• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I played Brawl with Blue Rogue today so my thirst is satiated

...For now.
I might've went down this weekend if you weren't traveling for tournies.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Anyone wanna come for a free Brawl tournament in Pittsburgh on friday the 8th where you can win GIFTCARDS (no "gambling" in club activities....im angry. i just want to hold tournaments that money.)
I'll maybe hold melee after at my place (in da burgh) with monies available :'D

I doubt anyone will come, just wanted to invite my NEOH fwiends :3

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Are there brawl weeklies in Pittsburgh somewhere? I go to CMU.
Also, I'll attend the tournament on the 8th, if it's after 3:00 pm.

SoulPech

Smash Master
is anyone needs housing, i can provide a place to stay for armageddeon. It's in Cinci and I live in columbus, which is a 90 min drive from the tourney. I make great burritos :3

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Armageddon would'a been cool, but Animarathon's the same weekend. Oh, and Lokii, you said there's a NEOH Skype group? :3

As for Friday... I'm not gonna know if I'm going until the day of. It depends on when I can leave. Might not be able to get there 'til 8, so if that happens, not sure it'll be worth it. ^^; If I can, though, you should bring along that card I am still missing. If it's with you.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I lied to get out of the IRC
We have a fb group we never use and a dead mw Skype chat
I just wanted to check on you because the IRC people were getting a little awful and I am overprotective of my NEOH people xD
Sadly, card is in Cleveland at mah house
And ill Letcha know if Pittsburgh ends up hanging out after the tourney
Proba not though....cuz neighbors might be having a dinner that night at my place xD

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
;A; That was a terrible chat, wasn't it? S'okay though. I've been around the internet long enough to handle it. XD

Suyon

Smash Lord
NEOH is only but a myth. Wasn't aware that there was even a Skype group. Should also mention that there are "TWO" NEOH groups on fb for some unknown reason that barely have any posts in either of them. Two...I dunno some kind of occult activity to revive the dead or something? Two.......
I remember the days when majority of the people would get online on MSN, but this feels like it was all just an illusion.
I seem to recall that there was also a small NEOH group that King made....where there was a time when seven people had the BEN avatar and posted on M2K's profile saying, "You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?" But alas, I cannot remember if this were all true or just a dream. Ever since the King's disappearance my path has gone astray.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I keep my MSN open all the time, so.....
NEOH get-together group died when this thread got made.
As far as I know, ALL social groups are dead now. I don't think they transferred over with the move.
:ness:

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I'm not talking about threads. I'm certainly not talking about Skype groups either. I'm talking about the groups you could get to from your profile page on smashboards. I don't think they exist anymore. :(

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Last time I checked, social groups are supposed to be coming back, but it'll take a while because it's difficult to transfer that data over. At least they have all of it.

King~

Smash Champion
what? i havent disappeared at all i moved and started attending school and there is never anything around me so i dont play anymore really. though i am closer to jiffys house hmmmmmmmmm

edit: also its been such a long time since ive seen that zelda thing. it was awesome i miss it lol

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
what? i havent disappeared at all i moved and started attending school and there is never anything around me so i dont play anymore really. though i am closer to jiffys house hmmmmmmmmm

edit: also its been such a long time since ive seen that zelda thing. it was awesome i miss it lol
Where do you live now?
If I can get more for sure people to come to smashfests, I'd def host more.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I work this weekend but I might have a smashfest this coming week. Suyon is coming home this weekend so I def want to get together and at least hang out with some peeps.

Suyon

Smash Lord
So time to do some occult activities to bring back the dead then.
So you bettah get ready. In smash wise....everything.....C-Bus too strong
So many games to play......
Xenoblade, Rewrite, Kamidori, and Ragnarok. Other possibilities Fire Emblem, Ni no Kuni, Clannad, Persona, and Gravity Rush.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
If there's enough interest, I'd like to have some people over tomorrow to play smash. I'm free all day.

Suyon, King~, links, Blue? Others?

Suyon

Smash Lord
Should be okay, maybe I can even make Shugo go. If not I'll have to host it instead lol. Links, you said you can't go because you skate from 7-10. I'll also see what QD is up to.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Having some people over for an impromptu smashfest tomorrow. Come over as early as 4 PM and I'll probably send people home by 12 AM or 1 AM. It's going to be a smaller affair but stop by.
Suyon, King~, links... will probably be making an appearance. Maybe Blue Rogue will stop by if I can get ahold of him.

3034 19th St. NW Canton, OH. 44708.
Small golden-brick raised ranch. Park on the street.

Hope to see you :)

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
...So, um. Like I was talking about with a few people earlier.

There's this huge basement in a church right next to a friend of mine's house...
It's on the same street as a coffee cafe, a chinese restaurant, a hot dog shop, and within a short driving distance, like a dozen other places.

And I would really like to use it as a tourney venue. For Brawl and Project:M, probably. Does that sound good to you guys? :3' I've never run a tourney before, but I feel like I could definitely pull it off if I gave it a shot.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Was hoping to really see you there QD. There won't be a smashfest in NEOH for a long time. I think next time would be May or June. Links is the only one who lives in Akron. He doesn't play much, but will if there's an opportunity.

Where is this place at Hari? That kind of matters too. Running a tourney may be stressful. You also don't want to run it bad otherwise people will never come................................. <__<.
Church tournaments seem to be the go in NEOH for some reason...

Really appreciate the host Jiffy. We REALLY need to play Melee. I think we need to play that first before anything else. It was really great to see everyone again after so long. Hopefully I got you interested in Project M at least. Except for Dead Rogue.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
It's near Youngstown. About an hour and a half from Cleveland and Pittsburgh, I think slightly over an hour from Canton and Akron, and three hours from Columbus.

I'm fully aware of what I'd be getting into. Trust me, if I do this, I'm putting 100% effort into it. :) It may be the first tourney I run, but it wouldn't be the first time I've run a large event. I co-hosted a 50-person meetup with a friend last October.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Thanks for showing up all. It was fun.
That maybe a good idea to start out with melee. I got so tired by the time the smashfest was winding down, I probably couldn't of played melee if I tried.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, first church venue was free
second one was the only place that had an opening and was cheapest.

Plus they said we could come back some someday RAGE2 will exist u w u

Top Bottom