• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Most Important Thread Ever*** READ!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Down Smash to Up+B to Down Smash is Not An Infinite Or Even A True Combo!

You Can Down Special Jump Off Items Like Nades Stop Asking Us How Snakeee Did It In That Vid.

STICKY PLEASE

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If I could sticky this, I would.

****, every single char board that has **** like this needs a thread like this stickied.

(Snake boards used to have "Double Cypher means you got footstooled" but I combined that into "read this before you even think of posting")

EDIT:
You should also add other things that are common mistakes.

sasook

Smash Champion
You know, while you have this, might as well turn it into the new Resource Center, seeing as the current one is really...overwhelming, tbh...and I'm not sure if it's even updated.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Fsmash is a terrible move. <----- Put it in.

lol Darkwater

noradseven

Smash Lord
NO EVEN IF YOU PLAY ZSS PERFECTLY SHE IS NOT THE POTENTIALLY BEST CHARACTER GOD****, IF SHE WAS THIS SUBFORUM WOULD BE A WHOLE LOT MORE POPULAR.

while we are at it.

OVER B IS NOT OUR BEST MOVE PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT IS ALL WE DO, HELL ITS NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 5 DEPENDING WHO YOU ASK.

a revision to ph00ts

F-SMASH IS OUR 4TH TAUNT.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I always thought that short hopped Dair was our 4th taunt.

A close to fully charged FSmash has the same kill power as a fresh Bair, and getting that is totally possible if you get a DSmash in.

sasook

Smash Champion
A close to fully charged FSmash has the same kill power as a fresh Bair, and getting that is totally possible if you get a DSmash in.
Dsmash doesn't stun the guy long enough for you to fully charge fsmash. Plus, just use the bair lol. Bair stale?

Well...

why on earth is it stale? Lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Dsmash doesn't stun the guy long enough for you to fully charge fsmash. Plus, just use the bair lol. Bair stale?

Well...

Because it's a good spacer... Anyways...
Angled down f-tilt > F-smash.

sasook

Smash Champion
True but...so stale to the point that it can't KO? Moves don't decay when they hit shields.

noradseven

Smash Lord

Well...

if its stale use over B and for the few times when both are stale then use f-smash, but unless your like daz or me and love b-air this should never happen, then again I don't think daz uses over B that much either soo....

but serioulsly oppenent trips reaction f-smash :D.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
True but...so stale to the point that it can't KO? Moves don't decay when they hit shields.
OK, imagine the scenario. They're on about 110% damage and you manage to DSmash them. They are now at 120%. Your Bair has been staled to the point where it kills at around 140%. Thus, charge FSmash for 1.5 seconds (NOT the whole way or it'll miss) and they'll die. With the Bair they'd live.

Though really, SH Dair makes a fantastic taunt; better than FSmash in that respect any day.

sasook

Smash Champion
OK, imagine the scenario. They're on about 110% damage and you manage to DSmash them. They are now at 120%. Your Bair has been staled to the point where it kills at around 140%. Thus, charge FSmash for 1.5 seconds (NOT the whole way or it'll miss) and they'll die. With the Bair they'd live.
I see what you're saying but...I really can't imagine the fsmash KOing if they DI.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Two things:

1) People can DI Bair as well.

2) You might be playing against someone who has no idea to DI.

Now, FSmash is for the most part a terrible move. In the vast majority of situations you have a better option. However, I believe that it has a couple of very situational uses, such as this one.

sasook

Smash Champion
Two things:

1) People can DI Bair as well.

2) You might be playing against someone who has no idea to DI.

Now, FSmash is for the most part a terrible move. In the vast majority of situations you have a better option. However, I believe that it has a couple of very situational uses, such as this one.
1) Yeah, but fsmash is easier to see coming due to the huge start up.

2) Well, we're talking about a competitive level here. I'll use ZSS' fsmash on my nub friends though :laugh:

And eh, I'm one of those there's-always-a-better-option kind of people. I just don't like the move at all.

Zero

Smash Hero
Moves definitely do not decay when you hit sheilds.
This man is correct.

So is SuSa.

Though really, SH Dair makes a fantastic taunt; better than FSmash in that respect any day.
Two hits of jab/second dsmash hit -> fair/bair. Two hits of jab will another 2 moves, and the fair is no joke either, especially near the sides of the stage. Better option.

Top Bottom