• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Oh god... I'm guessing you missed the entire discussion about how "Until now" means absolutely nothing, as it's since been used in other updates to refer to elements still existent in Brawl. Case in point.
People who do not want Ness in brawl, will never comprehend it anyway, they have their minds only on Ness leaving.

There is really no point in trying to convince them because they won't believe you no matter what. Regardless most are trolls.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
Oh god... I'm guessing you missed the entire discussion about how "Until now" means absolutely nothing, as it's since been used in other updates to refer to elements still existent in Brawl. Case in point.
People just like to jump to conclusions, negative or positive, when it's in their favor.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Like I said to vesperview, I'm not particularly interested in arguing about whether or not Ness will return. But when people use obviously flawed logic as "proof" that he will (or will not) return, I just have to say something.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
All we can do at this point is wait as the master of mindgames Sakurai continues his rampage. Yep, more waiting. And I first though the debate of whether or not Ness is in would be settled by that S. moves update, but I underestimated that sadist...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
All we can do at this point is wait as the master of mindgames Sakurai continues his rampage. Yep, more waiting. And I first though the debate of whether or not Ness is in would be settled by that S. moves update, but I underestimated that sadist...
I think your right Sakurai is a master of mindgames... like instead of bringing wario in as his standard form he brings him in in his wario ware form, and then does the ashley song thing.. which sparks the ashley 4 brawl stuff... and also by touching on Ness slightly but not fully deconfirming him...

Hes toying with us :(

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yes, and the handicapped has been chance, hence the "Until now." Like how Ness was changed into Lucas.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

Read the update carefuly.

"Up untill now" There was a system of Handicap that weakend you. Now, you incress your damage.
It's diffrent.
Up uNtill NOw there was Ness, now there is Lucas. It's diffrent.

Next time, try not to fail so hard. Please.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Ness evolved into Lucas, like Pichu evolved into Pikachu with Goggles. (Joke LOL)
In a weird sense, it could've been that way. Not Pokemon evolution, but I'm thinking it's possible that they incorporated elements of Pichu that excelled Pikachu into Brawl's Pikachu. Although that's a different topic.

It's pretty clear that Ness is gone, though, so I'm really not even going to bother debating and just enjoy my victory over Ness-*****.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

"Up untill now" There was a system of Handicap that weakend you. Now, you incress your damage.
It's diffrent.

Here we go again...

So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.

But, I began to think that there isn’t much thrill in just making yourself weaker, so I changed the system.
He only says "until now" he has included handicap in the games.

He then goes onto say how the system has changed

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
In a weird sense, it could've been that way. Not Pokemon evolution, but I'm thinking it's possible that they incorporated elements of Pichu that excelled Pikachu into Brawl's Pikachu. Although that's a different topic.

It's pretty clear that Ness is gone, though, so I'm really not even going to bother debating and just enjoy my victory over Ness-*****.
Might I ask why you have such a distaste for Ness? The fanboys?

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a distaste towards Ness, even though he was the worst character in the series he came from. I just have a distaste for Ness being in Brawl.

Although the fanboys are bad too!
Hmm. Some of just can't let go I guess. Nothing's confirmed, but I agree Ness' chances are about as low as Pichu's to return.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Erm...this really isn't a thread for Ness supporters anymore...it seems like it's a thread to debate stuff we already know...I mean, we all know Ness' chances aren't the best unless his B Moves are totally redone...but now it just seems like a thread to bash Ness fans. Everyone here who's a Ness supporter knows pretty much everything the Ness bashers are saying, but they still want Ness in the game. It's not about odds or chances, it's about who they want in the game.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Yes, and the handicapped has been chance, hence the "Until now." Like how Ness was changed into Lucas.
You only find out that the handicap system was changed by reading the entire update. If that particular quote were to be lifted from the update with the update itself never being posted, there's no way you'd be able to conclude from what's specifically stated that Sakurai is changing the handicap system. At most, you'd assume that he's saying there's no longer going to be a handicap system in Brawl (similar to what people are doing with the Lucas update).

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE.

It's diffrent.

Before you decide to be an obnoxious troll, at least pretend to know what the hell you're talking about - otherwise, you just end up looking ridiculous. I already the read the update thoroughly; I've had this discussion a few days ago, after all. Look at the quote:

Smash Bros. DOJO!! said:
So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.
Nowhere does it mention nor even hint at a change in the handicap system; this is only revealed by reading the entire update.

What that quote means is exactly what it says: "I've included a handicap system in all previous installments of the SSB series." Same with the Lucas update: "I've included Ness in all previous installments of the SSB series."

You get an 'A' for effort, though.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I think your right Sakurai is a master of mindgames... like instead of bringing wario in as his standard form he brings him in in his wario ware form, and then does the ashley song thing.. which sparks the ashley 4 brawl stuff... and also by touching on Ness slightly but not fully deconfirming him...

Hes toying with us :(
I don't think that qualifies as mindgames... Personally, I've never felt mindgamed by Sakurai.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
Before you decide to be an obnoxious troll, at least pretend to know what the hell you're talking about - otherwise, you just end up looking ridiculous. I already the read the update thoroughly; I've had this discussion a few days ago, after all. Look at the quote:

Nowhere does it mention nor even hint at a change in the handicap system; this is only revealed by reading the entire update.

What that quote means is exactly what it says: "I've included a handicap system in all previous installments of the SSB series." Same with the Lucas update: "I've included Ness in all previous installments of the SSB series."

You get an 'A' for effort, though.
I wasn't trying to sound like a troll, looking at it though, I really did. Sorry.

But my point is that it's the same usage. The only diffrence is insted of reading the whole post (Handicap) We had to wait for the Specail Moves, witch pretty much deconfermed Ness. It's the same basic principal, just alittle more spread out, ya' know?

EPX2

Smash Ace
I wasn't trying to sound like a troll, looking at it though, I really did. Sorry.

But my point is that it's the same usage. The only diffrence is insted of reading the whole post (Handicap) We had to wait for the Specail Moves, witch pretty much deconfermed Ness. It's the same basic principal, just alittle more spread out, ya' know?
As I said before, I don't care to discuss whether or not Ness will return at the moment. However, for people to look solely at the opening statement from the Lucas update and make the illogical conclusion that "omg Ness is out!" is ridiculous. If you're concluding that he's out for any other *valid* reason, then I have no problem with that, but using a meaningless quote to make such a huge claim is just silly.

Basically, if you're basing your claim off the entire update and not focusing on that particular quote, I have no issues with that.

Also, I apologize for assuming that you were attempting to troll.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
As I said before, I don't care to discuss whether or not Ness will return at the moment. However, for people to look solely at the opening statement from the Lucas update and make the illogical conclusion that "omg Ness is out!" is ridiculous. If you're concluding that he's out for any other *valid* reason, then I have no problem with that, but using a meaningless quote to make such a huge claim is just silly.

Basically, if you're basing your claim off the entire update and not focusing on that particular quote, I have no issues with that.

Also, I apologize for assuming that you were attempting to troll.
THANK YOU!
but im more of "wait till the game comes out, and we"ll see" type of guy

*ahem*
pardoning me asking but what is TROLLING?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
hmmmm.....
so doesnt that make everyone coming in here and arguing about him being in or out brawl, even thogh it is a SUPPORT thread, a troll???

or not

please please...tell me more
Not really.

Trolling is making a controversial post in a thread to start a flame war.
So, if someone posted
NESS SUCKS!
or something, THAT would be trolling.
I think...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Not really.

Trolling is making a controversial post in a thread to start a flame war.
So, if someone posted
NESS SUCKS!
or something, THAT would be trolling.
I think...
Don't forget, some trolls come off as if they actually have logic.. but after 1-2 post it becomes evident once they begin insulting, and bashing with false bias logic.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Don't forget, some trolls come off as if they actually have logic.. but after 1-2 post it becomes evident once they begin insulting, and bashing with false bias logic.
Yeah like you right? Thinking everyone who says Ness is very unlikely to return is a troll, I mean you call everyone troll because you can't argue with them and bring up biased arguments whenever you can, you fit the bill quite nicely, I'd say.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I won't start any argument, I just think it's ignorant and unfair to call everyone a troll just because you can't argue with your own bias, which is exactly what DeuceBlade does and then hides behind calling everyone a troll to justify his lack of logic and acceptance of the reality of the issue, which is that Ness has about Cloud's chance to be in Brawl, close to zero.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
hey vesperview......i was wondering after all you've said (cause you seem to know a lot about the MOTHER series) have you played all the games?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
good to know there's someone else out there whos played them all too. Wouldn't you agree that Lucas should have had an entirely original moveset? if you have played MOTHER3 i think you'd know that he could have a much better move set

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I made a moveset for him with no moves stolen...

B: PK Love
Side B: PK Flash
Down B: Counter
Up B: Messenger Pidgeon

Final Smash: Summon Drago

Laralala... he *DIDN'T* have to steal any moves. If I could make one Sakurai could've of.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i think some of the fun comes from characters using moves they didn't have. if they could only use moves they had well.....some characters would be boring. for Lucas tho i was thinking he could have used psycho shield and PK Ground (i was hoping he'd have PK Freeze and starstorm tho)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I made a moveset for him with no moves stolen...

B: PK Love
Side B: PK Flash
Down B: Counter
Up B: Messenger Pidgeon

Final Smash: Summon Drago

Laralala... he *DIDN'T* have to steal any moves. If I could make one Sakurai could've of.
I can think of only a few reasons why it ended up being the way it is.

1. Sakurai only has room for two characters but he personally wanted three in. So, he decided to merge two into one. Hopefully, we'll get a legit alt. unless some divine intervention occurs and we actually get three.

2. Royalty fees could've gotten too high if three characters were playable.

3. Sakurai just likes to mess with MOTHER fans as much as Nintendo does.

finalark

SNORLAX
Come on people, Ness way my main, I can accept that he's out. I'll probably just main Lucas, do I have to post a link to the update just to prove that he's gone.

Okay, I'll put it in plan English.

Until now means that it existed, until now.

Top Bottom