• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mole - Officially Canceled

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Questions:

Does the entire group have to be together for it to count as having saved Eor? Ie: if I let Medi off at A1 so he could sweep the coast of the lake, which I can't check. Medi finds him at, I dunno, B4. Has our group won? Or does he have to call in the rest of us?

Also, does the group leader still have power over his men if they're out of the car, or do they become independent?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Questions:

Does the entire group have to be together for it to count as having saved Eor? Ie: if I let Medi off at A1 so he could sweep the coast of the lake, which I can't check. Medi finds him at, I dunno, B4. Has our group won? Or does he have to call in the rest of us?

Also, does the group leader still have power over his men if they're out of the car, or do they become independent?
When people leave a vehicle they can move on their own but they can only walk.

If someone finds Eor then they will be told they did, and then it is their responsibility to tell everyone else they did. And then for each pre-set group (leader and set followers) that make it to Eor, you will earn reward money.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
You can choose ANY grid to start at, and any grid you pass through you will survey to try to find Eor.
Does this mean that if the car group goes from A0 to C0, we've also checked B0 since it was along our route?

Also, can players on foot swim? Or are the water zones entirely up to the boat group?

Finally, please nobody make any moves yet. We ought to plan this out thoroughly before doing anything.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Does this mean that if the car group goes from A0 to C0, we've also checked B0 since it was along our route?

Also, can players on foot swim? Or are the water zones entirely up to the boat group?
Yes you see the things that you pass through, and no you cannot swim.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Okay guys, me and EE worked out a **** good plan.

I've got Christmas shopping to do now, but I'll post it once I get back.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Alright, guys. Here's the plan that EE and I worked out.

We started with a few basic premises.

First of all, we think there's a definite possibility that the mole has the ability to kill Eor. However, there is a very easy way to eliminate this danger. We simply have to stay in groups of at least two, and whoever the mole is, he will not be able to kill Eor without being observed by the other person in his group.

Because we're going to be staying in groups anyway, we might as well just stay in the ones we've already selected.

Now, the second premise is that we might not just have to find Eor within 25 moves. We might have to get him off the map. Notice square J2. The road leads off the map. I have a hunch that we'll need to get Eor there and make sure he gets out of the area.

The third conclusion is the most important. Between the two of them, the car and the boat have the ability to cover every square on the map, except square E7. So, why not let them, and then have the helicopter check E7?

Below is my planned routes for the car and the boat, taking all this into account. The car route is pink, begins at A9, and ends at J2. The boat route is light blue, begins at E5, and ends at J8.

After the end of their routes, everyone will still have enough time to reach the exit. The boat team will have 12 turns left to walk to the exit, more than enough. The car team will have fewer turns left, but much less far to walk. The helicopter team will have almost all their turns left, so they should be able to get to the exit easily.

Now, I think we should execute this plan in stages. The first stage would be the boat team executing their complete route. This is so that, no matter where they might find Eor, the car or helicopter team will have the maximum amount of time to get him out, no matter what twists Tom chooses to throw at us. Then, if they have no found Eor, the car team will complete their route up until the F9 square. They will stop there, and wait for the helicopter to check E7, since it does not have a road. If Eor is at E7, the car team will then pick him up. If he is not, the car team will continue along its route, while the helicopter waits on standby. By the end of the car team's route, Eor will have been found.

The reason I only have the helicopter making one move is so that, in case Tom throws something really weird at us, we will be able to get the helicopter to Eor and let him fly himself out.

I think this is a sound plan. If anyone deviates from it without giving a **** good reason, I will probably consider them to be the Mole.

smashbot226

Smash Master
*Pulls out magnum and a pair of sunglasses*

Time to sink someone's battleship.

----------

So, Rockin, shall we keep to the water and see what we can find?

And that sounds like a good plan. I'll go with it.

Hmm, if we DO find Eor, there better not be a vote-off, or I'm screwed-

I'm probably the least important one here, lawl.

And knowing Tom, he'll probably do what... I... just...

F*CK.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Also, when I say, "kill Eor", what I really mean is that the mole might be able to eliminate him from the game.

Obviously, within the context of a game show like The Mole, no one is going to get murdered.

Handorin

Smash Hero
In Tom's description, he says we must reach him to get the money, and I assume it means per group. Your plan doesn't really leave into account that the one of the groups could easily find Eor, but leave another with (possibly) not enough to reach him (or reach him and "escape" per your idea)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
In Tom's description, he says we must reach him to get the money, and I assume it means per group. Your plan doesn't really leave into account that the one of the groups could easily find Eor, but leave another with (possibly) not enough to reach him (or reach him and "escape" per your idea)
The money all goes into the pot, Handorin. We don't have any money individually.

Your complaint doesn't make sense.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You arnt going to assume he is splitting the money per group?

Ex: 3000 max for pot
Grp1- Finds Eor - $1k
Grp2- Does not- $0
Grp3- Finds- $1k
Total- $2k goes to pot

It makes perfect sense

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, apparently there is some more information that I am not aware of.

If you're not interested in being part of the plan, Handorin, you don't have to involve yourself. We can execute it without you.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Triple post!

Also, Handorin, keep in mind that you have probably the least useful vehicle. It might benefit you to go along with this plan, even if only out of self interest.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I said that stuff to help your plan, not bash it.

And I am almost positive he will split the pot.

And I dont see how I have them least useful vehicle when I can cover about half the map in 5 turns, and then I can just hop in the boat/car later.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
And I dont see how I have them least useful vehicle when I can cover about half the map in 5 turns, and then I can just hop in the boat/car later.
Actually, you can cover 35 squares. That's a good amount, but not half.

In any case, your criticism is appreciated. Sorry that I misunderstood. I'm just not sure what you're suggesting we do about it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Handorin, we have plenty of challenges left and since we've managed to tank on the last couple I'd say we all go with the one that gives us the autowin..

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Evil Eye uses 5 turns to take the car from A9 to F7, following Mediocre's plan. He then gets everyone out of the car and uses 1 turn to walk to E7 on foot.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Alright, guys. Medi and I had a hunch that Eor would be hidden in this general area, and since the water team came up with nothing (I was thinking one of the shorelines, personally) the one square reachable neither by road or water became of interest.

Eor is at E7

As far as I can tell, there is no further trickery, but we get more money if more people get to Eor. So come on, let's go.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well why don't you guys come over here, instead of delaying the increase of our money and completion of the challenge for god knows what reason?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If anyone sent me actions by AIM I probably lost them when breakwing took the computer. so please send them via PM or summin.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'd lol if it was a decoy/dummy Eor.
It would take you only one turn to come over and check it out, and then you can report back to everybody else.

Eor is at square E7, and there are no bombs attached to him.

There's nothing to be gained by delaying this. We really don't have any more information than you guys do, so I don't know how we could convince any of you to come over here if you've decided your unwilling.

You can either take a small risk (a single turn in the helicopter) and trust EE, KevinM and me, or you can decide that, no, a single helicopter movement turn isn't worth risking for the chance of almost doubling the pot.

That would be a really strange and suspicious decision, but you could make it. It's up to you.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
There are three of us here. I fail to see how the Mole would convince his teammates to help him sabotage the pot.

From where I'm standing, only the Mole has a reason to not head to square E7.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It would take you only one turn to come over and check it out, and then you can report back to everybody else.

Eor is at square E7, and there are no bombs attached to him.

There's nothing to be gained by delaying this. We really don't have any more information than you guys do, so I don't know how we could convince any of you to come over here if you've decided your unwilling.

You can either take a small risk (a single turn in the helicopter) and trust EE, KevinM and me, or you can decide that, no, a single helicopter movement turn isn't worth risking for the chance of almost doubling the pot.

That would be a really strange and suspicious decision, but you could make it. It's up to you.
Just saw this post because my browser was being a **** yesterday.

I wasnt implying you guys were trying to fool us. I meant I would lol if the mole/Tom put him there.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, we're not, and you're not implying it, so why aren't you here!?

We don't win the challenge unless you get your *** over here. It's very simple.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, we're not, and you're not implying it, so why aren't you here!?

We don't win the challenge unless you get your *** over here. It's very simple.
The real question is, why hasnt Tom moved me there. I submit my IM/PMs already.

Top Bottom