• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
How many characters could they fit in the playable roster if they didn't decide to add the Mii Fighters?
Not much I'd assume. The Mii characters are basically their own type of character. I'm just surprised they went through all that trouble just to make them playable. Honestly it's one of the things that makes this game great. Diversity.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Since a lot of people don't really have experience against the Miis in general, maybe a thread should be made for sharing Friend Codes and Nintendo IDs? I'd like to fight at least one Gunner.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
Since a lot of people don't really have experience against the Miis in general, maybe a thread should be made for sharing Friend Codes and Nintendo IDs? I'd like to fight at least one Gunner.
I noticed you were a local! I know @KP Joey plays a decent swordfighter, and @DtJ Hilt messes around with Gunner time to time. I recommend you get in touch with them or with our local scene and you could have a few games against Mii Users. There'd definitely a decent amount of us here in Louisville, albeit mostly Brawlers. I'm pretty sure I was like one of five Brawlers our last monthly last weekend.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
... If this isn't the luckiest/most convenient reply that I could receive, then I don't know what is. I'd love to play with you guys! Not sure if I could travel all the way over there for it, but I'll take your other advice for sure. Thank you.

Oh, by the way, I noticed that you're maining Lucas!
http://smashboards.com/threads/phrygias-notebook-lucas-matchup-thread.398030/
While the thread for his match-ups isn't open yet, I'll drop it down here in case you're interested.

Peppa

NNID
ThePeppa
Actually our monthlies are at Bluegrass Magic, not too far from Bardstown. You're also more then welcome to add me, I can provide a Brawler main. While I have Lucas and Shulk on here, 99% of the time when I go to tournies its Brawler, if you need the experience :p I doubt we'd lag much.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
In that case, I'll look into it. If times are convenient, I may be able to stop by and visit, hopefully. By the way, though, I'm only able to play on my 3DS, so if you don't have one, I can't play on the Wii U.

How do people react whenever you use the Brawler? Since lots of people don't have experience with Miis in general, I mean.

Peppa

NNID
ThePeppa
Like I said a bit of people use brawler especially with 1122 and small so most people are used to it and know how to avoid the BnB helicopter set up so most people are fine.
They'll get upset if they get caught by it and die at 50 but I'm sure anyone would. Most people are hating on the villager trip sapling camp around here to care about Miis. We had a sword fighter win a monthly in like February but everyone just thought it was hilarious since the dude was way better then anyone who showed up, it was around the time we got snowed in here so no one from out of state showed up so he was expected to win as usual anyway.
Literally no one has played Mii Gunner that I've seen though in a tourney

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Do you think the Mii variants are a good set of characters, and they're just neglected because they aren't allowed online?

Peppa

NNID
ThePeppa
I don't have a high opinion of Mii Gunner or Swordfighter honestly. They're definitely not viable, for various reasons. If you're in a customs off tourney, its default size and 1111, which invalidates all Miis.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Unfortunate... It kind of stink that most Miis aren't even allowed in tournaments. They're a character as well, aren't they?

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Is there a good general MU thread for MII brawler? Would like to see what people think on Mii's MU on the top tier, popular characters.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Hello all. Been doing more frame counting and I finished putting together the frame data for Mii Brawler. I've got data for Tiny Mii Brawler, Standard Mii Brawler, and Large Mii Brawler. I think there are more frame data variances in between these three options, but hopefully this is helpful.

Pretty much the main differences comes with the endlag on their normals, and a few hitlag/shieldlag/shieldstun differences. Start-up is always the same. Their specials are identical regardless of size, aside from some minor differences in hitlag/shieldlag/shieldstun on a few.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
This is great! Appreciate the info. Got a question though, can you define Tiny, Standard, and Large in this case? What are their height and weight settings?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Tiny is shortest height and thinnest width. Standard is mid height and mid width (what the guest/default Miis give you). Large is tallest height and largest width.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hello all. Been doing more frame counting and I finished putting together the frame data for Mii Brawler. I've got data for Tiny Mii Brawler, Standard Mii Brawler, and Large Mii Brawler. I think there are more frame data variances in between these three options, but hopefully this is helpful.

Pretty much the main differences comes with the endlag on their normals, and a few hitlag/shieldlag/shieldstun differences. Start-up is always the same. Their specials are identical regardless of size, aside from some minor differences in hitlag/shieldlag/shieldstun on a few.
Could you explain what Advantage (Drop) means? Sorry I'm a bit new to this, I'm assuming it's frame advantage on block, but if that were the case I'm having trouble understanding how Tiny Mii Brawler's n-air is +3/+1 on shield. Like, I'm PRETTY sure he doesn't get the frame advantage for landing that move on block.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Could you explain what Advantage (Drop) means? Sorry I'm a bit new to this, I'm assuming it's frame advantage on block, but if that were the case I'm having trouble understanding how Tiny Mii Brawler's n-air is +3/+1 on shield. Like, I'm PRETTY sure he doesn't get the frame advantage for landing that move on block.
The Advantage (Drop) is taking shield drop timing into account (which takes up 8 frames). The Advantage (OOS) is for if they use an out-of-shield option, which ignores shield drop frames.

Also, block advantage for air attacks assumes that you hit with them as low to the ground as possible. The advantage gets less the higher you hit with it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Mii Brawler players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Mii Brawler and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
I'll try to draw a thing if it isn't too late.

Hey Mii Brawler players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Mii Brawler and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!
I'll be right over!

link2702

Smash Champion
now with the samus gunner suit its official.....the mii gunner is a better samus then....samus.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Just when you thought Smash Bros. had enough "waifus".

ZERO SUIT LONK FLIPS IN!

Yikarur

Smash Master
At the end of the month there is a Custom: off tournament in paris that allows Mii's Evo Sets. I'll make sure to abuse Mini Mii Brawler as much as possible ^0^

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Guys, is there any reasons to use Shot Put over Ultimate Uppercut?

It can be the most niche reason, I just need to make a Shaq Mii Brawler after what my friend just gave me.

Last edited:

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179

It can be the most niche reason, I just need to make a Shaq Mii Brawler after what my friend just gave me.
It's a good projectile.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
It's a good projectile.
It's too slow and kills too late to have a use over Uppercut imo

There are some uses in certain matchups, like Peach or Rosalina. You could always just make 2 Shaq sets, one with Shot Put and one with Uppercut.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Does someone here has QRs of the custom project Miis that can be edited? All three types? If someone has them, then thank you very much.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we just released a video for the Miis. Hope you enjoy!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Hey everybody! I've always loved create-a-character mode in games, and that's no exception here. Since the game came out, I've always loved making Mii fighters. But only recently have I realized how much I like the Mii Brawler competitively. I mean, no one will ever beat out my main man :4dedede: in my heart, but Miis are pretty great. Looking to make the Brawler a solid secondary.

Also, here's my two cents on how Miis should be handled, since that always seems to be such a hot topic:

DEFAULT, 1111. I think this is just as fair as it should be.

Hopefully, I'll be around!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey does anybody have any ideas for customizations for a good representation of a Viridi Mii Fighter?
And perhaps King K Rool and Chrom while we're at it?
The Tornado would probably also be very fitting, since it's the most "natural" option amongst the other two Neutral Specials. Her Side Special is "officially" Chakram as seen in the trailer, so that works I guess. Skyward Slash Dance would probably a good option since she would kinda fly around, but her huge crush on Link justifies Hero's Spin too I guess. Having her Down Special be the Reflector / Cape seems like a no brainer because magical god powers makes more sense to me than a Counter or a Rushing Dash Attack.
So Viridi's ideal set would probably be 1322 or 1332 if you really ship Link and Viridi.

Chrom would probably have 3111, super basic stuff the other Fire Emblem characters have. "Stab" attack for neutral. "Moving Slash" for side (he even does something similar to this in game). "Rising and Downward attack" for up (Akin to Ike). Counter for down.

K. Rool needs Shotput for Kannon Balls. For the rest I went with moves that involved slamming his body in some way (Headache Maker for Side, Soaring Axe Kick for Up, Head-On Assault for Down), but I've seen a couple use Helicopter Kick being justified by his Helicopter Pack in DKC3.
So 1311 or 1321 probably works best for emulating K. Rool.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I don't know if this comparison has ever been made for Mii Brawler, but fondly remembering the ideas of his best sets, size, and weight, among other factors (maybe even Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity??) all rolled into 1 being (It was Tiny & Thin 1122 or 1222 or 1322 or 2122 or 2222 or 2322, right?), REALLY reminded me of this:
Basically, Mii Brawler in the best form can be as explosively rewarding as 3S Makoto. If I were to ever talk about Brawler in a serious MU analysis type of setting (which I would LOVE to do some day, since I actually LIKE Brawler (and Swordfighter & Gunner as well) to the point of being a total fanboy over all 3 Mii types, which upon the Tourney Mode patch's release allowing for them to be playable online... *Cue me embarking on a squeefest!*), comparisons to folks like 3S Makoto, Marvel 2 & UMVC3's countless 0-to-KOers, and other fast & powerful combo machine types in traditional 2D fighters would most certainly be made. I'd probably even mention MegaYoshi in Mugen at some point, since he has a surprisingly hard to do (UMVC3 Zero's Lightning Loops/"Zoop Zoop" levels of input difficulty??) Skullgirls!Fukua styled meterless corner infinite in the form of Double Tap Up xx Jumping MP/MK xx Jumping HK --> REPEAT from Double Tap Up.

To be honest, when I made this sort of connection, I REALLY found myself getting super-hype enough to be SQUEEING LOUDLY in a rather... unmasculine manner to say the least. XDXD
Were I to talk about any of the Miis in a serious MU type of post, such hype would be flowing in me the whole time, and said hype basically extends to Custom Anyone as well.

Perhaps at some point I should get around to making or finding a Mii version of SF's Makoto.... I'd totally put a Straw Hat on her, since one of her DLC outfits in USF4 has one. :3

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
i was feeling inspired but i came to these boards and am now feeling disheartened (seriously you guys [brawlers] have less metagame-relevant threads than the ultra dead diddy boards)

is there a discord or something that i'm missing? most characters have their own discord server but i think a combined server for all 3 mii fighters would actually be a really good idea and breathe some life into this community, lucas+ness and marth+lucina for example have combined servers despite the first combination not really making a lot of sense but for miis it would actually work

is the sort of discussion that actually pushes the development of mii brawler happening anywhere at all? i just wanna talk about footstools and jab locks and regrabs and combos and bounce ideas off of people but if noone else is doing it that's a huge bummer

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
i was feeling inspired but i came to these boards and am now feeling disheartened (seriously you guys [brawlers] have less metagame-relevant threads than the ultra dead diddy boards)

is there a discord or something that i'm missing? most characters have their own discord server but i think a combined server for all 3 mii fighters would actually be a really good idea and breathe some life into this community, lucas+ness and marth+lucina for example have combined servers despite the first combination not really making a lot of sense but for miis it would actually work

is the sort of discussion that actually pushes the development of mii brawler happening anywhere at all? i just wanna talk about footstools and jab locks and regrabs and combos and bounce ideas off of people but if noone else is doing it that's a huge bummer
And gunner/swordfighter's boards are even deader... barely cracking 2 pages worth of content with the occasional topic here and there.

We have a skype group and a discord that does that (3 mii classes, some meta/discovery talk and other extracurricular things that go on there), but the skype group seems to be more active atm.

SebTremblay

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this was posted already, but some people on Reddit are working on mii fighters template for each specific characters announced (Viridi, Geno, Akira, etc). This include movesets, mii sizes, equipments, etc.

The goal is to make those characters, which only have mii costume, more unique and recognizable, with specific traits and abilities. For example we have:

-A King K Rool who gets stronger when is HP are above 100%, to reflect his short temper
- A Tail with a lot of air mobility
- A Zero who really emphasize on dash

Here's the original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3x7wju/canon_mii_fighter_template_project_community/
Here's the finish mii templates so far: https://www.reddit.com/r/MiiFighterProject

We are actually voting for the Tail template and the Protoman. I wish more people would be aware of this project, I think it's worth it!!

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Is there not a metagame discussion thread here? I've been looking into mii brawler but most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing. I've learned some combos from labbing, and I'm interested in learning more about this character. It seems almost no threads involving the mii brawler metagame. (not that there has to be only competitive threads, but there should be at least SOME)

Top Bottom