• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The millionth word in the English language - Noob?

finalark

SNORLAX
I lost faith in humanity years ago. This is one of the reasons why.

I'm going to have to use that in an essay in the future.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hahaha watch, next thing you know the word **** will lose its negative connotations.

Grunt

Smash Master
I remember a few years ago they officially added the word "Snuck" because "Sneaked" is the real correct term but snuck had been used for so long, they added it.
"OH NO WHAT THE WORLD COMING TOO?! SNUCK? THATS NOT A WORD!"
Yeah I don't think so.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i remember reading that they added "bling" a few years back. now i just need to write a paper and somehow incorporate the sentence, "give me your bling before i **** you, noob!"

on a side note, at some point over winter break, i overheard my parents talking about internetspeak. my dad has apparently been under the impression for years that "lol" stands for "lots of luck." my mom corrected him by saying it means "lots of love." i was laughing so hard in the other room, i didn't bother to correct either of them.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
on a side note, at some point over winter break, i overheard my parents talking about internetspeak. my dad has apparently been under the impression for years that "lol" stands for "lots of luck." my mom corrected him by saying it means "lots of love." i was laughing so hard in the other room, i didn't bother to correct either of them.
This is absolutely hilarious.

Smash Master
i remember reading that they added "bling" a few years back. now i just need to write a paper and somehow incorporate the sentence, "give me your bling before i **** you, noob!"

Lol .

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
That's hillarious. Just like your dad I used to think it was lots of luck also because whenever I played eucher on yahoo in the summer of 2003 everyone would always type it before each game. I don't remember what the conversations were but obviously it reffered to those now instead of the game.

Never thought noob would be a word. I thought it was something that only teens said.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hahaha watch, next thing you know the word **** will lose its negative connotations.
lol, just the same way we use it regularly in smash, we'll be allowed to use it in sports. Just think, Coach Smith: What are you waiting for, **** him! (No offense intended)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I remember a few years ago they officially added the word "Snuck" because "Sneaked" is the real correct term but snuck had been used for so long, they added it.
Believe it or not that's something that usually happens.

highfive

Smash Lord
Opinion: As long as lol isn't in the dictionary I will still have faith in humanity. Noob is fine with me.

finalark

SNORLAX
Opinion: As long as lol isn't in the dictionary I will still have faith in humanity. Noob is fine with me.
Watch, a few years from now "lol" is going to be added.

I'll say this now, "l33t speak" should stay out of the books, on stay on the internet.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
well, lolling is a word.

which i found hilarious.

it doesn't mean to be laughing out loud tho unfortunately.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
I lost faith in humanity years ago. This is one of the reasons why.

I'm going to have to use that in an essay in the future.
Aint is in the dictionary. If a word is used enough, it is added so that people will understand its meaning. For example, when foreigners hear "noob" they won't understand if it's not in the dictionary. That sorta thing...

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
omigawd

the first reply to that website said "this is a sad day for the english language" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

lol

lol

D

Deleted member

lol could not be a word, becuse it is just an acronym
Does this mean laser isn't a word because we don't feel like calling it light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation?

Ima firin my light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation doesn't roll off the tounge well, y'know?

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
The very idea of the word 'noob' becomming a standard word makes me want to die alone.

Noun: A title earned by newer players to a game awarded by obese, depressed 13 year old shut-ins who probably still play runescape
Then maybe I wont be such a bad person!

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Since it's now an official word in the English language, kids should learn it in school :chuckle:

Top Bottom