• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Controversial Thread on the Site! (Originally the Anti-Lucario/Pro Squirtle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Was bored so i quoted his 1st post and such.

I'm done debating with all of you Lamecario lovers. Here are 100+ pages about him. Read them if you dare, they'll contain all of the reasons why he has brainwashed this entire forum.

Reasons? we have proven EVERY SINGLE ONE of your reasons to be false so STFU

I can't wait to see Sakurai unleash his personal Final Smash onto Lucario
- THE BACKHAND OF DENIAL

Denial!? o my god O MY ****ING GOD seriously do you actually listen to your self?

I was right about Squirtle already. So when I prove everyone wrong about Lucario you're all going to feel really stupid for joining the bandwagon.

MEH not really you where not really right about Squirtle... he got in but not really for the reasons you mentioned.

And don't start all that "band wagon followers" **** you just say make any **** up, seriously what are you 5 years old?

See you later killjoys.....

Good riddance piece of ****

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of reasons to why Lucrio should not appear as a playable character in Brawl. Debaters are welcomed!

Not really seeing as you DO ignore us ALL the time

First of all, the Smash series is a way of bringing the greatest video game franchise all into one fighting arena. Mario vs. Link, Kirby vs. Pikachu, and of course... Mr. Game and Watch vs. Ice Climbers.

Yhea and? its mainly about bringing the greatest franchises biggest stars...

This game isn't just grabbing random video game characters like the Raz from Psychonauts or Parappa the Rapper. Its picking the most famous, and even the most important video game characters vital to Nintendo's existence.

True but you think the entire roster will be filled with people that are important as Mario Pikachu or Link?

With that said, we can move onto our first reason to why Lucario will not appear in Brawl.

1.) Lucario's importance to the Pokemon franchise

When Pokemon came out for the first time, it swept through the whole world. Almost every kid that had a gameboy was playing it. When the tv show came out, every kid was watching it. When the card game, toys, and shirts came out, every kid was buying it. Pokemon was a franchise that was surprisingly popular to the point that everyone knew what it was. Saying that, I'm sure everyone can agree that the Pokemon deserve to have a spot in the Smash roster.

Those events took place during the first generation of pokemon, and continued through the second generation as well. The first two generations were the most successful out of the four. Of course the first one provided most of the important Pokemon that has appeared in almost every Pokemon game. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Gengar, Muk, Tentacruel, Magmar, Electabuzz, Oddish, Zubat, Geodude, as well as many others, all have appeared in 3 out of 4 (or all four) Pokemon games. All of course starting out in the very first one.

So naturally you'd think the most recognizable would have appeared in the first game right?

But yet you ignore the fact that the 4th generation is set to out sell them ALL

Now lets move over to the newest generation of Pokemon. The fourth generation in my opinion is "The generation of Pokemon that's giving the franchise one more shot before they call it quits". Well there might be more games out after Diamond/Pearl, but I don't think as many people will care at that point. The only people that play the game at this moment are really young kids that get suckered into buying the game because its targeted towards them. Or the generation of people that were young when they first saw Pokemon, and because they are so into it they can't help but get it. Has anyone noticed 20-25 year olds playing this game now? I'm not trying to pick on them for being 20 and playing Pokemon, because I'm 20 and I REALLY want to buy the game. Its just something I noticed.

Yhea same point as before but it looks like you ignore the fact that lots of over 20 actually play PKMN... have you heard of the competitive scene?

So who isn't playing Pokemon then? My guess is older game players, players that moved on from Pokemon, younger adults that never got into Pokemon, and of course everyone that doesn't play gameboy games at all. So while almost everyone plays Smash Bros around the world, not everyone plays Pokemon. I bet 50% or less still play Pokemon on these boards. Which is still a lot, but also a lot who don't play as well.

Um... you do know how much the gamboys and DS's sell don't you? and ?? PKMN D/P has sold more than melee so just the newest alone (It hasn't even been out a year) has sold more than Melee.

Lucario.....

Lucario is part of this fourth generation. When I first saw Lucario's name on these boards I didn't know who he was. In fact none of my friends knew who he was either. My Dad knows who Charizard is because of the card game, but it would be silly to ask him who Lucario is. So other than these boards, not many people would give it a thought for Lucario to be in the game. Even if they did play the Pokemon game and Smash, saying Lucario should be in is like saying Alakazam should be in. While they both may be powerful characters, they hold no importance to the games continuing existence. Would Alakazam make sense if he popped up in the game as a playable? Not really, because his character is just your standard Pokemon. It isn't one of the starters, legendary, or famous Pokemon from the franchise.

Well i cant argue with your friends and dad can i? because they don't even have the ****ing game. And you make it sound as if Lucario is just some random Pokemon... well he isn't he is one of the most (If not the) most heavily marketed Pokemon of the 4th generation and has extreme popularity.

If Lucario never existed, the Pokemon franchise would have not suffered any loss. If Mewtwo never existed, the game would have been lacking a "final" boss in the Pokemon world. Not to mention he's the only evil pokemon out there.

Well actually he was more sort of a hidden boss the final boss was the last elite four member and he isn't evil actually.Now tell me if Pikachu never existed what would the franchise have lost? he could easily be replaced no problem.

2.) Lucario's Moveset

Movesets are extremely important when it comes to Smash. It provides skills as well as personality for characters. While some character have never been seen physically fighting, they have been provided a moveset which suits their personal style perfectly. Lets look at some examples.

- Link and Marth both use swords, but while Marth only uses his sword, Link uses kicks and various items.
- Bowser and DK are both heavyweights, but Bowser has a shell which provides him vavious attacks. Since DK has no shell, he can use kicks and headbutts.
- Ness and Mewtwo are both psychic, but Ness is much more physical and he uses weapons. Mewtwo has dark energy and his tail.

After looking over Lucario, I was wondering what type of moveset he would have. Here we have some similar characters, but they all seem different to me. Lucario on other hand is a fighting/steel pokemon, so what kind of new abilities would he be able to provide? Lets look at his movelist from the pokemon game.

1 Quick Attack Physical
1 Foresight Status
1 Detect Status
1 Metal Claw Physical
1 Dark Pulse Special
6 Counter Physical
11 Force Palm Physical
15 Feint Physical
19 Bone Rush Physical
24 Metal Sound Status
29 Me First Status
33 Swords Dance Status
37 Aura Sphere Special
42 Close Combat Physical
47 Dragon Pulse Special
51 Extremespeed Physical

While these moves may be good in the game. Most of them do not provide anything unique for Smash. Now here is a link to the Lucario shrine where they came up with his own moveset. Lets look at it.

Do not provide anything unique to smash? you do NOT know how Sakurai would implement them i mean look at how original quick attack is! just because you cant think of anything unique doesn't mean EVERYONE else cant.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78162

Here they actually made some unique modifications to his moveset. Aura Sphere, Feint attack, Inner Focus, seem cool, but overpowered. And most of his attacks are "like other characters". Though his front smash had an interesting effect. Now a lot of characters suffer from having similar attacks, but not for an entire moveset.

They are merely comparisons to give you a better understanding of what the move might look like / work like E.g. "Mario's fire balls i like links bow except they bounce" you see? stuff like that. (And most fan move sets are rubbish anyway)

Making up a great moveset for Lucario is very difficult. You see he is a fighting/steel type, and as we all may know the pokemon world contains tons of elemental styles. Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Poison, and Psychic all provide a more unique style than just a fighting type. Yes this is a fighting game, but pokemon provides many elemental abilities. Why not use someone that goes beyond punches, kicks, and some energy shots? Also Lucario acts like a human, so some more "instinctive" attacks are just out of his reach....

Actually he has a lot more going for him he can use EVERY pulse attack not the mention the Aura which could also have (some very unique effects) and there are different fighting styles you know... look at Mario and fox... and C.Falcon and DK they all use Punches and kicks but they are all vastly different from each other.
Now you see you where not as bad in this post as you where in your... more recent ones BUT the fact still remains 1. We answered your question but you ignored all 10 + pages of answers 2. YOU still haven't answered Stryk's post.

Now i don't know if your disabled or something but you can just admit that you where wrong... even if its something little just admit that you where wrong once.

Plus :

Assuming the point was valid to begin with. The Importance Criterium is irrelevant when we speak of Pokemon, because every Pokemon is by definition both relevant and completely irrelevant. Thus, we must rely on three things: marketing presence, popularity, and anime presence. Lucario has the first two in spades, and a decent amount for the last.
Besides, what old Pokemon character would you suggest?
Only Meowth would really work, fitting the popularity and anime criteria.

RDK

Smash Hero
You know what's sad? Lucario is immune to Poison type attacks... like toxic gas. Nuclear fart does exactly NOTHING to steel types.
LMAO

What now, Sandman?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Lego u shouldve posted that when he logs on tomorrow or whenever else he does. but it is convincing. hah u could keep reposting this just like Stryks with his.
dude u pulled a sandman haha: u didnt answer my question: how do u make a link as a pic? (but i dont blame u, u did all that contradicting crap XD)

EDIT: lol at Kaid

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well answer me why is a picture NECESSARY to your sig!?

XD Jking all you have to do is upload the image onto Photo bucket or something and the post the img code (Just go Photo bucket website create an account and click the upload on your account).

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
ooh. i didnt think of that. yet when i want to put something in bold i highlight it...I FAIL!!!
@Lego: *avoids question and logs off* hahaha
anywayz thanks guys.

EDIT: u dont really need to tell me the answer to this one cuz i feel im asking too much, but how do u make custom sig pics like these?
XD i put that one there on purpose

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
I've said it before and I'll say it again
You can argue all you want about his possible move sets or importance to the Pokemon franchise but what it all comes down to is looks, and Lucario just looks downright stupid, therefore he should not be in the game

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ok dude thats the stupidest thing ive ever read

kirby looks stupid he shouldnt be in brawl ohh look at yoshi OHHH look at wario.

TBH Lucario looks like a ble wolf

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Petey better not be playable.

I hate the fact that he's in the game, and I really hate it when characters aren't playable, but Toad isn't playable, so Petey shouldn't be either.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Look how big he is XD he is likely going to be the first boss you face in the Kirby version of it... and then he is gone.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea but what role will PC villains play if you select them?

Would Ridley be following the same agenda as the SA anyway? who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom