• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metagame Discussion Thread

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
By using 208 Speed Jolly Tyranitar, and coming in on everything but a Will-O-Wisp.

:3

D

Deleted member

so...i haven't played pokemon since salamence got banned. how is it? as bad as i think it is?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
As a guess it's 30% better than you think it is.

That would still be pretty bad wouldn't it?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
nah it's pretty rational.

I haven't played a game since FireRed, I'm very ill-equipped to deal with the metagame.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I haven't owned anything beyond Gameboy Color.
Like half the Pokémon games I've bought don't even involve the actual Pokémon battles.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I play almost all the new Pokemon games.

But really, Mystery Dungeon IS where it's at.

It takes Storyline, puts it into a Pokemon game, a GOOD story...
and comes from it is a game on unbelievable emotional levels.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
My brother deletes all my games. First Nuzlocke and now my Partners In Time Mystery Dungeon game. I got stuck on the Darkrai part though. The maze was too tough.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If they made Heracross and all the BL fliers legal in UU it would probably balance out. The only things I honestly think are actually too good for UU are Abomasnow, the ducks, Gallade, and Raikou.

Smugleaf

Smash Cadet
47.7% - 56.3% Rhy has a hard time switching in even against SubRoost's CC. Staraptor is more broken in UU than Heracross. So not all the fliers need to come back for Hera to fall from the mighty bug of war he is now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Did Smogon implement Arceus into Ubers? I ask because of the article on him in The Smog this month.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I do not get the whole Arceus lv 100 thing, you caught him at lv80 in DP if I remember correctly. So why would EV's need to be different?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It was released. There was a Toys'R'Us event earlier that made Arceus accessible.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Any new Steel-types that stand a chance against these Dragon pseudo-legendaries?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Any new Steel-types that stand a chance against these Dragon pseudo-legendaries?
I highly doubt it. This is especially the case if any of them get the new 180 power, 95 accuracy fire attack.

There's one (the name is completely slipping my mind) that has a 147 base attack stat. That's insane...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I see two ways this could go.

1. OU becomes Dragon Tier
2. Uber increases to like 30 Pokémon

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
There's rumors that a trial period WITHOUT an uber tier might happen, seeing as these new Pokemon are apparently going to be quite a threat.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Actually that has less to do with the new pokemon and more to do with everyone agreeing that the Smogon council failed. the new proposed plan is much simpler, and starts off without an uber tier and building it from scratch.

Wrath`

Smash Master
If they are re building tiers from scratch, I am sure everyone will have 1 or 2 dragons on their team. And then there will be those with a team of 6 Dragons. I love reading all the speculations on what will happen to the metagame,but we will never full understand it until A) everything is translated and B) We have the updated Shoddies/POs

I just can not wait to see what prevails as best, being highly specialized like most of the hopefull OU BW Pokemon, or being balanced like most OU DPPT metagame pokemon.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well, i think uber will still exist with the obvious group in it (everything with a BST over 600 minus slaking and regigigas and then add wobbuffet)

but everything else needs testing

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yeah, at one point Latias was OU, then got moved BACK to Ubers.

Shortly after that Mence was also sent to Ubers.

Top Bottom