• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Okay Vesper, you win. Lucas replaces Ness, 100%. No other possibility exists, forget ambiguous translations that were far less final in other languages, and forget that even the "until now" statement was in the handicaps update too, and especially forget Luigi and Mario having similar movesets, then there's Young Link, and let's forget the "at first" comment before Sakurai saying "I wanted to replace Ness" on the MELEE site, none of that matters. While I'm at it, the fact that an angled PK Fire has its tactical advantages and that freezing characters can be considered a disadvantage, as well as being open to projectiles from behind while using PSI Magnet is completely a moot point. None of this matters one bit.

What matters is that Lucas was confirmed first and has a tweaked moveset that varies from Ness' and no other option of having similar characters with different statistics and moveset functions exists.

Come off it already and stop being so absolute.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Not cutting a character just for a moveset? That's not a good reason, Sheik and Ness should both be cut and funny how you say "Marth/Roy", Roy is clearly not safe with your logic.

Cause it's his moveset, Duh!
well sheik has a new design that has been confirmed to be submitted to the brawl team by some loz artist, so i think he/she/it/potatoe will be in the game in some form. And the marth roy thing was a mistake on my part, i like roy better so thats why i added him in there.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
just for the record not ONE of Lucas's moves belonged to him. the only 2 PSI moves he had were PK love and PK flash......and he has neither of thoses

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
They are in the same family of PK, pk fire works differently, and his magnet only goes infront of him... PK thunder probably works the same tho.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
thats what i gathered from it anyway.....PK fire does look a little more powerful tho

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
actually Ness shot PK fire diagonally but the flame pillar always remained strictly vertical

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
you know even with Lucas's move set i think it'll be different enough for Ness to still be his own character

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I wonder if Lucas can surpass Ness... I guess we will never find out since Ness might be be getting replaced... (oh and I wasn't quoting sakurai... or was I?)

Its been said many times before... Sakurai has yet to say Ness is out, so why do you insist he is out?
Say, we have a racing pilot... and he died. Then his son enters as a racing pilot too... then I guess we'll never know if he'll be able to surpass his father because they'll never race each other, right? No. There are other ways to see if Lucas can surpass Ness (as his successor) than to have them face off.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
NOTE!!!
This is not a discussion about Ness' chances of being back in Brawl. It's a place where Ness diehards make their last stand.
This will not be as fancy as the Marth Support Thread. So here's the idea:
Everyone who wants Ness to return shall leave their names here. I will update this as much as I can. I shall also do this on over forums such as NSider and IGN. Then at a selected date I will send the complete list to Nintendo and see if they reply.
Please only post here if you're supporting the idea and say if you want to be involved.
No trolls.
Also if someone could make a sig for this thread, (think like the Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. one).
Please Ness supporters participate. His fate could be in our hands.

«SUPPORTERS»
DekuBoy
well seeing as how no one is discussing....
go ahead and put em down on the LIST

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Wut a bunch of losers Ness is disconfirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im not going to debate that... bnut all i can say is we WILL see.... the game isnt out yet and nothing has said the Ness is "De-confirmed" if you can show me PROOF THAT says ness is out ill believe you... but for worthless textual evidence from the master of mindgames[sakurai] i doubt it.... i mean IC's where Rumored to be out werent they.. yet theyre back?!?!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
seriously is there any REAL reason to kick Ness out? i can't find any. not to mention Lucas has a different enough fighting style so that if he were Ness's replacement hed be a bad one. oh and if thats true lets not forget the fact that it also makes him a unoriginal "newcomer" cause he wouldn't really be all that new

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
seriously is there any REAL reason to kick Ness out? i can't find any. not to mention Lucas has a different enough fighting style so that if he were Ness's replacement hed be a bad one. oh and if thats true lets not forget the fact that it also makes him a unoriginal "newcomer" cause he wouldn't really be all that new
The only reason I would think would be becasue Mother 3 is very popular in Japan, much more than Mother 2 now, and they would like to focus on it more.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
well i do know how incredibly popular MOTHER 3 is in japan and all but that doesn't mean Ness has to leave.....

NukeA6

Smash Master
Lucas is new Ness just like Ness was the new Ninten. They even got the same moves.

you know even with Lucas's move set i think it'll be different enough for Ness to still be his own character
Ness would be a clone taking up a slot that would belong to a more original and deserving character.

Ness FTL!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
how is Ness a clone when he came first? and if you didn't notice Lucas's move function differently (with the execption on PK thunder) and just because Lucas came after Ness that doesn't mean he should be replaced MOTHER 2 is a classic at this point.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
The fact that Sakurai CHANGED the moveset before slapping a Lucas model on it implies that Ness is coming back, or at the least that he has a chance.

Though, at this point, there is no hard evidence pointing towards his return OR his exit, so people definitively stating "Ness is out" seems somewhat silly, imo.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I love how everyone claims the moves are completely different just to have some hope, they're the same moves with a little upgrade as most characters get "upgrades" in their moves, is no surprise, if you've played Mother 3 you wouldn't expect the "A" moves to be the same as Ness's since the bat and yoyo are not Lucas's specialty but still, the "B" moves are similar enough to call him a clone, if you people can't see that, you're truly in denial.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
No one claims the moves are completely different. People claim the moves are different, which they are.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The reason they have similar moves is because they are in the same family of PK users, Sakurai clearly pointed this out, they do not have the same grab, or standard moves. Lucas has tether recovery Ness doesnt.. These are more than just upgrades.. they are there to establish the differences of Ness and Lucas.

How you can not see that is beyond me.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
People who believe that Ness has no chance of returning based on Lucas' moveset are likely the same people who expect for Luigi to have a complete overhaul. Somehow you've been tricked/tricked yourselves into thinking that NO 2 characters will share several moves that have the same function, but are different in speed/strength/recovery time.

vesperview

Smash Hero
People who believe that Ness has no chance of returning based on Lucas' moveset are likely the same people who expect for Luigi to have a complete overhaul. Somehow you've been tricked/tricked yourselves into thinking that NO 2 characters will share several moves that have the same function, but are different in speed/strength/recovery time.
Do you even know what's going on entirely? This is SO not about movesets, this was just the last nail on the coffin.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Do I even know what's going on? Yes, I tend not to engage myself in conversations where I know not what is going on.

Fact is, this "final nail" is the ONLY nail, seeing as Mother 3's popularity really has no impact on whether Ness comes back. Meanwhile, Sakurai's intention of cutting Ness from Melee never came to fruition, and Ness stayed.

The only real indication that Lucas MAY replace Ness, rather than Lucas just being an addition, is the similar movesets. Which is SO unheard of in these games, right?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Do I even know what's going on? Yes, I tend not to engage myself in conversations where I know not what is going on.

Fact is, this "final nail" is the ONLY nail, seeing as Mother 3's popularity really has no impact on whether Ness comes back. Meanwhile, Sakurai's intention of cutting Ness from Melee never came to fruition, and Ness stayed.

The only real indication that Lucas MAY replace Ness, rather than Lucas just being an addition, is the similar movesets. Which is SO unheard of in these games, right?
Ok, do you even know why Ness wasn't replaced in Melee?

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Because Mother 3 was delayed. So since Mother 3 is now released, this is 100% proof that Lucas is not an addition, but a replacement? There can't possibly be reps from 2 games in one franchise?

Top Bottom