• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MMA thread. Lesnar is out. TOO MANY INJURIES!

Olikus

Smash Champion
My bad. Meant Biggest test. Not first big test. Matt Hamill is one of UFCs best wrestler, and Jones threw him around like a little girl. Bader gives his opponent a change to get up, while Jones just finish them. So have to go for Jones in that fight. But ofc, its probably going to be a thriller.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Im calling it right now. If Jones doesnt finish Bader quick, its going to go to decision and Bader is going to win

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Anyone watch Aldo vs Gamburyan like last week. I missed it. Also is anyone going to watch Nick Diaz vs K.J. Noonz? Im not going to be able to watch it so I would appreciate it if someone watched it and told me about it

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
well thats kinda interesting. what started this feud??
Friendly competition. Ellis may be Carwin's biggest supporter (and biggest Brock hater, calling him **** Chestner for his phallus-shaped chest tattoo). Ellis runs an annual amateur MMA show with ridiculous stipulations, and Carwin wants to raise money so....

Gaara♥

Smash Master
That phallus-shaped tattoo has taken out many fierce competitors ^_^

Also like I said I wasnt going to watch the strikeforce match today but apparently Nick Diaz won via unanimous decision. Is the fight actually worth watching? Otherwise im waiting for Bisping vs Akiyama. I really like that its a free event but the main event is the only fight im looking forward to.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
So glad Nick Diaz won last night. I've been a fan of his for 7 years.

Velasquez has a solid chance to beat Lesnar. It'll be Lesnar's toughest fight yet.
Whoever wins that fight will lose to Junior Dos Santos, though, so it hardly matters.
Dos Santos will hold that belt for a few years, I think.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i have been watching carlos condit fights and now im looking forward to him smacking dan hardy

Olikus

Smash Champion
Not long to ufc 120! Looking forward to see Akiyama. He has got fight of the night in both his ufc matches. An entertaining fighter to watch.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Cant believe Nam Phan won the fight against Spencer. Also Bruce Leeroy is such a ***** lol its pretty funny

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
One would go about finding his real name by watching the Ultimate Fighter. It pops up whenever he gives a confessional. His name is Alex something. I don't remember the last name but it started with 'C'.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
UFC 120 THOUGHTS!!!

I didn't know a lot of the fighters on this card so it made for an interesting and unbiased event for me... having saying that I really don't remember any fights except the condit vs hardy and bisping vs akiyama

Carlos ' the natural born killer ' Condit vs Dan ' the outlaw ' Hardy.... OMFG I recently watched a few Carlos Condit fights and I was very impressed so I chose him to win the fight. Dan Hardy impressed me with how tough he was and he has an incredible chin.... that being said..... OMFG I thought Dan Hardy was starting to get the better of the striking until he got KTFO by Condit. Brutal knockout. Condit is no joke man!

Michael ' The Count ' Bisping vs ' Sexiyama ' Yoshihiro Akiyama... Akiyama looked really good the first round and landed some good solid strikes but he was not even close to the same fighter in the 2nd and 3rd round. I chose Bisping to win this fight but I really really wanted Akiyama to win. I knew that neither of them would knock out the other so I figured Bisping would get the decision.... and he did.

What are all your thoughts??
Also UFC 121 LESNAR VS VELASQUEZ is NEXT SATURDAY! Fights include:
Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez
Jake Shields vs Martin ' The Hitman ' Kampmann
Paolo Thiago vs Diego ' The Nightmare ' Sanchez
Tito ' The Huntington Beach Bad Boy ' Ortiz vs Matt ' The Hammer ' Hamil
Brendan ' The Hybrid ' Schaub vs Gabriel ' Napao ' Gonzaga
Even the preliminary fights are good. The debut of
Court ' The Crusher ' Mcgee vs Ryan Jensen
AND
Patrick Cote vs ' Filthy ' Tom Lawlor
A pretty amazing card!

Snump

Smash Rookie
Yeah Condit really shut Hardy up!
And Akyiama can take a shot... Bisping caught him with countless of flush right hands without even rocking him badly...

You guys should keep an eye of Alexander Gustafsson... He dismantled the great striker ciyrille diabaté
standing, and had a GnP clinic on the ground before submittiong him in the second round (ufc 120). And he´s only 23 years old!

I´m really looking forward to 121 when Martin Kampmann wins over shields to be the first scandinavian to get a title shot in the ufc, Tito to get his arrogant *** KTFO by the nice Hammil, paulo vs diego, And if gilbert Yvel does something stupid again :p

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I really really hope Kampmann puts the smackdown on Shields. Also I remember Dana While saying that Chris Lytle would get the winner of shields vs kampmann and that fight would be for number 1 contender because jon fitch is pissing off dana white. Then I remember dana white saying if shields beats kampmann then he is getting an automatic title shot.... who knows whats true anymore?!

Olikus

Smash Champion
Yeah, Fitch doesn't get the title shot only because he's not BFF with White. Since 2002 he has only lost to GSP, but everyone lose to that guy. He has one of the best newer statistic in UFC history. Even if you like him or not. The man deserves a title match not to long ahead in the future. Maybe its also because many of he's matches are very even. But a win is a win.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I love Jon Fitch. Dana White is mad at him for saying he wont fight any of his team mates. If he is number 1 contender and then Koscheck beats GSP for the title, Fotch says he will move up middleweight to avoid fighting his friend. Apparently he has said this many times before and Dana White being mad is not unprovoked.

Olikus

Smash Champion
UFC 121 Weigh in

Brock Lesnar give us your thoughts on how its gonna be tomorrow. Brock Lesnar: Brock Lesnar is getting his hands raised, Thats exactly how its gonna go.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Looking forward also to tito against Hamill. And interesting match up.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
My Predictions for 121!!

Lesnar will TKO or get the unanimous decision over Cain
Kampmann will TKO Shields (GOD I HOPE SO)
Matt Hamill will KO Tito Ortiz
Gonzaga will KO Schaub
Sanchez will get a split decision victory over Thiago

Olikus

Smash Champion
Surprising...

Even if Lesnar wasn't convincing at all in his previous fight against Carwin, I didnt see this coming. He has the advantage of being bigger than the others, but Cain is simply a better fighter atm.

Cain against carwin would be a epic match. I really hope they will meet next year.

And to bad with the hitman, so close...

Gaara♥

Smash Master
UFC 121 THOUGHTS!

Gabriel Gonzaga looked completely outclassed by Brendan Schaub. I thought Schaub would have been a lot more aggressive after noticing he was completely dominating Gonzaga, but getting any kind of victory is good.

Matt Hamill definitely surpassed his former teacher Tito Ortiz in this fight. I dont think Ortiz got 1 successful takedown but Hamill scored many take downs and did a lot of ortiz style ground and pound. I was pleased with the outcome

Sanchez vs Thiago really could have gone either way but it was kinda nice seeing sanchez return to what he did in lightweight at welterweight

Jake Shields is probably the most over rated super hyped up fighter in the UFC as of right now. Kampmann got out of all his submission attempts and landed SOME good knees but still lost via split decision. I take comfort in knowing that his next fight he will get smashed.
and finally...

Lesnar vs Velasquez. I really really think that Lesnar, dispite all his training, didn't take Cain seriously at all AT FIRST. Last time Lesnar used a flying knee was again Heath Herring in a fight that Lesnar completely dominated. He came out this fight with guns blazing and got SILENCED! Didnt expect that at all but congratulations are in order.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Lesnar started the match like a crazy tornado. He should have been more patient. I also think he took Cain to lightly. It was a dangerous tactic that didn't pay well off.

Snump

Smash Rookie
I loved the start when lesnar ran into cain like a truck, and it looked like he hit a brick wall!
Cain looked so much smaller but easily stuffed the takedown attempt.

I like JDS but i have a hard time seing him beat cain...
and i wonder whats left for brock

Hahaha brocktober

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Brocktober ends earlier I guess. I remember watching the fight and when the camera kinda panned out, you can see Brocks head was about 3 times as big as Cains

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm SO glad at last night's results.

I won money on Cain. I've been calling that win for like a year now.
JDS will beat Cain in the spring, I think.

Diego vs Paulo Thiago was a SICK fight. What fun.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Heavyweight division is soooooo stacked now. It always sucks when a former champion loses and then has to work his way up to the top again maybe. Its like going to a national smash tournament and M2K loses in the first round and then runs through the losers bracket to make it to grand finals

Olikus

Smash Champion
So funny when Lesnar fell twice. It was like he was standing on a floor full of slippery soap.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I was pretty shocked at the beating Lesnar took too.

He just got dominated.

Did anyone see that Undertaker interview after the fight?

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I saw him in the audience when they showed him on camera but I didnt see an interview. Was it interesting?? I remember when Lesnar fought Carwin all those old school WWF/WWE people were there

Snump

Smash Rookie
Haha yes undertaker was acting all tought against when he was walking out of the octagon. "you wanna go? You wanna go?"
Brock looked like he couldnt care less about that stupid ********

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Velasquez vs Dos Santos is going to be an all out shootout. Cant wait!
Also I am really glad the next UFC is FREEEEEE

Top Bottom