• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the Streetpass quest (Find Mii is stoopid name) stage does give Us something to think about, especially the missing King/Queen...

Junahu

Smash Ace
That's the final boss from Find Mii II (AKA Streetpass Quest II). It's hard to tell whether this is a Find Mii themed stage, or if the creature is an Assist Trophy. Either way, it's certainly Mii related, and it makes a stronger case for Miis being a playable character. I'll add the screenshot to the OP​

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This pretty much gives the miis a godzilla size chance now of being confirmed

Let's be reasonable. There's the pilotwings/Wuhu stage on the WiiU version and this guy on the 3DS version (without a Mii in the cage I might add) so the chances are good but stages aren't a surefire sign of confirmation (remember Animal Crossing in Brawl?) At best it's an Allosaurus sized chance.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
This pretty much gives the miis a godzilla size chance now of being confirmed
I never really thought that a stage would give help to a newcomer being revealed.
If a Rhythm Heaven stage were shown I'd be the first one to count a Rhythm Heaven character out.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Until we actually see Miis, it's still up in the air what role they will play in the next Smash Bros.
The fact they haven't been shown as background characters (even in places they absolutely should be appearing) is very interesting. Ostensibly, it could be that the development team haven't implemented the Mii assets neccessary to render Miis in-game. But it could also be because the Miis are playable, and all their background appearances were culled to prevent over-representation (and clutter).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well it's obviously a Find Mii stage or a WarioWare-style Streetpass stage.
There's a cage hanging in the background.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Look, Mii should have in Brawl, but for whatever ******** reason, he wasn't. He needs to be in. The only character with a higher priority would be Mewtwo, but that's irrelevant. Mii could be similar to Villager and G&W, using various items from his own series. He would join Wii Fit Trainer as part of the Wii Fit series (Yes, I know, it's ********, but I don't think we need another series just for Mii). I don't have a 100% move-set, since I'm kind of depending on you guys to come up awesome move-sets, but here goes:
B-Archery (Like Link's, but with Pit's bow's angles)
Over B- Frisbee (similar to Mega Man's saw disk thing, but can only be throw forward and can be slightly charged, and generates a very weak vacuum effect)
Up B-Skydive (Almost exactly like G&W's Fire, but less vertical distance, more horizontal, and the parachute opens as part of the move, like in Brawl.)
Down B-Need Idea
Final Smash-Slam Dunk (Mii grabs the character and jumps forward, and meteor smashes the character, KO-ing if you are off the edge). Could use more ideas.

Need Ideas for smashes, tilts, and aerials, though his forward smash could like a sword swipe or something, IDK. I'll let you guys come up with more move-sets if you'd like. Your ideas are probably way better than mine.:rotfl:

Oh, almost forgot. Here's an interesting idea. Mii's are supposed to be customizable, right? So, my idea is this. There are 4 different kinds of character trophies for characters, correct? (Regular, Final Smash, Smash Red, and Smash Blue.) Well, there are 4 modes that could possibly give you a trophy, right? (Classic, All-Star, Adventure [WHICH HAD BETTER REURN], and one other (IDK, Boss Battles, Multi-Man Melee, other stuff). So, what if when you got all 4 trophies for one character, you unlocked a hoodie of them. Your Mii would wear a hoodie corresponding to your favorite color. But, you could switch that hoodie so that your Mii would have it's stats altered (Weight, Falling Speed, Dash Speed, Etc.) according to which character hoodie it was wearing. The stats would ALTERED, not changed (so -3 weight, +3 dash speed, -4 falling speed, etc.) Also, as an extra goodie, your Mii would have all of it's special attacks changed to match those of the character that the hoodie it's wearing represents. Tell me what you guys think of my idea, particularly on how hard it is to get the hoodies and if you think they're special moves should be altered (which I'm kind of iffy on, IDK why). Thanks!!!:) Ya know, I also forgot to mention, it's OK if you just think the hoodies should be available from the start, or just not in the game at all. It's also OK if you think the hoodies should just be aesthetic. Also, do you guys think that Mii should be a starter character or an unlockable character? Sorry I forgot to post those things. IDK why I keep cutting myself of too early.:rolleyes:

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
They announced (hinted) mii as playable today!!!! ok not really but let me explain during the direct on the 18th they showed Regi's Mii as a mascot costume, I think this kinda guarantees it because have you ever seen a mii costume before?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Oh boy, someone has summoned Mii. I absolutely approve of Miis in the next Smash, and can easily come up with a moveset for them.

Junahu

Smash Ace
If I can use Drag and Drop on my opponent (or other objects), then I'd absolutely love it as an Up Special.

It's already a visually interesting move, but if it only invokes a flight-style recovery on the player, then it's not a very mechanically interesting move.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ok, my turn. Ill try to get some visual representation, when I get good at drawing. =P

Wii Sports
Red/Blue: Boxer
They specialize in Power and Defense, but lack Speed
AAA Combo- 3 Punches.
Grab:
Forward Throw- Face Punch
Backward Throw- Roll back and toss
Upward Throw- Uppercut
Downward Throw- Jump, the slam down
Continual Hold- Face Punches
Light Blue/Orange/Green: Tennis Player
The specialize in Speed and Defense, but lack in Power
AAA Combo- 3 Swings
Grab:
Forward Throw- Serve
Backward Throw- Backhand Serve
Upward Throw- Overhand Serve
Downward Throw- Smack Down
Continual Hold- Smacks
Yellow/Light Green: Bowlers
They really specialize in Power, have average Speed, but lack in Defense (Meaning that their shields are weaker and they are more open after attacks)
AAA Combo- Bowling Pin smacks
Grab:
Forward Throw- Bowling ball throw
Backward Throw- Toss back
Upward Throw- Toss up, and then bowling pins are thrown
Downward Throw- Drop to the ground,the a bowling ball is dropped
Continual Hold- Bowling Pin slaps
Purple/Black/Brown: Baseball Player
They are very average players.
AAA Combo- 2 Smacks, then a Hard Swing
Grab:
Forward Throw- Hard Swing
Backward Throw- Hard Pitch
Upward Throw- Overhand Pitch
Downward Throw- Throw Down
Continual Hold- Baseball Bat smacks
White/
Pink: Golfers
Specialize in Defense, has average Speed, but lack in power. They have long range attacks.
AAA Combo- 3 Swings
Grab:
Forward Throw- FORE!!!!
Backward Throw- Toss Away
Upward Throw- Overhead Swing/Went way off the Mark
Downward Throw- Burrowed Tee
Continual Garb- Plentiful Swings

B/Neutral Special- Bowling Ball Toss: The Player must throws a slow moving bowling ball. Very easy to dodge, but deadly if its caught. Slow start up.
(In air effects: Drops ball immediately)
Side B/Side Special- Tennis Racket: This is pretty much Mario's Cape, but with two differences: 1.It does a bit more damage (Because its heavier) 2.It does not make the opponent turn over. Instead, they flinch like if it was any other attack.
(In air effects- Same as Mario's Cape)
Up B/ Upward Special- Uppercut Punch: The Player moves a very short horizontal distance, then shoots straight up. Nice amount of damage is done if caught, and it has a nice vertical gain. Horrible for horizontal recoveries.
(In air effects- If an opponent is caught in the air, then the Player grabs the opponent, shoots them down, and gets a vertical gain)
Down B/ Downward Special- Golf Ball Hit: The Player charges up to hit a Golf Ball. The more charged it is, the farther it goes and the stronger it is. If the enemy gets hit from afar, they receive more damage.
(In air effect- There is no charge)

I will post the rest of this moveset later, I need a break.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Mii

Thought I'd do the Miis some justice by attempting to give them a moveset that isn't exactly like G&W or Villagers. Hopefully I ran the unique factor home. Also digged the Drag and Drop idea, so i extended to it.

B - Size change

Your Mii grows huuuge! Depending how long you hold the charge, a two bars will slowly move right and your Mii will grow tall and wide. This increases attack strength up to x 2 regular attack power!

Up+B - Drag and Drop

A cursor comes on screen and picks the Mii up, and they dangle while making that goofy noise. The cursor is directed with the control stick and can be dropped by pressing B again.

Side+B - Edit/Remove (See drag and drop)
The Mii stands in a pondering pose and the cursor appears again. It reaches for the nearest opponent (not incredibly long range so don't worry) and pulls them close to the Mii. Two menu like options appear near the Mii; one in front saying 'edit' and one behind saying 'remove'. This brings it into a command grab, where throwing back will 'remove' your opponent by throwing them far back and tilting forward will allow the Mii to 'edit' their opponent by messing with their size, power and name. These effects last for 5 seconds.

Down+B - Wii Menu
Enemies within close range will fall victim to the Wii Menu! When the Wii Menu is opened, area around fades to black and two menu options are seen

All enemies within its range are frozen in place for a short time. Think Sleep for Jiggs, so it won't be an easy attack to land but stretches a fair distance.

Up tilt - Tennis Serve
Forward Tilt - Javelin thrust
Down tilt - Golf putt

Forward Smash - Overhead Prop
Hits opponents overhead with a prop from varying from violins, baseball bats, rackets, wii remotes, wii zappers, saxophones and swords

Down Smash - Wiimote bundle
Stretches arms both ways with a wiimote and nun-chuck in hand! Better wear a wriststrap!

Upsmash - Send Message
A message is shot upwards to be send to Miiverse. After attack a message displays 'message has been sent'

Aerials - assortment of props used in their games, really could be anything

Meteor Smash - pants turn into red as they were favourite and the Mii does a downward kick.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I 100% support miis in ssb4. As long as they either don't have customizable movesets, or such movesets can be turned off or otherwise reset to a default. Just be prepared for whole lot of matches against little mii hitlers... hiitlers?

I personally want to make a mii that looks like samuel l. jackson.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Miitler?

I do like the idea of Miis, they have plenty of games now (Wii Sports, Play, Party, Pilotwings for exemple), and can have some fun moveset (as long as it is not customizable). Also, the "Drag and Drop" Up-B idea is awesome.

I really want my bearded Mii to fight against Nintendo characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know that Wii Hand that you control when you're in the Wii Menu:

Since Rosalina uses the Galaxy one, why not give them to the Miis in case they aren't customizable.
The Sensor Hand would be a unique helpful tool that helps them hit accurately, controlling it with the move stick. They could also drag themselves into recovery by using the Wii Hand to recover. The Miis could also have a move where they can freely control the bat like Sheik's chain. I think these moves showcases the Wii's motion controls very well, and I think it could make them really unique.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Until I can make myself in the Mii creator thing, sideburns and weird ass hair and all, I dun wan it.

Joking, I do see Mii's easily making it in. Whatever, that works. I can have Trever Phillips [Mii edition] from GTA 5 fight regardless anyway then.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I made a moveset for the Miis now, I think I might main them soon enough if they use this moveset:

Here's the Mii playstyle:

Miis are unique, they can carry opponents and many things that surround them using the Wii Hand. Their moveset is based on the Wii Motion Controls that defined gaming and the equipment used in Wii Sports. Although most of their moves are fairly weak and are not able to KO an opponent, they have many unique things to use that make them fairly capable to live on the Battlefield.

Down-B: Sports Equipment Switch: The Mii switches with up to 5 sports gear to choose from to use for his Normal-B, you are able to quickly change gear, so there's no worrying about an opponent trying to get on you. There are many unique moves the Miis can choose:

Neutral-B:

Boxing Gloves: When changed into the boxing gloves, the Miis power in their punching moves is raised by x1.5. When you use the move however, gives a standard charge punch attack.

Bowling Ball: When changed into the Bowling Ball, the Miis are able roll the bowls for a projectile. Although slow, the balls have big KO potential if not dealt with.

Golf Club: When changed into the club, the Mii swings a golf club to shoot weak but abusable golf balls. You can shoot up to three at a time in the field, although the projectiles are a little slow when in the air.

Tennis Racket: When changed to the racket, the Mii is able to stun the opponent for a little while if the racket hits the opponent. Although the Mii will wear out if the move used too much.

Baseball Bat: When changed to the baseball bat, the Mii uses the baseball bat to swing out some fastballs that move in a straight line. The bat however does not hit opponents, only the baseballs. The balls have decent KO potential if aimed correctly.

Side-B: Reticle: The Mii summons a reticle that you can control circularly with the Control stick, once the B-Button is let go, the Mii will automatically throw the projectile where the target is at in a straight line. Note that it is not a homing projectile and it does not kill the opponent. If you use the reticle for moves such as the Mii's Golf Club and the Baseball Bat, it automatically home on the reticle.

Up-B: Drag: Miis summon the Wii Hand above them, the player can control the hand freely using the control stick, the maximum length you can reach the hand is about a platform distance. Once you grab the Mii with the hand, it will automatically cling the mii for you to drag. You can move them freely to any height you wish till after 2 seconds, using the hand to recover yourself slowly back to the stage. You can also grab the opponents to with your hand, and drag them at given speed. Just imagine dragging Mario, and trolling them like you have the force, it could potentially be a very fun move to use.

Edit: It seems someone invented the Drag move before me, welp, I thought I was a genius. ;-;

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm not sure if I want Mii playable...

That guy's kind of a pain.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I still believe the Mii's play style should be customizable options.

A Button attacks:
Choose your weapon style:
Sword and Shield (Find Mii)
Katana (Sports Resort)
Golf Club (Sports)
Staff/Pool Cue (Wii Play)
Boxing Gloves (Wii Sports)
Wii Mote + Nunchuck (Really, nunchucks) (Reality)
Boat Oar (Sports Resort)
Something from Nintendo Land
Something else from the 3DS Mii plaza games. Like the shooter one?

B Button Attacks:
Total customizable, select from list. Each one affect speed, size, and strength stats to maintain balance.

SonicMario

Smash Master
WFT is cute and all but SSB is for hardcore fans, hardcore fans don't care about miis one bit.
...:facepalm:

Smash Bros. is meant for every kind of Nintendo fan. The long-time/"Hardcore" fans will appreciate all the history that's represented in the game from the roster, trophy gallery, music, etc. While the more casual side just wants to play as their favorite mainstream Nintendo characters and fight as them. For some of those, that might include playing as a Mii even if they just view it as playing as themselves.

There is a way to balance Smash Bros. to cater to many types of audiences. If you just aim for one, it's just not good for the game at all. You get more people interested in the game if there's something for everybody who is currently a Nintendo fan. If anybody is alienated by the game, just because Miis might get included in the roster, they have a twisted sense of what the Smash Bros. series is all about. It's ALL things Nintendo. Not a half of it. Miis are as much of a mascot of Nintendo as some of the other characters that are already playable to some fans, that's really all that counts in the end.

With posts like these, it comes off as really inconsiderate and ignorant to people who may enjoy Smash Bros. for a different reason most of us do.
Figured I'd copy and past this from the Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii rumor thread. I've always stated on how neutral I was on Mii. But given how obvious the bias is, and almost none of the people who don't want Miis have a real legitimate reason that they could be left out of the roster because of already confirmed characters and/or they're in denial. It's making me lean towards actually supporting the Mii. If/When they're confirmed, this site will probably blow up in ****storms for a while. And for the stupidest of reasons too.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Figured I'd copy and past this from the Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii rumor thread. I've always stated on how neutral I was on Mii. But given how obvious the bias is, and almost none of the people who don't want Miis have a real legitimate reason that they could be left out of the roster because of already confirmed characters and/or they're in denial. It's making me lean towards actually supporting the Mii. If/When they're confirmed, this site will probably blow up in ****storms for a while. And for the stupidest of reasons too.
Here's a plot twist for you:

It doesn't matter which character you or anyone else "support" on forums.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i guess that applies to you to since you think you can speak for an entire portion of a fanbase.
First on an unrelated topic: **** the word "fanbase".

Second: Logically why would people who up to this point only played games with defined characters and art styles suddenly care about the little rayman knock off people that look like they came from a gamecube tech demo?

Another bit of logic: In gameplay what would they even do? Sports equipment? With no voices? Do they have arms or not? Do you customize? If not who's to say what a mii even looks like? It's more trouble then it's worth.

Another bit of logic: Brawl didn't even have a Mii trophy, not even a sticker. The only references to any Mii were a few songs on Pictochat. There's no logic leading up to the reveal, the other new characters (Barring Mega Man and characters that didn't exist before Brawl) are all characters people expected based on appearances in Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom