• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
This should be worth the wait. We have up until next month where Nintendo will show off several things during their E3 conference, including Smash DLC content. There's a big chance that they will announce the release date for Lucas DLC too.
Do you think they will release each character one by one or just a single 5-6 character pack all togheter?

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
Do you think they will release each character one by one or just a single 5-6 character pack all togheter?
I assume that it would be one by one since we got Mewtwo in April and Lucas may be released in June (soon to be revealed by Nintendo at E3).

Sakurai did say that it takes a lot of time making characters, so there's a good chance that Sakurai would go with one DLC at a time.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
This should be worth the wait. We have up until next month where Nintendo will show off several things during their E3 conference, including Smash DLC content. There's a big chance that they will announce the release date for Lucas DLC too.
They're definitely gonna announce Lucas's release date, since he comes out the same month as E3.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would change Roy as so:

Forward Smash: Leaping sword attack similar to Link's dash attack
Down Smash: A circular spin with fire effect
B: Similar to in Melee, but with a vacuum effect to draw opponents in
Side B: Each combo attack shoots a wave of fire that does only damage; the actual sword attack is slower than Marth's
Down B: I think holding a direction after the counter input so Roy could choose to send his opponent in one of the cardinal directions like throwing options would be interesting. I believe I had this idea for Little Mac's counter before his moves were revealed.
Dash attack: A clothesline with the sword. Roy would actually go onto the Z axis while holding out his sword. Lag afterwards to make it fair.
F tilt: Takes a step backwards before slashing. This way the f-tilt punishes opponent's running in for the attack and the Smash chases enemies.

Last edited:
Yugi and Roy dual (duel?) reveal. Bear with me on this, Yugi Muto is easily one of the best choices for Smash DLC. People want Shantae, Shovel Knight, Banjo Kazooie, and Dixie Kong, so why not throw in another really out there rep, who is probably more deserving than them?

Yugi summons Roy in Einherjar form, so that they don't have to worry about reusing his clips, getting Jun to do his clips, or using a new VA. They can just work on Yugi, essentially cutting the work in half, allowing them to make two characters.

"I believe in the heart of the cards... with this card, I cannot lose!" -Yugi, who takes quotes from both himself and Roy to become the most epic Smash character since Roy is mute. Yugi is voiced by a combination of Dan Green (Yugi's VA) and Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA), who took turns recording lines. They sometimes sang karaoke together to get over the language barrier, and some clips were taken from that for Yugi's Final Smash.

Jounouchi (Joey) makes a brief cameo in the reveal trailer since he hands Yugi his Viable Flame Swordsman (Roy) for a Flame Swordsman reboot, sort of like when they did Obnoxious Celtic Guard for Celtic Guardian. Yugi spends a few minutes of the trailer starting into Roy's deep, beautiful blue eyes. Each turn takes forever anyways so his opponent doesn't mind.

Roy is officially printed on both the Fire Emblem TCG and the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, being designed to destroy archetypes while bringing lots of $$$ for both franchises. Konami finally addresses the issue of old players leaving due to making the game braindead and a money throwing competition after making plenty of profit with FE fan sales plus Smash DLC revenue, and creativity+rogue decks being able to win is restored to the meta due to recent archetypes being made unviable, without having to print more archetypes to make previous ones unviable.

Roy is also branded as a Yu-Gi-Oh and Konami rep, addressing the issue of idiots saying 4 or 5 is too many Fire Emblem reps. Sakurai adds Seliph, Leif, Chrom, and an FE14 character anyways, because he knows how many FE reps we truly deserve, and Roy allowed them to take his place as Fire Emblem reps. Yu-Gi-Oh, one of the biggest franchises of all time, gets two deserved reps as well.

Consequentially, due to two Konami reps, Snake's chances of reappearing are destroyed. RIP Snake.

My final rating on Yugi and this idea:

P4RGaming/4.

Reveal theme used alongside Roy's Hope - Winning Road:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Yugi and Roy dual (duel?) reveal. Bear with me on this, Yugi Muto is easily one of the best choices for Smash DLC. People want Shantae, Shovel Knight, Banjo Kazooie, and Dixie Kong, so why not throw in another really out there rep, who is probably more deserving than them?

Yugi summons Roy in Einherjar form, so that they don't have to worry about reusing his clips, getting Jun to do his clips, or using a new VA. They can just work on Yugi, essentially cutting the work in half, allowing them to make two characters.

"I believe in the heart of the cards... with this card, I cannot lose!" -Yugi, who takes quotes from both himself and Roy to become the most epic Smash character since Roy is mute. Yugi is voiced by a combination of Dan Green (Yugi's VA) and Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA), who took turns recording lines. They sometimes sang karaoke together to get over the language barrier, and some clips were taken from that for Yugi's Final Smash.

Jounouchi (Joey) makes a brief cameo in the reveal trailer since he hands Yugi his Viable Flame Swordsman (Roy) for a Flame Swordsman reboot, sort of like when they did Obnoxious Celtic Guard for Celtic Guardian. Yugi spends a few minutes of the trailer starting into Roy's deep, beautiful blue eyes. Each turn takes forever anyways so his opponent doesn't mind.

Roy is officially printed on both the Fire Emblem TCG and the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, being designed to destroy archetypes while bringing lots of $$$ for both franchises. Konami finally addresses the issue of old players leaving due to making the game braindead and a money throwing competition after making plenty of profit with FE fan sales plus Smash DLC revenue, and creativity+rogue decks being able to win is restored to the meta due to recent archetypes being made unviable, without having to print more archetypes to make previous ones unviable.

Roy is also branded as a Yu-Gi-Oh and Konami rep, addressing the issue of idiots saying 4 or 5 is too many Fire Emblem reps. Sakurai adds Seliph, Leif, Chrom, and an FE14 character anyways, because he knows how many FE reps we truly deserve, and Roy allowed them to take his place as Fire Emblem reps. Yu-Gi-Oh, one of the biggest franchises of all time, gets two deserved reps as well.

Consequentially, due to two Konami reps, Snake's chances of reappearing are destroyed. RIP Snake.

My final rating on Yugi and this idea:

P4RGaming/4.

Reveal theme used alongside Roy's Hope - Winning Road:

.........What?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy should return as a MLP rep along with Fluttershy.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I would change Roy as so:

Forward Smash: Leaping sword attack similar to Link's dash attack
Down Smash: A circular spin with fire effect
B: Similar to in Melee, but with a vacuum effect to draw opponents in
Side B: Each combo attack shoots a wave of fire that does only damage; the actual sword attack is slower than Marth's
Down B: I think holding a direction after the counter input so Roy could choose to send his opponent in one of the cardinal directions like throwing options would be interesting. I believe I had this idea for Little Mac's counter before his moves were revealed.
Dash attack: A clothesline with the sword. Roy would actually go onto the Z axis while holding out his sword. Lag afterwards to make it fair.
F tilt: Takes a step backwards before slashing. This way the f-tilt punishes opponent's running in for the attack and the Smash chases enemies.
Looks good but i have to say the lack of projectile fireball special is a dealbreaker

Imagine Roy as a pony from MLP... you cannot unsee
I've seen tons of FE characters ponified from back when I used Google/Yahoo to look for FE art.

Let's just say I'm glad I haven't used them for years to find FE art. Nothing against bronies, I just don't like seeing characters ponified at least once 90% of the time I go on Google.

Last edited:
Last edited:

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
Skill Drain was really funny(Blue Flame Swordsman should be Ike)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
TBH, I never really cared about Amibos (however you spell that thing). It always seemed like a massive waste of money in my opinion.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Today I played a lot with Marth and Captain Falcon. I really enjoy Marth moveset and playstyle, bar the tipper, but Captain Falcon is sooo cool, dat speed, dat power...

Ah, if only Marth could have the meta of the Captain, with that attack power and that agility...with fire based attacks...maybe on his sword...OH MY GOOD I NEED ROY!!

The E3 will never come fast enough this year...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If only life had a fast forward button that could take us directly to E3.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
That depends on his render will be.

I would personally love it if they used this pose from one of his Binding Blade artworks.

I support this. This render actually shows the Blazing Sword up front, which is a very pivotal part of Roy's game especially considering the game is named after it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm down for it as long as he's in his Awakening attire.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
This is why I think Fire Emblem should get its own Amiibo line. 'Cause...you know...it'd be fabulous.

Just my two cents.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm down for it as long as he's in his Awakening attire.
They're most likely gonna use his Binding Blade attire, considering Marth and Ike's appearances are based on the most recent games they've been in, not counting Awakening. It could probably be an alternate costume, though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Still, Marth and Ike had no reason to use their Awakening attires. In Marth's case, his attire was the same as Lucina's and with Lucina in the game, theirs no reason for him to use that attire. With Ike, his attire in that game was pretty bad hence his Radiant Dawn attire taking priority.

Roy's case is much different then both of them. He clearly has an attire available that blows his Melee/Binding Blade attire out of the water and it would be a HUGE mistake to push it aside for the old Melee one. Not saying he can't have his Melee attire, i'm just saying it needs to take a back seat (i.e. an alt attire) to his Awakening attire which has every reason to be his primary attire.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I HEARD AMIIBO?!

amiibo are my life-blood. They are my heart and my soul. And the only one that matters right now is Roy, if he's DLC.

VIVA LA AMIIBO

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Still, Marth and Ike had no reason to use their Awakening attires. In Marth's case, his attire was the same as Lucina's and with Lucina in the game, theirs no reason for him to use that attire. With Ike, his attire in that game was pretty bad hence his Radiant Dawn attire taking priority.

Roy's case is much different then both of them. He clearly has an attire available that blows his Melee/Binding Blade attire out of the water and it would be a HUGE mistake to push it aside for the old Melee one. Not saying he can't have his Melee attire, i'm just saying it needs to take a back seat (i.e. an alt attire) to his Awakening attire which has every reason to be his primary attire.
Well, I wasn't saying his Awakening outfit has no chance of being his default appearance, just that his Binding Blade one has a little more of a chance, but you do have a point there.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of his Awakening attire since it's a little too much silver for me, but I respect your opinion and you wanting it to be his default appearance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom