• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
That's Tamagotchi :smirk:

I'm still indifferent on Miis. If they're in, fine. I doubt I'll use them but I don't really believe in the whole "this character is taking up space" rhetoric some people come out with when a character they don't like is included. It's not like Miis don't deserve to be there.

Fully customizable movesets, though, are a bad idea. Partly for balance reasons, but I also think it would be a poor way to utilize Miis. They have so many games of their own to represent. Miis have been boxers, golfers, racers, fencers, tennis players, pilots, archers, bowlers, skydivers and musicians to name just a few of their roles. Like I said in my last post here, Miis have everything it takes to be a modern day Mr. Game & Watch, and I think using them in any other way would be an overcomplication.
I did try and make a move-set for them in another thread (only specials though):
BFind Mii Magic: Depending on the color of the Mii they will do a magic spell like in Find Mii
B^ The Pointer: like in the original Mii channel they get picked up by the cursor and get lifted upwards while they flail around in a panic
B> Wii Sports: The Mii will use a sport ranging from Tennis, Boxing, Bowling, Golf, and Baseball; it will go in a specific order similar to Peach's forward smash
Bv Street Pass: A smaller Mii will appear and charge forward (sometimes it will hold an random item that can be used)

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Fully customizable movesets, though, are a bad idea. Partly for balance reasons, but I also think it would be a poor way to utilize Miis. They have so many games of their own to represent. Miis have been boxers, golfers, racers, fencers, tennis players, pilots, archers, bowlers, skydivers and musicians to name just a few of their roles. Like I said in my last post here, Miis have everything it takes to be a modern day Mr. Game & Watch, and I think using them in any other way would be an overcomplication.
The main thing to take from all of that is the Miis can be virtually anything at any time, a concept customization would support . Giving them a single stoic moveset diminishes their ability to be ever changing.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Personally I think Miis would be bland and boring and fit better as background elements, but Sakurai could swing my opinion with an exciting reveal trailer.
What I find curious, is that we have seen no Miis AS background elements yet, even in stages where they are absolutely supposed to be. With so much stage representation, isn't it odd how the Miis themselves are nowhere to be seen?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What I find curious, is that we have seen no Miis AS background elements yet, even in stages where they are absolutely supposed to be. With so much stage representation, isn't it odd how the Miis themselves are nowhere to be seen?
And why could that possibly be?:p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Watch as we have Miis as background elements like in Mario Kart thus "deconfirming" them. :smirk:
Then he reveals the Miis later. :troll:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
There's a new screenshot for Miis;

"It's based off of Tomodachi Collection, a DS life simulation game similar to Animal Crossing and The Sims. Your Miis are used(transported from Wii) and it was only in Japan."

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I really hope Miis are playable for a few reasons.

1. Piss off people.

2. I want to play as myself in a game filled with characters that i grew up with.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
How much you want to bet that mii will be revealed in the direct that talks about when Tomodatchi Collection's western release.

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
So we have Find mii stage, Tomodachi collection stage and wuhu island stage. I would be very surprised if we somehow would not have Miis as playable characters. I'm fine with them, but I hope that only the sample Miis can be used in online, for aesthetical reasons.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I dunno, watching George Bush and Gandhi duke it out would be hilarious. :laugh:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Someone (not it) should see how many pages a proposed character thread received before the newcomer was revealed.

Rosalina was quite low. The Mii thread would also probably have a low count if the Mii were revealed. Did Wii Fit Trainer even have a thread? Was the Villager also low?

Was Megaman (is it high?) and Little Mac the only one with many pages.

Sadly the characters with the most pages and discussion may not get in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Rosalina was quite low. The Mii thread would also probably have a low count if the Mii were revealed. Did Wii Fit Trainer even have a thread? Was the Villager also low?
actually i think quite a few people thought the villager had a shot (i know i did)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
What would Mii Kirby look like?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
inb4 a "Mii can't be playable in Smash because we can't think of a Mii Kirby hat!" argument.

He will probably either have your Mii's hairstyle and maybe glasses if your Mii is wearing one. Or maybe the hairstyle of the default Mii's.

Then again, if they are costumizable, there may even be a chance that Kirby can't copy them, depends how costumizable they would be I guess... I suppose we will have to wait and see about that...

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What would Mii Kirby look like?
That's... Actually a good question.

I was going to suggest the default haircut at first... But I remembered it's almost the same as the Villager. Maybe your mii's face/hair? Adding the haircut + the face elements shouldn't be that hard on the round thing kirby is.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That's... Actually a good question.

I was going to suggest the default haircut at first... But I remembered it's almost the same as the Villager. Maybe your mii's face/hair? Adding the haircut + the face elements shouldn't be that hard on the round thing kirby is.
Give Villager this:

Horned hat work uniform from the Gamecube verision.

That way, there's no issues with the Mii hair.

D

Deleted member

The confirmation of the two PO!! stages is evidence for Mii based on what Junahu has been making suggestions about. and I wish he'd come to chat more

Little Mac and Punch Out!!'s banners were not simply hidden by Sakurai, there were two alternate versions of the stage. This goes against the idea that the Miis are simply hiding away on stages by Sakurai meddling with the code. Everything we've been shown is a true representation of what's in the game. We've not seen Miis in the background of stages where they make sense or given any mention at all. It all suggests Miis are either a character or something else that means they can't appear in these places. Although I think it's also possible that the Miis simply shown up in one big Miiverse or Nintendo Land stage.

I'd also not be against a Mii Parade assist trophy. But this recent stage reveal and the mystery surrounding Mii's inclusion is all helping its newcomer bid.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I think the Find Mii stage and the Tomogotchi stage are parts of a segment of a stage of Mii-based games.
GameExplain does brings a good point.
Skip to about 13:14.
I think its going to be more of the luigish mansion type stage because the apparent in the game had plenty of different styled rooms and the pic shows one of them off. I don't think it would be throw in a stage that they were describing in the video because firstly Tomodachi was a pretty popular game and can warrant its own stage and secondly if they did do a stage that had transitions to other Mii based games it wold be safe to say that they would only stick to the streetpass games (like going to Find Mii, Mii Force, Monster Manor, and so on).

Also after looking at the outside of the apartment in Tomodachi I can easily see it being similar to Luigi's mansion stage.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
come on I'm too tired to elaborate
Oh don't worry, the trollface is here to say I'm not serious anyway.

I think its going to be more of the luigish mansion type stage because the apparent in the game had plenty of different styled rooms and the pic shows one of them off. I don't think it would be throw in a stage that they were describing in the video because firstly Tomodachi was a pretty popular game and can warrant its own stage and secondly if they did do a stage that had transitions to other Mii based games it wold be safe to say that they would only stick to the streetpass games (like going to Find Mii, Mii Force, Monster Manor, and so on).

Also after looking at the outside of the apartment in Tomodachi I can easily see it being similar to Luigi's mansion stage.
Yeah, it really looks like it's going to be like Luigi's Mansion. Above the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, we can see another plateform (wich looks like a roof).
I think this stage is going to look great!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it really looks like it's going to be like Luigi's Mansion. Above the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, we can see another plateform (wich looks like a roof).
I think this stage is going to look great!
Definatly going to look like a good stage ^^. I hope we see the nintendo room from the jp direct for the game.

Top Bottom