• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yeah I lost to Boss in winners. I played really dumb the first stock of the set and with 2 stocks, that costs you the game. 2nd game was much closer and had its hype moments with the crowd: Shuttle Looping Boss to the blast zone & a clutch barrel save on Kongo. I've been sleeping on Luigi really bad. Same goes for Little Mac actually, I played Vex the other day and I learned just how hard it really is to gimp a good Mac.
A side note about Boss tho, he was literally sleeping on the midwest that whole tourney. He drove up from VA at 3AM and didn't sleep. He sat behind the streaming setup and slept between his matches and only moved when he had a match to play, woke up and bodied someone, and then went right back to sleep. What a guy.

But then I ran into a Pikachu in losers and got bodied by the timer. Game 3, last stocks, 13 seconds left on the clock, I was at 109%, he was at 107%, I had to make a move so I Down-Smashed while he was on the ledge and got punished for it and lost. I think Pikachu might be MK's worst MU by far. I've thought it was Pika previously too but that match really solidified how difficult it is for MK to me. Pika can force us into really bad situations and capitalize on it. He controls the ground with T-Jolt & Quick Attack of all things and he also controls the air with Up-Air and even Thunder.

I ended up taking out the Sheik I would have played if I didn't lose to that Pika in a crew battle without him being able to take a stock off me and proceeded to take 7 stocks total before I was defeated. I gave the crowd some on-stage MK hype at least and proved to myself that I could have made it into top 4 if I didn't choke against that Pika. :shaker:

I played M2K in friendlies and caught him a couple times with F-Smash for some wins and just learned a lot about how far I still have to grow as a player but I'm not quite as far as I thought I was from being able to go toe-to-toe with players like Boss & M2K so that made me pretty happy overall.:)

I got 9th or something so no money but man this tourney was a great learning experience. I'm so hyped to just put what I learned into practice next weekend in Cincinnati...or I guess the online tourney for Sunday since I think I'm still doing that.

But anyway, thanks for the support, everyone! I'll try to bring back a win next time.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Yeah I lost to Boss in winners. I played really dumb the first stock of the set and with 2 stocks, that costs you the game. 2nd game was much closer and had its hype moments with the crowd: Shuttle Looping Boss to the blast zone & a clutch barrel save on Kongo. I've been sleeping on Luigi really bad. Same goes for Little Mac actually, I played Vex the other day and I learned just how hard it really is to gimp a good Mac.
A side note about Boss tho, he was literally sleeping on the midwest that whole tourney. He drove up from VA at 3AM and didn't sleep. He sat behind the streaming setup and slept between his matches and only moved when he had a match to play, woke up and bodied someone, and then went right back to sleep. What a guy.

But then I ran into a Pikachu in losers and got bodied by the timer. Game 3, last stocks, 13 seconds left on the clock, I was at 109%, he was at 107%, I had to make a move so I Down-Smashed while he was on the ledge and got punished for it and lost. I think Pikachu might be MK's worst MU by far. I've thought it was Pika previously too but that match really solidified how difficult it is for MK to me. Pika can force us into really bad situations and capitalize on it. He controls the ground with T-Jolt & Quick Attack of all things and he also controls the air with Up-Air and even Thunder.

I ended up taking out the Sheik I would have played if I didn't lose to that Pika in a crew battle without him being able to take a stock off me and proceeded to take 7 stocks total before I was defeated. I gave the crowd some on-stage MK hype at least and proved to myself that I could have made it into top 4 if I didn't choke against that Pika. :shaker:

I played M2K in friendlies and caught him a couple times with F-Smash for some wins and just learned a lot about how far I still have to grow as a player but I'm not quite as far as I thought I was from being able to go toe-to-toe with players like Boss & M2K so that made me pretty happy overall.:)

I got 9th or something so no money but man this tourney was a great learning experience. I'm so hyped to just put what I learned into practice next weekend in Cincinnati...or I guess the online tourney for Sunday since I think I'm still doing that.

But anyway, thanks for the support, everyone! I'll try to bring back a win next time.
Yeah, that second game was really close. I heard all the crowd hype.
I'd really like to see the video of the matches with Boss, the Pikachu, and M2K to see what we can learn from that.

Also, taking 7 stocks in a crew battle? That's awesome! I like hearing MK being able to do that stuff. Congrats!

D

Deleted member

He did the same thing at Xanadu last Tuesday. Was really funny indeed, haha.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Lmao @ waking up to body someone and then going back to sleep lololol
That wasn't even the best part. M2K got gimped at 20% by some random guy and the crowd lost their minds. Boss quickly sprung to life, trying to figure out what was going on. And then M2K turned around to face Boss while he was re-spawning from the gimp and told Boss "Sorry, it won't happen again." And of course he went back to sleep. Mister Eric and I absolutely lost it. That was definitely my favorite moment from that tourney.

But anyway, I'm a mod now.:)

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Just a few minutes ago i played against Wrath who mains Sonic, he's almost beaten 6WX but SD costing him the game so he's literally in a completely different realm to other Sonics. Anyway he beat me with Mario with 1 stock leftover i sadly SD with that damn Side special.

2nd game he used Greninja and we were on N64 Jungle Japes, i managed to snag a win with 1 stock left. He then switched to MK and we had a ditto match i won using dash attack to shuttle loop(such a good kill set up) and managed to get an f-smash read(really proud since i need to dothis more often).

After that he busted out Satan Spawn Sonic(SSS) and completely blew me away, i got a kill using rage nado and f-smash but died to his uair. That was the last time i got him down to 1 stock as he proceeded to whoop my ass game after game, he gave me some tips too and he really helped me improve as a player.

Tips against Sonic: Best way to kill is by gimping him go for broke, if you don't then i suggest snagging kills with rage nado or shuttle loop. F-smash is good but its best to use it as a read. Nado beats Sonic's Down B and Side B, if Sonic loves to homing attack or jump out of Spin dash use Nair.

If your picking a stage please don't pick FD its hell. Had a lot of fun playing him real nice guy, i'm seeing more and more potential in MK every time i face good players. Demanding? Yes but good lord the reward is huge.

Congrats on being a mod @ Katakiri Katakiri .

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That wasn't even the best part. M2K got gimped at 20% by some random guy and the crowd lost their minds. Boss quickly sprung to life, trying to figure out what was going on. And then M2K turned around to face Boss while he was re-spawning from the gimp and told Boss "Sorry, it won't happen again." And of course he went back to sleep. Mister Eric and I absolutely lost it. That was definitely my favorite moment from that tourney.

Man what a story lol. Congrats on being mod!

Just a few minutes ago i played against Wrath who mains Sonic, he's almost beaten 6WX but SD costing him the game so he's literally in a completely different realm to other Sonics. Anyway he beat me with Mario with 1 stock leftover i sadly SD with that damn Side special.

2nd game he used Greninja and we were on N64 Jungle Japes, i managed to snag a win with 1 stock left. He then switched to MK and we had a ditto match i won using dash attack to shuttle loop(such a good kill set up) and managed to get an f-smash read(really proud since i need to dothis more often).

After that he busted out Satan Spawn Sonic(SSS) and completely blew me away, i got a kill using rage nado and f-smash but died to his uair. That was the last time i got him down to 1 stock as he proceeded to whoop my *** game after game, he gave me some tips too and he really helped me improve as a player.

Tips against Sonic: Best way to kill is by gimping him go for broke, if you don't then i suggest snagging kills with rage nado or shuttle loop. F-smash is good but its best to use it as a read. Nado beats Sonic's Down B and Side B, if Sonic loves to homing attack or jump out of Spin dash use Nair.

If your picking a stage please don't pick FD its hell. Had a lot of fun playing him real nice guy, i'm seeing more and more potential in MK every time i face good players. Demanding? Yes but good lord the reward is huge.

Congrats on being a mod @ Katakiri Katakiri .
That's interesting. If you have any replays that'll be great.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Sadly I didn't save any. I only save replays if I didn't learn anything from the match, since Wrath was giving advice after every game I didn't feel the need to save it. The stages I thought on were FD so I don't know what its like fighting him on other stages all I know is never pick it against sonic.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850

LOL wow

It's the little things like this that make tournaments great. Did Eric tell you about Infern getting hype over a mario combo? And the weird ass noise he made? Kel will probably never let Infern live it down. LOLOLOL

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm sitting in losers finals for my pool in the Online tournament. We'll see what happens. http://worldwide.challonge.com/w45b5k4h

Sonic is very hard. And the one I lost to in winners finals in particular was just awful to fight. It's like fighting Ness at x2 speed. We die to Sonic's rage back-throw at like 95% and he's just fishing for grabs once he's there. If I make it to Grands for my pool, I'm going to go Kirby. I think Kirby has the better match-up in that one instance due to Kirby's jab stopping Spin Dash and just having better frame data than Sonic. I just don't think MK can do that MU well enough with the way the guy plays Sonic.

I recorded every match I played live so those will go up later tonight or tomorrow once I finish editing them.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm sitting in losers finals for my pool in the Online tournament. We'll see what happens. http://worldwide.challonge.com/w45b5k4h

Sonic is very hard. And the one I lost to in winners finals in particular was just awful to fight. It's like fighting Ness at x2 speed. We die to Sonic's rage back-throw at like 95% and he's just fishing for grabs once he's there. If I make it to Grands for my pool, I'm going to go Kirby. I think Kirby has the better match-up in that one instance due to Kirby's jab stopping Spin Dash and just having better frame data than Sonic. I just don't think MK can do that MU well enough with the way the guy plays Sonic.

I recorded every match I played live so those will go up later tonight or tomorrow once I finish editing them.
Rooting for you to make it to the world bracket! (One match away from making it I see)
I really want to see those matches. There has to be a way to deal with Sonic.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm in the world bracket now. Losers finals was kind of a joke tbh.

The real issue with Sonic is that Back Throw. He did not get a single KO that wasn't a Back Throw. It's seriously Ness' back-throw on Sonic. I can't KO him in time to keep a lead so I have approach.

I gotta fight Europe 1st round. Lag incoming! RIP my inputs. http://worldwide.challonge.com/S4WTOPCUT

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Who did the European use? I see you're up against a Sonic now. Let's see how it goes.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Kirby might do better in the Sonic MU, he's fun to use but his MU across the board is worse than MK imo. Good luck nevertheless pray that the lag don't spike mid game.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Shoutouts to SDs and losing stocks to roommates distracting you. Man that was awful. I had every reason to beat both of my opponents. Not much I can do about playing matches at home.

That's the 2nd tourney this weekend I got knocked out of because of one bad input. I'm getting really disheartened now. I mean I had every reason to win those games, even two stocking them at some point in the set. It's an awful feeling when you're the reason you're not making money; I pressed one button when I had no reason to and lost because of it. I didn't get out-played, I just gimped myself and, regardless of distractions, that shouldn't happen. It really is the worst feeling.

I'll start editing and uploading the videos when my jimmies are calm enough to look at those matches again.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Damn, well, if you felt you could beat them, then you probably could. At least that means you'll do better next time for sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vids.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

LOL wow

It's the little things like this that make tournaments great. Did Eric tell you about Infern getting hype over a mario combo? And the weird *** noise he made? Kel will probably never let Infern live it down. LOLOLOL
The things that Sam did to Infern are not appropriate for these boards.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Was I the only one unaware the Ito ruffio combo worked on characters other than spacies and Sheik ?

It's pretty situational but the idea of having a kill combo on the entire cast even at specific percents is kinda fantastic.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548

But then I ran into a Pikachu in losers and got bodied by the timer. Game 3, last stocks, 13 seconds left on the clock, I was at 109%, he was at 107%, I had to make a move so I Down-Smashed while he was on the ledge and got punished for it and lost. I think Pikachu might be MK's worst MU by far. I've thought it was Pika previously too but that match really solidified how difficult it is for MK to me.Pika can force us into really bad situations and capitalize on it. He controls the ground with T-Jolt & Quick Attack of all things and he also controls the air with Up-Air and even Thunder.

You're correctly right, Pikachu is pretty hard to go up against with a character who has a lot of lag on almost all of his moves, Kirby also has a hard time approaching against a Pikachu, man, I still cant believe 6% on one thunder shock that Pikachu can send out 3 at the same time on the battle field.

But I think Sonic is one of his worst matchups, Sonic can easily punish you even if your far away due to his amazing running speed, but he can punish almost any attack you throw at him, his reaction time is too fast, he can mindgame with his rolls so perfectly that you wont know what he's going to do next, spindash cancel to grab? spindash jump to homing attack? dair animation cancel to fsmash/grab? sliding usmash? man he's really not that easy to go up against with a MK.

Note: Sonic's sliding usmash catches a lot of players, not to mention it kills at low percents with a uncharged usmash, ALSO not to mention it causes a SUPER amount of being nervous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkD7sMpsV8&t=19m25s

Last edited:

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
Hi all, former Luigi main converted Meta Knight. I didn't see a better place for this since I didn't see an introduction thread of any sort.

I'm starting to go to Smash 4 outings as the sole Meta Knight player around me. Lately I've just been having too much fun with him I want to get really good. It feels so much more fun when Meta Knight requires some actual thought to do well with, beating people feels so rewarding. I don't have anything particularly important to contribute right now, but having 3rd out of 24 and Top 16 in two 64 player tourneys with the knight has been fun. The main reason I've lost most of my matches thus far is just me being dumb, but I'm learning quickly and hope to take one with the lil' ******* someday.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Hi all, former Luigi main converted Meta Knight. I didn't see a better place for this since I didn't see an introduction thread of any sort.

I'm starting to go to Smash 4 outings as the sole Meta Knight player around me. Lately I've just been having too much fun with him I want to get really good. It feels so much more fun when Meta Knight requires some actual thought to do well with, beating people feels so rewarding. I don't have anything particularly important to contribute right now, but having 3rd out of 24 and Top 16 in two 64 player tourneys with the knight has been fun. The main reason I've lost most of my matches thus far is just me being dumb, but I'm learning quickly and hope to take one with the lil' ******* someday.
Nice to see people getting interested in MK more, but although he has rewarding % on his tornado, DC, and combos, he struggles a ton from fast characters, good luck if you go up against fast characters(Sonic/Pikachu, etc), its going to be a pain to defeat.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hi I really like Metal Knight in this game, I find him very fun to play. I like him much better than Brawl because he kills and because not everyone and their mother is using him.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Always a treat to see new faces around here. We definitely need a larger player-base to get the ball rolling for MK so the more the merrier!

Was I the only one unaware the Ito ruffio combo worked on characters other than spacies and Sheik ?

It's pretty situational but the idea of having a kill combo on the entire cast even at specific percents is kinda fantastic.
That actually reminds me that I created a little cheat sheet for MK's combos a while back but never posted it. Granted, most are not true combos due to DI but they works for most of the cast if you add or subtract percent based on character weight (Sheik was the test dummy here):

0% Combos:
D-Throw > SH N-Air 17%
D-Throw > Dash Attack > Up-Smash 17-22% (Character specific)
D-Throw > Mach Tornado (Character specific)
Dash Attack > Up-Smash 15%
Dash Attack > SH Nado? 26% (Character specific)

0% to 90+% (AKA Bread & Butter AKA MK's Diddy Kong D-Throw>Up-Air)
F-Throw > Aerial Shuttle Loop 21% (KOs at later %s)
*F-Throw comes out on frame 4 after a grab so, unlike D-Throw, DIing the throw is very unlikely!*
**F-Throw while it has less knockback (good for combos) and more damage, it has less hitstun than D-Throw. So make those inputs quick**

35~% (KO Percent)
F-Throw > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Aerial Shuttle Loop 36%
Down-Throw > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Aerial Shuttle Loop 34%
F-Throw > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Air Dodge > Mach Tornado 44+%
Down-Throw > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Wait > Air Dodge > Mach Tornado 42+%
Down-Throw > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Aerial Shuttle Loop (KO Combo)
Up-Tilt > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Aerial Shuttle Loop (KO Combo)
Up-Tilt > FH Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Jump Up-Air > Aerial Shuttle Loop 32%

40~%
F-Throw > SH Mach Tornado 28~%

50~%
SH D-Air > Mach Tornado 26~%

84~% (KO Percent)
Dash Attack > FH Shuttle Loop (KO Combo)

90~% (KO Percent)
F-Throw > Incorrect/No DI > FH Shuttle Loop (KO Combo)
Up-Tilt > Incorrect/No DI > FH Shuttle Loop (KO Combo)

101% to 130% (KO Percent)
D-Tilt > Missed Tech > Dimensional Cape Slash (KO Combo)
D-Tilt > Grounded Up-B (KO Combo)
D-Tilt > Tech-in-place > Mach Tornado

Single Move KO% (Off-top, no Rage required):
Grounded Shuttle Loop KO Percent: 98%
Forward Dimensional Cape Slash KO Percent: 107%
Up-Smash: 108%
Up-Throw KO Percent: 156%

Red = A likely opponent input
Obviously anything with red isn't a real combo but I listed them because, unless the opponent is experienced with MK, they're very likely to make the input or lack-thereof required to make the combo happen.

I'll go more in-depth on all of those combos in a guide I'm writing soon.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Quite an insight huh. Amazing stuff.

My only fear with Death Combos is that they stop working at after bit higher percentages.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
101% to 130% (KO Percent)
D-Tilt > Missed Tech > Dimensional Cape Slash (KO Combo)
D-Tilt > Grounded Up-B (KO Combo)
D-Tilt > Tech-in-place > Mach Tornado
It's so good to learn this!
I've been instinctively doing Dtilt > Dash Attack > FH Shuttle Loop all this time but at certain percents it's not a combo.
Using a direct Grounded Shuttle Loop or Dimensional Cape will help me KO a lot more.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
In one of my replays i was at 104% in rage and landed DA to FH shuttle loop on a Rosalina who used proper DI and was at 94% after getting Shuttle looped(So Katakiri is right 84 is very reliable and its even possible at higher percents). Stages with low ceilings means that we can abuse this combo on lighter characters at lower percents. Glad we are getting more MK players coming to the board.

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Hey all. Ike main here. Recently picked up Metaknight. In pretty much all competitive games I like to go with the more unpopular characters. Those characters seem to be MK, Marth, Falco.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
0% Combos:
D-Throw > SH N-Air 17%
D-Throw > Dash Attack > Up-Smash 17-22% (Character specific)
D-Throw > Mach Tornado (Character specific)
Dash Attack > Up-Smash 15%
Dash Attack > SH Nado? 26% (Character specific)
Holy crap you know your Meta Knight, probably not a good combo, but a Pummel>Down Throw>Shuttle Loop catches most of any opponent into the 2 strikes at 0%, a 25% combo.

Also, has anyone have any troubles with doing a uair? like when you go up its a high chance they will airdodge or the range just wont hit, and when you keep doing uair, sometimes your too heavy and that extra jump doesn't come out on the 2nd/3rd uair

"This is a thing with almost every sword character in the game honestly. Marth's sword trails are all a hair longer than the actual working range of his hitboxes." quote from a meta knight ssb4 video
I really hate how they nerfed Meta Knight, he didn't have a lot of killing options in brawl, but even though he Is still amazing in game, Sakurai needs to give him a little more "specialness" I mean, it is his creation after all, SSB4 MK is perfect, but his range is just bad, they should've just made his animations match the hitbox, as in a perfect replica of the hitbox from his sword, not to small, and not to bigger than his sword, not to mention his dsmash does a wooping 9-10% at fully charged, his uair range can mistake you and think "Wow im going to hit this person and start a combo now!" but when you actually do it, there's a 50% to 50% chance your going to miss.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Not me you'll get used to how his uair works as well as his other jumps after playing him alot, just gotta get that rhythm.

What i do to air dodge happy players is DA --> Uair --> Use my second jump --> They airdodge ---> Tornado ranging from 19-21% depending on how well i mash. I use tornado instantly after i jump so i can give chase to those who use their second jump or to catch air dodges.

You should bait nairs or air dodges after the 2nd uair hits, it gives you options on how you finish or reset the combo. Shuttle Loop and Tornado are finishers fast falling into utilt resets the combo since it beats out a lot of moves that aren't disjointed.

Yay 500th post.

I swear to God if i read another "MK lost kill power" i'll lose my mind i see members on this site saying this. I counted 9 moves that kill 2 which rely on rage. He has kill power a lot of characters wish they had lol.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
"This is a thing with almost every sword character in the game honestly. Marth's sword trails are all a hair longer than the actual working range of his hitboxes." quote from a meta knight ssb4 video
I really hate how they nerfed Meta Knight, he didn't have a lot of killing options in brawl, but even though he Is still amazing in game, Sakurai needs to give him a little more "specialness" I mean, it is his creation after all, SSB4 MK is perfect, but his range is just bad, they should've just made his animations match the hitbox, as in a perfect replica of the hitbox from his sword, not to small, and not to bigger than his sword, not to mention his dsmash does a wooping 9-10% at fully charged.
Not me you'll get used to how his uair works as well as his other jumps after playing him alot, just gotta get that rhythm.

What i do to air dodge happy players is DA --> Uair --> Use my second jump --> They airdodge ---> Tornado ranging from 19-21% depending on how well i mash. I use tornado instantly after i jump so i can give chase to those who use their second jump or to catch air dodges.

You should bait nairs or air dodges after the 2nd uair hits, it gives you options on how you finish or reset the combo. Shuttle Loop and Tornado are finishers fast falling into utilt resets the combo since it beats out a lot of moves that aren't disjointed.

Yay 500th post.
Im just afraid using a aerial out of nowhere will get me punished from the lag that it deals.

etecoon

Smash Hero
That's not just MK, play Donkey Kong if you want to get infuriated at watching your arms hit stuff but nothing gets hit. Really not good to have animations that are so far off the hitboxes, I'd rather have ghost hits like Snake's tilts than have the Morrowind effect going on. Not necessary with these two examples either, MK and DK still aren't going to be at Diddy and Sheik level if you give them a little more range. I don't play the whole cast but it makes me wonder how many other characters have such a big difference between animations and actual hitboxes

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
That's not just MK, play Donkey Kong if you want to get infuriated at watching your arms hit stuff but nothing gets hit. Really not good to have animations that are so far off the hitboxes, I'd rather have ghost hits like Snake's tilts than have the Morrowind effect going on. Not necessary with these two examples either, MK and DK still aren't going to be at Diddy and Sheik level if you give them a little more range. I don't play the whole cast but it makes me wonder how many other characters have such a big difference between animations and actual hitboxes
Im actually seeing more DK users online, and they're rekting alot of people, its pretty hard to actually get a grab on im when your a sonic player...

Emuser012

Smash Cadet
NNID
Emuser012
I feel like people give DK too much crap, I think he will eventually settle to be mid-low. I will never understand why the based master thought that DK was "too strong" and changed him but he's definitely not taken seriously enough.

etecoon

Smash Hero
DK is alright, he's just mad frustrating to try and play, I HATE watching my attacks hit things and the game doesn't register a hit.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I feel like people give DK too much crap, I think he will eventually settle to be mid-low. I will never understand why the based master thought that DK was "too strong" and changed him but he's definitely not taken seriously enough.
A lot of people think DK is the worst character due to how his recovery sucks when your low, and its easy to gimp a opponent very low so that there recovery wont make it, not to mention how his attack range stinks, but he's a very strong character.

Top Bottom