• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Right, But Marth wasnt exactly sitting on his throne with 3 square meals and whatever else he wants. his outfit shouldent be perfectly clean. Good point about Ike not being a lord though.
Good point. However, as a prince, it is important for him to maintain his apperance so that he doesn't come off as a soldier, but as a potential ruler with diplomatic ability. He has to look the part.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Good point. However, as a prince, it is important for him to maintain his apperance so that he doesn't come off as a soldier, but as a potential ruler with diplomatic ability. He has to look the part.
Right. but, prince clothes=/= good for war. so its sorta funcionality vs. fashion

I prefer 60/40.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, I guess this is just a difference in personal preference then.

I prefer 30/70 in Marth's case. But that's only because his image is important.

agree to disagree.

Okysho

Smash Ace
True, he wasn't actually in charge of his kingdom, but neither was Elincia in FE9, or Pelleas in FE10. He was still the prince and rightfull heir to the throne once he reclaimed Aritia. He is still a sophisticated noble, so having a messy outfit like Ike, who's a common mercenary, would be out of his character. Ike was supposed to be the dynamic contrast to the way we view FE lords (he's just a commoner for one) so having a messy outfit is just another thing that sets him apart. Some of that contrast would be lost if we were to bring Marth's atire down from his current level. Marth is the generic FE stereotype because he's the one that started that stereotype for the FE lords in the first place. Until Ike came along, the idea of a non-royal Lord was unheard of.
Sorry but I'm with Sonic Wave on this one, the messy isn't Marth's style, also he IS a prince whether he eats two or ten square meals a day and as you can figure, of course he probably upkeeps his appearance (else he'd have some sort of facial hair by the end of FE1) and agreeing agains with what Sonic Wave said Marth was the one who set the standards for all the other FE lords (which is probably why they're so similar in everything else to Marth also) Ike being the only exception, strictly because he's a non-lord. Even looking at the personalities, almost all the other lords are similar to Marth. Fighting style also (especially Sigrud. "No that's not the falchion that's... my sword..." >_> <_<) which is, again what makes Ike so different. Lithe, rapier using Lord to hard-cut barbaric broadsword.

This also pretty much shoots down the "Ike is replacing Marth" argument, yet again...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sorry but I'm with Sonic Wave on this one, the messy isn't Marth's style, also he IS a prince whether he eats two or ten square meals a day and as you can figure, of course he probably upkeeps his appearance (else he'd have some sort of facial hair by the end of FE1) and agreeing agains with what Sonic Wave said Marth was the one who set the standards for all the other FE lords (which is probably why they're so similar in everything else to Marth also) Ike being the only exception, strictly because he's a non-lord. Even looking at the personalities, almost all the other lords are similar to Marth. Fighting style also (especially Sigrud. "No that's not the falchion that's... my sword..." >_> <_<) which is, again what makes Ike so different. Lithe, rapier using Lord to hard-cut barbaric broadsword.

This also pretty much shoots down the "Ike is replacing Marth" argument, yet again...
Im not going to try anymore, lets leave it at 50% Battle ready, Armorific and 50% "Wheee! Im Pretty!" (lol).

That way we're all happy.

Okysho

Smash Ace
that probably came out wrong.... (as do most things I post the first time) I was looking at this from a more practical "What would Sakurai do" type of view. but more factually, it would make more sense your way. I just think that Sakurai will most definitely keep the "sleek" look he founded in SSBM (to be honest, he wasn't THAT sleek in the anime)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
that probably came out wrong.... (as do most things I post the first time) I was looking at this from a more practical "What would Sakurai do" type of view. but more factually, it would make more sense your way. I just think that Sakurai will most definitely keep the "sleek" look he founded in SSBM (to be honest, he wasn't THAT sleek in the anime)
The pic in the first post begs to differ.

Sakurai would give him his DS look.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
I really really really really liked Marth in Melee and I'm a fan of fire emblem and I would love to see Marth return but I really doubt he'll return...2 blue haired swordsman from the same series? I don't see that happening.

BTW if you're going to reply to this post can your post not be something like "Well you support Roy so blah blah I'm a **** blah blah "

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I really really really really liked Marth in Melee and I'm a fan of fire emblem and I would love to see Marth return but I really doubt he'll return...2 blue haired swordsman from the same series? I don't see that happening.

BTW if you're going to reply to this post can your post not be something like "Well you support Roy so blah blah I'm a **** blah blah "
You support Roy? W/E I dont care.

umm.. the 2 blue haired swordsman thing. is.. Im sorry, i'll let Zevox or Okysho handle this...

Edit: nevermind, that argument was true, then we wouldent have Luigi, two plumbers in overalls with brown hair from the same series? No way. Ike is no way like Marth, except for afew moves. I'll let other peeps go more indeph about it.

same thing goes for two space animals, two princesses, two electric rats, ect.

Roy isnt coming back though [/opinion]

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Hippochinfat-First, can you at least try to use proper english? Second, before making arguements, you should check the first page and the last two pages or so of that topic to see if it's been stated before.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
blue haired swordsman from the same series? I don't see that happening.
Here we are judging by appearance again.

Marth and Ike are two very different characters. Maybe if you knew more about Ike in Super Smash Bros. Brawl you would see that there is no way he could replace Marth.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Two anthropomorphic characters from the same series? No way.
Two mushroom-eating, fireball-shooting Italian plumbers from the same series? Definitely not.
Two furry primates from the same series? Are you crazy?
And so on and so forth.

Appearance is a ridiculous reason for suggesting that the icon of Fire Emblem will not return. He's in Brawl, I guarantee you. If he's not, I give you full right to bump this topic with a quote of my message once it's discovered that he's not in the game (though this won't happen since he's definitely in).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Lololololol.

That's like stating how Ike and Link are the same because they use swords.

Irrelivant arguement.

/Enough of that.

GeneralPit

Smash Rookie
According to a friend of mine in the game development business, Marth was a starter on the media package sent out, she also said, however that it's likely not the final starting roster, but it seems Marth has returned.

And if he isn't, then it's a sad day for Smash and Fire Emblem when the mascot of the series is left out

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Actually one of my friends who also goes to As the light fades forums said someone knows about the starting roster (Not sure much on it so don't pin me for this, I Think it's probably BS Also but we'll have to wait and see.) And there are only two unconfirmed vets added,
Marth and Captain falcon O.O

Take it with a grain of salt, However even if that is false we still know that they will both be in the game...

T-major

Smash Champion
I still support Marth... :D

also, it seems like Okysho has become second in command around here. good one, Elliot! :D
I know Okysho, for those who don't know whats going on.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Marth was confirmed? :O he's back?
No, Brode said a member from As the light fades has the starting roster (Or some of it.) And said that
Marth and Captain falcon are in there lulz
Not sure if it's valid or not but we'll have to wait and see.

AND OMG RYUDO CHECK YOUR FREAKING PM BOX AT NSIDER @_@.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Lololololol.

That's like stating how Ike and Link are the same because they use swords.

Irrelivant arguement.

/Enough of that.
Ike and Link aren't from the same series and they don't both have...BLUE HAIR!!!

It's just my opinion.

EDIT: Hey I think I remember you from Nsider!

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
I just think 2 blue haired swordsman from the same series with a few moves in common would be weird.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just think 2 blue haired swordsman from the same series with a few moves in common would be weird.
I guess having Mario and Luigi is too much for you as well, than?

I said it in the Isaac thread and I'll say it here, take your ignorance somewhere else.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
I guess having Mario and Luigi is too much for you as well, than?

I said it in the Isaac thread and I'll say it here, take your ignorance somewhere else.
Luigi is a HUGE icon to video games. Marth is very far from that. You are such a ****.

T-major, that really was a crappy joke and I never said if Marth was in he'd be an Ike clone.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi is a HUGE icon to video games. Marth is very far from that. You are such a ****.
A what?

Read the original post in this topic, please. Before you do that and take in what it says please don't post in this topic.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
A what?

Read the original post in this topic, please. Before you do that and take in what it says please don't post in this topic.
A four letter word that starts with D and then an I then a C then a K.

Stop flaming me for having an opinion though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Who is to say that they would have some moves in common? And you said that luigi is very popular, Also notice how Marth is the most popular lord in japan and has a bit of popularity here, Also i want to add on how the only thing they have in common really is the hair but Ike has dark in a much different way then marth has light.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A four letter word that starts with D and then an I then a C then a K.

Stop flaming me for having an opinion though.
I'm sorry, I just can't stand such ignorant and close-minded opinions.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Who is to say that they would have some moves in common? And you said that luigi is very popular, Also notice how Marth is the most popular lord in japan and has a bit of popularity here, Also i want to add on how the only thing they have in common really is the hair but Ike has dark in a much different way then marth has light.
I'm leaving this thread but look how much of an Icon and how popular Luigi is compared to Marth.

They already do have a few moves in common (B and down B) but that doesn't really lower or raise Marth's chances.

I really like Marth and I would love to see him in but I just doubt he will be.

Top Bottom