• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel as though I failed the Knights of Elibe (a Roy fan group here on SmashBoards) due to Roy no longer being a playable character (though this was really out of my control, I do feel a guilt that I did not do enough to change people’s opinion on Roy even though I am the leader of the organization). I might stick around to slowly change people’s hearts and minds on Roy, and maybe he might become a highly requested character to return by the time Smash Bros. 4 comes out. However, I am not sure whether the latter is attainable goal, though I will try my best.

-
ChronoBound; January 29, 2008
I'm not so sure I changed a lot of minds on Roy, but I tried my best to debunk as much of the detractor myths on him as I could. Roy was highly requested, but as supporters I felt we were still a little too quiet. I think ultimately it was with the help of our Japanese counterparts that Roy did end up returning. Roy's new design has blown away my expectations. It combines the best aspects of his Awakening re-design with his classic/Melee design.

After 7.5 years of fighting, at long last the long war has finally ended.

I actually had a massive write-up planned in the event of Roy's return, but I was not expecting Roy's confirmation to be so imminent. I will probably have it ready by the first week of July. With Roy's confirmation, I feel I finally accomplished what I set out to do when I decided to stay after Brawl's release.

We all did it together. Our war is finally over.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Nothing against him returning, but I think it's sad that Nintendo/Sakurai thinks this franchise deserves as many fighters as the Zelda franchise. FE is not bad or anything, but I don't think it's big enough to have 5 fighters yet.

Will he have the same final smash as Marth/Lucina? Or does he have some super cool attack from his own game that could work as a new final smash?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@ ChronoBound ChronoBound I didn't feel like congratulating anyone in this thread, but for you I'll make the exception. You did very well, and it's good that you at least saw the efforts of your work reap it's fruits for at least one of your most wanted characters!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Will he have the same final smash as Marth/Lucina? Or does he have some super cool attack from his own game that could work as a new final smash?
He's confirmed to have Critical Hit, but it looks rather different aesthetically, fire effects and all.

:231:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
You did good @ ChronoBound ChronoBound . Even before I was on here, as a long-time lurker of this thread, your arguments dispelling the myths against Roy and supporting the ones for him were very helpful and a much needed reassurance in contrast to the conformity of endless hate and dislike towards him. And for that I am thankful.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm not so sure I changed a lot of minds on Roy, but I tried my best to debunk as much of the detractor myths on him as I could. Roy was highly requested, but as supporters I felt we were still a little too quiet. I think ultimately it was with the help of our Japanese counterparts that Roy did end up returning. Roy's new design has blown away my expectations. It combines the best aspects of his Awakening re-design with his classic/Melee design.

After 7.5 years of fighting, at long last the long war has finally ended.

I actually had a massive write-up planned in the event of Roy's return, but I was not expecting Roy's confirmation to be so imminent. I will probably have it ready by the first week of July. With Roy's confirmation, I feel I finally accomplished what I set out to do when I decided to stay after Brawl's release.

We all did it together. Our war is finally over.
Chrono... biggest thanks to you for helping us get here. And amazing dedication on your part as well when I wasn't supporting of Roy.
I'm sure you must be exhausted. :4lucas:
Take a long-deserved rest, okay?

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Alright, I managed to calm down from my hype. Now let's take a quick analysis.

Design wise, it seems to be a mix of his original and Awakening attires, and it looks amazing.

Moveset wise, he looks like he's probably going to be a semi clone like most of us wanted, as it seems that Roy has the old neutral B animation instead of the new one Marth got in the transition to Brawl. From his animations, you can clearly tell they're trying their best to differentiate him further from Marth/Lucina. But hey, even if he's unchanged, I'll still welcome him with open arms.

Overall, Roy looks incredible, and I'm extremely excited for him.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sorry guys, but our boy was just too hot to not burst out leaking everywhere! :cool:

I MEAN LOOK AT THIS STUD! :shades:

He just screams "I AM TOO HOT TO HANDLE! I'M SO HOT I CAN TURN ANY BIRD INTO A TURKEY!"

Here from the Ryu Support Thread to say congrats to all those of the Roy Support Thread. We made it! :colorful:
Screw the Roy and Ryu Support threads, hello the Roy and Ryu sub-forums! :shades:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Screw the Roy and Ryu Support threads, hello the Roy and Ryu sub-forums! :shades:
That brings up another point... Do you think that these threads will be locked when the characters come out? Maybe moved to that character's section and stickied for the pages of Smash History?

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Well since the leak is from the patch getting applied early by mistake, they should be avaiable for purchase when the Lucas patch hits. So the chances are pretty good.
I don't think some footage from the victory clips means they're being added in their entirety, just like they had their victory themes added earlier.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
That brings up another point... Do you think that these threads will be locked when the characters come out? Maybe moved to that character's section and stickied for the pages of Smash History?
Well I don't know how the mods handle this around here, but they just might merge it into the main discussion for the sub forums.

I don't think some footage from the victory clips means they're being added in their entirety, just like they had their victory themes added earlier.
There is a lot more than just the victory clips. All models, attack-pictures, sound clips, stage assets etc. have been ripped, so basically everything is there already... Why delay it another month or more when it is already finished? Of course it could happen, but thats why i wrote "the chances are pretty good" instead of "100% confirmed".

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Roy's VA really stepped up their game voicing Roy this time around. Not only does Roy sound older, but more passionate. Roy sounds way cooler than he did in Melee, and way more involved. It's awesome to see Roy sound cooler.
They're moved to said sub-forums and then usually locked after a while, to forever be a part of the past.

Edit: As for Roy's release date, I expect him to be released the same day as Ryu and Dreamland 64 and Ryu's Stage (as well as all the songs that come with both of those stages), likely within the next 2 months.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Alright, it's time to pack it up, Smashboard admins. Lets get those Roy and Ryu character boards up and running. :roypm:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I won't deny that I'm not a huge fan of Roy, but I offer my sincerest congratulations to all those who supported him. Your dream has finally come true. ;)

Also, Roy looks fabulous.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sorry guys, but our boy was just too hot to not burst out leaking everywhere! :cool:

I MEAN LOOK AT THIS STUD! :shades:

He just screams "I AM TOO HOT TO HANDLE! I'M SO HOT I CAN TURN ANY BIRD INTO A TURKEY!"

You got it all right Johnny. You really do.

Honestly though , I kept going"Oh my God he's hot" when watching the gifs. He has matured so much!

He got the phier in his body and face now.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Can't say anything else but congrats, guys.

Teh Ph1r3 is real.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
These threads will become the respective Social Threads.

:231:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
There is a lot more than just the victory clips. All models, attack-pictures, sound clips, stage assets etc. have been ripped, so basically everything is there already... Why delay it another month or more when it is already finished? Of course it could happen, but thats why i wrote "the chances are pretty good" instead of "100% confirmed".
Didn't know there was that much. Interesting. Not sure, then.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
anyone have a vocaroo or something of the sound files?

would rather not download

tirkaro

Smash Champion
AAAaaaAAaAAAAAAaa i can't believe it actually happened. I've been waiting for this moment since Brawl.
I'm glad to see Chronobound finally vindicated. I've never stopped being a Knight of Elibe and I ain't gonna stop anytime soon.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Cool, I can't wait to use Roy when he arrives! I've used him back in PM, so I hope he'll be just as good. Anyways, congrats on your characters getting in. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is it me, or does Roy new armor kinda make him look like he's about to go get a helmet on, grab a stick, and play in the Stanley Cup Finals?

You can't convince me that isn't hockey padding.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Now that Roy's "officially confirmed" I have a Roy skype group up add me at AndrewTheGamer1000 to be in

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Can anyone confirm or disconfirm if the announcer's Bowser Jr. "ROY" is the same as the actual "ROY" sound when selected at the character screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom