• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Minish Sorcerer, Vaati for Smash 5!

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
No Vaati in Hyrule Warriors is shocking. Capcom doesn't seem to be in bad terms with Nintendo so if Vaati is own by them why are they keeping in lock like this.
And, even if Capcom does own Minish Cap stuff for whatever reason, they're still usually better with loaning out their properties then, say, Square Enix.

Maybe the actual creators of the LOZ series don't want to acknowledge the Capcom games?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would love Vaati in but I’m probably a weirdo cause I’d rather he be in his monster form.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'll be playing Smash Ultimate in two more days, so I just ported a bunch of my old Miis from my Wii U in preparation, including my Vaati Mii, who I decided to give an update in light of the increased options for hair and eye colors.

EDIT: Oh shoot, his eyes are red. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
And yet at the end of Minish cap it says "all rights reserved by Nintendo". There are also references to minish cap in Botw and a race of tiny people that were supposed to be in the game but scraped. So I wouldn't go as far as saying Nintendo don't want to acknowledge these games but they're clearly not their priority.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'll be playing Smash Ultimate in two more days, so I just ported a bunch of my old Miis from my Wii U in preparation, including my Vaati Mii, who I decided to give an update in light of the increased options for hair and eye colors.

EDIT: Oh shoot, his eyes are red. Back to the drawing board.
I just tweaked my Vaati Mii to have red eyes.

I just put the latest version of the Mii on Facebook as well — I would have put it on Tumblr, like I did with the original, but that isn't an option from the Nintendo Switch, unlike the Wii U. I'm not quite sure why; maybe some contract expired. I also miss making QR codes from Miis; I probably have a QR code for the grey-haired Vaati Mii somewhere, but that's not the same as this one. However, since the Switch can't read QR codes, Nintendo decided not to bother with allowing it to make QR codes either. Pity about that. Anyway, here's the Facebook post where I go further into my plans with my Vaati Mii:

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
to revive the discussion just a bit
anyone notice Octavo from Cadance of Hyrule looks strikingly like Vaati?

only thing he needs is the red eyes to be fully 1:1 homage to him, lol

oh and someone was doing a Smash 4 model swap of Vaati
https://twitter.com/killzxgaming/status/899773904784326656
he's interested on moving the mod to Ultimate now
https://twitter.com/KillzXGaming/status/1105626277237739522
it'd be great to show a bit of interest so he doesn't lose the motivation
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Goddammit, Hyrule Warriors 2 when please! Between Vaati, Oracles, Cadence and Breath of the Wild we have enough to justify a whole new game!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
to revive the discussion just a bit
anyone notice Octavo from Cadance of Hyrule looks strikingly like Vaati?

only thing he needs is the red eyes to be fully 1:1 homage to him, lol

oh and someone was doing a Smash 4 model swap of Vaati
https://twitter.com/killzxgaming/status/899773904784326656
he's interested on moving the mod to Ultimate now
https://twitter.com/KillzXGaming/status/1105626277237739522
it'd be great to show a bit of interest so he doesn't lose the motivation
Damn, I saw that image and thought it was Vaati.

I miss Vaati you guys.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Well with all these other Capcom characters getting deconfirmed left and right, I remembered my old wind sorceror.

What do you guys think of the idea as Vaati being a Zelda echo over Hilda? Dark magic effects instead of the goddess spells. MC darknut instead of the phantom. Monster form sucking in and sending out enemies instead of Triforce of Wisdom.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well with all these other Capcom characters getting deconfirmed left and right, I remembered my old wind sorceror.

What do you guys think of the idea as Vaati being a Zelda echo over Hilda? Dark magic effects instead of the goddess spells. MC darknut instead of the phantom. Monster form sucking in and sending out enemies instead of Triforce of Wisdom.
I don't think the proportions work out.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the proportions work out.
Not like a smashified version couldn't use similar proportions. Ultimate Zelda is taller than the LBW Zelda as it is.

But after that qualification. Assuming programming would work out. Thoughts on the concept?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not like a smashified version couldn't use similar proportions. Ultimate Zelda is taller than the LBW Zelda as it is.

But after that qualification. Assuming programming would work out. Thoughts on the concept?
Eh, why not then.

Would like the Final Smash to be different though, either his eyeball form or turning people to stone.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Eh, why not then.

Would like the Final Smash to be different though, either his eyeball form or turning people to stone.
I might have not clarified. Function wise, it's the trap and flick opponent off screen. Visually, it would be Vaati becoming eyeball form and trapping them in a dark tornado or something before shooting them instead of the Triforce. At least preferably. I don't know how different an echo can be before turning into an Isabelle/Dr. Mario.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I might have not clarified. Function wise, it's the trap and flick opponent off screen. Visually, it would be Vaati becoming eyeball form and trapping them in a dark tornado or something before shooting them instead of the Triforce. At least preferably. I don't know how different an echo can be before turning into an Isabelle/Dr. Mario.
Dark Pit and Ken have a different Final Smash from their originals, so changing that up is fine.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

i don't like it tbh
maybe if Toon Zelda was in, but Vaati deserves better than a echo moveset, haha.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hey how a bout Vaati has a Gimmick he starts the round like this:

And slowly looks more like this:
his attacks and movements become more erratic and he starts using more Wind based Attacks also he would gain the Eye of his Final form

i think the Mii Tornado sholud be put into his moveset

Freduardo

Smash Champion
B Neutral: Fire Spin: Think of Zelda's Naryu's Love with a burning effect instead of a reflecting. goes above and below and adds some range from that move. Basically keeps people from getting close.
huh. With Pyra’s b neutral, this move I had on the old Vaati thread (and the first page of this one) now seems superfluous.

Top Bottom