• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe The Mario Timeline *On hiatus*

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Very interesting. I never really saw the Mario games together. Infact, the only "Nintendo" games with a storyline too me were the old DK games (they need to bring that back!) and Metroid. Still, very interesting, I bet Nintendo would think that's an amazing read. XD

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm still debating on that, there are going to be a few games that won't be in this for sure. (i.e. Mario's Time Machine, Mario is Missing, Mario's Early Years, Mario Teaches Typing (even if it was funny, the plot was too weird even for Mario) and a few others not made directly by Nintendo) but I'm not sure yet if I'll be including the spinoffs or not, most of them would come later on if they did though.

EDIT: Ok! The next 5 chapters have been added, and boy are they big ones too.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I can't wait till we get to Super Mario Galaxy. I wanna see an explanation of why SMG1 isn't referenced in any way until the end

finalark

SNORLAX
I love how we've built this out of nothing but pure fannon.

Then again, it was insane for me to propose a time line in the first place.

Keep it, UM.

UberMario

Smash Master
I love how we've built this out of nothing but pure fannon.

Then again, it was insane for me to propose a time line in the first place.

Keep it, UM.
What do you mean?

Mario's Bombs Away was a real game, and I thought I portrayed the other game plots pretty well.

Unless you meant Keep it up, then I'll assume that was a compliment. lol . . . . .

finalark

SNORLAX
What do you mean?

Mario's Bombs Away was a real game, and I thought I portrayed the other game plots pretty well.

Unless you meant Keep it up, then I'll assume that was a compliment. lol . . . . .
Gah, me and my typos and my lack of explaining crap.

I meant "keep it up" as in "you are kicking *** with this."

And "fannon" is basically when the fans make stuff up based off of theories or their own interpretations of events.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh my gosh! I love the new additions. I need to keep making the title bits X_X

UberMario

Smash Master
It'll be a surprise, but you should be able to tell what the very next game will be from the last chapter I have so far. :p

Gah, me and my typos and my lack of explaining crap.

I meant "keep it up" as in "you are kicking *** with this."

And "fannon" is basically when the fans make stuff up based off of theories or their own interpretations of events.
Oh I see now, thanks bud! :bee:

Also(Unrelated to the above):

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels and Yoshi Touch and Go didn't get their own chapters because they are "remakes" of Super Mario Bros and Yoshi's Island respectively, just in case anyone was wondering.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I wonder why Yoshi Touch or SMB: LL didn't get any chapters?

I clearly can't tell what game will be next so just tell me

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Great Job! i probably would have done it differently, but WOW this is much better than my timeline. I'm working on a Sonic Timeline right now has anyone made one yet?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Great Job! i probably would have done it differently, but WOW this is much better than my timeline. I'm working on a Sonic Timeline right now has anyone made one yet?

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
you can try to search it up

and i didn't know yoshi island was the start. i always though mario was born in Brooklyn/italy.

UberMario

Smash Master
I added a nice-sized addition to the timeline. If it isn't obvious from reading, Super Mario World is going to get a larger than average portion in my timeline. :chuckle:

The main reason I haven't updated this sooner is because I was trying to think of something interesting to do for SMW and the games following directly afteward, hopefully I'll be able to add on even more soon, and I apologize for the long wait!

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Nice Time Line Uber

Are what game are you a now.? it sounds like Super Mario world

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm sorry guys, I've just been really busy and have been coming down with writer's block [not a good combination]. This project is NOT, I repeat, NOT dead.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That's great to hear, I figured I'd do all the images when you were done to make it look really spiffy X_X

TheMarioFinale1.0

Smash Cadet
Really great job. How long did it take to right this?

If you need any help with this I have played at least 15 of the Mario games a lot of them I have beat several times so in case you want help just ask.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Really great job. How long did it take to right this?
If you need any help with this I have played at least 15 of the Mario games a lot of them I have beat several times so in case you want help just ask.
In the future, try not to bump threads that haven't been posted in for a long while, and don't double post. Use the edit function. ^^

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm not sure when I'm continuing this, unfortunately. I have something in progress for the SMW saga, but I don't want to leave it at yet another cliffhanger. I might look back and see what I can do.

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I remember reading this thread a couple years ago and now I see it again to find out this was on Kotaku!

Congrats Uber_Mario :) I'd say this timeline is better than any other fan Zelda timeline that was put together. This takes way more talent to string together Mario games than Zelda ones. You put so much work into this with really nice connecting stories!

Keep up the Mario Timeline work :D

Top Bottom