• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Maine Brawl II Jan. 31 2009 DON'T TORTURE MY CATS

Banks

Smash Hero
armus =( yea i stink at brawl =p

it's all about the gaylee. and if darc is going i'll go just to give him noogies all day. I'll still enter brawl tho just to get wrecked

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
My buddy's pumped, expect me. :D

I hope to place above last place. If I do that, then I consider my first tournament experience a huge success. :D

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I may be able to team with someone if they need a team mate. Not sure my partner is going to participate in the teams battles due to money.

ALSO
Is anyone able to bring chairs?
Is anyone able to bring JUST a WII with Brawl.

I have 2 tv's already in my apartment but only 1 wii. I also have NZA who says if he comes he will be bringing a tv, but no Wii.

I have enough room to sit 17 or so people right now. So if anyone can bring more chairs that would be great. I want to make sure everyone is comfortable. Obviously since it is my apartment the floor in the bedroom and living room is sittable. But chairs are better.

SO Bring chairs, Wii's and setups.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I could bring a Wii with Brawl. Custom music + infinite replay, yay. I'll look into chairs but I doubt I could bring them in the ride I might be going with.

Banks

Smash Hero
i might be able to bring some folding metal chairs, but nothing is for sure yet. will help if i can tho

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Cool, so Dazwa will have a wii. If 1 more person can bring a Wii, then that will guarantee 4 set ups.

And of course anyone who has a complete setup, by all means please bring. I can probably handle about 6 setups in the apartment, possibly 7.

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
Are you sure this has too be held at your appartment? :/
my dad wont take me if its at your appartment :(
if its too late could you hold the next one at a more public area?
thanks if you could :) if i cant come ill see you at LOBSTER4

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
C.Awesum
I don't have time to change the venue. The problem with another venue is lack of outlets, food drinks etc. Since it is at my apartment, I can provide food and drinks with part of the venue fee and don't have to worry about not making enough money to pay off they venue.

Why does your dad have a problem with my apartment? It is clean :) And I am a teacher at Lewiston and my girlfriend is a social worker. There will be no drinking, we are not raging party animals. We are workaholics. If he wants to give me a call he can, it should be similar to the last tourney I held, with more setups, more food.

If I hold a third tourney Ill look for a public place but most of the ones around here are super expensive.

Ben,
Lobster 4 is a tourney that is being hosted by Dazwa in Biddeford at Maiden Games in February.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I am quite excited for this. XD My first tournament.

Just how often are there Brawl tournaments in Maine? Because out of nowhere, three have popped up... Maybe it's just because I just joined the smash boards...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
They started out really dry, LOBSTER didn't run one until the summer after the game's release, but since then I've started running them more regularly. Jman started his series around the same time, and now there's that Kittery group.

Lots of new Maine players all of a sudden :D

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
Well ok Jman even if my dad was ok with it i wont be coming :(
ill try and make it too the next one you hold appartment or not xP

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
They started out really dry, LOBSTER didn't run one until the summer after the game's release, but since then I've started running them more regularly. Jman started his series around the same time, and now there's that Kittery group.

Lots of new Maine players all of a sudden :D
Ahh, so I haven't missed too much after all. Good. :) Then maybe I have a shot at rising up to an appropriate competitive play level before everyone else skyrockets to the next metagame.

Btw. I've watched some of your matches.
I will lose. I'm excited anyway. :p I look forward to playing you at least once, hopefully learning something useful.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
My friend is bringing a 360 if anyone wants to Halo3 money match.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I have homebrew on my wii now. So assuming I figure out how to work this thing we will have 2 wii's with infinite replay.

Also, Dazwa, how do you take replays and put them on the computer. My sd card reader isn't showing the files of the replays, I am assuming it has to do with the fact that it is saving them as replays not mp4's or whatever. So what do I do?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The game saves replays by saving the controller inputs as data. When you watch a replay, it's just replaying the match with the input. You need a capture device to record matches, unfortunately.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
So I get a capture card for my computer and then hook it up to my wii and record the replays onto my computer?
Any suggestions on which card to get?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Boxman sold me his used one for pretty cheap, it's an ADS Tech DVDXpressDX2. I've heard most people use Gamebridge for game recording though, since you can use it to record live (Although I can record live with mine, it just requires an S-video cable and an input splitter with S-video output).

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I have a gamebridge, it hooks my wii up to my computer and plays on the monitor but the frame rate goes down.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Im also having trouble gettign the infinite replay to work. I load homebrew, go into code manager. Select Brawl. Go to Inf Replay and make it a plus. Hit A. Then I exit to the home brew loader and load geckos and start up brawl. But infinite replays are not working.

Top Bottom