• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most ridiculously impractical recovery idea ever

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well...assuming it works....and people can pull it off consistently...who knows. But you don't have to listen to me. Here is the idea I was thinking about.

The Ganon SUPER Jump. You all know how to do that right? (Jump + Wizard's Foot REALLY close to the ground, helps to have your midair jump expended already).

Now...I heard somewhere that Bowser can Klaw Hop on blast zone floors to guarantee he survives first when suicide KOing.

Now, what if you can do a SUPER jump on the blastzone floor?

Not like anyone will actually be able to do it consistently if it even works...but just saying.

If this **** actually does work, and someone figures out ways to do it consistently on certain stages, I propose it be called "The rise of Ganon". Because literally. He's rising from the freaking dead. And this could boost his recovery so much that he'd rise on the tier lists LOL!

But as I was saying, this is probably the most ridiculously impractical recovery idea ever LOL.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Well...assuming it works....and people can pull it off consistently...who knows. But you don't have to listen to me. Here is the idea I was thinking about.

The Ganon SUPER Jump. You all know how to do that right? (Jump + Wizard's Foot REALLY close to the ground, helps to have your midair jump expended already).

Now...I heard somewhere that Bowser can Klaw Hop on blast zone floors to guarantee he survives first when suicide KOing.

Now, what if you can do a SUPER jump on the blastzone floor?

Not like anyone will actually be able to do it consistently if it even works...but just saying.

If this **** actually does work, and someone figures out ways to do it consistently on certain stages, I propose it be called "The rise of Ganon". Because literally. He's rising from the freaking dead. And this could boost his recovery so much that he'd rise on the tier lists LOL!

But as I was saying, this is probably the most ridiculously impractical recovery idea ever LOL.
I have not heard about the Klaw Hop on blast zone floors, and nor did I know that bottom blast zones even HAD floors, but if this technique is possible, I'm going to make it happen.

We Ganons are such a bunch of dreamers. LOL.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dude... To see Ganon fall to his doom, in the bubble of danger, totally helpless.
And then, suddenly he flies up again, like a god who came back to life.

That would leave me in tears of exitement . .

PoseidonsEnd

Smash Rookie
Dude... To see Ganon fall to his doom, in the bubble of danger, totally helpless.
And then, suddenly he flies up again, like a god who came back to life.

That would leave me in tears of exitement . .
Best thing I have read all day.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Scenario:
Ganon's hanging on the ledge of let's say FD.
Snake has placed a C4 and a mine right next to you.
...Ganon goes under FD :bee:

btw, nice sig Kalm! I like the spinning triforce-pieces.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Holy ****, Ganon going under FD! Repeated rise of Ganons -> recover to other side!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So, anyone have enough balls to actually test it out and see if it works? I suck and I don't have time to do that. =(

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
If someone cares to link me to a video of Bowser doing it than I'd be willing to try it out with Ganon.

TP

Smash Master
I don't think it has anything to do with Bowser's claw, sadly. Since the opponent dies first, Bowser goes back to neutral falling, since he is not using the move anymore, allowing him to do a regular jump.

In other words, /thread.

TP

Smash Master
I repeal my previous statement. I would test this now, but I'm too busy watching Cataclysm. Ninjalink is currently losing to Atomsk, 1-0 in Winner's quarters.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I swear, Ganon has the coolest tecs EVER! But i have a question...how would you be able to do it? you couldn't do wizkick cancel then jump could you?
Wizkick isn't necessary, it just makes FOG much easier to perform.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
How could this work is my only problem with jumping into this wonderful void Ganon Dreamery.
I tested characters that die at the same time as us, there's about half and the other half doesn't. So for Bowser it works b/c he doesn't die first, right? If I'm wrong here I'll retract the rest of my statment. The problem I see with this is if you die at the same time how would you cancel the F+B?

Or are wwe just gonna try and FoG out of H3LL?

:034:

Smash Hero
Problems:

1. The 'death zones' are never clearly visible.
2. The timing for the FoG WITHOUT ANY FORM OF AID (ie airdodge/wizkick cancel) is on a completely different level, not even comparable to the Klaw Hop, which is too easy.

It would ****, but doing this would be... improbable. So we should obviously try it.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Problems:

1. The 'death zones' are never clearly visible.
2. The timing for the FoG WITHOUT ANY FORM OF AID (ie airdodge/wizkick cancel) is on a completely different level, not even comparable to the Klaw Hop, which is too easy.

It would ****, but doing this would be... improbable. So we should obviously try it.
I like the way you think.

:034:

Smash Hero
Hey now... I just had an idea.

What if we do the EXACT SAME as NL is doing with his Bowser? We Ganoncide our opponent, drag them down into the abyss, hold down and mash Y-B (or however you want to activate FoG), making us come out of the abyss while our opponent goes to die.

We KNOW the opponent will keep going. It happens with the Cypher Gimp, and the Lavacides. This will take away the problem of killing ourselves with Wizkick, the timing and the fact that death zones aren't visible. Granted, it's still a gamble and not certain to work... But it might.

I'll test it after school, see what I got.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I tried it for like 40 minutes.
I wasn't able to pull it off ;/

Too hard when I can't see the floor.

btw, is it possible to buffer FOG out of an aerial attack?
It doesn't seem to work when I try it.

TP

Smash Master
btw, is it possible to buffer FOG out of an aerial attack?
It doesn't seem to work when I try it.
It is assumed to be possible, since there is no reason it shouldn't be, but nobody has ever done it. All we can do is out of a Wizkick roll or an air dodge.

ItemfinderDeluxe

Smash Cadet
Perhaps you could test for the blastzone floor using a character who can easily recover from that distance (Pit, possibly 3D & Kirby)? Float around the bottom to see how low you could actually go before dying, and then convert it into an approximate line where ROG could work from.

The Bowser thread also noted a couple of initial problems with blast-klawing (as I call it), and perhaps some of those issues might need to be addresed for ROG (some stages not working, controller ports, etc).

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
I spent a good 3-4 hours trying to klaw hop and fog blast zones, and for the last hour or so I moved the camera down to see the blast zone, but I had zero success doing either.
Has anyone else at least gotten klaw hop to work? Even looking at the blast zone I couldn't get it without slowing down.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
It is assumed to be possible, since there is no reason it shouldn't be, but nobody has ever done it. All we can do is out of a Wizkick roll or an air dodge.
Wrong. I have. But then again, that's only because I'm just THAT. D*MN. GOOD.

Both UAir and DAir can be used for ISJR, which means they can also be used for FoG. Maybe BAir too, but I can't remember.

P.S. - I WILL make this work. I like FD's idea, but I doubt it will work. The reason it worked for NL with bowser is because Bowser kills his foe before he dies. I think that Ganon might die WITH or even BEFORE his foe. Not sure.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So....nobody has actually tried to make sure you can infinite jump with Bowser on the blastzone floor? I'm just checking here because I have zero time to test stuff at the moment.

TP

Smash Master
Wrong. I have. But then again, that's only because I'm just THAT. D*MN. GOOD.

Both UAir and DAir can be used for ISJR, which means they can also be used for FoG. Maybe BAir too, but I can't remember.
Have you actually gone straight from an aerial into a FoG? If so, you really, really should have posted it in the FoG thread. I think I would have remembered if you did.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Have you actually gone straight from an aerial into a FoG? If so, you really, really should have posted it in the FoG thread. I think I would have remembered if you did.
Assuming you're talking about the same "straight from aerial into FoG" that I am - meaning UAir -> DJ -> FoG - then yes. As a matter of fact, it may have been UAir -> UAir -> FoG, but I'm not sure...it was months ago and it was only once. I've never connected an aerial with an opponent then FoGed, however. It's ridiculously hard to do, but I don't think I'm the only one (Swoops?)

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I'm gonna say I've given up, even if someone else manages it its near impossible to see the blast zone floor let alone time it.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
If I have no hope to come back I am gonna keep trying it. Not like save my last jump but if I'm doomed then I'm gonna try and get back in one glorious moment of hope.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna say I've given up, even if someone else manages it its near impossible to see the blast zone floor let alone time it.
Oh, so the blast zone is the KO area, right? Sorry, I've never heard it called that before. But, yes it does seem near impossible to do. I haven't tried it yet, but I feel like I'd be wasting my time trying to find the blastzone floor. Basically, I've given up before I've even started.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
Perhaps someone could use hacking to make the blast zone floor visable and/or alter the camera angle so that it could easily be seen.

I think that the possibilities are too good for this to be ignored. If this tech is possible, then Ganon could recover from gimping which could make some matchups easier.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh, I just now saw this thread. This would be awesome if it works. However, it will not work with the aerial choke since Ganon dies first. (To check, take two controllers, set it to one stock and do a choke. Ganon will always lose the match.)

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
theres a hack that allows you to play the game frame by frame... maybe this could be used to test it, in a fixed angle brawl find the frame u die at then do the flight of ganon 1 frame before that thext time u jump off
you can't fog with debug menu. Even if you could you can't bounce off the blast zone.

Top Bottom