• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ness Support Thread

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ness should be confirmed tomorrow (the plesiosaur, not the psychic kid).

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Point well taken, however, if I may offer a counterpoint.

I never thought Snake was going to be in Smash. I also never thought that my left big toe was going to be bigger than my right big toe. You never know. Unless YOU, sir, are Sakurai, in which case you do.
Yeah you are correct, only Sakurai would know those type of things.. I almost became like those Ness trolls for a minute. Thanks for bringing me back. :laugh:

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Yeah you are correct, only Sakurai would know those type of things.. I almost became like those Ness trolls for a minute. Thanks for bringing me back. :laugh:
Glad to help. Anyway, I figure theres a slim chance Ness will be back, mainly because of Lucas' lack of Ness' attacks, which could mean Ness was given his own moveset with actions he himself actualy does in his game.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
While it's looking like Ness has some bad chances, MAN am I pissed.

Why would they cut of what is basically a massive chunk of American audience, and those who are recent to the series? Seriously, it would not have been much more work to keep him in, and some jsut perfer Ness.

I personally perfer Ness' style to Lucas. If they had BOTH in it would have solved all issues really.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
While it's looking like Ness has some bad chances, MAN am I pissed.

Why would they cut of what is basically a massive chunk of American audience, and those who are recent to the series? Seriously, it would not have been much more work to keep him in, and some jsut perfer Ness.

I personally perfer Ness' style to Lucas. If they had BOTH in it would have solved all issues really.
a massive chunk? Eh, EarthBound FLOPPED. Ness' game was popular enough in Japan to warrant his inclusion in SSB. Ness was included because of THEM. Had it been up to us and we would've of never had him.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
No character is ever deconfirmed until Sakurai says so. Maybe Ness got a new moveset, or he's unlockable, or even an Assist Trophy. You never know (Unless you are Sakurai, for which, if this is true, I am sorry).
Read the Lucas Special Moves update.

I'm pissed at an American game rep replaced by a japan only rep. Ness should of gotten in, even if Sakurai had to make up new moves.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what I mean. Until they are revealed in the game, they can't be taken as deconfirmed.
The point is, in some people's minds...he might as well be confirmed as not being in the game. It's mostly obvious. It may just be an assumption, but everything in life PERIOD is an assumption.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Very true, but I retain hope. Everything points, but doesn't necessarily validate it. Everyone thought the Ice Climbers were going to go too.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I know, I am just pulling at straws. I am just mad that Ness is just gone, you know? He was my main in 64, and one of my best in Melee, up there with Roy, Falcon, Ice Climbers and Samus.

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
No character is ever deconfirmed until Sakurai says so. Maybe Ness got a new moveset, or he's unlockable, or even an Assist Trophy. You never know (Unless you are Sakurai, for which, if this is true, I am sorry).
The thing is Sakurai is not going to that, he's not going to post 'For this update today these are all the characters that will not be in brawl, hardy har ha'. The only way he can let the smash community know if a character is out is through subtle suggestion.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
The thing is Sakurai is not going to that, he's not going to post 'For this update today these are all the characters that will not be in brawl, hardy har ha'. The only way he can let the smash community know if a character is out is through subtle suggestion.
Or, since Ness has been with Smash since the beginning, Sakurai can give the little fella a shred of dignity left and make him into an Assist Trophy.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
to me ness should stay. He is really popular down in my region.
also because he has been in it since the beginning.
sure lucas has some of his moves though,
but look at mario and luigi they are similar in many ways and in
ssb mario and luigi were excactly alike
im sure ness isnt going anywhere!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
this is mostly for the other Ness supporters (cause i kinda needed to brag *alittle*) today at my high school we held a melee tournament, and i ofcourse entered as Ness......and won ^^ (while having to use a defective contoller to boot!)
Ness FTW!!!!!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
random question.....has anybody ever checked to see if when you change the games language to japanese, Ness's trophy says MOTHER 2? i never thought to check, and i noticed there was three songs to the series called MOTHER, MOTHER 2, and Earthbound....which i thought was weird since MOTHER 2 is the same thing

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know why they didn't name MOTHER 2, Pollyanna, and Earthbound, Fourside.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
this is mostly for the other Ness supporters (cause i kinda needed to brag *alittle*) today at my high school we held a melee tournament, and i ofcourse entered as Ness......and won ^^ (while having to use a defective contoller to boot!)
Ness FTW!!!!!
awesome man, one of my good buddies plays as ness and plays identical to simna.
of course he is no simna but he owns at tournaments we go to on team he usually
saves my *** . but i really hope ness is in!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
same here man ^^ my hope for Ness shall never die out!!!
and i find it pretty amazing that i am as good as i am and i don't do any advanced techniques (that i know of...lol) i just have super good reflexes ingame

Piks

Smash Journeyman
same here man ^^ my hope for Ness shall never die out!!!
^QFT

Since I know about Ness outside of Smash Bros, it's hard for me to see Lucas replace him.
I think a lot less people would hate him if they knew about him, he's not just some annoying guy who shouts things like "pK THunDAA!!1" all the time.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
^QFT

Since I know about Ness outside of Smash Bros, it's hard for me to see Lucas replace him.
I think a lot less people would hate him if they knew about him, he's not just some annoying guy who shouts things like "pK THunDAA!!1" all the time.

I don't hate him, and I don't think most people hate him, they've just moved on. I love all Mother Games, and 3 was my fav, so I prefer Lucas.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
^QFT

The point is, someone already replaced him and has the same moves. Two characters that have the same moves would be very boring and the MOTHER series is much to unique to have two characters with the same specials.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Two characters that have the same moves would be very boring....FalcoGanonLuigiRoyYoungLink.

At least Lucas has different A moves than Ness. And of course, there's always the possibility(the one truly bright hope of they who love Ness) that Ness will have his B moves changed to be more true to Earthbound. No PK Fire and Thunder ****.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Two characters that have the same moves would be very boring....FalcoGanonLuigiRoyYoungLink.

At least Lucas has different A moves than Ness. And of course, there's always the possibility(the one truly bright hope of they who love Ness) that Ness will have his B moves changed to be more true to Earthbound. No PK Fire and Thunder ****.
Yes, they were boring.

I'm not condoning clones in any way. I think it was a mistake of the past they will not do again.

NESS would not be the one changed if they planned on bringing both in. That doesn't even make sense.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yes, they were boring.

I'm not condoning clones in any way. I think it was a mistake of the past they will not do again.

NESS would not be the one changed if they planned on bringing both in. That doesn't even make sense.
...Okay, I think it DOES make sense. Lesee, they changed Link's B moves. They changed Mario slightly, they haven't announced the rest's moves, but I can only assume they changed them somewhat, just like they did from 64 to Melee. It would make COMPLETE sense for Ness's moves to be changed since they don't make sense for him in the context of Earthbound.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
...Okay, I think it DOES make sense. Lesee, they changed Link's B moves. They changed Mario slightly, they haven't announced the rest's moves, but I can only assume they changed them somewhat, just like they did from 64 to Melee. It would make COMPLETE sense for Ness's moves to be changed since they don't make sense for him in the context of Earthbound.
Lucas' moves don't make sense either. Link's moves got aesthic changes and some tweaks. Mario got *1* new special move. Woop de doo. Lucas' got Ness' specials with some aesthic changes and some tweaks.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Not completely, maybe tweeks and nerfs...

NESS IS NOT COMING BACK

and even if he did, he would not have new attacks. LUCAS would have been the person to have different specials

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Not completely, maybe tweeks and nerfs...

NESS IS NOT COMING BACK

and even if he did, he would not have new attacks. LUCAS would have been the person to have different specials
Or...not. Considering the ones they gave him work within the context of Mother 3. See how that might work?

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a problem with Ness and Lucas having similar special moves. It's not like the moves are identical.

And clones are awesome. They increase the roster size even after development time has run out, give lesser characters a chance, and help draw of some of the glut from overplayed characters.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I don't have a problem with Ness and Lucas having similar special moves. It's not like the moves are identical.

And clones are awesome. They increase the roster size even after development time has run out, give lesser characters a chance, and help draw of some of the glut from overplayed characters.
Actually, not having clones give each respective character a unique playing aspect. Clones aren't as good as they seem when Gannondorf DOESN'T GET HIS SWORD.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
They also work within the context of Mother 2, the only one that doesn't is the rope snake.
No, the point is, Lucas...in his game, HAS those attacks. Ness, in his game, doesn't have PK Fire OR PK Thunder. So if they put him in, I'm hoping they give him attacks that would be more suited to Earthbound Ness.

Top Bottom