• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MMA thread. Lesnar is out. TOO MANY INJURIES!

Olikus

Smash Champion
Is UFC 122 in Germany free? Well its not so good main card, so maybe thats why :p UFC 123 on the other hand. Rampage against Machida, and BJ Penn, thats something to look for!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
well they never said it was actually free but they said it would air on spike tv and not PPV.... so i guess that means its free lol. I really dont know who I would go for in the Marquardt vs Okami fight. I have never put anyone on a higher level as marquardt except anderson silva in the middle weight divison. But if I had to put someone on par with him, it would be Okami. Then this jerk named Chael Sonnen comes and beats both of them >_> I really want Okami to win because he was the last to guy actually beat Anderson Silva (by disqualification)

Olikus

Smash Champion
Yeah, sonnen the great idiot was maybe on drugs in those fights as well. Okami is a great fighter, but if he face silva he needs to do better than the last fight. the changes for winning on a illegal kick is small.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i just remembered that Anderson Silva still has to fight Vitor Belfort before the winner of okami/marquardt. Is anyone giving an edge for belfort in this fight? I say he gets injured before the fight comes up AGAIN

Olikus

Smash Champion
As long as Anderson Silva fights at his best, its impossible to beat him. He has the highest skill level in the whole MMA circus. He is a living legend. But he can do stupid things, and lately his performance has varied a lot. So if Anderson SIlva dont fight at his best, and Belfort fights the battle of his life, sure he can win. But I'm very confident that Anderson Silva is going to win. Much more than I was with Brock Lesnar.

Snump

Smash Rookie
**** folks! it´s announced that the WEC will merge with the UFC!
last WEC event will be WEC 53

Jose aldo will be defending his belt on UFC 125!

I´m really exited for this

Olikus

Smash Champion
Anyone seen the MMA film never surrender from 2009? GSP, Anderson Silva BJPenn and Rampage are some of the cast. Sounds pretty cool.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
wow that sounds like something I would want to watch. I will check it out if I ever find it

Olikus

Smash Champion
Pretty cool with the WEC. Havent heard of many fighters under lightweight, so this should be interesting. Maybe some of the former ufc lightweight fighters go done one division. Edgar is pretty small, maybe he tries for both belts :p

Snump

Smash Rookie
Yeah its great for the small ufc lightweights that didn´t want to move down in weight only because that would make them leave the biggest and best organization in the world!

haha never surrender... the ufc fighters are barely in it... they´re just there to be on the cover so the movie would sell better... it sucks

Olikus

Smash Champion
Soon UFC 122!!

Many Europeans this time since it is in Germany. Some of them i never have heard of, so this is going to be interesting. Lets se what they're maid of!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I had no idea who those guys were until I saw that fight. Pretty **** good fight.
Also im taking THUNDER OKAMI to win over marquardt today! .... he probably wont win but whatever

Olikus

Smash Champion
Okami did it!

Pascal Krauss against Mark Scanlon was a pretty sweet fight. I liked this UFC. The Europeans showed that they can put a fight. But next weekend, omg cant wait.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Im so happy for Okami!
I really want Machida to win!
Im hoping that BJ Penn wins mainly because I dont want to see him lose 3 fights in a row. Im a huge Matt Hughes fan though.
Im also interested to see who will win in the sotiropolous/Lauzon fight.
And I really hope Aaron Simpson runs train on Mark Munoz.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Machida going to win. Im pretty sure. Wonder whats going threw Penns mind atm. If he lose 3 in a row i dont know what he does.

And maybe im late on this but the featherweight championship contender is now announced. Its gonna be held on UFC 125 1st of January. The player who shall face Jose Aldo is Josh Grispi. Never heard of him, but he has a really really impressive record 14-1. Only one victory on decision, the rest on knock out or submission. And what makes it even more impressive is that he is only 22 years old. This match looks to be a thriller.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Mannnn Machida got shafted. I felt he won the 1st and 3rd rounds. Even Rampage acknowledged that Machida won that fight. Judges are MAD gay

Snump

Smash Rookie
i agree with the win. Machida was running away from rampage for the two first round. You don´t win fights like that. the judges are mad hetero

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Randy Couture said that machida won the fight and that the judges are dumb and I agree. Just because Rampage was chasing him down doesnt mean he won the fight. Fights are won based on damage done

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Jonathan Brookins win the ultimate fighter 12! I was so afraid that Michael Johnson was going to knock him out in the first round because Brookins just keeps his head straight up and was being repeated tagged in the dome.

I really wanted Nam Phan to lose against Leonard Garcia but at the end of the 3rd round I was like " damn he hella won... HELLA WON! " .... LOL Nam Phan gets robbed of his rightful victory

Kendall Grove vs Demian Maia was a funny match. Maia completely dominates grove the whole time and it looked like a little kid was just climbing on a tall pole and moving around since grove is so tall lol

Olikus

Smash Champion
GSP kicked Koschecks butt. So many jabs against Koschecks face. A really cool match imo.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
GSP did to Koschecks face what Manny Pacquiao did to Antonio Margaritos face. Its all that Freddy Roach training!

Snump

Smash Rookie
Pettis´ Showtime kick! i´ve seen it 132 times and I´m still completely amazed every time i see it

Gaara♥

Smash Master
that kick was the most random and awesome thing ever! Pettis is going to be a wrecking machine in the ufc. Can't wait for Pettis vs Maynard (cause edgar is going to lose)

Olikus

Smash Champion
I dont know what to think about that fight. edgar maynard seems very close in my book. An interesting match. Edgar has been much better since last time they fight.

Snump

Smash Rookie
"Randy Couture said that machida won the fight and that the judges are dumb and I agree. Just because Rampage was chasing him down doesnt mean he won the fight. Fights are won based on damage done"

Fights aren´t based on damage done. They are also based on octagon control and agression. Rampage.

BTW randy and machida are going to fight at ufc 129 :p
never trust randy when he says he will retire.

125 was a great card! Thiago silva is bruuutall! and dustin porier in the prelims showed the grispi has nothing to do in there with Jose Aldo.
also Tavares, Stann and Stephens knockouts was awsome!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
ehhh I find that bull****. So rampage could swing his arms around and not hit anything for 3 rounds and win the fight?? I don't believe it.

Machida vs Couture is going to be interesting as heck!

125 was pretty good. Thiago Silva is one mean jerk LOL. I thought it was hilarious when Vera caught his kick and Silva fell down and Vera threw his hands up.

Stann made a huge statement being only the 2nd man to ever KO Leben. He had a great strategy also!

Edgar vs Maynard was one hell of a fight but it just goes to show that they can dominate a whole fight but they cant finish fights. I gave maynard rounds 1(obviously) and 5. round 3 could have gone either way. I am disappointed with the draw but I didnt see the fight ending any other way

Olikus

Smash Champion
Draw match :p So hilarious. Well a rematch should be intense. Wonder when Carwin gets back from his injury.

Snump

Smash Rookie
Brock land JSD as coaches on TUF!
I´m so relieved gray and edgar didn´t get the job. They would do a good coaching job but it´s supposed to be entertaining as well.
UFC 126 - One of the best cards in the history of the UFC in my opinion

Olikus

Smash Champion
Wow sounds cool. UFC 126 is going to be sick. Think we gonna see some wild action from Anderson Silva, and Jon Jones hopefully going to win and then get to play the real big guys in the light heavy weight division. I think his ready for the title shot soon.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
theres only 3 fights on the 126 card that im interested in and those are silva vs belfort, franklin vs griffin, and jones vs bader. Im calling Silva, Franklin, and Bader to win their respective fights

Top Bottom