• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Marvellous Guide on Falco Lombardi - by bornfidelity.com v4.2

Nigzel

Smash Ace
wtf, no

bornfidelity.com said:
Wavedashing: One of the less easily performed tactics, wavedashing is sidewards airdodging into the ground, resulting in a slide over the ground, with no lag - meaning you could attack whenever you want (except for the first 17 frames, the initial WDing animation). I'll see to this in TSII section.

the WD itself has 10 frames of lag + falco's jumping frames (wich i think is 5) . simply 10+5=15 . a total of 15 stun frames, with the jumping frames.

other than that, really nice guide ^_^ d

Zander805

Smash Ace
Hey bornfidelity, first off, your guide pwns!

Second, when performing a pillar, do you WANT to fast fall? I dunno, because I'm learning to pillar as I'm writing this, but wouldn't it be better to fall slowly because you are in the air longer, thus making it harder for your sheilding opponent to roll away for fear of getting hit with the D-Air?

Again, I'm learning, so if I'm wrong (which I probably am), please correct me.

Thanks, and keep up the great guide!

Dopey

Smash Lord
no you wanna fast fall everything with falco, faster your on the ground, faster you can do another move =)

JFox

Smash Hero
It says in your guide that Falco's Dthrow can be teched, similar to his counterpart. But I have heard that Falco's Dthrow cannot be teched. Is it that at certain percentages it cannot be teched? Please explain if you don't mind..

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
In NTSC, *some* characters, I believe Fox, Pichu, G&W and Jiggly but not sure, because I have PAL - cannot tech the dthrow. So it's possible to dthrow -> grab -> dthrow -> grab -> dthrow -> grab etc, for instance, on fox.

mrk10941

Smash Apprentice
Awesome Guide

I'm a novice Falco player, and I think this guide will help me a lot, thanks for making it. My main competition from my friends is Shiek, any tips against her?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I just read your guide and found it quite helpful as I took up Falco only recently. I'm practicing some of the techniques in this guide as I type this. There is a typo I found you might want to fix though...

Your laser provides some other tricks as well.
Such as the laser from the ledge; ledgedrop -> second jump -> B -> DI on stage with fastfall. If done correctly, you'll jump from hanging on the ledge and laser at correct height while getting on the stage.
A more sophisticated form is the DOUBLE laser from the ledge. It's the same idea like the single one, but with pressing B two times and without the fastfall. You have to weight a bit before using your second jump after the ledgedrop.
If you do this correctly, both lasers will be at the same height. It's very tricky tho.
Another laser trick is ledgecancelled laser. If you're fast enough, you can ledgedrop -> second jump -> B -> grab the ledge again. There's a REALLY small frame for this to work, but try it in 1/4th speed and you'll get the idea.
I assume you wanted the other "wait."

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
mrk10941 said:
I'm a novice Falco player, and I think this guide will help me a lot, thanks for making it. My main competition from my friends is Shiek, any tips against her?
you couldnt of been at a novice level before reading the guide if it's going to help you a lot

btw, there is a sheik vs falco thread, use the search tool

mrk10941

Smash Apprentice
I didn't really know there was a difference between noob and novice lol. I've been playing for about 2 years, but only using moves that were intended to be in the game up until a few days ago, so whatever level that equals thats what I am lol. Thanks again.

Rorschach

Smash Rookie
well thanks for the help with falco people!!! I'm gonna go and try some of that **** out. Well see ya and thanks again bornfidelity.com for the great move list.

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
nice job man, i like your guide, really helped me with the marth problem , but even with the guide marth jus plain owns falco lol, but thanks i can really use some of the tatics, but you should have gave a guide about some marios since its falcos super counter and all , but yea i understand you still doing the process anyway yea nice

jamz

Smash Journeyman
Wyte said:
nice job man, i like your guide, really helped me with the marth problem , but even with the guide marth jus plain owns falco lol
sorry man but i do believe u are wrong. yes marth can be a ***** but falco can frustrate marth just as well. yes the sword is an annoyance to work around and u cant go balls out on marth like u can on some other characters but be cautious and u'll win (ideally). like it stated in the guide spam some lasers here and there. a frustrated opponent will more likely make a mistake leaving u to punish him. also marth combos nicely, when u shine him and d-air him FF and use ur u-tilt instead of shine (this tends to work better on floaties if u didnt know already). fire stall helps with edge-guarding marth as well since many will like to save there second jump to swipe at u while ur edge hoggin to give them the chance to sweet spot. then they will be forced to land on the edge (and marth has a horrible lag time on his upB), so hop off the ledge onto the stage and give him a nice b-air to send him off again.

the only other advice i can give u is never play marth on FD. chain grabbing is a ***** especially when it leads to a tipper which ends in ur death. take him to yoshi's story where u can shine him off the top and the platforms allow for easy comboing. corneria works well for shine lames off the ceiling as well, but do it on the fin of the ship. pipes has a short top too so that could work well for u.

but what do i know this isnt my guide, maybe bf.com could correct someting or add something i missed.

good luck

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
yea i got you, some of that stuff i already knew but some stuff is easier said then done u no lol, marth just hurts in general lol, falco has no range on coming back and on slash from marth sends me flyin with perfect DI, nd if i make it back boom there i go again, its jus plain simple marth is easy mode aganist falco lol

jamz

Smash Journeyman
i thought marth was a counter to falco when i started playin hardcore, but the more and more u think about the match-up and the levels u can choose to counter him (granted in tourneys one of the 3 i list will be banned, thats y i gave u 3) falco can win. just keep playin ur marth buddy. remember falco is the most technical player in the game IMO (some say fox is, but i think they are wrong) and a lot of falcos tactics are hard to pull off but ull get them and still marth will be hard because as ur skill advances, so will the marths u play, but u should and will be able to win (if not most) a lot of the matches.

remember, marth is a lot easier to learn and be good with then falco, keep that in mind.

good luck

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
yea i got you, thx for the help, its so gay that they can start baning lvls now... i would **** anyone in final D lol, yea im ganna have to start praticing a lil in the other lvls lol, falco isnt as good in the other lvls though =/ anyway thx man

jamz

Smash Journeyman
Falco&Victory said:
Can you tell me where the section on pillaring is?THNX!
im not sure, look. but if u want to get better at the timing put on starman items and pillar away. this simulates the lag of the shield. try hittin the empty human player all sorts of ways so u can get used to hittin it in different spots which require different timings for the l-cancel

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Falco&Victory said:
Can you tell me where the section on pillaring is?THNX!
Go to the guide and use the 'search' function of your browser. ;)

Wyte, on your Marth recovery problem, drop a bit lower, firebird up and tech the fsmash.
The teching is not that hard. You use your upB towards the stage from below, so you're holding up+towards the stage, then halfway through the firebird you keep holding L or R and you'll tech it just fine. Should help you in surviving an awful lot. Note that you do keep holding up and towards the stage while teching.

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
bornfidelity.com said:
Go to the guide and use the 'search' function of your browser. ;)

Wyte, on your Marth recovery problem, drop a bit lower, firebird up and tech the fsmash.
The teching is not that hard. You use your upB towards the stage from below, so you're holding up+towards the stage, then halfway through the firebird you keep holding L or R and you'll tech it just fine. Should help you in surviving an awful lot. Note that you do keep holding up and towards the stage while teching.

yea i been gettin bettter at tech's ever sicne i started playign with falco.. but yea i started kickin marths *** lol but the thing is .... fox's shine .... unaviodable and people say that falcos shine is faster then fox's but he beats mine out most of the time and i mean like i shine cancel ndeverytyhing u no.. wierd i dont no maybe im jus doign something wrong

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
ace_marth said:
***** fight my marth... i bet u you wont win.lol
yo im telling you bro, i got my falco pretty good i would play you but u never let me over when x goes to ur crib u nikkas dont invite me lol

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wyte said:
yea i been gettin bettter at tech's ever sicne i started playign with falco.. but yea i started kickin marths *** lol but the thing is .... fox's shine .... unaviodable and people say that falcos shine is faster then fox's but he beats mine out most of the time and i mean like i shine cancel ndeverytyhing u no.. wierd i dont no maybe im jus doign something wrong
Fox and Falco's shines both have a startup of 1 frame.

Top Bottom