• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
What part of "He has an upgraded Ness moveset" you don't understand? Stop trying to have an argument with this cause you clearly don't.
You say he has an "upgraded" moveset, I say he has a "similar" moveset..

and you can't even say move set because only their special moves are similar, not the entire moveset.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/lucas.html

Sakurai says the move is different, not upgraded.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
It's obvious that Sakurai favors Mother 3, he worked in the game, if they're going to be two Mother reps they will be from Mother 3, if he was so eager and willing to replace him in Melee, what could stop him now?

I don't know, maybe because he has appeared in both previous games, and the fans kinda took a liking to him. Maybe because the fans'd be disappointed if he was cut. Maybe because Mother 3 was never released in America, one of Smash's largest countries, but Earthbound was. Maybe because he was the protagonist of a game that has a cult following. Maybe because he is one of the characters that has become associated with Smash.

But then again, it is obvious that only Mother 3 will get representation in this game.:psycho:

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think we already stated that the "A" moves are different, the only somewhat different move is PK Fire, because of the pillar, that's it and it is upgraded, stop being in denial.

I don't know, maybe because he has appeared in both previous games, and the fans kinda took a liking to him. Maybe because the fans'd be disappointed if he was cut. Maybe because Mother 3 was never released in America, one of Smash's largest countries, but Earthbound was. Maybe because he was the protagonist of a game that has a cult following. Maybe because he is one of the characters that has become associated with Smash.
Pure bias, characters get cut in fighting games all the time, this is no different at least be happy he has a replacement.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique02.html

Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.
Oh man! I guess tapping the button won't result in standard combos anymore!

But, wait?

That won’t change in Brawl, but now you can also just hold down the attack button to automatically do consecutive standard attacks.
You mean "up until now" doesn't always mean "not including now"? Sometimes it means something else is being added?

I think we already stated that the "A" moves are different, the only somewhat different move is PK Fire, because of the pillar, that's it and it is upgraded, stop being in denial.
So he has, what, 3 of the same moves? And that makes them the exact same?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
if Ness was to be replaced i think Sakurai would have come right out and say it the day we got Lucas. and like deuceblade stated Sakurai has used the whole "until now" thing twice with out it meaning "not in the game any more"

vesperview

Smash Hero
you said Lucas had Ness' moveset just upgraded.

which is not true.
The "B" moves are upgrades, the PK Fire explodes more fiercely on contact, while Ness's didn't, the grab is also long range while Ness had one of the worst grabs in Melee, if that isn't an upgrade I don't know what is, and go back I clearly said they were similar enough, saying the moves are upgrades is not the same as saying they're exact replicas of each other, I love how you base everything on moves and quotes when there's a lot more to this than that, which you can't argue, did someone say denial?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The "B" moves are upgrades, the PK Fire explodes more fiercely on contact, while Ness's didn't, the grab is also long range while Ness had one of the worst grabs in Melee, if that isn't an upgrade I don't know what is, and go back I clearly said they were similar enough, saying the moves are upgrades is not the same as saying they're exact replicas of each other, I love how you base everything on moves and quotes when there's a lot more to this than that, which you can't argue, did someone say denial?
I use whats on the dojo, to disclaim what you say about Ness being removed..

If im not mistaken you claimed that Ness could not be in brawl simply because Lucas was in a seperate Mother than him...

Please use facts to back up what you say, Sakurai has not stated Ness is out so no matter how hard you want it to be true, you still can not prove it.

The difference between Ness supporters and Ness disconfirmers is, We think he has a chance to come back, while you guys know he will not come back.

There is a difference between Thinking, and knowing. We think, while you guys don't know.

vesperview

Smash Hero

If im not mistaken you claimed that Ness could not be in brawl simply because Lucas was in a seperate Mother than him...

Please use facts to back up what you say, Sakurai has not stated Ness is out so no matter how hard you want it to be true, you still can not prove it.

The difference between Ness supporters and Ness disconfirmers is, We think he has a chance to come back, while you guys think he will not come back.

There is a difference between Thinking, and knowing. We think, while you guys don't know.
Yeah, Sakurai wanting to replace Ness with Lucas since Melee, Lucas being more popular in Japan, Lucas having his B moves upgraded, Mother 3 being the popular game that it is with Sakurai having worked on it, clearly weighs nothing when you have hope of him coming back, right? lol! You're backing what you say with facts? That's news to me, I forgot how you were the one writing the Dojo updates to actually know the meaning behind that, and the handicap update clearly states that a certain type of handicap has been in the game until now and it was replaced by a new type of handicap, same here, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

vesperview

Smash Hero

The difference between Ness supporters and Ness disconfirmers is, We think he has a chance to come back, while you guys think he will not come back.

Yeah, Sakurai wanting to replace Ness with Lucas since Melee, Lucas being more popular in Japan, Lucas having his B moves upgraded, Mother 3 being the popular game that it is with Sakurai having worked on it, clearly weighs nothing when you have hope of him coming back, right? lol! You're backing what you say with facts? That's news to me, I forgot how you were the one writing the Dojo updates to actually know the meaning behind that, and the handicap update clearly states that a certain type of handicap has been in the game until now and it was replaced by a new type of handicap, same here, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
The difference between DeuceBlade's post and vesperview's post is that DueceBlade is stating that grammatically, that statement could have either meaning, while vesperview throws grammer out the window and states that it only has one meaning.

......and the handicap update clearly states that a certain type of handicap has been in the game until now and it was replaced by a new type of handicap, same here, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Have a look at this, please:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique02.html

vesperview

Smash Hero
They all state some change, you're just reaching out in the paragraphs now, all of those updates imply there has been a change in the game, minor or not.

Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.

That won’t change in Brawl, but now you can also just hold down the attack button to automatically do consecutive standard attacks.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Here we go again with the Handicap update, Sakurai says Handicap has been in the game until now, then goes into talking about the new handicap system. Periods are used for a reason.

and I with all your facts of the Mother 3 game, you still have yet to prove Ness is out, and why is that? because only Sakurai can.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
They all state some change, you're just reaching out in the paragraphs now, all of those updates imply there has been a change in the game, minor or not.

Apparently you missed the part where it said "That won’t change in Brawl".

Let me recap those 2 sentences for you, since you apparently aren't comprehending them:
Up until now, standard attack-button-tapping combos were included, and they still are, but we are adding something else.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Apparently you missed the part where it said "That won’t change in Brawl".

Let me recap those 2 sentences for you, since you apparently aren't comprehending them:
Up until now, standard attack-button-tapping combos were included, and they still are, but we are adding something else.
*facepalm* That's exactly what I'm saying, I never said they weren't being included, I said they were changing.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
*facepalm* That's exactly what I'm saying, I never said they weren't being included, I said they were changing.
There are things being added... Like Lucas is being added as a Mother Rep, he be right next to Ness and possible claus on the roster.

ok now everyone is happy.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice

I can *facepalm*, too. They aren't changing, a new feature is being added on top of them. Kinda like Lucas being added in addition to Ness.

Note: I am not saying Ness WILL be back, I am saying that everyone who claims that update de-confirms him is wrong.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I really hope the full roster is leaked on dec 15, it will close nearly every brawl thread in the character section.. while some will turn into haha he/she is in threads.

Or atleast I hope K. Rool, and ness are confirmed. lol

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I really hope the full roster is leaked on dec 15, it will close nearly every brawl thread in the character section.. while some will turn into haha he/she is in threads.

Or atleast I hope K. Rool, and ness are confirmed. lol
aww come on man... the full roster???
maybe the returning vet's im fine with that, but i really would like the "?" charachters to reamain "unknown" until i a least beat the game... with that said im not even going to TOUCH online(as tempted as i maybe) becasue if its like strikers, the charachters will already be revealed so yea

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering Lucas only has one move that actually belongs to him that's highly unlikely, not even his grab is his.
Wait, he has a move that he didn't steal? Last I checked, all 5 of his PK/PSI moves weren't his.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I just read the Mario/Luigi - Ness/Lucas thing over again... and I understand fully now..

Lucas' moveset does shout Luigi-fied.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only thing is that Luigi is the way he is considering his nature as a Mario brother. The two are supposed to be similar. Although, the guy has become more and more his own character desptie being a Mario brother.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Yeah cause Lucas and Ness are SO a Mario and Luigi combo.[/sarcasm]
Your putting words in my mouth, I never said Ness and Lucas were a pair or team, I said they could potentially have a moveset formula similar to Mario and Luigi -- and why is that? because on the dojo SAKURAI SAID: " They are from the same family of PK users."

Do you not see the connection? because I do.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Your putting words in my mouth, I never said Ness and Lucas were a pair or team, I said they could potentially have a moveset formula similar to Mario and Luigi -- and why is that? because on the dojo SAKURAI SAID: " They are from the same family of PK users."

Do you not see the connection? because I do.
It's a stupid connection, Ness is not important enough to the Mother series as Luigi is to the Mario series, it's natural a small series such as Mother would get a character replaced with their newer leading character, he is not important enough to be included with a similar moveset, hence, the term Luigified, cause Luigi is, the term luigified is completely out of place here.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
It's a stupid connection, Ness is not important enough to the Mother series as Luigi is to the Mario series, it's natural a small series such as Mother would get a character replaced with their newer leading character, he is not important enough to be included with a similar moveset, hence, the term Luigified, cause Luigi is, the term luigified is completely out of place here.
ok ok ok

mmmm

ok
Roy was a port from a japan release only of fire emblem.. right???
and his chance of returning to brawl are about as good as the war in iraq ending...

and isnt lucas a port chrachter from a japan"only" release of mother3..right

idk im just typing cause i have fingers,but roy=ness...ike=lucas see where im trying to go....(cause i dont)

and illl leave it at that.... just puttin my 1 and ahalf SENSE in

vesperview

Smash Hero
ok ok ok

mmmm

ok
Roy was a port from a japan release only of fire emblem.. right???
and his chance of returning to brawl are about as good as the war in iraq ending...

and isnt lucas a port chrachter from a japan"only" release of mother3..right

idk im just typing cause i have fingers,but roy=ness...ike=lucas see where im trying to go....(cause i dont)

and illl leave it at that.... just puttin my 1 and ahalf SENSE in
Ike is the most recent Fire Emblem character, that's why people say he's replacing Roy, same as Mother, if you were trying to make an argument out of that, you failed.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Now your trolling, and I knew you would try to compare Luigi to Ness, but thats why I said Moveset formula. Fail.

Top Bottom