• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
So no one is letting their imaginations run wild at the potential of customizing only their special B moves?
(And as some idiots can't understand this point: of course transformations would no be applicable, and Olimar's standard B would work like how Kirby's copy ability does, and his other 3 special moves would not be an option)

My Indiana Jone's Mii would love a Zero Suit Samus up b, and Sheik's side b.
My Jesus Mii would look great with Pit's up b, and he was a carpenter after all so Kirby's side b hammer would be a nice touch. Of course he would need Ness or Lucas' down b to regenerate himself because of his ability to resurrect.
My Hank Hill Mii would have various fire based attacks.
And my Thor Mii would look great with Pikachu's down b and Kirby's side b.

I can't believe you guys cannot see the potential of how fun and refreshing this could be for the series.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
From a competitive standpoint I'm hesitant to be excited about customizable movesets unless there's a default they can use.

It would certainly be a ton of fun casually (that Thor Mii idea is ****ing hilarious), but at the same time it would either have to be limited in some ways (Could Mii's have Mac's KO Punch or Rosalina's Luma summoning?)

It feels a little weird to have a character that can be literally every character, but with a different hurtbox. (Non-specials not included)

Regardless of competitive or casual viewpoint, I think there's something tricky and complicated about customizable movesets. I'd happily accept them if they have a default. It's not fair to competitive players who love Mii's to not be able to use their character the way they want.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I do feel, seeing as they are most likely going to be in, that customizable Special moves based on other characters would be the best way to handle them (and this is coming from someone that doesn't like them).

SonicMario

Smash Master
I do feel, seeing as they are most likely going to be in, that customizable Special moves based on other characters would be the best way to handle them (and this is coming from someone that doesn't like them).
I disagree that Customized moved based on other characters is the best way. They do have a capable moveset potential on their own. If they have their own unique moveset, then they're truly part of the cast.

But even if they do have customized. They have to have a default of some sort. Otherwise when you pick Mii you'd have a character with almost no moveset other then maybe the punches and kicks. (I assume the special moves would be the only thing customizable)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
IMO Miis could be the next newcomer revealed, considering we've seen their Wii U AND 3DS stages and that there's no reason to keep them as secret characters when they can be used as a selling point for the game.

Also, can I just say...

It will be hilarious when they do get revealed. The meltdowns in these boards alone should be fun. :laugh:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, can I just say...

It will be hilarious when they do get revealed. The meltdowns in these boards alone should be fun. :laugh:
As far as I'm concerned, you won't find much satisfaction in my reactions. I don't like them, and I'll be annoyed, but at the end of the day, I'll keep calm and won't throw a tantrum. Besides, just because I don't personally want them doesn't mean I don't see them as very likely.

I think they will most likely be revealed at E3, assuming they are in, which seems the most suitable time to reveal them. At the end of the day, Miis are Nintendo icons.

SonicMario

Smash Master
At the very least, I'm pretty sure if Miis are revealed at E3 they'll have at least one or two very popular characters that might at least soften the blow for people here that don't want them. They could be E3 2014's Wii Fit Trainer while we get another character that hypes us to the game like Megaman.

I almost want to see Ridley and Miis being revealed playable. How would Smashboards react when both it's #1 Wanted character. And one if it's least wanted is revealed in the same day? xD

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, you won't find much satisfaction in my reactions. I don't like them, and I'll be annoyed, but at the end of the day, I'll keep calm and won't throw a tantrum. Besides, just because I don't personally want them doesn't mean I don't see them as very likely.

I think they will most likely be revealed at E3, assuming they are in, which seems the most suitable time to reveal them. At the end of the day, Miis are Nintendo icons.
By your comments, of course you're not one of the people I'm referring to.

Some comments I've read about Miis are just deep in denial and incredibly negative about the possibility of them being in, despite them being all but confirmed IMO.

They could as well be revealed at E3 of course. I just assume there will be a Nintendo Direct reveal around April and they're as good as any character to be revealed there.

But I guess yeah, they could be more "impactful" for an E3 trailer.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
At the very least, I'm pretty sure if Miis are revealed at E3 they'll have at least one or two very popular characters that might at least soften the blow for people here that don't want them. They could be E3 2014's Wii Fit Trainer while we get another character that hypes us to the game like Megaman.

I almost want to see Ridley and Miis being revealed playable. How would Smashboards react when both it's #1 Wanted character. And one if it's least wanted is revealed in the same day? xD
To be honest, I feel that Mewtwo and K. Rool (assuming he is in) , considering that they are popular both in the west and in the east, unlike Ridley' who is only popular in the west, would be better choices to reveal at E3. Pac-Man can also be revealed then.

The way I see it, April i feel would most likely be the time for either Palutena, Takamaru or a FE13 character.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I can live with Mii, I also would be indifferent if they weren't included.

The thing is we have no idea exactly how they'd be implemented, like they could be fully customizable move sets, semi-customization (different size Mii gives different moveset), or just like every other character. I feel if they were included, Sakurai would surprise us with something we never thought of and we'd all love it.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can live with Mii, I also would be indifferent if they weren't included.

The thing is we have no idea exactly how they'd be implemented, like they could be fully customizable move sets, semi-customization (different size Mii gives different moveset), or just like every other character. I feel if they were included, Sakurai would surprise us with something we never thought of and we'd all love it.
I'm sure Sakurai will seriously surprise everyone. :smirk:
I already went to second thoughts when it comes to their moveset, and it's actually alot of fun.

I would like to but I wouldn't like to.
Lazy. :colorful: Read so your mind can be changed.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Well I do respect your concerns and I do know that Miis can cause trouble if not checked but I do think there would be a way that could avoid this issue without having a separate mod team search out for people. Like games like Nintendo land your constantly getting Miis from around the world and thus you don't want any offensives ones showing up, In that game Mii's are restricted to the ones that are under Nintendo Network accounts (which is already have mods removing offensive Miis). So while online matches your only restricted to a Mii under a NN account so it would avoid most of the problem (offline matches however go nuts hehe ^^). I have also played world wide online games with Miis like MK and Mario Sports Mix and I never came across any offensive Miis and those games don't even have mods, but that might just be Mii (bad pun).
Just wanted to re-post something I said earlier in the Rate-This-Character topic.
Has anyone else noticed that people like to mention offensive Miis a lot when arguing against them. I mean games in the past like Mario Kart, Sports Mix, and even Brawl (for online profiles) let you choose Miis without Mods or censors and to be honest I never ran into offensive Miis before like I said. Why is it such a hot button issue now? Especially now since we have mods for Nintendo Network removing offensive material and all the Miis we see now online are only ones bound to NN accounts. Games like Nintendo Land, Soinc and allstars Racing, Lost Words, 3D world, and others only use the Miis under accounts so why stop for smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just wanted to re-post something I said earlier in the Rate-This-Character topic.
Has anyone else noticed that people like to mention offensive Miis a lot when arguing against them. I mean games in the past like Mario Kart, Sports Mix, and even Brawl (for online profiles) let you choose Miis without Mods or censors and to be honest I never ran into offensive Miis before like I said. Why is it such a hot button issue now? Especially now since we have mods for Nintendo Network removing offensive material and all the Miis we see now online are only ones bound to NN accounts. Games like Nintendo Land, Soinc and allstars Racing, Lost Words, 3D world, and others only use the Miis under accounts so why stop for smash.
It's really not an issue.

People are just desperate for no Miis so they make up reasons.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, because not turning Super Smash Bros. into "Trip***: The Game" like Mario Kart Wii is such a crime against humanity.
Mario Kart Wii never really had those problems.

And when it did it was exceptionally rare.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Mario Kart Wii never really had those problems.

And when it did it was exceptionally rare.
I saw a long post explaining the legal issues of the Miis and how offensive faces could put Nintendo in hot water if they go online with them. I thought to myself if that was the case it would of happened a looooooooong time ago with MK Wii or any other game with Miis online.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah while the stuff brought up about how Miis being based on real people could bring up legal issues for some reason is a new reason that I didn't bring up in my post listing arguments against the many reasons... But if this was an issue why did not many people speak up about it for the games that did use Miis for Online.

It only says how stupid the people who are abusing it anyway. The vast majority of those who will use Miis, will use it for it's intended use: Playing as themselves. The actions of an annoying minority should not ruin what could be fun for what the Majority will use it for.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What if Mii's expanded on Peach's Forward Smash.

A Mii's A button moves could largely be based off a weapon. Down B switches the weapon and its stats, but not the attack animation. Except maybe for a smash or two.

For example: the Mii could have a tennis racket and fencing sword from Wii Sports Resort (and possibly a third weapon/item/tool from a Mii game). The tennis racket might have less range, but be quicker with more knock-back. The fencing sword would have range and might do a little more damage.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Most arguments people use against the Mii's really aren't very good arguments at all. Like Swampasaur said, most of them just sound like desperate attempts to justify why they wouldn't be playable imo. :/

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Is there a Mii support list? I geniunely would like to play with my own bearded Mii in Smash. They are not my top priority, but... Dunno, I feel like they could be fun.

It looks like people only wants the Mii to have the neogaf rumor true, and so, have Pac-Man (from what I saw from French boards, at least)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What if Mii's worked like Soul Caliber characters?
Aesthetically varying, but ultimately a clone of an existing character. Not broken, still customizable.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What if Mii's worked like Soul Caliber characters?
Aesthetically varying, but ultimately a clone of an existing character. Not broken, still customizable.
As much as I like SoulCalibur 5 character creation (I'm sure I spent more time creating characters than actually fighting), it can't really work with Smash.
In SoulCalibur, every character have a human body. Well, a realistic humanoid body at least. In Smash, there's a whole range of characters, like Mario, Ganondorf, Kirby or the Villager. They all have different shapes, and I seriously don't imagine a Mii having Kirby's moves.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think customization can be built into the Mii character itself.

B could switch the weapons used in A moves. (but the attack animation stays the same).
Down B could change the Mii's proportions. Making the Mii shorter and faster or heavier and slower.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think customization can be built into the Mii character itself.

B could switch the weapons used in A moves. (but the attack animation stays the same).
Down B could change the Mii's proportions. Making the Mii shorter and faster or heavier and slower.
A fighter that changes proportions? That sounds kind of interesting. But sounds like it'd be too much overwork for one character. Also kinda sounds similar to Pokemon Trainer's gimmick but instead of switching out. It's like if Pokemon Trainer's pokemon was actually a Ditto and it transformed into Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Down B could create a vertical scaling tool near the Mii. The bar could be shifted down or up. There are three sizes. Small, Medium, Large (press of B or A to exit this mode). The proportions change the speed, range, size, weight, and power of the Mii. So basically the Mii would be a character plus two clones.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I know I already kinda mentioned this in the big post with the arguments I made. But thought I'd put up this short little tidbit that's just another clue in on the Miis. The fact that all of the Newcomers so far sans Mega Man are there to represent successful (Either critically, financially, or both) Wii Games.

Wii Fit Trainer representing the 3rd Best Selling Wii game Wii Fit
Villager's default is based on the look of the Villager we see on the cover of Animal Crossing: City Folk
Rosalina represents Super Mario Galaxy, considered one of the Best Mario games.
and Little Mac represents Punch-Out Wii

Megaman could count if you consider the WiiWare games but it's quite obvious of the 5 newcomers Mega Man was definitely included because of popularity and not having to do with his contribution to the Wii.

The way this relates to the Mii is that because most of our Newcomers so far are focused on representing something succesful from the previous generation... the Mii is helped in that not only is the Mii series the best selling franchise on the Wii (That's Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Party, Wii Sports resort all put together make up over 170 Million sales) plus three of the games in the Mii series are in the Top 10 Best-Selling games of all time. The Mii is practically the mascots of the Wii. In other words, even if not many here on this site that actually want them. If they're excluded from the roster, it'd feel like SSB4 is missing a vital part of the Wii's history that should not be ignored.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So...we have three stages related to Miis.

1. Pilotwings stage
2. Find Mii 2 stage
3. Tomodachi Collection stage

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't forget the Wii Fit stage. Yes, it may be Wii Fit Trainer's stage but we played as Miis in Wii Fit games.

I also wish that the Find Mii stage hinted at the Wandering Heroes as a new playable team character but they are probably going to end up as stage hazards or Assist Trophies.

I hope Sakurai confirms Miis as newcomers. I want to see how creative and unique Sakurai makes them. And I want Sakurai to make Mii haters eat crow.

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's a bit early to say Miis are confirmed. Brawl had three stages (Smashville, Hanenbow, Pictochat) without any characters on the roster, so the same could hold for Miis. It really depends on whether Sakurai wants them as fighters, or sees them more like how he saw the Animal Crossing villagers in Brawl.

Personally I think Miis would be bland and boring and fit better as background elements, but Sakurai could swing my opinion with an exciting reveal trailer.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So, four Mii stages. Two in each version. Yeah, i'm expecting the Miis at E3 or when Tomodachi Colleciton comes to the West.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Wait, Tomodachi? Isn't that a Namco property? O.o
That's Tamagotchi :smirk:

I'm still indifferent on Miis. If they're in, fine. I doubt I'll use them but I don't really believe in the whole "this character is taking up space" rhetoric some people come out with when a character they don't like is included. It's not like Miis don't deserve to be there.

Fully customizable movesets, though, are a bad idea. Partly for balance reasons, but I also think it would be a poor way to utilize Miis. They have so many games of their own to represent. Miis have been boxers, golfers, racers, fencers, tennis players, pilots, archers, bowlers, skydivers and musicians to name just a few of their roles. Like I said in my last post here, Miis have everything it takes to be a modern day Mr. Game & Watch, and I think using them in any other way would be an overcomplication.

Top Bottom