• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The most embarrassing thing you've ever done at school

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The mind works in mysterious ways...every once in a while the brain fails to comprehend what should be an extremely simple task.

Jammer

Smash Lord
The mind works in mysterious ways...every once in a while the brain fails to comprehend what should be an extremely simple task.
Yep yep! And other times, you find yourself doing amazing things when you don't even realize how you're doing it. Like playing a trumpet: Your brain hears the sound and is constantly adjusting all the little muscles in your face to get the sound you're aiming for. It's automatic and it's awesome.

Also, 90 pounds, omfgomfg? Wow, how old are you (I know you're not 57 like your profile says)?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
One day when I was in 5th Grade, at P.E. my class was playing another class in flag football. basically tackle football but instead of tackling the players you pull there flag. I had the ball and was running. suddenly, someone from the other class reached for my flag. Unfortunately he missed and pulled my pants slightly down. There I was. Girls were playing too. everyone saw. my class, the other class, and i was hoping severely that everyone would just forget about it. but one kid on the other team who i didn't like told EVERYONE. even my friends. it was so embarrassing!

Silent_Jester

Smash Journeyman
Amongest the darkest shadows everywhere and anywhe
Its true. The other day I forgot how to tie my shoe, but then was able to hear whispering from the other side of the gym. Im like daredevil. Giving up common knowledge that most 5 year olds know, to have super senses.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
lol

I just find the situation funny.

It took me until 4th grade to start tying my shoes. Kinda because I have thick fingers it was hard but, I never really put forth the effort.

I didn't mean any offense by that statement earlier, sorry that it seemed that way.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Its true. The other day I forgot how to tie my shoe, but then was able to hear whispering from the other side of the gym. Im like daredevil. Giving up common knowledge that most 5 year olds know, to have super senses.
I was just getting a bowl of cereal a few minuites ago. I put in the cereal, poured the milk, put it all away. Then I just stared down at my counter for a few seconds until finaly putting in the soon. lol.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I was just getting a bowl of cereal a few minuites ago. I put in the cereal, poured the milk, put it all away. Then I just stared down at my counter for a few seconds until finaly putting in the soon. lol.
It always happens to me that I run down to the basement to get something, then I forget what it was that I needed. I usually end up watching the washing machine rock around.

When I have my mind on something else, I'll just walk around my house, turning on and off lights, picking up stuff and moving it to another place, etc., and I won't remember at all what I had been doing. Sometimes I even do complicated chores like emptying the dishwasher without even knowing I did it. I think it's a type of highway hypnosis, where two different streams of consciousness go about their own business without communicating, resulting in amnesia of the task, while you can remember what you were thinking about while you were doing it.

To bring this back on topic, this thing sometimes causes me to enter the wrong classroom and sit down for class. It won't be until someone says I'm in their seat that I'll notice. If I'm thinking about an English paper, for example, I might head into my English class instead of going to lunch, where I should be.

I think this might be part of my ADD or something. I think that after taking medicine for my ADD, this has reduced in frequency.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Um walking into school one day i got hit by a car... thats kind of embarrasing cause you don't feel like explaining things over and over again to EVERYONE <_<

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Most embarassing for me is running into a pole face first in gym, then getting sent home >_>

Jammer

Smash Lord
I got knocked out in gym once, for about five minutes. It was in elementary school. I got a concussion, and the nurse had to come over. I had to be taken to my mother's car in a wheel chair because I couldn't walk steadily.

Not embarrassing, really. Well, I guess it was, because I was the one who head-butted the gym's concrete block wall. But it was offset by the fact that I was seriously injured.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
This isn't embarrassing at all, and I was quite well known for a while. It also turned out to be a perfect ice-breaker for conversations.

My friends and myself were riding home from school, and they started goofing around, nudging eachother and kicking eachother's pedals and things like that. I was riding in the front of the pack, near the curb (we were riding in the street.) Anyways, I'm riding, minding my business, and one of the people riding came up really quick and went to kick my foot. He ended up missing horridly and kicked the front tire rather hard.

The handlebars snapped left, but I corrected it before I lost it, however I had been so close the the curb at this point that I over corrected and it bounced against the curb and shot back out, going perpendicular again. The handle bars went under me.

I was wearing my helmet (Thankfully). Had I not, I probably would have died, because I hit directly and solely with the side of my head against the asphalt. I was going with such force that I actually ricocheted off of the ground like a skipping rock on a pond. Rebounded and I slid to a cracking halt against the corner of the curb with my face, knocking me out instantly.

Before I came to (under 8 seconds) my friends ended up having a pileup. The one who kicked me ran over my leg and fell on top of me. Our other friend ran into him and also fell onto me (which explains the curious rips in my jacket I later discovered). My eyes were already open, but it was pitch black and then the color glided back into place, like a weird movie affect. I sat up, and my face felt warm. It didn't hurt but I was losing blood profusely, like a timer it'd squirt out more through the bridge of my nose (Where the impact took place).

I sat down on the curb, laughing hysterically, screaming, "Holy sh**! I'm bleeding!" and laughing a lot more. This was just a few hundred yards away from the school and a bus driver saw me sitting there bleeding everywhere. He pulled up and got out, threw on some rubber gloves and started to clean me up and asking questions. Radioed the situation to the school and for some reason my vice principal and art teacher came to my aide (Weird.).

ANYWAYS, back to the point!

It happens to be my luck that a minute after the bus stops and helps me, a large group of students had rounded the corner by coincidence and they saw the scene. They saw a dude bleeding all over a bus driver, and the bus driver is freaking out to wit's end.

To cut it shorter, I got cleaned up, and sent to the hospital where I promptly received 11 stitches. 6 on my nose, 5 on my cheek. I heal within a week or so and I go back to school. Everyone was talking about this kid who, "Got hit by the bus!". I was intrigued and it took me half the day to find out they were talking about me! So, I had school fame and I heard endless jokes about buses for years. I could walk up to anyone and ask if they heard about the kid who got hit by a bus from my old school. If they did, I got to explain my story and it was a cool way to meet people.

Still to this day I can use that as a hot topic of discussion and it's always great fun.

On a less awesome note, though. To my great misfortune, my right eye has lost a lot color depth. Colors are less vibrant and lighter, and I lost a good amount of vision, in which, my left eye is around 15/20, and my right is around 16-18/20 vision =/

MattDel

Smash Apprentice
Cleveland, Ohio (who actually puts this here?)
This isn't embarrassing at all, and I was quite well known for a while. It also turned out to be a perfect ice-breaker for conversations.

My friends and myself were riding home from school, and they started goofing around, nudging eachother and kicking eachother's pedals and things like that. I was riding in the front of the pack, near the curb (we were riding in the street.) Anyways, I'm riding, minding my business, and one of the people riding came up really quick and went to kick my foot. He ended up missing horridly and kicked the front tire rather hard.

The handlebars snapped left, but I corrected it before I lost it, however I had been so close the the curb at this point that I over corrected and it bounced against the curb and shot back out, going perpendicular again. The handle bars went under me.

I was wearing my helmet (Thankfully). Had I not, I probably would have died, because I hit directly and solely with the side of my head against the asphalt. I was going with such force that I actually ricocheted off of the ground like a skipping rock on a pond. Rebounded and I slid to a cracking halt against the corner of the curb with my face, knocking me out instantly.

Before I came to (under 8 seconds) my friends ended up having a pileup. The one who kicked me ran over my leg and fell on top of me. Our other friend ran into him and also fell onto me (which explains the curious rips in my jacket I later discovered). My eyes were already open, but it was pitch black and then the color glided back into place, like a weird movie affect. I sat up, and my face felt warm. It didn't hurt but I was losing blood profusely, like a timer it'd squirt out more through the bridge of my nose (Where the impact took place).

I sat down on the curb, laughing hysterically, screaming, "Holy sh**! I'm bleeding!" and laughing a lot more. This was just a few hundred yards away from the school and a bus driver saw me sitting there bleeding everywhere. He pulled up and got out, threw on some rubber gloves and started to clean me up and asking questions. Radioed the situation to the school and for some reason my vice principal and art teacher came to my aide (Weird.).

ANYWAYS, back to the point!

It happens to be my luck that a minute after the bus stops and helps me, a large group of students had rounded the corner by coincidence and they saw the scene. They saw a dude bleeding all over a bus driver, and the bus driver is freaking out to wit's end.

To cut it shorter, I got cleaned up, and sent to the hospital where I promptly received 11 stitches. 6 on my nose, 5 on my cheek. I heal within a week or so and I go back to school. Everyone was talking about this kid who, "Got hit by the bus!". I was intrigued and it took me half the day to find out they were talking about me! So, I had school fame and I heard endless jokes about buses for years. I could walk up to anyone and ask if they heard about the kid who got hit by a bus from my old school. If they did, I got to explain my story and it was a cool way to meet people.

Still to this day I can use that as a hot topic of discussion and it's always great fun.

On a less awesome note, though. To my great misfortune, my right eye has lost a lot color depth. Colors are less vibrant and lighter, and I lost a good amount of vision, in which, my left eye is around 15/20, and my right is around 16-18/20 vision =/
wall... of... text...:psycho:

Jammer

Smash Lord
Everyone was talking about this kid who, "Got hit by the bus!". I was intrigued and it took me half the day to find out they were talking about me!
Awesome. Way to turn it into a great meeting-people opportunity.

When you tell people your story, do you say you were hit by a bus or you fell on your bike?

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, i dont have many stories, nor can remember them; my memori is one of my worst skills :s.
But i guess one a bit embarrasing is that im in a Catholic school, so they pray for everything, but im an atheist, so i just stand up for respect.

So, like a month ago these religious people(they are called the Hermanos(Brothers) and are like the founders or whatever of the school) to talk about religious life and that stuff of becoming a brother(like a priest) so they made a performance about this guy who didnt belive in god and such, the thing is that at the end one of them asks me to go infront of my entire generation, and i was like 'nah, choose someone else, i dont want to' and he says 'come on, do it' and i say ok, whatever, so eventually i go infront along with other people(like 3 more students), so my friends start to laugh and yell "Atheist!!" as a joke, it just was awkward cause i was basically hugging a guy dressed like Jesus xD, they even got photos of it.

The awkward thing is that it was in front of 6 classrooms, but like 5 minutes after i didnt care at all.

I guess my story isnt very interesting but i did my best trying to remmebr xD.

Jammer

Smash Lord
so my friends start to laugh and yell "Atheist!!" as a joke, it just was awkward cause i was basically hugging a guy dressed like Jesus xD, they even got photos of it.
I think the most embarrassing thing about this story is that your school has guys who dress up like Jesus.

Freaky school, if you ask me.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Your kidding me right? My school had a Halloween dance where we all wore our costumes to it. My friend dressed up as Jesus, and the DJ played one of our favorite metal songs. Long story short I moshed with Jesus.
Okay, but it wasn't Halloween at the time someone at that guy's school dressed up like Jesus. It was during some kind of ritualistic religious assemblage.

Winged Messiah

Smash Apprentice
At least it was first grade, you can get away with doing stuff like that xD. Now falling of the stage during a performance of Oliver Twist when your 15, now THATS embarrasing ^^.

Top Bottom