• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mechanics and Application of Wavelanding and Falldashing

Veril

Frame Savant
ITS A GUIDE :) To utilizing the mechanics of airdodging and shieldsliding to improve yo' Jiggs.

*Do not post here until 1/3/09. There is already a discussion page. This is not a discussion. I probably know more about this (in regards to Jiggs) than any of you. I will expand this thread A LOT in the next few days.

I am requesting that JBR members reserve posts here.

the discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212847

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtGQP5XfQE&fmt=6

PAGE 1: How it works. Theory and Mechanics.

First things first: What you think is a waveland in the melee sense is not a waveland. Always. There are 3 distinct forms.

True Wavelanding

How to perform: Perform an airdodge into the ground at an angle. Let go of shield BEFORE you hit the ground. This results in a small dash forwards during which you can buffer a move that will come out with no lag. In addition, any landing lag from an aerial will be canceled.

The shield will NOT come out in this manner, however you will not get nearly as much slide as shown in the video. This is not possible to do if you are too close to the ground. Wavedashing up-hill is an example of this.

Buffered Land-canceled Sliding Shield: LCS

How to perform: Use an aerial that ends right before you would land. Buffer a shield during the aerial. Your aerial momentum will be amplified and continue on the ground with a sliding shield. You can perform x, y, and z out of the shield. This does not cause an airdodge to occur.

Falldashing:

Falldashing combines the above two techniques.

How to perform: Airdodge right before you hit the ground, very close to the ground. Fastfalling helps. The shield will automatically be buffered upon landing. This is the technique displayed in the video.

PND

Smash Champion
I'll reserve this post in the name of the JBR. I've already got some stuff I'm working on, so I'll post it here.

Top Bottom