• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Come on people, Ness way my main, I can accept that he's out. I'll probably just main Lucas, do I have to post a link to the update just to prove that he's gone.

Okay, I'll put it in plan English.

Until now means that it existed, until now.
I must say the Ness thread is like being stuck in a time warp... the same stuff is repeatedly debated over and over... yesterday the exact same things were said lol.

"That's the sign post up ahead, your next stop.. The Ness Support Thread Zone"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
wheres the love for the MOTHER series??? T_T
Stuck in Lucas and probably Claus. For some reason, I don't even want to main Lucas because of what's happened but I'll get over it eventually to the point I'll main him.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
So I guess combos activated by tapping the attack button repeatedly existed, until now when they are gone?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique02.html

NOTE: I am NOT saying Ness is coming back, I am pointing out the idiocy in using that argument as 100% proof he is gone. He may come back, he likely won't, but "Until Now" does NOT always mean "Ending Now"
No. Until now, tapping the attack button was the primary way, now, there are 2. Read better.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I made a moveset for him with no moves stolen...

B: PK Love
Side B: PK Flash
Down B: Counter
Up B: Messenger Pidgeon

Final Smash: Summon Drago

Laralala... he *DIDN'T* have to steal any moves. If I could make one Sakurai could've of.
PK Love wouldn't be a B move. It would be a Final Smash. Would PSI Rockin be any of Ness's B moves?

And why messenger pigeon? He's a PSI user, ya know.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
..Counter? Is GoodYear this much in denial? Sakurai said it himself Lucas replaced Ness. It was dumb, but done. I resisted the fact for 2 days, but I realized that Ness, would not be in Brawl.

finalark

SNORLAX
I've said this before, Ness is gone, he was my favorite character in the game, and I can accept that. So please stop trying to warp words into proving that he's back, he's gone. Lucas was originally going to replace him in melee, but Mother 3 was delayed. But now it's out in Japan therefor they have no reason not to replace Ness with Lucas.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I've said this before, Ness is gone, he was my favorite character in the game, and I can accept that. So please stop trying to warp words into proving that he's back, he's gone. Lucas was originally going to replace him in melee, but Mother 3 was delayed. But now it's out in Japan therefor they have no reason not to replace Ness with Lucas.
whoa whoa whoa

im not saying ness is back

im saying... and have said this before... WAIT TILL THE GAME COMES OUT
im a ness fan "NESS FAN" not mother, not earthbound NESS
im not anti-Lucas if your thinking that... he SEEMS to play the same so im not that bugged
i just like the way Ness looks....

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
This is a Ness support thread, so its a bit contradicting to be anti-ness in this thread. Also, Ness supporters stop feeding the trolls people, just let them jump to conclusions.

We will all know the truth eventually, I myself thought that someone could comprehend Ness not being all the way out, but I was wrong.

finalark

SNORLAX
whoa whoa whoa

im not saying ness is back

im saying... and have said this before... WAIT TILL THE GAME COMES OUT
im a ness fan "NESS FAN" not mother, not earthbound NESS
im not anti-Lucas if your thinking that... he SEEMS to play the same so im not that bugged
i just like the way Ness looks....
I wasn't bashing you, just those who can't accept the truth.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
..Counter? Is GoodYear this much in denial? Sakurai said it himself Lucas replaced Ness. It was dumb, but done. I resisted the fact for 2 days, but I realized that Ness, would not be in Brawl.

That WAS my idea for a Lucas moveset BEFORE they revealed it. Tenses exist for a reason, *******. And I'm not in "denial" look at my other posts in this thread.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People saying Ness couldn't get new moves are noobs. The only B-move he uses in smash that he uses in smash is PK Flash...maybe PK Fire. As for Lucas, he looks easy for noobs-TOO EASY! Like Link in Melee! XD As for Ness, give it up. I think Japan-only characters as PCs is retarted and overly biased by a man that doesn't give a s*** about anyone outside of Japan (no West-only, not even with ATs). Give up on Ness, he has a.1% chance of returning. If he does return good for smash (then the updates won't suck)!

finalark

SNORLAX
Don't judged Lucus until you have played him, and I don't know what you're talking about, Ness isn't in Brawl. And don't be so judgmental at the Japanese, one of my closest friends is Japanese and isn't like that at all.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
People saying Ness couldn't get new moves are noobs. The only B-move he uses in smash that he uses in Brawl is PK Flash...maybe PK Fire. As for Lucas, he looks easy for noobs-TOO EASY! Like Link in Melee! XD As for Ness, give it up. I thinj Japan-only characters as PCs is retarted and overly biased by a man that doesn't give a s*** about anyone outside of Japan (no West-only, not even with ATs). Give up on Ness, he has a.1% chance of returning. If he does return good for smash (then the updates won't suck)!
WTF is wrong with you?

1. PK Fire was not Ness'
2. HOW does he look easy for noobs?
3. So we should completely ignore all the great characters whose games didn't get released out of Japan... NO. Overly biased? Possibly 2 Japan only characters in a big roster seems very sensible to me. Why would they care about the american EB fanbase, when the game tanked here? It was a hit in Japan. Ness was included because of THEM. Now they mostly like Lucas better, so Lucas it is. Get over yourself.
4. Yeah... poor Ness.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

He didn't, so stop jumping to conclusions.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/lucas.html#2nd
where is proof of such MADNESS!!!!!!

other than that its BLASPHEMY

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now

Need more be said?
but what about the other people which take this as:

"how will we know, whos better if we cant play as both of them"

what do you say about that??

o and i have come to the conclusion that there will be more than 1 Mother/earthbound
charachter represented in brawl....whether it be Ness, an assist trophy, or a pokeball :)

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, that was on the site, you have no way of knowing. Too bad for you. If Ness does come back in anyway, it will ether be a trophy or a sticker.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
and you have no way of knowing that ness is 100% out.... you really dont
It's pretty obvious...I gave up hope the second they revealed Lucas.

There was this big thing back in the day that if Lucas appeared, Ness would be gone.

It's especially obvious now that Lucas' specials are revealed

vesperview

Smash Hero
Do people need everything so explicitly told to them in order for the to fully understand it? God, this is turning into the Gardevoir thread, "Oh, until Gardevoir's update is on the Dojo as a pokeball, she still has 0.0000000000001% chance of being in Brawl as a PC cause the demo isn't final :psycho:" Geez, does Sakurai really need to put a big sign over Lucas's profile saying "Ness is out, stop being in denial!"? Chances are he won't, so please take all the evidence you already have and move on with your life! Ness was my main, I loved the Earthbound game long before Smash, I had high hopes of him returning, the special moves made it clear enough, no need to keep poking a dead horse.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Try this little mental exercise.
Mention ANY yet-to-be-reconfirmed character who has appeared in a past smash bros game WITHOUT mentioning whether or not they are in Brawl.
I usually get results like:

"Luigi, a character who has appeared in the last two smash bros games."

"Ganondorf, who was playable in the last smash bros game"

"Captain Falcon, who appeared as a fighter in previous smash bros games."

"Ness, who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now"

Actually, that last one was Sakurai's, not mine. My point is that it seems pretty hard to mention a past character and only mention a past character without making it sound as if they aren't going to be in Brawl.

DededeDaimyo

Smash Rookie
I think it would be really cool if they brought Ness back, but in a totally new way. They should take the concept that Pokemon Trainer utilizes (switching between characters) and combine the Chosen Four into one playable character. The character leader would be Ness who would be the best all-around of the four and would have attacks actually based off of his in the EB game.(switch) Then Paula, who would have a moveset based around soley PK and magic attacks/ status healers.(switch) Then Jeff, who would have the weakest physical attack power but could use items unlike any other character (by modifying them, or possiby unlimited use).(switch) Then lastly Poo, who would specialize in hand to hand/ weapon combat.
...So! What do you think? Genious or what?

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think it would be really cool if they brought Ness back, but in a totally new way. They should take the concept that Pokemon Trainer utilizes (switching between characters) and combine the Chosen Four into one playable character. The character leader would be Ness who would be the best all-around of the four and would have attacks actually based off of his in the EB game.(switch) Then Paula, who would have a moveset based around soley PK and magic attacks/ status healers.(switch) Then Jeff, who would have the weakest physical attack power but could use items unlike any other character (by modifying them, or possiby unlimited use).(switch) Then lastly Poo, who would specialize in hand to hand/ weapon combat.
...So! What do you think? Genious or what?
Wishful thinking much? There's no way you'll get a team of Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo as playables at the same time.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry to say this guys but.....

Ness is dead,
The only support you can give him is life support.....

But you know what you have to do.... Pull the Plug

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Try this little mental exercise.
Mention ANY yet-to-be-reconfirmed character who has appeared in a past smash bros game WITHOUT mentioning whether or not they are in Brawl.
I usually get results like:

"Luigi, a character who has appeared in the last two smash bros games."

"Ganondorf, who was playable in the last smash bros game"

"Captain Falcon, who appeared as a fighter in previous smash bros games."

"Ness, who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now"

Actually, that last one was Sakurai's, not mine. My point is that it seems pretty hard to mention a past character and only mention a past character without making it sound as if they aren't going to be in Brawl.
When Pit was confirmed, Sakurai said Pit would "be kicking Captain Falcon's butt". That's pretty good leakage. Right on the site, too.

Luigi, is guaranteed a spot.

If Gannondorf doesn't get a spot, Bowser shouldn't.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
When Pit was confirmed, Sakurai said Pit would "be kicking Captain Falcon's butt". That's pretty good leakage. Right on the site, too.

Luigi, is guaranteed a spot.

If Gannondorf doesn't get a spot, Bowser shouldn't.
I don't see your point. Of course Ganondorf, Luigi, and Captain Falcon are getting in; that's why I used them as examples. My point was that if you mention a veteran character and DON'T comment on them being in Brawl it automatically sounds like they've been cut.
It's just a side effect of the way you'd have to word things. So I don't think Sakurai's 'up until now' statement has to mean that Ness is out.

Wait. "Kicking Captain Falcon's butt"? 'm pretty sure Sakurai never said that.

Top Bottom