• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MMA thread. Lesnar is out. TOO MANY INJURIES!

Snump

Smash Rookie
Im picking Silva, Griffin and Jones.
Also looking forward to kid yamamotos UFC debut

Olikus

Smash Champion
Wow, the best event i have seen in a really long time.

Did expect more from kid, but Johnson was superfast. So nice dodges and takedowns, he is a real contender for the titelshot.

Ellenberg against Rocha was allso really fun. Ellenberg had most to offer standup, but Rocha really impressed me with his Jiu-Jitsu. So nice when he was mounted and, some how flipped around and caught Ellenbergs arm.

I was pretty confident that Jones would win against Bader. But jesus christ not so clearly. Bader maybe got one punch in. Total dominans by Jones trhough the whole fight. Jones still manage to suprise me. And since Evans is injured, he gets the title shot against shogun. OMG thats so hype! Cant wait. Jones has to be the biggest shooting star in UFC atm.

Griffin vs franklin was okay. But i felt that Franklin was to small against Griffin. Still looks like he is a middleweight. Griffin got him on strenght and reach. But overall a good fight.

And then when it couldnt be any better. Anderson Silva the King of UFC tops the night by sending a frontkick(wtf) straight at Belfort's face just out of nowhere to KO him. Insane a living legend.

I think there will be a long time before I see a better event. Wow I still have lots of adrenalin.

Edit: And I didnt even mention Cerrone VS Kelly. So glad Cerrone won. That idiot Kelly punched him while they was shaking hands. Good thing karma got him in the end.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i like how Kelly tried to explain himself at the end for sucker punching Cerrone but no one understood what he said

Olikus

Smash Champion
YES!

So glad Jones won the belt. Insane how that kid dominates every opponent he faces. =D

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I picked this entire main card correct, including the way in which they would end.

Jones is going to be one of the all-time greats, I think.

Dior

Smash Cadet
I picked this entire main card correct, including the way in which they would end.

Jones is going to be one of the all-time greats, I think.
I think so to, Jones is like a living cheat code. tall, strong and long. (No Homo). He is very versatile and young. I dont see anyone stopping him for a while

Snump

Smash Rookie
GSP!

But people are underrating Jake. GSP himself says he gets pissed off that people don´t take Jake seriously. So when(if) GSP wins, they won´t give him the respect he should get for beating a guy as good as Jake.

And the rest of the card is sick! Looking forward to see Aldo in the cage again and for the first time in the UFC. And how Randy will do against machida.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
both frankie edgar and gray maynard are injured, Jon Jones is out, Cain wont be back for a while, and now Brock Lesnar is in the hospital again!

Top Bottom