• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Most Controversial Thread on the Site! (Originally the Anti-Lucario/Pro Squirtle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I'm done debating with all of you Lamecario lovers. Here are 100+ pages about him. Read them if you dare, they'll contain all of the reasons why he has brainwashed this entire forum.

I can't wait to see Sakurai unleash his personal Final Smash onto Lucario
- THE BACKHAND OF DENIAL

I was right about Squirtle already. So when I prove everyone wrong about Lucario you're all going to feel really stupid for joining the bandwagon.

See you later killjoys.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of reasons to why Lucrio should not appear as a playable character in Brawl. Debaters are welcomed!

First of all, the Smash series is a way of bringing the greatest video game franchise all into one fighting arena. Mario vs. Link, Kirby vs. Pikachu, and of course... Mr. Game and Watch vs. Ice Climbers.

This game isn't just grabbing random video game characters like the Raz from Psychonauts or Parappa the Rapper. Its picking the most famous, and even the most important video game characters vital to Nintendo's existence.

With that said, we can move onto our first reason to why Lucario will not appear in Brawl.

1.) Lucario's importance to the Pokemon franchise

When Pokemon came out for the first time, it swept through the whole world. Almost every kid that had a gameboy was playing it. When the tv show came out, every kid was watching it. When the card game, toys, and shirts came out, every kid was buying it. Pokemon was a franchise that was surprisingly popular to the point that everyone knew what it was. Saying that, I'm sure everyone can agree that the Pokemon deserve to have a spot in the Smash roster.

Those events took place during the first generation of pokemon, and continued through the second generation as well. The first two generations were the most successful out of the four. Of course the first one provided most of the important Pokemon that has appeared in almost every Pokemon game. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Gengar, Muk, Tentacruel, Magmar, Electabuzz, Oddish, Zubat, Geodude, as well as many others, all have appeared in 3 out of 4 (or all four) Pokemon games. All of course starting out in the very first one.

So naturally you'd think the most recognizable would have appeared in the first game right?

Now lets move over to the newest generation of Pokemon. The fourth generation in my opinion is "The generation of Pokemon that's giving the franchise one more shot before they call it quits". Well there might be more games out after Diamond/Pearl, but I don't think as many people will care at that point. The only people that play the game at this moment are really young kids that get suckered into buying the game because its targeted towards them. Or the generation of people that were young when they first saw Pokemon, and because they are so into it they can't help but get it. Has anyone noticed 20-25 year olds playing this game now? I'm not trying to pick on them for being 20 and playing Pokemon, because I'm 20 and I REALLY want to buy the game. Its just something I noticed.

So who isn't playing Pokemon then? My guess is older game players, players that moved on from Pokemon, younger adults that never got into Pokemon, and of course everyone that doesn't play gameboy games at all. So while almost everyone plays Smash Bros around the world, not everyone plays Pokemon. I bet 50% or less still play Pokemon on these boards. Which is still a lot, but also a lot who don't play as well.

Lucario.....

Lucario is part of this fourth generation. When I first saw Lucario's name on these boards I didn't know who he was. In fact none of my friends knew who he was either. My Dad knows who Charizard is because of the card game, but it would be silly to ask him who Lucario is. So other than these boards, not many people would give it a thought for Lucario to be in the game. Even if they did play the Pokemon game and Smash, saying Lucario should be in is like saying Alakazam should be in. While they both may be powerful characters, they hold no importance to the games continuing existence. Would Alakazam make sense if he popped up in the game as a playable? Not really, because his character is just your standard Pokemon. It isn't one of the starters, legendary, or famous Pokemon from the franchise.

If Lucario never existed, the Pokemon franchise would have not suffered any loss. If Mewtwo never existed, the game would have been lacking a "final" boss in the Pokemon world. Not to mention he's the only evil pokemon out there.

2.) Lucario's Moveset

Movesets are extremely important when it comes to Smash. It provides skills as well as personality for characters. While some character have never been seen physically fighting, they have been provided a moveset which suits their personal style perfectly. Lets look at some examples.

- Link and Marth both use swords, but while Marth only uses his sword, Link uses kicks and various items.
- Bowser and DK are both heavyweights, but Bowser has a shell which provides him vavious attacks. Since DK has no shell, he can use kicks and headbutts.
- Ness and Mewtwo are both psychic, but Ness is much more physical and he uses weapons. Mewtwo has dark energy and his tail.

After looking over Lucario, I was wondering what type of moveset he would have. Here we have some similar characters, but they all seem different to me. Lucario on other hand is a fighting/steel pokemon, so what kind of new abilities would he be able to provide? Lets look at his movelist from the pokemon game.

1 Quick Attack Physical
1 Foresight Status
1 Detect Status
1 Metal Claw Physical
1 Dark Pulse Special
6 Counter Physical
11 Force Palm Physical
15 Feint Physical
19 Bone Rush Physical
24 Metal Sound Status
29 Me First Status
33 Swords Dance Status
37 Aura Sphere Special
42 Close Combat Physical
47 Dragon Pulse Special
51 Extremespeed Physical

While these moves may be good in the game. Most of them do not provide anything unique for Smash. Now here is a link to the Lucario shrine where they came up with his own moveset. Lets look at it.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78162

Here they actually made some unique modifications to his moveset. Aura Sphere, Feint attack, Inner Focus, seem cool, but overpowered. And most of his attacks are "like other characters". Though his front smash had an interesting effect. Now a lot of characters suffer from having similar attacks, but not for an entire moveset.

Making up a great moveset for Lucario is very difficult. You see he is a fighting/steel type, and as we all may know the pokemon world contains tons of elemental styles. Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, Poison, and Psychic all provide a more unique style than just a fighting type. Yes this is a fighting game, but pokemon provides many elemental abilities. Why not use someone that goes beyond punches, kicks, and some energy shots? Also Lucario acts like a human, so some more "instinctive" attacks are just out of his reach....

Lets compare a Pokemon with a completely different fight style than Lucario's. For this example we'll use Squirtle, a character that is a water type. No characters in Smash Bros use water yet, so already he is unique!

Squirtle

Strength: ***
Jumping: **
Weight: ***
Speed: ***
Traction: *

B: Bubble - Squirtle spits a bubble from his mouth. The bubble is the size of a turnip. It moves slowly straight forward, after a second it begins to float upward. It has no KO power, but it can be a handy projectile. Two can exist at one time (like Mario's fireball).

^B: Hydro-Mini - Squirtle spins rapidly upwards. As he is spinning water is shot around from the shell. Unlike Bowser's UpB, Squirtle's only hits them once in the air, and multiple times on the ground.

>B: Water Gun - Fires a quick small stream of water from his mouth. Projectile move straight and goes into a downward arc. As the water lands on the ground, that area becomes slightly slippery for two seconds. If it hits an opponent, it will hit them three times, but with no KO potential.

vB: Protect - Squirtle hides in his shell for a brief period of time. Timing of this move is very precise (like Roy's). If Squirtle hides as soon as he is attacked, he will slide away in his shell. Due to his low traction, he can slide far away without taking any damage. If he rams into a different opponent, they will be hit by a strong attack, and Squirtle can bouce off walls as well. If the timing is off though, he will be hit as if he wasn't guarding at all.

Nair: Goes into shell and spins
Uair: Spins elegantly and shoots a short guzzle of water.
Fair: One claw slash, then quickly another.
Bair: Quickly falls back to deliver a blow from his head.
Dair: Kicks rapidly downward.

Usmash: Rears his head back, and deals a strong headbutt attack.
Fsmash: Shoots a burst of water in front of himself. Low trajectory effects.
Dsmash: Goes into his shell and onto his back and spins rapidly. He performs a random pose after the spin to deliver a final blow.

Dash attack: Falls over and slides into opponent head first.

A: Little headbutt
Ftilt: Does a quick slash.
Utilt: Swings his tail upward.
Dtilt: Swings his tail downward twice.

Grab: By hand
Upthrow: Tosses them upward.
Downthrow: Throws them downward and lands on their back with his shell.
Fthrow: Jumps around them and throws them forward off his back.
Backthrow: Rolls along with them and throws them.

Final Smash: Hydro Pump - Squirtle fires multiple rounds of water like pokeball Blastoise. His water dramatically sends opponents off to the side and downward.

Taunt: Squirtle folds his arms and nods his head in a cool manner. He then says "Squirtle!"

So if you compared the two movesets, I would hope that some of you would find Squirtle more fun to play with. Squirtle has water moves, shell moves, kicks, slashes, headbutts, and some of his moves have attitude to it. Lucario is just not as exciting in my opinion. Fox makes sense when it comes to a bunch of kicking moves, because his games require him to be in a ship. But Lucario comes from a game where there are a lot of quirky characters, so why not use someone more exciting?

Not to mention everyone knows who Squirtle is.

3.) Lucario and Deoxys for Brawl!

These were the big two that were wanted for Brawl. Now... unless you've been deliberately avoiding the Smash site, then you'll know Deoxys has been turned into an item.

Has anyone been noticing a pattern here? Twilight Link, Twilight Zelda, Bridge of Eldin. Aha! They're all from the same game! What does that have to do with pokemon you say? Notice the last two announced have been from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Is it me, or does Sakurai have a pattern going on here? It seems like he’s picking one series and is particularly focusing on one game to represent the group.

Still think I'm wrong? What about Mario and Bowser? The models used in Smash are the same as the ones in Mario Galaxy. And Fox is the same Fox as he appears in Starfox Command.

Making Lucario playable would be completely rejecting the fact that there is a third pokemon game. Pikachu and Jigglypuff were from the first, Pichu was from the second, so where’s the third game? I'm not a fan of Blaziken or Deoxys, and he is going on a Ruby rampage here. Not to say someone from Ruby will be playable, its just someone from Pearl would be less likely to become playable.

If the legendary Deoxys couldn't make it in, what’s in store for Lucario? Lucario's fame can't compare to Squirtle's. Looking at some of these results I still have to say Squirtle, Charmander, and maybe even Bulbasaur have a better chance making it in.

4.) The Movies

This is always an excuse to why Lucario will make it in. So I figured I should mention it. The movie he has appeared in is called "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew".

Saying Lucario will be in the game because of a movie, is almost like saying Munchlax will be in the game because of a movie. Didn't Snubble have a short clip in the first movie? Shouldn't it be in the game then?

Seriously, if Lucario needs such a crutch like a movie to get him into a game... then... well... that’s just a shame. That's saying his character wasn't good enough on his own to be in Smash, so we'll rely on a movie instead.

His role in the movie wasn't that great either, in fact it was pathetic. It was the stereotyped "I don't like humans", he got taken out by Ash, he ran away from the regis even though he’s a fighting type, and he sacrificed himself for a tree.

Some people even have the nerve to say Lucario is better than Mewtwo! Well then lets look at Mewtwo's roll in the movie. He's actually evil, he controlled the planets weather, he pretty much took over the world, he made a pokemon army, and of course he actually managed to kill Ash! That's unheard of in the pokemon world! And doesn't he have a sequal?

Even without the movie, Mewtwo was the original best and very last Pokemon to get without cheating. Even today some consider him the be the most powerful pokemon in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. More than enough reasons to why Lucario shouldn't be in Brawl. I am positive there are areas in my logic that I haven't covered yet to why he shouldn't appear. But I'll let some of you respond first and maybe I'll answer some questions not covered in this post.

I hope some of you can see that it is unnecessary to place Lucario into this brilliant game.

We now have comics! Check them out!

Here's an example, drawn by my buddy Atticus. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN LUCARIO ENTERS THE BATTLEFIELD.

Here's another example, this one was drawn by me!

The rest were deleted because nobody else should suffer the way I have. I mean I did go against the all mighty Lamecario, oh what a crime I have commited. Having a different opinion sucks, but at least I'm not brainwashed like the rest of you are.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
You're trying to compare two completely diffirent Pokemon with the same potential, then you say "This ones better because I think so".

Wow, what a ***got.

You're missing the point. Lucario is a fighting type, he doesn't have anything unique to offer when he's just plain old fighting.

I could have chosen any Pokemon that is better and more worthy for the spot. Why not choose someone everyone can recognize? Why not choose someone with an interesting moveset?

We have enough "fighting" characters for Smash. C. Falcon, DK, and Mario fit that mold nicely. Why not throw in someone to represent Pokemon with some extra element to them? Why have a fighting character represent pokemon when there are so many more unique options out there?

skullkidd

Smash Ace
i have to give you credit for supporting your opinion very well, but super smash brothers isn't only about old-fashioned timely characters like squirtle.

SSB draws a lot from recent games as well, such as the link and zelda inspired by twilight princess.

the pokemon franchise will still be representing with the timely characters like pikachu and (most likely) jigglypuff. but, it does not hurt to stick lucario in there, who will please fans of him already, and maybe draw the attention of others to the newly released pokemon games.

You're missing the point. Lucario is a fighting type, he doesn't have anything unique to offer when he's just plain old fighting.
But that should rule him out. Just because he isn't unique doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered.

I could have chosen any Pokemon that is better and more worthy for the spot. Why not choose someone everyone can recognize? Why not choose someone with an interesting moveset?
Just because a character doesn't derive from a fighting style doesn't mean it can't be unique. Unique doesn't cator towards any specific type of moveset, fighting or not.

We have enough "fighting" characters for Smash. C. Falcon, DK, and Mario fit that mold nicely. Why not throw in someone to represent Pokemon with some extra element to them? Why have a fighting character represent pokemon when there are so many more unique options out there?
A character who fights can still be unique. Uniqueness isn't limited to a specific character.

Unique=/=good.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
yay! someone else would enjoy squirtle in brawl. i really think that squirtle would be soo much more fun than lucario. so many different things could be done with squirtle where as lucario would just be punches and kicks and maybe a pulse move. but with squirtle, you could make his water attacks do different things to make his fighting style different from other fighters. mewtwo was made with a completely different style and it works so good for him. if they were able to do that with mewtwo, then another type of pokemon should be no problem besides just throwing a fighting poke in.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was gonna yell at you for making an Anti-*character* topic, but Squirtle is way too cute.

You get a gold star.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
It seems to me like Sakurai is giving more characters some attitude. Look how wacky Wario has become now. I think Squirtle could give a very cool attitude for the players to see.

Not just Squirtle though, any of the starters would be very good for the game to have. I always found it odd that Smash never had a starter pokemon playable.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
3.) Lucario and Deoxys for Brawl!

These were the big two that were wanted for Brawl. Now... unless you've been deliberately avoiding the Smash site, then you'll know Deoxys has been turned into an item.

Has anyone been noticing a pattern here? Twilight Link, Twilight Zelda, Bridge of Eldin. Aha! They're all from the same game! What does that have to do with pokemon you say? Notice the last two announced have been from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Is it me, or does Sakurai have a pattern going on here? It seems like he’s picking one series and is particularly focusing on one game to represent the group.

Still think I'm wrong? What about Mario and Bowser? The models used in Smash are the same as the ones in Mario Galaxy. And Fox is the same Fox as he appears in Starfox Command.

Making Lucario playable would be completely rejecting the fact that there is a third pokemon game. Pikachu and Jigglypuff were from the first, Pichu was from the second, so where’s the third game? I'm not a fan of Blaziken or Deoxys, and he is going on a Ruby rampage here. Not to say someone from Ruby will be playable, its just someone from Pearl would be less likely to become playable.

If the legendary Deoxys couldn't make it in, what’s in store for Lucario? Lucario's fame can't compare to Squirtle's. Looking at some of these results I still have to say Squirtle, Charmander, and maybe even Bulbasaur have a better chance making it in.
SSBM was released in 2001, while Pokemon R/S was released in 2003, so this may have something to do with it.

I just wish all 493 Pokemon were in Brawl somehow...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It seems to me like Sakurai is giving more characters some attitude. Look how wacky Wario has become now. I think Squirtle could give a very cool attitude for the players to see.

Not just Squirtle though, any of the starters would be very good for the game to have. I always found it odd that Smash never had a starter pokemon playable.
The problem I find with a starter pokemon being playable is that it implies that one of the starters is better than the rest. For example, in the case of Blaziken (since so many people seem to like it for whatever reason), what makes it more worthy of a spot on the roster than Swampert and....whatever the grass-type third evolution thingy is (forgive me, I never played Ruby/Sapphire)?

In my very personal opinion, one starter pokemon should not get recognition that the other two do not. No special treatment. That's why I've always thought it was perfectly fine for them to just stick to the pokeballs. For this reason, I actually consider starters and legendaries such as the legendary birds to be the worst choices for Smash characters. But that's just me.

skullkidd

Smash Ace

well, smash never had starter pokemon playable because then you would need all 3! and then there are more from the other generations!

but, why not marill instead of squirtle?
both are water types...
and he was the pikachu of the second generation
(as lucario is of the fourth)

EDIT: yeah, nothing rhymes beat me to the all three starter thing...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Pickachu was your starter in Yellow.
Which was based off the Anime.

Pikachu had already been established as Pokemon's mascot by then. And in Yellow, there weren't other pokemon for you to choose from, so Pikachu isn't in competition with anyone. Where as, say, Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur would be.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'd love to see Squirtle in, but it won't happen because of the same reasons as Blastoise. (He is a starter.)

I would love to see a water type in, though...and p.s.-Lucario is too much like Fox and Sheik for my taste...

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
Touche.

Back to the original post, I do think Lucario has a decent chance of getting in. Although, when I was playing Melee, way back in the day, I did not think for one second I would be fighting Mewtwo. So, I have no idea what to expect anymore

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
The thing is, every pokemon game has a starter pokemon. Its important to all of the series to have a starter pokemon. Especially since its always Water, Fire, and Grass. So why not represent the idea that a starter type appears in every game?

Of course Marill was mentioned earlier, and yes he would be a good pick as well. Anyone with a more unique style of fighting would be better than a "fighting" pokemon.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The thing is, every pokemon game has a starter pokemon. Its important to all of the series to have a starter pokemon. Especially since its always Water, Fire, and Grass. So why not represent the idea that a starter type appears in every game?
Because they're all different pokemon. We come back to the problem of "What makes this starter more worthy?"

Because of starter pokemon being what they are, I personally feel that they are in direct competition with each other in terms of getting a spot in a game like Brawl. If one of the starters was somehow worthy of representing the idea of starters as a whole, that would be great, but how do you decide who is the best representative?

Say you put Charmander in. What makes him more worthy to represent the starters of Kanto than Squirtle or Bulbasaur? Or even, what makes him worthy to represent the "fire starter"? What does Charmander have that Cyndaquil, Torchic and Chimchar do not?

This is still all just my opinion though.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
They need to have atleast one pokemon from each generation of games, so Lucario can be considered. And you say that just because he is fighting type, he is not unique? lol....do you not know how many different kinds of fighting techniques and styles there are in the world? MANY I tell you, and those could be put into any character's play style. Its the technique/style that makes the character unique, not just becuase oh its just fighting...........>_>.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well...they have a lot of catching up to do...because so far they only have 1st gen. (which are the best, IMO)

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Because they're all different pokemon. We come back to the problem of "What makes this starter more worthy?"

Because of starter pokemon being what they are, I personally feel that they are in direct competition with each other in terms of getting a spot in a game like Brawl. If one of the starters was somehow worthy of representing the idea of starters as a whole, that would be great, but how do you decide who is the best representative?

Say you put Charmander in. What makes him more worthy to represent the starters of Kanto than Squirtle or Bulbasaur? Or even, what makes him worthy to represent the "fire starter"? What does Charmander have that Cyndaquil, Torchic and Chimchar do not?

This is still all just my opinion though.
I understand your point. Now out of the three starters, I can see why it would be tough to choose one over the other two. For example we'll use Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander. In my opinion all three are good for the game.
Squirtle - Water, Bubbles, Headbutts, and Shell attacks make him unique.
Charmander - Fire attacks, and Fire Tail make him unique
Bulbasaur - Vines, Leaves, Powders, and Solarbeam make him unique.

All three can be given an interesting moveset. I just personally picked Squirtle because I felt he has the most options to have a more diverse attack list for Smash. Bulbasaur is my favorite of the three, but I still made more comments about Squirtle because his moves are better for the game.

I feel if any one of them appeared, I think everyone would be happy about it. The idea that a starter pokemon made it into the game would just be exciting. Especially if they're from the first game.

But that leads into the next issue. How can you determine which starter from which game should be represented?

So lets take your fire starters for example Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic and Chimchar. First of all we should look into the moment they made into the franchise. My opinion a character from the fourth gen has no chance of getting in. So for me I would take out Chimchar.

That leaves the other three, Charmander, Cyndaquil, and Torchic. Now we have to look into a good move set.

Charmander has various Fire attacks, Fire tail, claws, bites
Cyndaquil has fire attacks, maybe some extremely short ranged kicks and swipes
Torchic would have fire attacks, pecks, claws, and maybe a wing attack.

So out of the three I think making a good move set would be easiest/best with Charmander or Torchic. Charmander has seniority and fame, but Torchic could get in since Sakurai is going on a Ruby Rampage.

Its tough to say, I'm not sure which starter could get in. Looking at all of them, these are the starters I feel like they could mostly get in.

Squirtle, Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, and Torchic.

Characters on all four probably won't make it in. Some others just lack decent moves or appendeges to make it in. Treecko could be really neat though.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
No, they have both 1st gen and 2nd gen, which is the weakling Pichu lol. They should replace him with another 2nd gen, and add 2 more from 3rd/4th gen.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Hmmm well this gets into another issue which I forgot to mention. How many Pokemon will appear in Brawl?

Well the largest, most important franchises deserve at least 3 characters in my opinion.

Mario - Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach
Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
Kirby - Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede
Metroid - Samus, Zero Samus, and Ridley

As for Pokemon, this is what I see.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, ????

I think only one other Pokemon may make it in. I can't see them making 5 or more pokemon characters playable, it just wouldn't make sense to me. That would mean there would be more Pokemon in the Pokemon franchise than the characters in the Mario franchise. Technically Mario has more, but those characters belong to different franchise now. So in my opinion, no one can surpass Mario.

Who will fill in that last space? 1st gen is most noticable, but the other gens should have a time to shine as well. Remember, there can only be so many characters.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I am delusional >_> lol, yes Pichu as a 2nd gen rep is stupid, but you can't deny that he is the ONLY 2nd gen character in melee, which sux. Thats why they need a new one.....I dont like to think of him as the 2nd rep, but w/e he is there.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
LOL you know what they should do, well I dont know if Nintendo will follow the need for pokes from the 4 gens, but if they do and include jiggly and mewtwo, they should just put all 4 characters into one like the ice climbers ....>_> lol just a stupid idea I came up with lol. So they wont have like 6 Pokemon characters....

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
I'm going to update this thread with some more Pokemon examples later tonight. That way we can get rid of some of the confusion about how I want more "older gen" pokemon rather than just Squirtle. Squirtle was the best example I have though, but others should be noted.
So far my list contains

Squirtle
Charmander
Meowth
Totodile
Marill
Treecko
Torchic

I'll take some other suggestions, but I don't want this thread overwhelmed with them okay? Remember, pick famous characters with a good moveset!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
There are valid points why Squirtle cannot be in the game, other than the fact that starter pokemon have already been pokeball items, in one form or another. This tradition still stands.

While it could be fun to have a starter as playable, it simply would not be fair to either include just one of the three, or to include all three. The latter means that Pokemon would overpower game series like the Mario games or Zelda series.

Wrath`

Smash Master
i like how you are anti-lucario,but your posted reasons are well CRAP. sorry but i think you just plain hate lucario,but whatever...

about the stupid starter stuff. just because they are starter pokes,does not mean they will be imidiatly pokeballed, i mean it has been a pattern,but did sakura come out and say all starters have been confined to a poke ball? NO. and if one starter is more popular then yes it is better in the eyes of the public.Poularity is ussaly what makes something better,whether or not it is,popularity does that

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
bah Squirtle would suck since we aredy have jigglypuff,Pikachu and Mewtwo
from the first generation of pokemon

so if you want a water type starter Tododile or his evolution would be a better choise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom