• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I know how Paula died!:
(Ness with a video camera)
Ness: I will make Paula teach me her PSI, it will be easy, I know her wickness (Ness shows a really nice, new frying pan with a red bow at the camera)

the next morning...

Guy in the News: The body of a girl in a pink dress was found dead in her house this morning, apparently she was beaten to dead with a frying pan.

Im so bad making jokes...atleast funny ones :p

NukeA6

Smash Master
The level of idiocy in this thread is amazing. The Ness supporters are easily worse than the Nook fanboys who were living in denial. Gosh, they even go as far as calling those that disagree: trolls.

If you cannot accept the fact that Ness is gone, you are close-minded and blind.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not even close. Here's what happened.

Ness: Listen, *****, and listen good! Teach me your PSI unless you want to die!
Paula: Okay, okay, I'll teach you.
*After teaching*

Ness: You know how I said I was going to let you live if you taught me PSI?
Paula: Yes, I remember.
Ness: Well, I LIED!
*Goes Jungle Cruise on Paula. Description is too graphic. Look under Ghost in the Shell episodes with the name Jungle Cruise if you want to know.*

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The level of idiocy in this thread is amazing. The Ness supporters are easily worse than the Nook fanboys who were living in denial. Gosh, they even go as far as calling those that disagree: trolls.

If you cannot accept the fact that Ness is gone, you are close-minded and blind.
Your right Ness is gone cause in that one update Sakurai said "Ness = Gone"... wait.. no he didn't...

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I think he will be in still, but his chances are slipping away. Although one thing that annoys me is that you peoples use the same argument. The "up until now" qoute is not an argument, but more of "interpretaton." Now somewhere, Sakurai did state he would bring in all of the characters and try his best to bring them back, but sacrifices had to be made. Now I don't have a lnk currently, but one thing will remain the same; We have no proof he is in or out, no pictures, all we have are the qoutes and anylasis on what we think. We'll have to wait & see when the game comes out.

Nosebleed101

Smash Rookie
Umm...

In spite of all this arguing, sign me up for a Ness supporter.

Although, I do agree, he probably won't be in Brawl, mainly because well, Sakurai showed Lucas first. It sounds like a stupid idea but think about it. All the newcomers were shown after their veterans were, except for those representing their series first (Snake, Sonic.)

Plus, Lucas pretty much has all of Ness' old moves, so... why would they switch up the veteran's moves when he was there first?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Your right Ness is gone cause in that one update Sakurai said "Ness = Gone"... wait.. no he didn't...
Lucas has all of Ness's B moves and his PK Freeze acts just like PK Flash. Sakurai even hinted that Ness was gone.

If you even played Mother 3, Lucas has allo of Ness's PSI and can even use bats and yoyos.

And why no Ninten? He has some different PSI moves. Why do think he never even made it as playable character? The same reason why you won't see Ness playable in Brawl.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
seriously the fact that Lucas was confirmed first doesn't mean to much, what about Luigi, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff? they havn't been confirm yet. there IS hope

NukeA6

Smash Master
seriously the fact that Lucas was confirmed first doesn't mean to much, what about Luigi, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff? they havn't been confirm yet. there IS hope
Being confirmed first means nothing. But when a character has the same moves as another that means something.

Ike has different B moves but shares Marth's counter. It's pretty obvious that he's not Marth's replacement.

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
NOTE!!!
This is not a discussion about Ness' chances of being back in Brawl. It's a place where Ness diehards make their last stand.
This will not be as fancy as the Marth Support Thread. So here's the idea:
Everyone who wants Ness to return shall leave their names here. I will update this as much as I can. I shall also do this on over forums such as NSider and IGN. Then at a selected date I will send the complete list to Nintendo and see if they reply.
Please only post here if you're supporting the idea and say if you want to be involved.
No trolls.
Also if someone could make a sig for this thread, (think like the Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. one).
Please Ness supporters participate. His fate could be in our hands.

«SUPPORTERS»
DekuBoy
Sorry, man, but if you post something of great importance like this, it's sure to be debated.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I can't believe people are STILL debating about this.

I'm so glad Ness is gone, I enjoy drinking the wine of victory as I laugh at the people in denial.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
I support Ness. Never played Mother 3, and don't have a way to until I become fluent in Japanese.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
This is just my point, only the people who haven't played Mother 3 want Ness back, too bad is almost all of the American population.
Or, you know, I grew up with Earthbound, and am attached to the game and it's characters because of that. I'd love to be pointed to a good translation walkthrough of Mother 3 though. Been wanting to play that since it was supposed to be on the 64.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
There is still the translation of Mother 3being done here:
http://mother3.fobby.net/
They are making good progress so far.

Until I've played the third game translated, I will NEVER support Claus or accept Lucas. Playing with a translation walkthrough will just kill the experience for me as I like to play a game without a guide.

And to anyone who says Ness has no personality: If people listened to the dialog in Magicant talking to yourself and after Ness's Nightmare or the coffee scenes, you would know. It may not compare to Lucas's character development or dialog, but Ness really shouldn't be classified as a pure silent protagonist.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
This is just my point, only the people who haven't played Mother 3 want Ness back, too bad is almost all of the American population.
Or maybe the Ness supportes just like Ness? That's just a theory though... We may never know...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I want ness back because I liked Ness in Melee, I don't see why playing Mother 3 will make me want Ness any less.

and before a troll complains, what I said was not anti-Lucas, I want Lucas in brawl.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I want ness back because I liked Ness in Melee, I don't see why playing Mother 3 will make me want Ness any less.

and before a troll complains, what I said was not anti-Lucas, I want Lucas in brawl.
Maybe you should play the game before opening your mouth? You're the only troll here BTW.

Or maybe the Ness supportes just like Ness? That's just a theory though... We may never know...
Could be, they're still only biased cause Ness was their main.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Maybe you should play the game before opening your mouth? You're the only troll here BTW.

Could be, they're still only biased cause Ness was their main.
Every time someone says they want Ness to comeback you insult them, then say either MOTHER 3, or SAME MOVeSET!!111!!

ok we get it.. you <3 Mother 3.. but still just because you think Mother 3 is great has nothing to do with someone else wanted Ness to come back in brawl.

you are the actual troll.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Every time someone says they want Ness to comeback you insult them, then say either MOTHER 3, or SAME MOVeSET!!111!!

ok we get it.. you <3 Mother 3.. but still just because you think Mother 3 is great has nothing to do with someone else wanted Ness to come back in brawl.

you are the actual troll.
So it's ok for you to troll the Wolf thread with biased opinions and misconceptions but when I argue with facts the unlikeliness of Ness's return, I'm the troll? GTFO!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
So it's ok for you to troll the Wolf thread with biased opinions and misconceptions but when I argue with facts the unlikeliness of Ness's return, I'm the troll? GTFO!
I don't troll the wolf thread, if you go into the wolf thread and say anything that doesn't keep wolf on a pedastol you are automatically flamed.

and for your information there are no true facts that say Ness is out 100%, so stop insulting people who have hope for Ness, just because you like to jump to conclusions.

*feeds*

vesperview

Smash Hero
I don't troll the wolf thread, if you go into the wolf thread and say anything that doesn't keep wolf on a pedastol you are automatically flamed.

and for your information there are no true facts that say Ness is out 100%, so stop insulting people who have hope for Ness, just because you like to jump to conclusions.
There's a difference between stating an opinion and immediately going into a thread stating how the character won't be in the game for no good reason other that your own bias, which is what you do in the Wolf thread, I'm just giving you the facts that make Ness unlikely not any facts that deconfirm him, even if it isn't 100% is maybe a 95%, that you can't argue any of them is clearly another issue, I'm not insulting everyone, I'm insulting your lack of logic and knowledge, not to mention your complete denial on the issue.

"I want Ness back cause he's awesome and was in Smash since the beginning:psycho:"

FAIL!

Pure troll behavior, disagreeing with you doesn't make me a troll, get it through your thick skull!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
There's a difference between stating an opinion and immediately going into a thread stating how the character won't be in the game for no good reason other that your own bias, which is what you do in the Wolf thread, I'm just giving you the facts that make Ness unlikely not any facts that deconfirm him, even if it isn't 100% is maybe a 95%, that you can't argue any of them is clearly another issue, I'm not insulting everyone, I'm insulting your lack of logic and knowledge, not to mention your complete denial on the issue.

"I want Ness back cause he's awesome and was in Smash since the beginning:psycho:"

FAIL!

Pure troll behavior, disagreeing with you doesn't make me a troll, get it through your thick skull!
I think Ness might come back, and although you will continue to insult me for hoping he comes back that still won't change his chances...I will no longer feed you in this thread.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think Ness might come back, and although you will continue to insult me for hoping he comes back that still won't change his chances...I will no longer feed you in this thread.
He's gone, sorry, no more Ness.

Ness was my Melee main, so I'm as sad as you are.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
Ness isn't confirmed to be out in the least. People just like to jump to conclusions. His chances are lower, but nothing's definite.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
oh sorry, if you had argued like 2 min more, you would had gone $100, 'couse you are in MTV Boiling Points YAY!!! (everybody in the thread starts clapping while you curse the camera)

seriously >_>, both you and vesper just looked rediculous there, you covered like what, 3 pages of this thread?, come on.
I think Ness is out, but not because of that I'm going to replay everytime someone says he's not deconfirmed (with exceptions). I know, this is a forum, and blablabla, but still, when you go to this point, it's kinda pathetic..and funny :p, keep doing it, it's good stuff.
Oviously you two have different opinions and ideas, and keep arguing with the other will not make the other change his/her opinion, but just hold to it more and more, believe me, I know.

now on topic, I liked Ness, I hope he gets in atleast as an AT, and atleast a trophy or sticker. Maybe a Lucas alt?, well that's only an opinion, do not flame Ness supporters, everybody has opinions.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
This should be good. I really hope you don't mean the mistranslated English version of the site. Link plz?
It wasn't mistranslated, you ****. It's been pretty clear that all the languages on each site say the exact same thing except for the Spanish and maybe (not sure about this one) the German site, which take it out. Other than that, all the other translations and the original Japanese say the exact same thing about Ness not being in the game anymore. Ask SamuraiPanda about the Japanese one because he knows exactly what it says, even saying in the past the Japanese one says the same thing as the English one.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Earthbound was one of my favorite games ever. I thought all the characters from that game were just awesome. Ness was especially my favorite. When I found out I could unlock Ness in SSB I worked forever just to unlock him. I was so happy when I finally did. I was even happier when I found out I didn't have to unlock him. I was one of the first people to suggest that Ness and Lucas could co-exist in Brawl, even before Lucas was updated. Even when Lucas was updated, I still thought that Ness would be in Brawl. So don't mistake me for a Ness hater.

The Lucas Special Moves update finally killed that hope. I read the words "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now" and I immediately realized that Ness was gone. All the other evidence suddenly stacked, Sakurai wanting to replace Ness in Melee, the similar moves(they are very similar and if you don't figure that out you are truly in denial). It is so obvious by now that Lucas has replaced Ness, and so what? Lucas carries on his spirit.

So why can't you accept that Ness is gone?

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Earthbound was one of my favorite games ever. I thought all the characters from that game were just awesome. Ness was especially my favorite. When I found out I could unlock Ness in SSB I worked forever just to unlock him. I was so happy when I finally did. I was even happier when I found out I didn't have to unlock him. I was one of the first people to suggest that Ness and Lucas could co-exist in Brawl, even before Lucas was updated. Even when Lucas was updated, I still thought that Ness would be in Brawl. So don't mistake me for a Ness hater.

The Lucas Special Moves update finally killed that hope. I read the words "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now" and I immediately realized that Ness was gone. All the other evidence suddenly stacked, Sakurai wanting to replace Ness in Melee, the similar moves(they are very similar and if you don't figure that out you are truly in denial). It is so obvious by now that Lucas has replaced Ness, and so what? Lucas carries on his spirit.

So why can't you accept that Ness is gone?
This describes how i felt perfectly. What bothers me its how lucas could have had a completley different set of moves but no he didn't. I they better add the mask man in brawl. The thought of only one Earthbound representative again is what bothers me the most.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well I don't think Sakurai would just completely forget about a 2-time veteran.
If he's just an alt costume for Lucas then... 'sigh'. I would miss the yo-yo, baseball bat, PK flash...
OMG MONDAY UPDATE NESS CONFIRMED!!!
positive thinking.

EPX2

Smash Ace
It wasn't mistranslated, you ****. It's been pretty clear that all the languages on each site say the exact same thing except for the Spanish and maybe (not sure about this one) the German site, which take it out. Other than that, all the other translations and the original Japanese say the exact same thing about Ness not being in the game anymore. Ask SamuraiPanda about the Japanese one because he knows exactly what it says, even saying in the past the Japanese one says the same thing as the English one.

Oh god... I'm guessing you missed the entire discussion about how "Until now" means absolutely nothing, as it's since been used in other updates to refer to elements still existent in Brawl. Case in point.

Top Bottom