• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And it also says, "Roy lacks combat experience, as he is still young"... must be why he sucks. :troll:
You know, considering at this point the fact that Roy's strengths has always been emphasized to be from his ideals, companionship, surprising maturity for royal of his age, and intelligence that he drives his army on with - it would become understandable that he's more of a brains guy, than that of a brawn, anyway. For being so constantly judged by his stats or growth pre-promotion, it's easy to overlook how he's one of the more admirable lords. when remembering he's reasonably human by not plowing through armies like not some super-human slaughtering machine. (:ike::4myfriends:) for overly easy game, but makes up for his mental strengths and virtues that helps him gain this strength in the teammates and eventually, himself. I mean, Roy's shown to have some low self-confidence now and then in his supports. Kind of a rarity in FE-lords.

I think fans of FE got spoiled by these super-strong or overly decent lords which exhibit this aloof or naive but still righteous character, which might explain partially the roots for Roy and Leaf being most disliked Lords in the series. I think people could use giving Roy a break for not being what you expected him to be.

Seeing that Mewtwo's Smash 4 moveset is wholesale copied from Melee without any changes, I don't expect much changes in Roy either, except for balance. :ohwell:

:231:
That might also be reason to not include Roy at the slightest, for we already have Lucina as a Marth-clone, and Roy would be another potential boundary to step towards more controversy debates and anger from the fans towards Sakurai. Which is why I hope for a semi-clone inclusion, or at least decloning him a good measure.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think fans of FE got spoiled by these super-strong or overly decent lords which exhibit this aloof or naive but still righteous character, which might explain partially the roots for Roy and Leaf being most disliked Lords in the series. I think people could use giving Roy a break for not being what you expected him to be.

That might also be reason to not include Roy at the slightest, for we already have Lucina as a Marth-clone, and Roy would be another potential boundary to step towards more controversy debates and anger from the fans towards Sakurai. Which is why I hope for a semi-clone inclusion, or at least decloning him a good measure.
I came up with a great way of making Roy a semi clone in the game in another thread. It's basically what I posted before with more detail added.

Jab: Same as Marth's

Forward Tilt: Lunges his sword horizontally like he does in PM.

Up Tilt: Same as Marth's

Down Tilt: Similar to Shulk's down tilt but still has fhe same effect it had in Melee.

Forward Smash: Bring's his sword towards him and then lunges it at his opponent (somewhat similar to the Mii Swordfighter in a way I guess).

Up Smash: Same as Marth's though it will sorta be like his PM Up Smash.

Down Smash: Same as Marth's.

Forward/Back Air's: Similar to his PM Fair/Bair.

Neutral/Down Air's: Same as Marth's only because it would be awkward without. The hitbox's would be different though

Neutral B: Revamped Flare Blade. It would act the same way it did in Melee only the animation for the attack would be Roy's animation with the Sword of Seals in FE6 (with him holding the sword on fire and then attacking his opponent). If you haven't seen it already, check it out because it looks very hype.

Side B: Roy unleashes a fire-like projectile from his sword. (A fireball-like projectile). His start up animation would be like Ike's Side B and he can charge up the projectile for higher damage and knockback.

Up B: Same Up B from Melee only he moves in a 180 degree angle and has great horizontal recovery and decent vertical recovery.

Down B: His counter from Melee only a bit faster.

Final Smash: Inspired by the FE6 Manga, Roy would unleash a massive Flare Blade that OHKO's anyone within range.

This way, he would be unique and true to his previous moveset. I think even the Roy haters would give him a second chance if he were to have this moveset.

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
If they go the semi-clone route I hope they expand on giving Roy moves different traits from Marth's. Give him fire effects on some of his A attacks to make them mutihit moves that way he can stand out better and potentially be better than Marth in some situations.

Although I would prefer they keep his Down Tilt the same since that was one of his better moves in Melee.

Steelia

Smash Champion
If they go the semi-clone route I hope they expand on giving Roy moves different traits from Marth's. Give him fire effects on some of his A attacks to make them mutihit moves that way he can stand out better and potentially be better than Marth in some situations.

Although I would prefer they keep his Down Tilt the same since that was one of his better moves in Melee.
His upsmash would actually be very viable in Smash 4. Escaping multi-hitting moves is much more difficult compared to Melee. Marth's and Lucina's are one-hit quick attacks and leave them very vulnerable after. Roy's lasts for quite a while, and would be especially helpful against opponents dropping in above him; even an airdodge wouldn't last long enough to escape a few of the remaining fiery blows.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Found another Japanese Miiverse post. Just some poking fun at how many people are very specific when referring to our boy now.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTh7kD6Aw

Translation (to the best of my ability):

Panel 1
Villager: Ah! Roy (FE)!
Ness: It’s Roy (FE).

Panel 2
Ness: It’s been a long time! How have you been, Roy (FE)?
Villager: It’d be great if you joined the battle, Roy (FE)!
Kirby: Royyy~ (Eff Eee)

Panel 3
Roy: The way they’re saying my name... (Ծ_Ծ)

Poor Roy. lol From what I can understand it looks like a lot of commenters are saying stuff like, "But he was 'Roy' first!"

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Title better?

Funny Miiverse post, I remember seeing it though there was no translation (was wondering what it was about)... wait, did you translate the comic by yourself, royalblue?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Personally, I wouldn't mind Roy though he'd sorta be at least a semi-clone of Marth and we already have Lucina. But I just really don't mind clones if we get a new personality to the smash family (or in this case and old friend). But if he has his old neutral B and maybe a new side-b and down-b (so many counters already) all with his old fire effects, he could be a great addition with not a huuuge workload. The supporters are there, what a good deal for Nintendo, right? A relatively low work load for a pretty fair profit!
I kind of expect to see Roy in the future...mostly.

OR at the very least, he could be a total clone of Marth but be one of his costumes like Olimar has Alph and Jr has the koopalings? Would be lamer, he'd lose some personality in win poses and idle animations, but... better than nothing?

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Royalblue, that is a correct translation of the comic!! C: Though I have always read Ness' line more like "Have you been well, Roy?"
Poor Roy. ;n; Since Koopa Roy is in, everyone has to give him that Fire Emblem label now! x'D How frustrating for the poor lord.

Croph, though I had no qualms with the title before, I do think it's clearer now that Roy is in the beginning. Glad that it's still called The Lycia Alliance.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Found another Japanese Miiverse post. Just some poking fun at how many people are very specific when referring to our boy now.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTh7kD6Aw

Translation (to the best of my ability):

Panel 1
Villager: Ah! Roy (FE)!
Ness: It’s Roy (FE).

Panel 2
Ness: It’s been a long time! How have you been, Roy (FE)?
Villager: It’d be great if you joined the battle, Roy (FE)!
Kirby: Royyy~ (Eff Eee)

Panel 3
Roy: The way they’re saying my name... (Ծ_Ծ)

Poor Roy. lol From what I can understand it looks like a lot of commenters are saying stuff like, "But he was 'Roy' first!"
Hehheh. At least they try to differentiate the guy. Then why not call him "Lord Roy"?

Though to be fair, Roy Koopa came before Lord Roy anyway if going by canon games.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Title better?

Funny Miiverse post, I remember seeing it though there was no translation (was wondering what it was about)... wait, did you translate the comic by yourself, royalblue?
The title looks good. To be honest, I liked how the old one sounded better, but this way it's easier for Roy's name to catch people's eyes. But sometimes you have to sacrifice aesthetic for functionality (or something like that).

Yes, the translation was mine. I'm still very much in the process of learning but the language was simple enough that I felt I wouldn't mess it up. I was hoping everyone who couldn't read it before might be able to enjoy it.

Royalblue, that is a correct translation of the comic!! C: Though I have always read Ness' line more like "Have you been well, Roy?"
Yay! Thanks, I'm always happy to have someone check my work. You're right, Ness saying, "Have you been well" would have been closer. I've gotten to a point where I end up paraphrasing things (sometimes too much) whenever I translate.

Though to be fair, Roy Koopa came before Lord Roy anyway if going by canon games.
Yeah, I was thinking of that too. But in Smash, our boy will always be first!

Steelia

Smash Champion
OR at the very least, he could be a total clone of Marth but be one of his costumes like Olimar has Alph and Jr has the koopalings? Would be lamer, he'd lose some personality in win poses and idle animations, but... better than nothing?
That kinda goes against Sakurai's rules for alts. He made Lucina into her own character simply because her stats differed slightly. Roy is known for his fire techniques; he wouldn't put Roy under Marth because of that, and probably for that reason alone. (That and, judging by Dr. Mario returning, respects even cloned veterans enough not to turn them into costumes.)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That kinda goes against Sakurai's rules for alts. He made Lucina into her own character simply because her stats differed slightly. Roy is known for his fire techniques; he wouldn't put Roy under Marth because of that, and probably for that reason alone. (That and, judging by Dr. Mario returning, respects even cloned veterans enough not to turn them into costumes.)
I know, I know, it wouldn't be my fav option either, just said at least. My best case scenario is he's Luigi-fied from Marth, keeping his old neutral B, and has a new side or down b.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yes, the translation was mine. I'm still very much in the process of learning but the language was simple enough that I felt I wouldn't mess it up. I was hoping everyone who couldn't read it before might be able to enjoy it.
Thanks for the translation then! I was curious as to what was going on before haha.

Seeing that Mewtwo's Smash 4 moveset is wholesale copied from Melee without any changes, I don't expect much changes in Roy either, except for balance. :ohwell:

:231:
Mewtwo didn't really need moveset changes, just fixes on some moves like his "reflector" (so glad it works like it should now) and possibly some statistics like weight and speed.

Lucas also wasn't changed, but I never considered him a Ness moveset clone in the first place. Just realy similar in some other attributes.

For those of us who want a more unique Roy, we just have to speak up in our ballot votes and suggest ideas. Mine were:

1: Making him a glass cannon swordsman focused on offense, the game has few glass cannons and no glass cannon swordsmen. He could have the speed of Marth and the power of Ike, with a lower weight than both of them as well as keeping his old fast falling speed for both fast aerials and the weakness of being juggled and combo'd easily.

2: Making him an in-between of Marth's speed, Ike's power, and Robin's fire magic. He'd be the true medium for all FE fighters.

Also, some of our thread members had really good ideas, like Roy having the aura mechanic, Ryo being rewarded for keeping pressure on his foes (typed Ryo at first, kept it cause that man's a beast at keeping pressure in his Brawl/sm4sh sets), and anything you think would be cool to see. Read through the last few thread pages to get some cool ideas in.

I came up with a great way of making Roy a semi clone in the game in another thread. It's basically what I posted before with more detail added.

Jab: Same as Marth's

Forward Tilt: Lunges his sword horizontally like he does in PM.

Up Tilt: Same as Marth's

Down Tilt: Similar to Shulk's down tilt but still has fhe same effect it had in Melee.

Forward Smash: Bring's his sword towards him and then lunges it at his opponent (somewhat similar to the Mii Swordfighter in a way I guess).

Up Smash: Same as Marth's though it will sorta be like his PM Up Smash.

Down Smash: Same as Marth's.

Neutral/Forward/Back/Down Air's: Same as Marth's only because it would be awkward without. The hitbox's would be different though (i'd like to think these attacks will be like the PM versions).

Neutral B: Revamped Flare Blade. It would act the same way it did in Melee only the animation for the attack would be Roy's animation with the Sword of Seals in FE6 (with him holding the sword on fire and then attacking his opponent). If you haven't seen it already, check it out because it looks very hype.

Side B: Roy unleashes a fire-like projectile from his sword. (A fireball-like projectile). His start up animation would be like Ike's Side B and he can charge up the projectile for higher damage and knockback.

Up B: Same Up B from Melee only he moves in a 180 degree angle and has great horizontal recovery and decent vertical recovery.

Down B: His counter from Melee only a bit faster.

Final Smash: Inspired by the FE6 Manga, Roy would unleash a massive Flare Blade that OHKO's anyone within range.

This way, he would be unique and true to his previous moveset. I think even the Roy haters would give him a second chance if he were to have this moveset.
These are also good ideas we should send in.
His upsmash would actually be very viable in Smash 4. Escaping multi-hitting moves is much more difficult compared to Melee. Marth's and Lucina's are one-hit quick attacks and leave them very vulnerable after. Roy's lasts for quite a while, and would be especially helpful against opponents dropping in above him; even an airdodge wouldn't last long enough to escape a few of the remaining fiery blows.
Pleeeeeease send that in, it would be so much fun to set landing traps and stuff with usmash.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Roy though he'd sorta be at least a semi-clone of Marth and we already have Lucina. But I just really don't mind clones if we get a new personality to the smash family (or in this case and old friend). But if he has his old neutral B and maybe a new side-b and down-b (so many counters already) all with his old fire effects, he could be a great addition with not a huuuge workload. The supporters are there, what a good deal for Nintendo, right? A relatively low work load for a pretty fair profit!
I kind of expect to see Roy in the future...mostly.

I'd like new specials, but I'd be salty (still grateful) if he ended up as just a costume in the end. I can't see Roy being a Marth alt if Lucina isn't, since Lucina canonically impersonates Marth, while Roy and Marth are never able to even cross paths or know of each other during their lives. Either way, I like your ideas of new specials and a ballot vote might help them see the battlefield.

I got some feedback from Raito! Rough idea of what he said:
"Thank you. I will upload videos when I battle with Roy. Our love of Roy is mutual."

He's gonna be a big help reaching out to the Japanese audience, and I feel like we should definitely reach out internationally when possible.

Btw, Archdan's Miiverse post (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFCmYLffw) has almost 2000 yeahs. Let's hit 2000, then go above and beyond.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
These are also good ideas we should send in.
Adding on to that, Roy can use the bair PM gave him and can lunge his sword forward horizontally for his Fair unlike Marth and Lucina who lunge their swords vertically. The only things that he would share with Marth/Lucina are his...

- Jab
- Up Tilt
- Uair
- Dair
- Up Smash
- Down Smash

He would have a unique

- Forward Tilt
- Down Tilt (same effect as Melee though)
- Forward Smash
- Fair
- Bair
- Neutral B
- Side B
- Up B
- Down B
- Final Smash

That's less than half his moveset he would share with Marth and Lucina so he would be extremely different with that kind of moveset. Just wanted to demonstrate how Roy can be an amazing addition to the roster.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I noticed Archdan's post at almost 2000 Yeahs. Kinda expected high Yeahs given the nature of his popularity on Miiverse and comic series, but it would be awesome if the Yeahs could go higher.

Archdan making a post like that was great publicity, especially since some people in the comments were like, "I love your comic series, I threw in a vote for Roy!"

Mewtwo didn't really need moveset changes, just fixes on some moves like his "reflector" (so glad it works like it should now) and possibly some statistics like weight and speed.
Dude, when I saw Mewtwo's Confusion move used, I was like, "FINALLY MEWTWO HAS A TRUE REFLECTOR!!" Some other moves like Up Smash seems to have a buff in power. Can't wait to try Mewtwo out!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's amazing to see Roy's popularity skyrocket like crazy. Just a year ago, you would be crazy to want Roy over Chrom (People were so fixated with the idea of having Marth, Ike, and Chrom represent FE in Sm4sH before Robin and Lucina got revealed) and Roy being in the game just felt highly unlikely. With the ballot happening, we've seen a large increase for Roy's support and he's arguably the 2nd most requested vet only behind Wolf. What a difference a year can make.

I'm also eagerly waiting for Mewtwo to release on the 15th. Mostly to show off though lol.

BTW, does anyone think Fire Emblem IF being showed off @E3 will help Roy's chances of being announced? I think it might help somewhat.

I threw in some stuff about Roy's possible return and what he could bring.
It's amazing to see Roy's popularity skyrocket like crazy. Just a year ago, you would be crazy to want Roy over Chrom (People were so fixated with the idea of having Marth, Ike, and Chrom represent FE in Sm4sH before Robin and Lucina got revealed) and Roy being in the game just felt highly unlikely. With the ballot happening, we've seen a large increase for Roy's support and he's arguably the 2nd most requested vet only behind Wolf. What a difference a year can make.

I'm also eagerly waiting for Mewtwo to release on the 15th. Mostly to show off though lol.

BTW, does anyone think Fire Emblem IF being showed off @E3 will help Roy's chances of being announced? I think it might help somewhat.
Funny thing is, I actually posted on my Facebook page that I largely preferred the idea of FE:A's avatar over Chrom and Lucina, either in the spring or summer last year.

Months later, Robin was revealed, Lucina was a clone, and Chrom was just part of Robin's final smash.

Who knew that it'd be the best possible outcome minus Lucina for the chances of Roy? Now Roy dwarfs Chrom in votes, and there's so much FE:A representation that a lot of people want a slice from somewhere else in the series.
Dammit Sakurai, if you're gonna follow my page and try to please me with your deeds, you know Roy would be the best choice for that.
Or you're waiting for my birthday or something to surprise me. That's too long of a wait and you know it, you sly man.

I hope the FE: IF reveal comes with a Roy reveal. It has the potential to, we could send in ballot stuff about that idea.

One... more... week... for Mewtwo.

Yeah, I noticed Archdan's post at almost 2000 Yeahs. Kinda expected high Yeahs given the nature of his popularity on Miiverse and comic series, but it would be awesome if the Yeahs could go higher.

Archdan making a post like that was great publicity, especially since some people in the comments were like, "I love your comic series, I threw in a vote for Roy!"

Dude, when I saw Mewtwo's Confusion move used, I was like, "FINALLY MEWTWO HAS A TRUE REFLECTOR!!" Some other moves like Up Smash seems to have a buff in power. Can't wait to try Mewtwo out!
Again, one... more... week... for Mewtwo. I'm so impatient, ugh. It feels like time's passing by less now that I've been focusing so actively on the ballot.

Did you see how far Mewtwo slid on that up smash?! He didn't even go into jumpsquat before it, which is something that increases the length a character goes before they let out an up smash.

I'm gonna squat so hard next week.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
A bit off topic but do we have a Roy chat group on anything? Or are people willing to talk about Roy FE smash and other things as well as just talk to each other in general? I currently have been looking for more people to talk to through texting or anything else really. Skype isn't a good option since where I'm staying has no WiFi so I got to use my phones data for this. Also I've been afraid to ask for people to talk to since I've been going through a rough time at the moment. Also sorry if this is too off topic...

A bit off topic but do we have a Roy chat group on anything? Or are people willing to talk about Roy FE smash and other things as well as just talk to each other in general? I currently have been looking for more people to talk to through texting or anything else really. Skype isn't a good option since where I'm staying has no WiFi so I got to use my phones data for this. Also I've been afraid to ask for people to talk to since I've been going through a rough time at the moment. Also sorry if this is too off topic...
This thread seems like a pretty good place for any of that, what do you think, @ Croph Croph ? Also, Jordan (Facebook group's owner) wants to make the Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/405593832915234/) more social and laid-back, so it's another good start. HMU for my digits. I only text during work breaks or slow periods to conserve usage of minutes, so I'm not the #1 candidate, but I still get back to people eventually. I have a short shift tomorrow and work weekends.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What if... the new FE game takes place in Elibe!?

Mind = blown.

Yes, Roy reveal at E3 pls kthxbai

I was going to mention Skype, but since it isn't a good option for you...

This thread in particular mostly has to do with Roy, buuut in many other support threads people talk about whatever from time to time, so I don't see why not (as long as we don't go majorly off-topic, as in for tons and tons of pages). There's the Royvolution Facebook group, if you're interested. We could potentially set up a social group here, but I do think this thread + facebook group is enough. But if people think otherwise, then feel free to tell me and if you have any other ideas.

Oh, and you could always hit me up here with a PM if you would like to talk about whatever. I usually respond if I'm not busy. Although I have a phone, I'm really, really bad at keeping up with texts and whatnot. :laugh: It's better to contact me online.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I don't know how to reply to both of your posts at the same time but thanks for the support I just know that some groups are like one off topic post and your deleted or whatever. Also will do on PMing when I figure it out lol. Just been going through tough times and looking for support/someone to get my mind off of it and just talk and be happy

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
To PM anyone, click on their name, then when the thing pop us, click "start a conversation". Feel free to hit me up though.

Thing is, the threads here are supposed to be support threads for various characters. I don't think they're like social threads, like those on certain character boards, for example. Mods probably wouldn't like it if this thread turns into an off-topic social 24/7, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I'm not meaning to turn it into one if that's what it sounds like. It just was a simple question. If you told me to keep it to Roy I would. Sorry

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm not meaning to turn it into one if that's what it sounds like. It just was a simple question. If you told me to keep it to Roy I would. Sorry
Oh no, I know it was just a simple question you asked, but I'm not really sure that's the thing. I would have to contact a mod for the direct rules to something like this.

We've talked a lot about FE games here in the past, SMT x FE speculation as well. Kinda a grey area, if you kinda understand what I'm getting at haha. But in many other support threads, people talk about games relating to the character, so it's probably fine if you would like to talk about FE here.

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
I'm surprised and also relieved to see so much support for Roy.
I also want Roy to be added but I'm scared of him having a not so different moveset than Marth/Lucina. I would like him to be a modified version of PM Roy with the F-tilt stab etc....

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Roy's F-Tilt in PM, while a reference to his attack animation with anything but the SoS, is... kinda strange IMO. Sure, it's a nice callback and all, but it doesn't seem like a very practical attack for a sword where it's strength lies in the center of the blade.

Then again, I wonder if it's actually logical for a sword to have sweetspots anyway.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Now for your regulary scheduled reminder that Roy is indeed our boy.

You guys are going to love today's Remix Corner.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Hey Croph, it'd be cool if you could add me on supporters list for Roy. He's my boy too.

I'm surprised and also relieved to see so much support for Roy.
I also want Roy to be added but I'm scared of him having a not so different moveset than Marth/Lucina. I would like him to be a modified version of PM Roy with the F-tilt stab etc....
Like I said, we just gotta keep sending in votes for him to get a more unique moveset and ideas for it.

Pelleas

Smash Rookie
I really hope Roy will finally strike back in SSB thanks to Sakurai's fantastic idea (the poll).

I tried to create a semi/de-cloned moveset for him:

Neutral Attack: Roy slashes his opponents twice, concluding his attack with a more powerful slash. (4% the first two slashes, 7% the last)

Forward Tilt: Roy slashes his opponents horizontally, with a low knockback effect. (6%)

Up Tilt: Roy moves roundly the SoS above his head. (4%)

Down Tilt: Same as Melee.

Dash Attack: Roy hits his opponent with a vertical shot.

Forward Smash: Same attack animation Roy has as an unpromoted Lord in FE6. Fire effect --> The more the attack is charged, the bigger the fire effect is. (7-15%)

Up Smash: Same as Melee (one of my favourite moves!).

Down Smash: Same as Marth, but Roy attacks first behind, then ahead. It also has a fire effect similar to Forward Smash. (8-20%)

Neutral Air: Roy spins with the SoS, creating small flames. (4%-sword, 2%-flames, 7%-both)

Forward Air: Same as Melee.

Back Air: Similar to Robin's, but with fire effect.

Down Air: Roy pointes the SoS under himself (2%) and creates a small fire explosion (6%) with meteor effect.

Up Air: Same as down, only over Roy without meteor effect.

Neutral B: Melee's Fire Blade, but with new design (?).

Side B: Roy charges a fire projectile that can be seen. The more is charged, the farther it goes. Where the proj. arrives, is causes a small eruption (6%).

Up B: Same as Melee. If the enemy is right under Roy when he performs this attack, this will cause a meteor effect.

Down B: One of FE characters' most typical attacks: the counter.

Sidestepping, Rolling, Air Dodging, Shield, Jump, Walk, Dash, Crouch: same as Melee.

Up taunt: Same as Melee.

Side taunt: The first part of Roy's animation with the SoS' ranged attack (the one with PH1R3, you know).

Down taunt: The animation is the same of his Lord's critical attack ( link: http:// vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/5/55/ Roy_lord_sword.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100723040818 ), and he says: "I'm the young lion of Pherae!", or some other phrases randomly.

Pummel: same as Melee.

Grab: same as Melee.

Up throw: Roy throws his opponent above himself and he hits him with the sword (sim to Link, but with a smaller movement).

Down throw: Roy summons fire with which hits the opponent under himself.

Back throw: Same as Melee, but Roy uses both arms to throw the opponent away.

Forward throw: Roy throws his opponent and after him a small fire wave (sim to Fox or Falco's forward throw).

Final Smash: close-up on Roy. He extracts the SoS and points it in front of him. Then, an horizontal explosion goes through the whole stage. (40%, instant KO, range similar to Zero Laser, but faster).

Well, that's all. Sorry if my English isn't very good, but I'm currently studying it.

LONG LIFE TO OUR BOY! #IbelieveinRoy #Hesourboy

Last edited:
I really hope Roy will finally strike back in SSB thanks to Sakurai's fantastic idea (the poll).

I tried to create a semi/de-cloned moveset for him:

Neutral Attack: Roy slashes his opponents twice, concluding his attack with a more powerful slash. (4% the first two slashes, 7% the last)

Forward Tilt: Roy slashes his opponents horizontally, with a low knockback effect. (6%)

Up Tilt: Roy moves roundly the SoS above his head. (4%)

Down Tilt: Same as Melee.

Dash Attack: Roy hits his opponent with a vertical shot.

Forward Smash: Same attack animation Roy has as an unpromoted Lord in FE6. Fire effect --> The more the attack is charged, the bigger the fire effect is. (7-15%)

Up Smash: Same as Melee (one of my favourite moves!).

Down Smash: Same as Marth, but Roy attacks first behind, then ahead. It also has a fire effect similar to Forward Smash. (8-20%)

Neutral Air: Roy spins with the SoS, creating small flames. (4%-sword, 2%-flames, 7%-both)

Forward Air: Same as Melee.

Back Air: Similar to Robin's, but with fire effect.

Down Air: Roy pointes the SoS under himself (2%) and creates a small fire explosion (6%) with meteor effect.

Neutral B: Melee's Fire Blade, but with new design (?).

Side B: Roy charges a fire projectile that can be seen. The more is charged, the farther it goes. Where the proj. arrives, is causes a small eruption (6%).

Up B: Same as Melee. If the enemy is right under Roy when he performs this attack, this will cause a meteor effect.

Down B: One of FE characters' most typical attacks: the counter.

Sidestepping, Rolling, Air Dodging, Shield, Jump, Walk, Dash, Crouch: same as Melee.

Up taunt: Same as Melee.

Side taunt: The first part of Roy's animation with the SoS' ranged attack (the one with PH1R3, you know).

Down taunt: The animation is the same of his Lord's critical attack ( link: http:// vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/5/55/ Roy_lord_sword.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100723040818 ), and he says: "I'm the young lion of Pherae!", or some other phrases randomly.

Pummel: same as Melee.

Grab: same as Melee.

Up throw: Roy throws his opponent above himself and he hits him with the sword (sim to Link, but with a smaller movement).

Down throw: Roy summons fire with which hits the opponent under himself.

Back throw: Same as Melee, but Roy uses both arms to throw the opponent away.

Forward throw: Roy throws his opponent and after him a small fire wave (sim to Fox or Falco's forward throw).

Final Smash: close-up on Roy. He extracts the SoS and points it in front of him. Then, an horizontal explosion goes through the whole stage. (40%, instant KO, range similar to Zero Laser, but faster).

Well, that's all. Sorry if my English isn't very good, but I'm currently studying it.

LONG LIFE TO OUR BOY! #IbelieveinRoy #Hesourboy
I like these ideas. Since they're way over 500 characters, I'd say send these to nintendo@noa.com, and mention in your ballot vote that you emailed them to that address.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Noob question, is linking to things allowed in the ballots 500 words section? Or at least trying to direct them without using URL.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This image here

Shows some of the current 'frontrunners' for Smash 4 DLC. Do you agree with it?
- K. Rool and Isaac are really popular and I think out of all the potential newcomers, they have the best chance of getting in.

- Roy and Wolf are the frontrunners for returning veterans and both of them have a great chance getting in (Wolf can get in with his Brawl moveset though Roy would need some of his moves revamped).

- Rayman is the front runner for 3rd party character to be DLC.

- I'm not sure if Paper Mario would be a contender for this. I mean yeah he can be unique and all but...you know...theirs quite a lot of Mario's in this game lol (I know, that's somewhat hypocritical for a loyal Roy supporter like me to say but in this case, theirs like 3 Mario-like character and 7 Mario reps so I don't think Sakurai would bring him in. He can be a frontrunner for newcomer status in SSB5 though.

- Sakurai gave Waluigi the finger (figuratively at least) even when fans such as myself wanted him in so I doubt he's getting in.

- Shovel Knight and Banjo are unlikely IMO. In Banjo's case, I just can't shake off the feeling that Nintendo doesn't want to promote a character that's prominent on a Microsoft console. For SK, he only has his fanbase in the West and he isn't even well known in that area as well so I doubt he'd get in.

- The whole Konami/Nintendo thing is hurting Snake's chances though i'd welcome his return to Smash.

- Ice Climbers still have a chance of getting in even without the poll. Heck, they should be in the game right now if it weren't for 3DS limitations.

- I'm not sure how popular Inkling is but I just don't want that character in the game personally. Sorry if that comes across as self-centered but it just doesn't feel right.

- IDK about Shantee and Bayoneta. Don't know much about both series.

- Ridley isn't coming folks. Sorry to put it out like that but it's true. Sakurai see's him as being "too big" and won't incorporate him to the roster. Maybe he'll be persuaded when development for SSB5 rolls around but for this DLC poll, he's not getting in.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
>mfw Roy is on the top 15 list. Heck yeaaahhh Reddit knows what's up!

GIVE ME ISAAC OR GIVE ME DEATH-- no, just kidding. But I REALLY want Isaac. I only wanted Roy and Isaac in Sm4sh, and I ended up not getting either of them (so far, anyway). |D Well. I wanted Robin too, but not as much as Roy/Isaac.

Wolf is... well, Wolf. I've got no reason to think he won't come back, especially now that Lucas has.

K. Rool, even though I'm not a big DK fan, would be the best addition to the roster in terms of the DK franchise. Would be better than Dixie, in my opinion. So yeah, it would be neat to see him in.

IC would be awesome-- have a singular Ice Climber, four alts being Popo, four alts being Nana. Final Smash the other Ice Climber could come in and kick butt (like Chrom and Robin do).

Snake? SNAAAKKEEE-- I really would like to see Snake back. Pls Sakurai. But with the whole Konami/Kojima falling-out and the lack of any big MGS games on Nintendo consoles (save for I think one 3DS game?), I'm not sure where Snake stands now.

As much as I think Bayo is an awesome character, I still can't help but think she'd be way too uh. Mature. For the Smash audience. Especially since the Tharja trophy had to be taken out of Sm4sh apparently because her outfit was considered too "revealing," I couldn't imagine how Bayonetta would be received. Pretty sure the ESRB would not be a fan of that in the slightest...

I still don't think Rayman has much of a chance at all. There's a difference between "we want him" and "he's totally reasonable." I mean, Ubisoft hasn't exactly been the nicest to Nintendo lately. Not to mention I don't give the slightest bit of care about Rayman. Nothing against him, I've just never been a fan.

Banjo... I'm neutral on. Banjo is really neat, but Rare ain't exactly Rare anymore, and Banjo is a Microsoft IP now. So there's that, at least imo.

Shovel Knight is more of a western-only sorta thing, and seeing as though it's not even a Nintendo exclusive anymore, I don't know about it, either. I honestly would be kind of annoyed to see SK (or any third-parties other than Snake) come in before requested first party characters.

I don't really know much about Shante, so no comment there.

Paper Mario... no real comment, tbh. Though at least he would be visually different from a lot of characters (save for G&W, since he's also got that 2D thing going on).

Poor Waluigi. </3 That's all I have to say about that.

Inkling I'd rather wait to see how Splatoon actually IS before wanting it in the game. Seriously, what if Splatoon ends up being a big flop? I mean I'm not saying it will be or anything, but on the off chance that it is.... uh... but yeah, I don't know. I'm kind of meh on Inkling anyway.

I don't get why people are still thinking Ridley has a chance. I mean. Heck, if he DOES, I'll welcome the big ol' dragon space pirate with open arms. But I doubt it's ever going to happen in Sm4sh, even with his huge fanbase.

But again tho. Heck yes for Roy support. It makes me happy inside. Also all the Isaac support too. Sobs.<3

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
For Isaac, a theory I have is that he didn't return as an AT because he's potentially being considered for DLC. Perhaps they also want to get people's thoughts on this, which is why the ballot could help. So, I think he has a great chance since he's a pretty popular character. I would prefer Matthew, but I'd be fine with Isaac as well.

I would love to see Isaac and Roy cuz Earth 'n Fire Boys, lol. Seriously, I don't know why, but I could imagine those two making an awesome team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom