• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I would think you would only be able to use Miis in friend battles than regular online. That would be the logical choice.
Or on online they'd be the 'standard' mii designs (The guest miis included so they don't get sued for sensitive subjects and the like.)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo Wii (and no doubt Wii U and 3DS) does have filters that can block Miis with inappropriate names from being used online.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would think that the default mii, along with the Executives' Miis would be used for online play to prevent anything even remotely vulgar/rude/offensive.

Junahu

Smash Ace
At this point Nintendo already have a stronger system for keeping the young and impressionable away from potentially inappropriate online-content. And even back when they didn't, they still had online games where you could play as a Mii.

Also, Smash Bros as a series has generally landed itself Teen ratings, which relaxes some of the liability Nintendo would have over its user generated content.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm not the biggest fan of them but...this is just the opportunity Nintendo would sooo take. The moveset's all there with hand-gliders and tennis rackets...I guess we'd all warm up to them like we did with other characters...?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Miis, while not the greatest character choice, would be natural for the character customization. Plus, I'd be fun, reaching out even more to the casual audience without having to sacrifice too much gameplay.

Not only that, but the Mii represents the revolutionary Wii, now recently retired.

Sakurai, IMO, would be happy to add them, as they could have just that Smash Bros. quirk.

So, I'll support them. Miis all the way!

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
The Mii moveset does not need any basis. It does not have to appear in a game, it does not have to have anything to do with "Mii," and it doesn't have to be special.

The Mii moveset should be extremely basic, something that any 10-year-old kid can pretend to do in their back yard (basic kicks, punches, etc.) Miis, are after all, regular old humans.

It'd be cool if Mii had 3 sizes like in Mario Kart.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Mii moveset does not need any basis. It does not have to appear in a game, it does not have to have anything to do with "Mii," and it doesn't have to be special.

The Mii moveset should be extremely basic, something that any 10-year-old kid can pretend to do in their back yard (basic kicks, punches, etc.) Miis, are after all, regular old humans.

It'd be cool if Mii had 3 sizes like in Mario Kart.
Also, I'd be neat if we had a list of specials to choose from, and different power sets for each size.

Large, Medium, and Small!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The Miis, while not the greatest character choice, would be natural for the character customization. Plus, I'd be fun, reaching out even more to the casual audience without having to sacrifice too much gameplay.

Not only that, but the Mii represents the revolutionary Wii, now recently retired.

Sakurai, IMO, would be happy to add them, as they could have just that Smash Bros. quirk.

So, I'll support them. Miis all the way!
I love how this forum treats casuals/tries to guess what they like because it makes me chuckle sometimes. I am pretty sure a casual would pick pikachu or mario or link etc. over a mii.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My little brother is a casual. He plays Toon Link and Ness.

Where is your god now?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I love how this forum treats casuals/tries to guess what they like because it makes me chuckle sometimes. I am pretty sure a casual would pick pikachu or mario or link etc. over a mii.
Realize I'm not talking about people who are familiar with the Wii games. Grandparents, parents, and the others that play games using Miis.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Sorry, forgot to put the trollface after "where is your god now?". My fault.
Err you can always edit a post?

Realize I'm not talking about people who are familiar with the Wii games. Grandparents, parents, and the others that play games using Miis.
If you are not familiar with wii games I don't you'd be familiar with Miis then. Just saying.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Err you can always edit a post?

If you are not familiar with wii games I don't you'd be familiar with Miis then. Just saying.
True, true...

Hey, has anyone even come up with a moveset for the Miis yet?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
True, true...

Hey, has anyone even come up with a moveset for the Miis yet?
Alot of people have... But it seems to be either sports based, all games wii based, or a clone fighter type where they take moves from other characters and change either each time you die etc.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alot of people have... But it seems to be either sports based, all games wii based, or a clone fighter type where they take moves from other characters and change either each time you die etc.
Yikes....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
time for the Drum roll for the mii wii party u comes out tomorrow in japan and its a holiday tomorrow Halloween could this be when the mii gets confirmed or do we still have to wait for the results

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mii's could be confirmed on Hallow's eve...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So no Miis today, so my bet is now a Smash Direct will happen around mid to end November.
Alright.. I'm looking forward to it!

Miis for Smash! Woo hoo...

Anyway, there is a lack of movesets... I'll try to make one!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The only thing going against Miis is the approach that Nintendo takes with them, not wanting them to be in violent situations. However, they are incredibly iconic, and I would be absolutely fine with their inclusion, especially assuming they are the customizable characters. I am assuming that that role goes to the Miis.

I think it's possible we see them revealed tomorrow, or we see them whenever there is a trailer focused on the introduction of newcomers.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
How hard would it be to create every Mii part in HD complete with facial expressions. Is it too much work?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Taking your question out of context; HD Miis have already been done with the WiiU's Mii integration, Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros U, WiiU Party, and Mario&Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. The Miis are a sort of reusable asset library that even third parties can license for use

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No cigar the male wii fit trainer crashed the party for the miis

(The first alternate costume confirmed andd wii fit trainer got the first i hope his voice gets changes to male

Top Bottom