• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Marvellous Guide on Falco Lombardi - by bornfidelity.com v4.2

jamz

Smash Journeyman
NGCXX said:
Fox and Falco's shines both have a startup of 1 frame.
really, im not so sure. i though foxs was faster at 2 frames and falcos at 3. can anyone confirm or refute this?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can assure you I'm correct. The 1 frame is exactly the reason why everyone's complaining about how good it is.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
i knew the ridiculous speed of them was why everyone *****ed. best moves in the game IMO :chuckle:
but ill take ur word for it. not much of a difference though 1-3 frames is pretty darn fast

mathos

Smash Champion
Yes both Fox and Falco's shines start there hitbox at frame 1. They can't reflect until frame 3. And you can't jump cancel them until frame 4. The only difference between Fox and Falco's reflectors is that Fox's has a massively bigger hitbox and sends opponents downward and deals around 3%, while Falco's hitbox doesn't even protect his whole body, sends the opponent upwards, and deals around 7 %.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
ok, i knew foxs had a bigger hitbox than falcos and the trajectories of them are obvious. im not a n00b :chuckle:

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Main difference is that Falco van actually combo out of his shine on ALL characters instead of 'just the ones that don't fall over' roflmao.

Stupid Fox. :p

Wyte

Smash Apprentice
wow i could have sworn that falcos was faster even though its beat out a lot, but w.e guess im wrong lol

doink

Smash Cadet
One thing is in the sweetspotting section you say pressing down to fall off and then continue. pressing back would be better because it doesn't cause you to fast fall and therefore there is less chance of you dying. Other than that a really great guide for beginners and people wanting to pick up Falco

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
thanks for the guide. i know you say not to practice on bots but the great thing about falco is some of his low to ground pillar combos can be done no matter what the DI is. the basic shine dril Utilt bair is almost inescapable

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
wats some of the major things that i need to improve on?

if u could, can u send me a video of how good i need to get. thanks

MaTIi POo

Banned via Administration
well first you are still using fox fire as an attack
no big
go on falco character specfic
you can find guides their
you'll get only better

FoxWILLkickURbum

Smash Rookie
this guide is.... AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks alot. Before i had absolutely no idea how to shl (Now i know what all these words mean!!!) or wd. Thanks alot this guide really helped improve my Skills and know what i need to improve on (Which is ALOT!!!). Thanks again you are cool. :chuckle:

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
this is a prety sweet gide now that i red over it. good job.

that's an awesome vid "fox wil kik ur bum"!!! :chuckle:

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Born, nice job with the guide, didn't really see anything to change.. other than a few typos and updating the tier list as Falco's now 2nd.

Abandoning my other minor characters to focus on Falco and Fox now, so I figured I'd give this a reread, and found the information retained its awesome :)

For practicing walltechs and etc, might be good to go to Falco's Break the Targets and get hit by the fire pads on the left side of where he starts, and learn to tech them as they hit you against the wall or up/above etc... or if you just want to mess around when bored it's also really fun to tech repeatedly and stay in the same area :D

Some advice against sheiks might be nice though... really just avoid fair :p and avoid dthrow>dsmash with proper di/tech... I'm not sure of sheik's weight to be combo'd but you can add those tidbits of info :)

do0ber

Smash Cadet
Great Guide :)

Helped me TONS...but some things arent covered or I just couldnt find them.

You mention alot of jump cancelling and shine cancelling in your Advanced guides, but those arent defined in the first section. Would be handy if you could add them. Thanks alot.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i hope you add counterpick stages in the character matchups part. i mean, if not going to give that much advice of a match up, might as well state what stages that are good/bad for falco against so and so.
so yes, im basically asking for something like cunning's character specific part of his guide.

Nightwolfe

Smash Rookie
Thank you so much for this guide. I'm starting to pick up on the lingo and some of the moves. I've got a lot to practice now. Thanks again, you're the man.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
How do you do proper LHDL? every time I do it the laser comes out at the peak of my jump, which certainly does not hit my opponent. I didn't see that in the guide. Can anyone help me? (I don't play Falco much so I didn't read it all)

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
How do you do proper LHDL? every time I do it the laser comes out at the peak of my jump, which certainly does not hit my opponent. I didn't see that in the guide. Can anyone help me? (I don't play Falco much so I didn't read it all)
so yea you wouldent happen to have a video out of you playin melee would ya?

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Lol I should probably update the guide BIGTIME. I'll do that when the next holiday arrives ^^
If the LDHL is too high you need to wait a bit longer with jumping after dropping from the ledge.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Oh... great guide. Thank you for spending the time and making it. Helped me quite a bit.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Ok so
im working on an entire rewrite of the guide
seeing a how this is horribly outdated/inaccurate. itll be here in a couple of weeks maybe. hold out for so long ok ^^

Top Bottom