many series (DK, Metroid...) and also the reason for clones. ;)
"I'll say he's putting words into my mouth cause I don't have anything good to say"

Yeah adding Paula as a clone of Ness with a frying pan instead of a bat, would've been WAY too hard[/sarcasm] please, refrain from calling me troll just to cover up your bad logic and how ironic for you to call me troll when you've been trolling the Wolf thread since two days ago.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
"I'll say he's putting words into my mouth cause I don't have anything good to say"

Yeah adding Paula as a clone of Ness with a frying pan instead of a bat, would've been WAY too hard[/sarcasm] please, refrain from calling me troll just to cover up your bad logic and how ironic for you to call me troll when you've been trolling the Wolf thread since two days ago.
*Feeds Troll*

and.. diddy kong as a faster DK, Birdo as a lighter Yoshi.. etc..etc.. There could have been many clones in melee but lets move on from melee since this is brawl. Whether Ness is in or not can not be proven so just cause you think a few things would deconfirm him doesnt mean they automatically do.

and I do not troll the wolf thread, I think wolf would be a clone or AT, its my opinion, if the wolf fans have a problem with my opinion I will tell them why I think the way I do about wolf. That isn't trolling.

You come in here and saw Ness is out cause he has lucas moves, then you go into other things... Technically this is not even a "DO u think NESZ is in thread", its a Ness support thread, Make a Anti-Ness thread if you do not support him.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
what i just don't seem to get is why sakurai would favor ONLY MOTHER 3, why can't we just keep Ness (maybe even change him) That would be like taking only the series newest game and using things from only that......(which sure as hell isn't the case with metroid)

vesperview

Smash Hero
*Feeds Troll*

and.. diddy kong as a faster DK, Birdo as a lighter Yoshi.. etc..etc.. There could have been many clones in melee but lets move on from melee since this is brawl. Whether Ness is in or not can not be proven so just cause you think a few things would deconfirm him doesnt mean they automatically do.

and I do not troll the wolf thread, I think wolf would be a clone or AT, its my opinion, if the wolf fans have a problem with my opinion I will tell them why I think the way I do about wolf. That isn't trolling.

You come in here and saw Ness is out cause he has lucas moves, then you go into other things... Technically this is not even a "DO u think NESZ is in thread", its a Ness support thread, Make a Anti-Ness thread if you do not support him.
Oh, yeah going to the Wolf thread to say Sakurai will be very nice to his fans by making him a sticker is SO not trolling[/sarcasm] notice how I said Paula because all of Ness's moves are hers and she can equip a yoyo, it's a clone that made complete sense, I'm done with you, you just bring up biased crap to argue my facts, you're a one sided loser who lost this argument 5 pages ago, GTFO!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
what i just don't seem to get is why sakurai would favor ONLY MOTHER 3, why can't we just keep Ness (maybe even change him) That would be like taking only the series newest game and using things from only that......(which sure as hell isn't the case with metroid)
I think Sakurai had something to do with Mother 3, im not sure though.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Oh, yeah going to the Wolf thread to say Sakurai will be very nice to his fans by making him a sticker is SO not trolling[/sarcasm] notice how I said Paula because all of Ness's moves are hers and she can equip a yoyo, it's a clone that made complete sense, I'm done with you, you just bring up biased crap to argue my facts, you're a one sided loser who lost this argument 5 pages ago.
5 pages later you still have yet to prove with actual facts that Ness is out. I may have "lost" but you certainly did not win.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
The rebuttle

If you don't have any good points to make, please don't intervene with the argument, plus, there isn't anymore to argue here, you people are reaching out for the weakest arguments to support Ness, he has the odds against him is he has any left that is.

Well, we'll just have to strengthen those arguments. *pulls out list* Here we go:
1.When you say that SSBB is focusing on the most recent games of a series, you are sadly wrong. Did you notice the the castle siege stage was created to encorporate ALL of the fire emblem games, when it clearly could have been aimed towards the most recent. The same applies to Mother. In SSBM all the mother levels were straight out of Earthbound, but in Brawl, I believe Sakurai will bring in characters from all three games. I think this because of the update on the franklin badge, where Sakurai clearly states that there is nothing wrong with having MOTHER not MOTHER3 on the badge. This means it will use all of the series, much how SSBM used Marth AND Roy, clearly from different games, years apart together to represent the series. By the way, in Earthbound Ness is the one who uses badges for protection. This cannot be a coincidence.
2."Could he surpass Ness?" If you scroll through the updates, you will notice it is customary of Sakurai to end an update with a question. Such a one is found at the end of the deedeedee update:"Can he defeat Kirby?" This obviously does not mean Kirby got the ax, so why should it mean Ness is gone?
3.Why would they get rid of him? How I see it, there is no point, seeing as you would already have something to begin with and another character to bolster the numbers of the full roster. Sure, they can make subtle changes to him like adding PK rockin or Love as a final smash and perhaps some other move changes to distinguish him from Lucas. I mean, it's not like they haven't done it before (Ness never used to speak in Earthbound).
4.I have some other points, but they've already been made; forget them.
In short: I dont see a reason for his removal.

PS: sorry for the long post.
PEaCe oUt

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well, we'll just have to strengthen those arguments. *pulls out list* Here we go:
1.When you say that SSBB is focusing on the most recent games of a series, you are sadly wrong. Did you notice the the castle siege stage was created to encorporate ALL of the fire emblem games, when it clearly could have been aimed towards the most recent. The same applies to Mother. In SSBM all the mother levels were straight out of Earthbound, but in Brawl, I believe Sakurai will bring in characters from all three games. I think this because of the update on the franklin badge, where Sakurai clearly states that there is nothing wrong with having MOTHER not MOTHER3 on the badge. This means it will use all of the series, much how SSBM used Marth AND Roy, clearly from different games, years apart together to represent the series. By the way, in Earthbound Ness is the one who uses badges for protection. This cannot be a coincidence.
I never said all games were focusing on their most recent installment only, certainly Zelda and Mother have so far, which is exactly the series we are arguing here, and the franklin badge is a terrible example it appears in ALL Mother games, I don't see how you can use it as an argument, since it doesn't mean Ness is returning nor that Ninten is being included.

2."Could he surpass Ness?" If you scroll through the updates, you will notice it is customary of Sakurai to end an update with a question. Such a one is found at the end of the deedeedee update:"Can he defeat Kirby?" This obviously does not mean Kirby got the ax, so why should it mean Ness is gone?
Why should it mean he is returning? I never said that quote meant they were cutting him but it certainly doesn't mean he is returning and comparing Ness and Lucas to Kirby and Dedede makes absolutely NO sense.

3. How I see it, there is no point,
That happens to be your particular abnormality.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
jsut stop arguing and well will seee who has the last laugh when brawl comes out,,,neither of you can prove ness OFFICIALLY in or OFFICIALY out
Which brings me back to my point, I am not trying to prove Ness is back, I am only disclaiming points that will prove hes out.

I have hope Ness will be back but ultimately I do not know he will... Vesp believes he won't come back and is trying to use things to prove something that can not be proven unless sakurai himself says it.

Top Bottom