• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I never said he would be a fox clone.. I don't jump to conclusions, If you knew more about the situation in the wolf thread.. you would know I first thought he appeared similar to Fox and could have clone characteristics.. but then I saw a clip of Star Fox Assault and determined he could have an original moveset.

Wu tang was just looking for a reason to flame (sadly).

Jumping to conclusions is never a good thing :cool::cool::cool:
Or maybe Wu Tang is referring to your failing logic?

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
PK Freeze acts exactly like PK Flash, but with a freeze effect.

And PK Fire is different from PK Fire? Just because they added a new twist to it doesn't mean that it's a different move.

PSI Flash is an orb of energy that surrounds Lucas and absorbs projectiles to regain health. It's the exact same thing.

And PK Thunder, as you said, is the exact same.

What's so different from Ness' moveset? Young Link is just as different - Hell, his Fire Arrows are just Arrows with fire damage.
This is a direct quote from Sakurai on the Lucas special moves update:

But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.

Sakurai makes it pretty clear that Lucas and Ness don't have the same standard moves, and since standard moves make up the vast majority of any given moveset, this means that Lucas and Ness can NOT be considered clones. Even if all four of their special moves were EXACTLY the same (and we know from the update that they aren't) Lucas and Ness still wouldn't be clones.

I think this is something that seems to be under a lot of unnecessary confusion. It's time that we all agree that Lucas and Ness aren't clones.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Or maybe Wu Tang is referring to your failing logic?
I'll file this under opinion
This thread is completely pointless to me. Ness was deconfirmed, replaced, i dont see how you guys cant except it
this is an opinion too :cool::cool:

This is a direct quote from Sakurai on the Lucas special moves update:

But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.

Sakurai makes it pretty clear that Lucas and Ness don't have the same standard moves, and since standard moves make up the vast majority of any given moveset, this means that Lucas and Ness can NOT be considered clones. Even if all four of their special moves were EXACTLY the same (and we know from the update that they aren't) Lucas and Ness still wouldn't be clones.

I think this is something that seems to be under a lot of unnecessary confusion. It's time that we all agree that Lucas and Ness aren't clones.
Hmm... a quote straight from Sakurai..? FACT!

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Wolf has nothing to do with Ness, stop discussing him. What's the point of a Wolf thread if you bring him onto a Ness thread?!?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I'm lookng for a reason to flame? When have I flamed anyone? You, on the other hand, are just ****ing tossing oil around waiting for someone to burn it(if you catch my drift).

It's funny how many people on these forums don't even know what trolling means.

Up until now means that Ness has been in Super Smash Bros. series "UP UNTIL ****ING NOW". I know it's hard, but it's true, Ness has been replaced.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lucas's Special Moves update gave you hope? I'm putting this in my signature.
you are seriously ******** and have no idea how Ness is really played (he never used his specials, well hardly, compared to his arials). And who thinks that most characters don't use their specials a lot? Have you heard of jigglypuff, Fox, Falco, Doc, Peach, Sheik....

And Wu tang gang, I bet you even think that Lucas' lightning kick thingy is his up-smash (it's not it's his u-tilt). And seriously, almost every characters specials are pretty generic (at least for up-b...). And seriously I think he's out, but I do have hope.

And btw up until now neutral a combos and handicaps have been in the game.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
whats wrong with people who support him??? if you don't like it/agree with us then go post else where, please & thank you

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
There are alot of "partial clones" yet they still are in smash, some characters share many similarities to each other, this does not mean they have no chance in brawl, infact most are already in.
most are already in? so far no ones a partial clone

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
most are already in? so far no ones a partial clone
People are calling Ness and Lucas partial clones when they only have 1 move exactly the same (PK Thunder) and 2 moves that are similar (PK fire, PK magnet)

If we went by this logic for all characters:

Kirby and Ike's ^B moves are nearly the same.. Throw sword up.. Come down with force.

Kirby ,Pit, Metaknight both have alot of float jumps - Woah they are such clones.

Bowser and Charizard both breathe fire - Total clones hurry Sakurai remove Charizard!

Sakurai already gave reason to why they will have a similar moveset "They both come from the same family of PK users"

Sakurai called it, not me.

:cool::cool::cool:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
People are calling Ness and Lucas partial clones when they only have 1 move exactly the same (PK Thunder) and 2 moves that are similar (PK fire, PK magnet)

Kirby and Ike's ^B moves are nearly the same.. Throw sword up.. Come down with force.

Kirby ,Pit, Metaknight both have alot of float jumps - Woah they are such clones.

Bowser and Charizard both breathe fire - Total clones hurry Sakurai remove Charizard!

Sakurai already gave reason to why they will have a similar moveset "They both come from the same family of PK users"

And yet Lucas and Ness aren't clones b/c one of these 2 characters are not in the game. And which one might that be?

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman

dont dodge the **** question what ****ing character in brawl is a semi clone of another character? all of the examples u gave in this post make u look liek an idiot lucas and ness have more than just one jump as a similarity

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
dont dodge the **** question what ****ing character in brawl is a semi clone of another character? all of the examples u gave in this post make u look liek an idiot lucas and ness have more than just one jump as a similarity
Ok no more troll feeding for me, I clearly answered your question and now you are trolling.
if you want to respond to this go ahead, im done feeding you.

:ness: for brawl

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ok no more troll feeding for me, I clearly answered your question and now you are trolling.
if you want to respond to this go ahead, im done feeding you.

:ness: for brawl

He's being honest. Lucas has Ness moves. Whether or not they're exactly the same, it's the same moves. Everything except the PK Freeze and the FS is the same. Sure the move goes in a different direction that Ness's, but it's obviously the same move nonetheless.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
first off i'd just like to say that none of us can really compare PK flash or freeze, because none of us have seen it in action, sure we were given 2 screenshots but that is far from telling us how the move works, so i'd like to leave that out entirely in terms of comparison. second, just because they have *similar* special moves mean very little, from all we've seen for Lucas's melee fighting style, hes a totally different character. and really, basing wether a character is a clone or not soley off their 4 special moves is kinda dumb....

vesperview

Smash Hero

Bowser and Charizard are clones because they breathe fire? Please, you gotta come up with a better counter than that! He's right, no one is a semi clone so far, I find it ironic that you call Luigi a semi clone, when he's in the same position, none of his moves in Melee work the same as Mario's, although they're the same moves and he has a different Side B, regardless, Luigi hasn't returned and Luigi could get a whole new moveset to completely destroy this argument, but as I've been saying, Luigi is important enough to be in a Smash game and be similar to Mario, Ness is not.

*Waits for gay n00bish smiley ":cool:" and stupid finishing line ":ness: for Brawl"*

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I suppose Mario and all the others are clones b/c they don't have floating jumps but normal flips and jumps instead? Really nice logic DB, it fails

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
you are seriously ******** and have no idea how Ness is really played (he never used his specials, well hardly, compared to his arials). And who thinks that most characters don't use their specials a lot? Have you heard of jigglypuff, Fox, Falco, Doc, Peach, Sheik....

And Wu tang gang, I bet you even think that Lucas' lightning kick thingy is his up-smash (it's not it's his u-tilt). And seriously, almost every characters specials are pretty generic (at least for up-b...). And seriously I think he's out, but I do have hope.

And btw up until now neutral a combos and handicaps have been in the game.
You are ******** for being this oblivious. It clearly says, "Up until now, Ness will not be in Brawl(or something of that nature)", in the Lucas Special Move update.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
You are ******** for being this oblivious. It clearly says, "Up until now, Ness will not be in Brawl(or something of that nature)", in the Lucas Special Move update.
Thats your opinion, other people do not see it that way, and calling someone ******** for not agreeing with your opinion is really immature.

:cool::cool:

:ness: for brawl.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
*holds up a Ness Fails sign in DB's face* Oh and on the back it has Sakurai laughing with the words DECORNFIRMATION going across. Would you like to see? lol

DB's catchphrase: Failure for Brawl!!!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
yeah me too! if you guys are going to bash someone because he wants Ness in brawl and his sig says so......you guys are pretty low. leave this thread if your gonna keep bashing us

Top Bottom