• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Marth now is more popular than Roy and Ness.

Marth is more beloved by their fans than the other regulars characters.

Dew!

Okysho

Smash Ace
I brought up a point in the argument thread about Marth/Roy/Ness being deconfirmed and I thought it was a pretty good asset to this thread.
Okysho said:
The problem with "This game evolves" is that Smash bros is supposed to cast the "All starts of Nintendo" (Don't believe me? pop in SSBM and watch the first 5 seconds of the opening video) Fact of the matter is, Marth is a Nintendo all star! His game created an entire new genre! It's now a huge franchise, it's impossible to scrap that! Some characters are much much MUCH too important to scrap. Marth is one of them... It's a point you can't argue with "So what Marth is like Every other FE lord!" It's not true. All othe FE lords are like Marth. Marth came first! Also you can't say "Marth being the face of Fire Emblem means nothing!" That's not true also! As I stated above, Marth's game created a new gaming genre. Also if it meant nothing. would his game have a sequal and then an amazing remake? No I don't think so. Sakurai knows this. He won't scrap Marth.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Do you guys realize that Ness was just confirmed?!!!!!!

Do you also realize how much people have been using Ness and Lucas's situation as an argument against Marth. Well now it's an arguement FOR Marth, considering how close the "ambiguous" phrases are.

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

"Do you Remember Marth and Roy?" "Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"

Eerily similar, huh.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It says:
Title: "Do you Remember Marth and Roy?"

They are touched upon in the column page, but these two participated in Melee from the Fire Emblem series. One of them is Marth who's from the game Fire Emblem and the Sword of the Dark Dragon and Light. The other is Roy who comes from Fire Emblem The Sword of Seals. Marth wields the Falchion sword and Roy weilds the ___ sword. Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"
Interesting. That is all I have to say.

*Flees*

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^You'd better run! lol

But, guess who just got confirmed after having the same kind of quote. And with less reasons for inclusion than Marth too. My prediction is that you'll be adding Marth to you MASSIVE FAILURES list.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Do you guys realize that Ness was just confirmed?!!!!!!

Do you also realize how much people have been using Ness and Lucas's situation as an argument against Marth. Well now it's an arguement FOR Marth, considering how close the "ambiguous" phrases are.

"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

"Do you Remember Marth and Roy?" "Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"

Eerily similar, huh.
Well, not confirmed, but the possibility of Ness not being in is.... very very very very....

*two centuries later*

....very very very very very low.

So yes, a good argument in both of their defenses, it looks like Marth and Roy will be the second and third FE reps. Cool, this is better then I could've hoped for, I thought for sure Roy would be cut, but now with Ness all but confirmed and the same phrase, "surpass predicessors", being used, hmmmm.

Still, as I pointed out before, it's not explicit about anything, while it tends to imply they share fates, it's not substantative, so we'll have to wait and see, as always.

Okysho

Smash Ace
It's true! This news is very suprising! I never really realized how much those arguments were connected but not only does it confirm Marth but possibly Roy as well. Which means we get all 3 FE reps. Now the only questions that remain are "When will they be posted on the dojo" and "What will happen to Roy's moveset? Re-vamp? Luigi-fi? or still straight-up clone?"

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i would jump to heaven if roy returned with marth they are both so cool

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
These are dangerous times... especialy for us... we support a character that was completely unknown in the US before Melee. just -LOOK- How far he's come. seriously guys.

I've said this 100000000000000000 times. We have FE in America because of Marth. (and/or Roy. but Marth started the series, W/O Marth, we wouldent have -ANY- FE Character.) He's crazy popular, and thats because of the Smash series. and with all the leaks coming in.. we should recive word soon.

Again. Remembering Marth =/= Deconfirming Marth.

We live to fight another day.

Marth 4 Brawl.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
According to the roster leak, Marth is in.

Yay? Or do we expect for the real deal? I say let's wait.

Kadet4

Smash Cadet
I give Marth 75% returning chance. The predecessor statement could go either way. I really hope he makes it.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'm with DoodX on this one. Marth was always in, I'm just waiting for Skrai to put him up on the Dojo. The Day we get Marth's info I'll post a special art piece!
I'm expecting for it.

Marth forever, and so Fire Emblem! (Heh, I had to type that).

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
As you guys know the Masterpieces update came out today.

But if you look on the Japanese one,
this image from Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo (FE3)[Edit: I put Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi eariler, which is FE1.]

shows up:

This doesn't confirm Marth in anyway.
It could be because of Ike that they had this game under masterpieces.
I mean Ridley was in another screenshot and that sure as heck doesn't confirm him.
Just saying.
Take it as you will.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
:laugh:

this image from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi
shows up:

I mean Ridley was in another screenshot and that sure as heck doesn't confirm him.
Just saying.
Take it as you will.
It certainly does help Marth. Ridely appering isn't as significant because Samus is the star of that game, however, Ike certainly isn't in Marth's game. I'd find it odd to get Marth's game included without getting Marth.:p It's a good thing we're getting FE DS, or I'd be freakin' pissed at Japan right now.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the list.

And don't worry about the predecessor comment.
If my battle with the upuntilnowists has shown me anything, statements like that don't mean a thing.

About the Masterpieces thing: I think it greatly helps Marth. Notice the first sentence of the update, telling you that you can see the characters fighting for supremacy's greatest battles in the past. Ike's greatest battles in the past sure as heck didn't involve Marth.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey, i found something that could mean something about Marth.

There was that one pic showing Joshua from Fire Emblem. Another picture was the Kirby cellphone or something, and for that pic they had the icons: Dedede, meta knight, and kirby. but for Joshua, it had nothing. Famitsu magizine or something confirmed that all the chars on the Dojo are starters. So Ike is a starter. Obviously Joshua can power up Ike. But, the pic showed NO icons. Meaning that there is another Fire Emblem character probably. If Ike was by himself, then they would have probably just showed the icons.

Unless may be they only showed the icons for the kirby cellphone because it was obvious there wouldn't be any more kirby chars in Brawl, while we'd know that Ike would probably not be the only FE char, so they blanked the icons out so the icons/chars would surprise us?

so if there is another character, it has to be Marth. :)

and people say that marth+roy=Ike. i definitely do not agree with this, the only way they are similar (talking about the moves) is that the attacks have the same idea. Down B=counters, B=charge up melee attack, Left/right B= horizontal attack over a small distance, Up B=upwards atack (altho ike's is sorta downwards too). But even if their moves are similar, there's one big difference, which is that: Marth is fast, Ike is slow. So may be Ike only replaced Roy, as in the idea was this(IMO): they wanted to get rid of some(or all) clones, so they changed marth's clone's moves, gave him a diferent speed etc., and instead of Roy they picked Ike. Sorta like how some people wanted Luigi to be less like Mario.

and also, they showed Lucas first, and kept Ness secret. They did the same with Ike, they showed Ike first, but they didnt show Marth yet. So Marth is prob in Brawl.

about the FE masterpiece pic, that's really cool, that gives a lot more chance that Marth will be in Brawl.

I hope Marth doesn't slow down a lot, if he does i hope he's still good:)

Shuma

Smash Hero
It just means Joshua is not restricted to anyone, besides, why would Sakurai blank out all the icons instead of just marth?

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Hey, i found something that could mean something about Marth.

There was that one pic showing Joshua from Fire Emblem. Another picture was the Kirby cellphone or something, and for that pic they had the icons: Dedede, meta knight, and kirby. but for Joshua, it had nothing. Famitsu magizine or something confirmed that all the chars on the Dojo are starters. So Ike is a starter. Obviously Joshua can power up Ike. But, the pic showed NO icons. Meaning that there is another Fire Emblem character probably. If Ike was by himself, then they would have probably just showed the icons.

Unless may be they only showed the icons for the kirby cellphone because it was obvious there wouldn't be any more kirby chars in Brawl, while we'd know that Ike would probably not be the only FE char, so they blanked the icons out so the icons/chars would surprise us?

so if there is another character, it has to be Marth. :)

and people say that marth+roy=Ike. i definitely do not agree with this, the only way they are similar (talking about the moves) is that the attacks have the same idea. Down B=counters, B=charge up melee attack, Left/right B= horizontal attack over a small distance, Up B=upwards atack (altho ike's is sorta downwards too). But even if their moves are similar, there's one big difference, which is that: Marth is fast, Ike is slow. So may be Ike only replaced Roy, as in the idea was this(IMO): they wanted to get rid of some(or all) clones, so they changed marth's clone's moves, gave him a diferent speed etc., and instead of Roy they picked Ike. Sorta like how some people wanted Luigi to be less like Mario.

and also, they showed Lucas first, and kept Ness secret. They did the same with Ike, they showed Ike first, but they didnt show Marth yet. So Marth is prob in Brawl.

about the FE masterpiece pic, that's really cool, that gives a lot more chance that Marth will be in Brawl.

I hope Marth doesn't slow down a lot, if he does i hope he's still good:)
Nah, it probaly just means anyone can use that Joshua sticker.

Okysho

Smash Ace

this image from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi
shows up:

Just saying.
Take it as you will.
What?! This totally DOES confirm Marth for brawl! That's his game! How in the hell can that represent Ike? If that's what they wanted, they'd throw in a piece from Fire Emblem 9!

Okysho

Smash Ace
This is absolutely amazing news! I can't believe they're actually putting a piece of Fire Emblem 3 into Smash bros brawl.

As you probably well know, Fire Emblem 3 is one of the most popular Fire Emblem games out there and is a remake and sequel to Fire Emblem 1 of Marth's game. If Nintendo includes this how can that NOT mean that Marth isn't included? If anything this is an unofficial conformation!

Make Marth's game playable without Marth? I don't think so!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Oh yeah... i havent thought about that:D i was thinking they wouldn't only blank out marth because then some people would conflude that Ike's the only FE character in the game. Or at least the only FE char with a 'slash' attack.

and that FE game, i was very confused. i knew it was a game with marth in it, but others were saying it was ike's game which confused me. now im not:D and ya, it definitely confirms marth.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Yea it would be odd if they put in Marth's game as a masterpiece but didn't think Marth is worthy to be playable.
I think he's more or less confirmed.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Yea it would be odd if they put in Marth's game as a masterpiece but didn't think Marth is worthy to be playable.
I think he's more or less confirmed.
Especially when the dojo says this :

Smash Dojo said:
But what about the past fights for each of those characters? What were they like?

It may sound impossible, but you can experience those battles in Brawl as well!
This makes it sound as if your watching the history of your playable characters. If this is true, then FE 3 would be the history of Marth which would make him... A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. I know the wording of the Dojo hasn't always set things in stone (Up Until now comes to mind) but I believe this quote strongly implies that Marth will be in Brawl.:)

Okysho

Smash Ace
Especially when the dojo says this :

This makes it sound as if your watching the history of your playable characters. If this is true, then FE 3 would be the history of Marth which would make him... A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. I know the wording of the Dojo hasn't always set things in stone (Up Until now comes to mind) but I believe this quote strongly implies that Marth will be in Brawl.:)

That's very true also, I never really put the two and two together (then again I was really tired at the time) I just kinda saw the images and was like "Yep now Marth is in for sure!"

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's very true also, I never really put the two and two together (then again I was really tired at the time) I just kinda saw the images and was like "Yep now Marth is in for sure!"
Well, they could simply be considering it "Fire Emblem" history.

But, that's strong enough for a Red (almost confirmed,, better chance of winning the lotto twice in a row then this character not being in smash due to some official source giving information that makes it near impossible for the character to not appear) in the character support list, agreed?

Okysho

Smash Ace
I can't say that, no. I can't consider their inclusion of Fire Emblem 3, specifically 3, when they had 3 more options to choose from (5 including 1 and 3, 3 excluding 1 and 3) So why didn't they go with 4? Wasn't 4 really really popular? but no, they went with three. I can't say that this is a full conformation per say, but this is much bigger than just a speculation.

Top Bottom