• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Diddy I think your Roy stole my Ike's strength. He's level 17 now and I think he's gotten, like 4 Str levelups.

I had to waste an Energy Drop on him.... >.<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike will always make it up with his Ragnell and Aether killing everything. Ike doesn't really need strenght, but when he has it, anusses should be prepared.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ike will always make it up with his Ragnell and Aether killing everything. Ike doesn't really need strenght, but when he has it, anusses should be prepared.
But he doesn't get Aether for another ~5 chapter(I'm on the Chapter right before the multi-part one), and he doesn't get Ragnell until near the end of the game.

I'm worried he won't be able to hurt the Black Knight....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If you recruit Stefan, the base conversation gives you an Occult scroll. This should be before Ike promotes. Perhaps even 1 Chapter exactly before 17. And if all else fails, Warth, Resolve. Nothing keeps standing after that.

Usually.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If you recruit Stefan, the base conversation gives you an Occult scroll. This should be before Ike promotes. Perhaps even 1 Chapter exactly before 17. And if all else fails, Warth, Resolve. Nothing keeps standing after that.
Can't Occult Scrolls only be used on promoted units?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, so Ike may suck till he has promoted. But he gets like 2 points of Strenght to when he promotes, so that helps a little. Otherwise, try bonus experience RNG manipulation??

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, so Ike may suck till he has promoted. But he gets like 2 points of Strenght to when he promotes, so that helps a little. Otherwise, try bonus experience RNG manipulation??
I'm saving my BEXP for Rhys and Mist(yeah, I decided to use both of them this playthrough).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Path of Radiance is really one of the games I have most trouble in raising healers. Usually I let Soren promote, but Rhys always stays a rather low level. Think I always play PoR more aggresively than other games. Guess it's also cause Ike starts of with good HP and Defense for a Lord character. And Boyd, Oscar and Soren being just awesome I guess.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I got to say looking further at Project M's Roy, I think its likely how Roy would have turned out had he made it for Brawl, both moveset wise and aesthetically.

He most likely would have came back with some of his own A-moves and flashier fire (with the blade on fire), and probably his own Final Smash (Marth's Final Smash is based off of FE3, the HP meter particularly).

Aesthetically, he draws more from FE6.

Really, they did an excellent job with it.

I actually played Project M for the first time today. Its the 2.5b version of the game.

I am really loving it. To me it seems like the best of both worlds. Melee's fighting engine with Brawl's roster.

I have to hand it to them with Wario in particular. They made him feel much more like Wario (particularly Wario Land Wario) and he is now an extremely fun character to play. I also like how they changed up Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard as well.

I love also how they brought back the Metal Cavern. I have actually been wanting to play on that stage since the 64 days. Fourside was also great to see back (one of my favorite stages from Melee).

Some points of criticism. The Castlevania stage REALLY, REALLY needs a set of Castlevania music for it (especially considering how much awesome Castlevania music there is). I am also peeved about the inclusion of the SSE Jungle which seems like a very generic boring stage. I also don't like how Hyrule Castle and Saffron City had their obstacles removed (the tornadoes, and Pokemon specifically). I didn't like how Norfair was basically turned into another "platforms only" stage as well, with no lava obstacles at all. Skyloft is also a boring addition.

Personally, I want Mario Bros., Distant Planet, and Brinstar Depths back, but that's just me.

New Pork City and Hanenbow won't be missed though.

Overall, looking forward to seeing how the remaining six Brawl veterans (Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Olimar) turn out, as well as Roy (and inevitably Mewtwo).

Project M seems to fix the flaws that Brawl had and truly make it something that surpasses Melee (as opposed to something that is merely on par).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I also don't like how Hyrule Castle and Saffron City had their obstacles removed (the tornadoes, and Pokemon specifically).
There's technical reasons for that. It's apparently very hard to add hazards to stages.

As for the others, I actually really like that they were able to have a diverse stage list without resorting to a bunch of gimmicky stages like in Brawl. Now there's actually a good variety of both types of stages, at least IMO.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, Roy really looks more like his FE6 self in Project M. That model they made is just amazing really...

You won't get too many non-competitively viable stages in Project M though. If you plan to seriously follow the game, be prepared to learn some advanced techniques from Melee.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Here's a thought: If Roy came back, do you think he would be given his own theme music, and what would it be?

I'm personally hoping they manage to work this into it somehow.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Some points of criticism. The Castlevania stage REALLY, REALLY needs a set of Castlevania music for it (especially considering how much awesome Castlevania music there is).
You realize you can add it on your own, right Chrono? Plus, if M were to distribute it with the music, who knows WTH might pop up. They even removed Ballad of the Goddess for this very reason.

EDIT:

Here's a thought: If Roy came back, do you think he would be given his own theme music, and what would it be?

I like the theme P:M composed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

That recruit theme was awesome in FE6 yeah. It could work well in a remix of sorts. I like this theme to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c99M4VUEZAs
And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_eBxVPKPY
And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQ6obj0_S0 (Yahn, you needed more screentime my man)

Also, I hope Roy can get a sort of 'personal' stage with the last part of Castle Seige. The part within the lava cavern. Call it, Ostia Caverns or something? The place where you found Durandal. I always thought it was that place anyway. Or ever since I played FE12, it could also be Anri's Way, but IDC, IDGAF. :reverse:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For Roy's personal stage, they could base it on the first map of the game, with Eliwood's castle in the background, while the player fight on a grassy area in the front. There could be a few villages which can be destroyed by the players and they get an item. Bandits could act as stage hazards.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope Roy and Mewtwo are amazing. I'll spend a lot of time playing them if they are. They're my favorite low tiers in melee (maybe characters in general)

Mew2King maining Mewtwo in Project M is a thing I want to see. Badly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Project M may help with Roy support in regards to Smash 4. I think it will show that even if Roy is simply luigi-fied, he can still be a very fun addition and bring something to the cast.

They definitely helped make Roy seem like he actually fits in Brawl though.

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
As a Fire Emblem fan, it's hard to get interested in one of the weakest Lords in the series. Actually, he's the weakest Lord in Smash Bros, as well. I don't remember unlocking Roy the first time I played Melee, which may explain my apathy verging on dislike. I've unlocked him in the copy I got a couple months ago, but I still don't see it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Like I said, its interesting how Chrom fans go into the Roy thread to bash Roy, but Roy fans never go into the Chrom thread to bash Chrom.

I think though a lot of FE13 fans are just very immature (just look at how they act on GameFAQs and 4chan, they literally say stuff like "mai waifu" unironically).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^I agree. I think looking at characters from a strength-only perspective is a pretty terrible way of going about things for Smash, where canon power plays absolutely no role in how the character turns out. It's not like Roy being weak in FE means he'd always be condemned to be weak in Smash. Look at the Pokemon in Melee, I'm pretty sure canonically Mewtwo is stronger than Jigglypuff, but in Smash, it's the opposite.

I also don't see why people base their entire opinion on a character because of strength or lack thereof. What's wrong with liking a character that isn't the strongest? Clearly as the 2nd most popular character for Smash in Japan (well, at least he used to be - new results would be interesting) there are FE fans who like Roy despite him not being the strongest of the Lords.

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, its interesting how Chrom fans go into the Roy thread to bash Roy, but Roy fans never go into the Chrom thread to bash Chrom.

I think though a lot of FE13 fans are just very immature (just look at how they act on GameFAQs and 4chan, they literally say stuff like "mai waifu" unironically).

You're right. That was unacceptable of me.

However, GameFAQs has become a cesspool of irony, at least on the Smash Bros. boards. It's hard to tell, sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom