• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Okysho

Smash Ace
Lyn was much, much MUCH more popular than Takamaru. If Lyn made it only as an assist trophy, why do you think that a third rate, single game, no-name character like him would make it into brawl as a playable character? It doesn't work that way

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Lyn was much, much MUCH more popular than Takamaru. If Lyn made it only as an assist trophy, why do you think that a third rate, single game, no-name character like him would make it into brawl as a playable character? It doesn't work that way
:laugh: I totally like you for saying that.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
there's no possible way to rule out Marth, I tried but I couldn't :chuckle:

For the 3rd I'd say Micaiah, and if there's a 4th I'd have no idea maybe Elincia? or Marth's gf. (she's been well supported since Melee)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
there's no possible way to rule out Marth, I tried but I couldn't :chuckle:

For the 3rd I'd say Micaiah, and if there's a 4th I'd have no idea maybe Elincia? or Marth's gf. (she's been well supported since Melee)
Ike has been confirmed to represent Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Again, anyone who thinks Marth WON'T be in Brawl is retarted. See the Fire Emblem icon, Fire Emblem 11 promotion, and being the most important character in the series! :laugh:

As for Miciah, my Ike statement proves her chances are next to none. We need more female characters, but this isn't "grab the nearest female character-fest", just like it isn't with villains. And Sakurai addressed as much with female characters how much he wants villians. Point in case-King Dedede and Wario.

And ya-it is a Sigurd-like recolor. Pretty close to an exact recolor, but it isn't quite exact. LOL @ n00bs who thought it looked like Marth. They must be color-blind. :laugh:

And while I'm at it, Roy and Marth for Brawl! :grin: Veteran smashers for life! :)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ike was never confirmed to represent one game over the other and his apperance would suggest that he is representing PoR over RD. Micaiah also has more going for her than Roy. Roy is no longer the newest lord, so the only things he has remaining for him are popularity and vetran status. Micaiah has unique moveset potential, newest lord status (until Marth's game comes out), female status, first magic only lord status and popularity (though not as much as Roy's due to his melee apperance). But unlike Roy, Japan doesn't hate her game. That's always a bonus right? There's also a rumor going around that Sothe as an AT. If that's true then it certainly helps her chances, but even if it's not then she' still got a better chance than Roy.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Since I know the the topic for a third FE rep is a dirty one, I'm gonna change the subject

Should Marth be unlockable via Subspace Emissary What would his boss be, and who would he be paired up with?

Personally I think his boss should probably be Medeus or Garnef since those were his main rivals (well not exactly rivals, but you know what I mean)

as for who he'd be paired up with, I guess we'd have to see what other characters there are since we kinda already know most of the other pairs... Then again they have pairs with the smae character on the occasion... (Mario and Kirby then Mario and Pitt)

Thoughts?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Marth paired up with Ike or Micaiah (if she gets in). A paring with Link wouldn't be that bad either. Yeah, I'd like to see Medeus as his boss (fighting a dragon would be so cool).

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Marth paired up with Ike or Micaiah (if she gets in). A paring with Link wouldn't be that bad either. Yeah, I'd like to see Medeus as his boss (fighting a dragon would be so cool).
Marth + Link teams are the beastlyest.

Im sorry. It is. It'd be a broken (In a good way) Matchup. I want it. especialy with the stickers.

Marth Flies too far. Ima cover that trophy base in "Knockback -100" Stickers. Marth'll be invincible then.

INVINICIBLE I SAY!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I might not end up using the stickers... I wanna try and beat as much of it as I can with my own smash skills first

Well. I dunno if im going to go with or without stickers first.

But they're meant to be part of SSE. and are bound to play some role other than powerups.

I guess I'll play with them. but Im not going to replay a level 400000 times to get the ultimate stickers. Im just sorta gonna grab em as I go.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
who knows... but like I said before, I'm gonna try and do it on my own smash skills first
It'll hardly be needed against the primids etc. but It'll be cool when your fighting another PC or a Boss.

If were getting powerups.. It has to be a long story mode.. theres no use putting them in somthing even 3x longer than SSBM Adventure mode.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
It says:
Title: "Do you Remember Marth and Roy?"

They are touched upon in the column page, but these two participated in Melee from the Fire Emblem series. One of them is Marth who's from the game Fire Emblem and the Sword of the Dark Dragon and Light. The other is Roy who comes from Fire Emblem The Sword of Seals. Marth wields the Falchion sword and Roy weilds the ___ sword. Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
It says:

They are touched upon in the column page, but these two participated in Melee from the Fire Emblem series. One of them is Marth who's from the game Fire Emblem and the Sword of the Dark Dragon and Light. The other is Roy who comes from Fire Emblem The Sword of Seals. Marth wields the Falchion sword and Roy weilds the ___ sword. Can Ike surpass his two predecessors? Stay tuned!"
Its full of opinions. just look at it. how its writen.

theres no real Info there except for their weapons and games.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
They're out, get used to it guys! Ike and Michaih will probably rep FE. I wanted Black Knight way back when, but Michaih is now the way to go!

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Marth will be back in the roster. *facepalm* That's it. I'm going to have to leak some ACTUAL REAL info. I'm sick of this bull regarding prophets & random info people carry out. By the way, where is the thread or the person in charge to leak some actual info? I know all of you will consider what I may say rumors, but I want what I'm about to say to stick to the heads of swf members or at least posted somewhere. So when it comes true, people will know that my source was right

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Marth will be back in the roster. *facepalm* That's it. I'm going to have to leak some ACTUAL REAL info. I'm sick of this bull regarding prophets & random info people carry out. By the way, where is the thread or the person in charge to leak some actual info? I know all of you will consider what I may say rumors, but I want what I'm about to say to stick to the heads of swf members or at least posted somewhere. So when it comes true, people will know that my source was right
Here is the thread where it is being debated:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138229

Here are the two "leak" indexes:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137926
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135778

Best of luck.

T-major

Smash Champion
you fail Elliot... I'll go easy on you since were buds, but your just dead wrong...

first off, with your logic, why the hell is Pit in Brawl? he's was unknown, only had one or two old games, and his game was over shadowed by Metroid, the game that Kid Icarus' game play was based on (Takamaru's game, Nazo no Maurasame-Jou, was based off Zelda). you know why he's in Brawl? because people WANTED him in Brawl. Pit was a highly requested character; and if you look at Sakurai's journal numbers, Takamaru had three mentions, which is only one less than Ike, Diddy Kong and Ridley. that means people WANT him in! they want him in almost as much as they want Ike, Diddy and Ridley! now how many mentions does Lyn have?... zero? well golly gee... that means people want Takamaru MORE than they want Lyn!

second, whats with this "if Lyn is an AT, why would Takamaru be playable?"... um... how about, "because they wanted Takamaru more"... it really IS that simple... they didn't put in Lyn, because they want Takamaru to be the only Katana wielding character in Brawl; thats the reason why Samurai Goroh isn't playable either.

also, don't say that his game is unpopular, because thats wrong too. his game was re-released for GBA in Japan as part of the Famicom-mini series. and out of the... I think it was 13 games in that collection, Nazo no Murasame-Jou, Takamaru's game, sold the MOST! that means people like his game. also, in Pikmin 2, one of the treasures you find is a Famicom disk. guess what game that disk is? thats right, Nazo no Murasame-Jou! that means Nintendo remembers the game enough to give it a cameo in a popular game.

so yeah. in conclusion, your logic fails, and Takamaru is most likely in Brawl. he's one of the few "shoe-in" characters.

also, Marth for Brawl.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It says:

Which tells us nothing about their Brawl participation or lack thereof...

It just mentions they participated in melee.

Which might be a primer for one or both being confirmed in some form (assist trophy, pc, etc).

The article in general I mean.

Okysho

Smash Ace
you fail Elliot... I'll go easy on you since were buds, but your just dead wrong...

first off, with your logic, why the hell is Pit in Brawl? he's was unknown, only had one or two old games, and his game was over shadowed by Metroid, the game that Kid Icarus' game play was based on (Takamaru's game, Nazo no Maurasame-Jou, was based off Zelda). you know why he's in Brawl? because people WANTED him in Brawl. Pit was a highly requested character; and if you look at Sakurai's journal numbers, Takamaru had three mentions, which is only one less than Ike, Diddy Kong and Ridley. that means people WANT him in! they want him in almost as much as they want Ike, Diddy and Ridley! now how many mentions does Lyn have?... zero? well golly gee... that means people want Takamaru MORE than they want Lyn!

second, whats with this "if Lyn is an AT, why would Takamaru be playable?"... um... how about, "because they wanted Takamaru more"... it really IS that simple... they didn't put in Lyn, because they want Takamaru to be the only Katana wielding character in Brawl; thats the reason why Samurai Goroh isn't playable either.

also, don't say that his game is unpopular, because thats wrong too. his game was re-released for GBA in Japan as part of the Famicom-mini series. and out of the... I think it was 13 games in that collection, Nazo no Murasame-Jou, Takamaru's game, sold the MOST! that means people like his game. also, in Pikmin 2, one of the treasures you find is a Famicom disk. guess what game that disk is? thats right, Nazo no Murasame-Jou! that means Nintendo remembers the game enough to give it a cameo in a popular game.

so yeah. in conclusion, your logic fails, and Takamaru is most likely in Brawl. he's one of the few "shoe-in" characters.

also, Marth for Brawl.
WTF T MAJ! YOU'RE BRINGING THIS UP NOW WHEN THERE'S A CRISI ON OUR HANDS?!

Okysho

Smash Ace
Which tells us nothing about their Brawl participation or lack thereof...

It just mentions they participated in melee.

Which might be a primer for one or both being confirmed in some form (assist trophy, pc, etc).

The article in general I mean.
True it does mention that they were in melee, but is also mentions that they are predecessors. It makes me nervous, it's turning this into a NEss situation... ****it Ike! I'll kick your *** in brawl if Marth isn't in!

****!

****!!

I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do. The fact of the matter is that the article is so wordy I can't make heads or tails of it. It's hinting that Ike's popularity might surpass Marth's? No impossible, Marth is much more popular, but then what about that "Final nail on Ness' coffin" bit? Is Famitsu just deconfirming characters as it goes or are they trying to create speculations and suspicions? THIS IS MAKING ME SO NERVOUS!

Okysho

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this matters, but I had a wierd dream last night about a brawl video which had probably 3-4 seconds of Marth in it. I couldn't quite make out the art style, but he did a strange technique which I thought would be a great idea for his final smash. His sword glowed red and the blade grew larger, suddenly he fired the a giant sword shaped beam from the tip of his sword accross the stage (well not really accross the stage since in my dream it was at an angle... I don't even know what stage it was...)

If this were his final smash, I'd say that it'd be something like Zelda's light arrow with huge knockback and piercing.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, this sucks hard. Marth HAS to return. I don't give a **** about Ness and Roy, but Marth is just awesome.

Top Bottom