• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get around to using him much outside of Normal and Hard difficulties, and even then, I stopped using Roy after the first story arch.

How do you guys think Roy was stat wise in FE Awakening?
Overpowered as hell. Easy to recruit from a few chapters in, incredible growths due to being MU-based, same reclass options as your avatar, and can be replaced in classic by recruiting him again if he dies, even if it means starting from scratch. What truly makes him overpowered is his DLC artwork.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Overpowered as hell. Easy to recruit from a few chapters in, incredible growths due to being MU-based, same reclass options as your avatar, and can be replaced in classic by recruiting him again if he dies, even if it means starting from scratch. What truly makes him overpowered is his DLC artwork.
That really makes me have faith that in a hypothetical FE7+6 remake they will make Roy have proper stats and people will be forced to stop their hate for him. Would also be nice if they fleshed out his personality a bit more in the game.

That really makes me have faith that in a hypothetical FE7+6 remake they will make Roy have proper stats and people will be forced to stop their hate for him. Would also be nice if they fleshed out his personality a bit more in the game.
S-supports may be introduced in the next remake(s), fleshing out all of FE6's characters more.

With Roy having among the largest support rosters, in a tie for #1 spot, along with more than likely being given more characters to support with to match how many characters each character in Awakening could support with, that'd also be a flagship addition.

Guinevere, Lyndis, Sain, Kent, etc. who either weren't playable or not conceived design-wise until FE7 could be added in, easily adding to Roy's potential support roster.
EDIT: I just realized how conceived could easily mean, well, babies made, which would be weird heading into a prequel. Awakening opening countless cans of worms with time travel? Why not dig even further with an FE6 remake with NEWLY conceived characters!

Marth was given tons of new dialogue, especially with Heroes of Shadow and Light/New Mystery Emblem, which would add even more to Roy.

Even new concept art adds a ton to a character, just look at Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

If we're given sidequesting, postgame content, etc., Roy is more than likely to have dialogue added for those.

The scary part is, I may have forgotten or not even considered at least a few things that would add even more.

So much potential. Embarrass

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
S-supports may be introduced in the next remake(s), fleshing out all of FE6's characters more.

With Roy having among the largest support rosters, in a tie for #1 spot, along with more than likely being given more characters to support with to match how many characters each character in Awakening could support with, that'd also be a flagship addition.

Guinevere, Lyndis, Sain, Kent, etc. who either weren't playable or not conceived design-wise until FE7 could be added in, easily adding to Roy's potential support roster.
EDIT: I just realized how conceived could easily mean, well, babies made, which would be weird heading into a prequel. Awakening opening countless cans of worms with time travel? Why not dig even further with an FE6 remake with NEWLY conceived characters!

Marth was given tons of new dialogue, especially with Heroes of Shadow and Light/New Mystery Emblem, which would add even more to Roy.

Even new concept art adds a ton to a character, just look at Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

If we're given sidequesting, postgame content, etc., Roy is more than likely to have dialogue added for those.

The scary part is, I may have forgotten or not even considered at least a few things that would add even more.

So much potential. Embarrass
I personally don't want Awakening in that theorical game.

I personally don't want Awakening in that theorical game.
I'm personally not the biggest fan of Awakening, and I was joking on the time travel bit, but I will admit that some of its innovations could make a near-perfect game (FE6) into a perfect game (FE13) with its balance changes and additional content, but only if the traditional Elibe spirit and character is kept with any new additions.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
An FE6 remake should have a some characters from FE7, or at least explain where they are - especially Lyn, and don't get me started on Canas (killed while trying to stop a snowstorm, what even...)

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
An FE6 remake should have a some characters from FE7, or at least explain where they are - especially Lyn, and don't get me started on Canas (killed while trying to stop a snowstorm, what even...)

Isn't Canas killed off at the end of FE7 because he's canonically dead in FE6?

Shame, he's a great character and the dev team kind of wrote themselves into a corner with that one.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isn't Canas killed off at the end of FE7 because he's canonically dead in FE6?

Shame, he's a great character and the dev team kind of wrote themselves into a corner with that one.
Well, if they gave a proper explanation of his death, I wouldn't mind. He doesn't really deserve that awkwardly hilarious death. :p

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, if they gave a proper explanation of his death, I wouldn't mind. He doesn't really deserve that awkwardly hilarious death. :p

Yeah, it's kinda just shoehorned in there because they needed to kill him off somehow.

Even a bit of elaboration would go a long way.

Threedede

Smash Rookie
Kinda late with this, but my opinion on Roy in Awakening:
Why did the give him -1 in Strength? Why not +Skill -Defense? Giving him that -1 Strength bothered me the instant I found out, and it still bothers me.

With Canas, he could have easily been stuck in some remote corner of the world, taken care of by a small village, trying to live out his life and study what he can while waiting for someone to roll with to return to the outside world, but he's presumed dead or was seen "dying." There could be some way or another that he survives it, it's FE. Some units get dropped to 0 HP and manage to simply "retreat" or "get injured" and live, while others die the moment it happens. I don't generally like to undermine the impact of death in stories, but Canas is Canas, he easily deserves to return.

My first FE12 avatar was loosely based on Canas, because the monocle was the best face option, and purple was the best looking hair color, then I finally got the headband.

Plus we all know what really happened.

Last edited:
PICK MY SQUAD (PMS) FE6 EDITION!

My team will already look like this:

-Roy

-Marcus

-Eight open slots, available to any playable characters in the game.

How it works:

-The Facebook group, The Royvolution, gets to pick 4 characters.

-The Smashboards support thread, The Lycia Alliance, gets to pick 4 characters.

If any characters overlap, or if there’s any routes conflicting with each other, I’ll work out a solution and consult you guys if needed.

Each individual gets to vote for anywhere from 1 to 3 characters. If you use both Facebook and Smashboards, you can get away with influence on both sides, since I do want to encourage both sides to interact with each other more and boost each other’s activity and discussion.

If you vote for 1 character, they get 3 points.

If you vote for 2 characters, they each get 2 points. While this is the only 4 total between two other options that total 3, I figured I’d give more incentive to those who want to vote for two units since they don’t get as strong of a backing for one character, or as much diversity spread between three characters. Plus I don’t want to deal with decimals and a 1.5 system.

If you vote for 3 characters, they each get 1 point.

List of characters you can vote for:

http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/introduction/

*Anywhere from Allen on Page 1 to Karel on Page 6.
*I will bring Merlinus with me on chapters with more than 10 spots open, so he's out

Vote for your favorite characters.

Vote for troll picks that make the game much more difficult for me.

Vote for underrated characters you want to see used more by FE6 fans.

You guys have until 1 PM tomorrow, which is roughly 24 hours to vote. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, I plan to play through at least one chapter a day and make posts via screenshots. Some days, like Wednesdays and Saturdays, may not see progress posts since I’m out most of the day on those days, but I’ll still do my best to deliver on them and save progress in advance for those days. Not just in advance, in Gameboy Advance.

I will be playing unranked on Normal Mode. I may do a Hard Mode run in the future, with the same guidelines.

Cast your votes!

(Apologies in advance for double posting, I figured I'd shoot for it anyways since this has a time-based deadline)

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
All this talk of an FE6 remake... I'm hoping the direction it's taken in is similar to the HeartGold/SoulSilver ones, or even Super Mario 64 DS. It'll have much of the same content/story as the original, but have tons of extras, and wouldn't be afraid to change or retcon elements from the original game (when Roy is promoted, for instance). As much as I love modernized word-for-word tile-by-tile copy-pasted remakes, having one that remains largely faithful but mixes things up to benefit both the game and the player is something I could totally live with.

Troykv

Smash Master

-Roy

-Marcus

How it works:

If any characters overlap, or if there’s any routes conflicting with each other, I’ll work out a solution and consult you guys if needed.

Each individual gets to vote for anywhere from 1 to 3 characters. If you use both Facebook and Smashboards, you can get away with influence on both sides, since I do want to encourage both sides to interact with each other more and boost each other’s activity and discussion.

If you vote for 2 characters, they each get 2 points. While this is the only 4 total between two other options that total 3, I figured I’d give more incentive to those who want to vote for two units since they don’t get as strong of a backing for one character, or as much diversity spread between three characters. Plus I don’t want to deal with decimals and a 1.5 system.

*I will bring Merlinus with me on chapters with more than 10 spots open, so he's out

You guys have until 1 PM tomorrow, which is roughly 24 hours to vote. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, I plan to play through at least one chapter a day and make posts via screenshots. Some days, like Wednesdays and Saturdays, may not see progress posts since I’m out most of the day on those days, but I’ll still do my best to deliver on them and save progress in advance for those days. Not just in advance, in Gameboy Advance.

I will be playing unranked on Normal Mode. I may do a Hard Mode run in the future, with the same guidelines.

Cast your votes!

(Apologies in advance for double posting, I figured I'd shoot for it anyways since this has a time-based deadline)
I vote for Sophia (The Female Shaman Dark-Magic User from the Chap. 14), is my favorite character in the game... also... take care.

All this talk of an FE6 remake... I'm hoping the direction it's taken in is similar to the HeartGold/SoulSilver ones, or even Super Mario 64 DS. It'll have much of the same content/story as the original, but have tons of extras, and wouldn't be afraid to change or retcon elements from the original game (when Roy is promoted, for instance). As much as I love modernized word-for-word tile-by-tile copy-pasted remakes, having one that remains largely faithful but mixes things up to benefit both the game and the player is something I could totally live with.
Y'know, that's a really good point. As a Johto enthusiast, HG/SS handled the idea of a remake perfectly. It still felt like good ol' Johto and had some magic to it that FR/LG and OR/AS didn't have. I also collected all 150 stars in middle school in SM64DS, then lent it to a friend before he passed away. Never got it back.

I hope more remakes use those two games as examples of what a remake should be while branching on their ideas and into more of their own ideas.

If FE6 had a postgame as strong as, say, FE8 delivered via remake, I would cry endlessly. Also add in map-based multiplayer from FE11/12. I don't like the Link Arena as a stand-alone deal because it cripples mounted units, staves/Bolting/Eclipse, and Lalum/Elphin. The Link Arena would be perfect if it were alongside something that took advantage of maps and actual FE play.

Also

when she says she only dates buff guys

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

-Roy

-Marcus

How it works:

Cast your votes!

- Ogier

Who would be troll picks, btw?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

-Roy

-Marcus

How it works:

Cast your votes!

Lilina for sure!

- Ogier

Who would be troll picks, btw?
Merlinus (if I didn't remember to mention that part about Merlinus in a quick edit after posting that), maybe thieves since killing Murdock with Cath never gets old, the weaker prepromotes, maybe Karel, and that's about all I can think of. Maybe hard to raise units. I can't do anything as gold as making everyone Great Knights in FE8, and there aren't really units in FE6 like Meg that everyone pushes as bad who would be a true troll pick.

Marcus would possibly be the best example of one, but he's one of my favorite FE characters, and I can't imagine doing a run without him after my EHM FE7 Marcus solo and doing an FE8 Hard solo with Marcus placed entirely over Seth in several programs, both of which were streamed in 2013. I didn't want to miss out on him, and I wanted to even votes between two groups, so I grabbed him asap.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Make a Canadian account or one from the USA. You'll get an eShop like that. With the Canadian account you can use your credit card. With the American one you'll have to buy eShop cards online.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Make a Canadian account or one from the USA. You'll get an eShop like that. With the Canadian account you can use your credit card. With the American one you'll have to buy eShop cards online.
Alright, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the advice!

Troykv

Smash Master
Merlinus (if I didn't remember to mention that part about Merlinus in a quick edit after posting that), maybe thieves since killing Murdock with Cath never gets old, the weaker prepromotes, maybe Karel, and that's about all I can think of. Maybe hard to raise units. I can't do anything as gold as making everyone Great Knights in FE8, and there aren't really units in FE6 like Meg that everyone pushes as bad who would be a true troll pick.

Marcus would possibly be the best example of one, but he's one of my favorite FE characters, and I can't imagine doing a run without him after my EHM FE7 Marcus solo and doing an FE8 Hard solo with Marcus placed entirely over Seth in several programs, both of which were streamed in 2013. I didn't want to miss out on him, and I wanted to even votes between two groups, so I grabbed him asap.
I know some characters in FE6 that can be considered "troll picks"... but I like to use someone in special from those ones xD.

And... Marcus is actually very useful in the first part of the game, especially in Hard Mode... but he has caducity. xD

Wow... I'm a little surprised... I don't see someone saying that Sophia can be considered a "troll pick" xD

I know some characters in FE6 that can be considered "troll picks"... but I like to use someone in special from those ones xD.

And... Marcus is actually very useful in the first part of the game, especially in Hard Mode... but he has caducity. xD

Wow... I'm a little surprised... I don't see someone saying that Sophia can be considered a "troll pick" xD

Serenesforest forums, GameFAQs, and Inui call anything that isn't the top cut of the cast or anyone hard to raise unviable or a troll pick.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Roy makes 4th place in NinBuzz's "Community Choice: Best Fire Emblem Lords"!:
"Roy is really awesome and he just wants to help people because he's freaking awesome like that!"

HE JUST WANTS TO HELP PEOPLE GIVE THE KID A BREAK!!

But yeah, nice to see all this love for Roy as well.

royalblue

Smash Cadet

-Roy

-Marcus

How it works:

Cast your votes!

Ooh, sounds like fun. My vote goes to Lugh.

Roy makes 4th place in NinBuzz's "Community Choice: Best Fire Emblem Lords"!:
I love how many times he said some variation of, "Why isn't he in Smash Brothers again?"

Hopefully soon, my friend. Hopefully soon...

Troykv

Smash Master
Mmm ... I thought that as somewhat known (known does not necessarily mean that they are most popular and most beloved) are compared to other Lords, and I think I have more or less a list ...

Marth>Ike>Lucina/Chrom/Reflect>>>>>Roy>>>>>>Lyn>>>>Micaiah>Eliwood/Hector>>>>Eirika/Ephraim>>>>>>>>Sigurd/Seliph>>>>Leif>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celica>>>>Alm

What do you think?

The Actual Smash Character (Marth, Ike, Lucina, Reflect [and Chrom], and Roy)>>>>>> The Smash Assist Trophy (Lyn)>>>>> The Related with Smash Characters (Micaiah, Eliwood and Hector)>>>> The other International Game (Eirika and Ephraim) >>>>>> The Japan Only, Juggdral (Sigurd, Seliph and Leif)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Japan Only, Valenzia (Celica and Alm).

Awakening has popularity in it's own way... but still has its main characters in Smash :p

_____

Serenesforest forums, GameFAQs, and Inui call anything that isn't the top cut of the cast or anyone hard to raise unviable or a troll pick.
Well... actually she is a Low Tier Character

Last edited:
Remember, guys. A lot of us are antsy on E3 being a potential Royveal, and while I want him confirmed as soon as possible, remember that E3 is simply Plan A and not our last chance.

We still have:

-The Fire Emblem concert in July, with Sakurai’s “special announcement” I heard of. Roy was promoted at the front of official 25th anniversary artwork; keep that in mind if he’s not confirmed at E3.

-The Fighter Ballot doesn’t end until October 3rd. We still have four and a half months to gather as many votes as possible.

Who knows, if Roy isn’t confirmed or disconfirmed after that, we simply wait in the shadows until his next opportunity.

If he’s disconfirmed, I still really enjoy the other Fire Emblem characters and would enjoy whoever else becomes DLC, and I would try and come up with a way to disprove or fight that disconfirmation.

If DLC characters hurt Roy's chances, like say a fifth Fire Emblem fighter, we simply push for Roy as a sixth. If we get another swordsman, we simply push for yet another swordsman. We want Roy in, and lazy arguments or entitlement on reps shouldn’t get in our way, especially if things get worse. No matter what, the same people who truly argue against Roy would find something to be picky about no matter what the circumstances.

Also remember to keep pushing for support. There's always the possibility of any current sound files being scrapped in favor of other plans, which is why I'm still pushing really hard until we see Roy in HD.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The fact that the leaked sound files suggest he's being worked on is certainly a huge boon.

I think we're in a good position either way, even if he is not planned DLC - Sakurai said he hates cutting characters and seems intent on bringing back as many veterans as he can, and Roy is a very popular request in that sense.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I agree Mason. We can be sure about Roy being in Sm4sH when he's officially confirmed by Nintendo. Until then, everything is speculation (however legit it is doesn't matter). We should continue to support our boy until that happens.

"Nah Roy's not a Gary Stu. He's one of the most well-developed characters in the series, knows when he needs help, and he admits he's not the strongest at different points in the story. He still manages to surpass his predecessors (Eliwood, Lyndis, Hector) and even the original heroes of Elibe by allowing Idoun to successfully live in peace, being one of the only people who has been able to help dragonkind and mankind get along peacefully, while ending the war caused by Bern and helping those hit by the war rebuild afterwards. Through learning from the weaknesses of other people and himself, he manages to take on the world's largest nation and dragonkind itself via gathering support from smaller nations, and most importantly, learns from the whole experience and critically assesses it after. I didn't see that kind of zero-to-hero or human element in most other Fire Emblem lords or characters. Eliwood, Marth, Leif, Levin, and Path of Radiance Ike are a few examples of where I was fortunate enough to see it. Unfortunately, it was one of the many things Awakening was devoid of, and I hope for it to return to future titles.

A Gary Stu is the opposite. I find Ephraim to be much more of one, considering he recklessly charges at everything and gets away scot-free every time. He doesn't learn from his capture early in the story, and there's not much that makes him look at himself or the world critically, even after saving it with his sister."

Something that came out of a Facebook discussion when someone argued Roy < Ephraim.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071

-Roy

-Marcus

How it works:

Cast your votes!

Can't have Roy and not Lilina, my friend.

I'll throw in Dieck as well for my fellow merc bros. That guy was unhittable in my first run through of FE6.

2 for Lilina and 1 Dieck.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ya know, Ch.25 in FE7 is a real pain in the rear if you don't know what your doing. The snow + the influx of dragons + the mages with super OP range makes it a real headache. On top of that, this dude on the map OHKO'd Hector and costed me the entire chapter. Hector being a good unit my arse. :glare:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
We've had our tough moments in the past, but every time we managed to overcome them and keep supporting Roy. While everything is just speculation by this point, we're not giving up until the very end to see our boy in Smash 4.

All of you are great people, and I'm really glad to be a part of this group.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
"Nah Roy's not a Gary Stu. He's one of the most well-developed characters in the series, knows when he needs help, and he admits he's not the strongest at different points in the story. He still manages to surpass his predecessors (Eliwood, Lyndis, Hector) and even the original heroes of Elibe by allowing Idoun to successfully live in peace, being one of the only people who has been able to help dragonkind and mankind get along peacefully, while ending the war caused by Bern and helping those hit by the war rebuild afterwards. Through learning from the weaknesses of other people and himself, he manages to take on the world's largest nation and dragonkind itself via gathering support from smaller nations, and most importantly, learns from the whole experience and critically assesses it after. I didn't see that kind of zero-to-hero or human element in most other Fire Emblem lords or characters. Eliwood, Marth, Leif, Levin, and Path of Radiance Ike are a few examples of where I was fortunate enough to see it. Unfortunately, it was one of the many things Awakening was devoid of, and I hope for it to return to future titles.

A Gary Stu is the opposite. I find Ephraim to be much more of one, considering he recklessly charges at everything and gets away scot-free every time. He doesn't learn from his capture early in the story, and there's not much that makes him look at himself or the world critically, even after saving it with his sister."

Something that came out of a Facebook discussion when someone argued Roy < Ephraim.
While story-wise, Roy does have some ideal characteristics, and roflstomps over a lot of things at such a young age, I don't think he's a Gary Stu. In fact, I'd argue the only characters that come close would be the Avatars, but that's if we're going off the original definition (which would be a character that's a self-insert of the author who's basically "perfect" or whatever, the definition got twisted over the years).

With Kamui being a customizable Lord, I hope Kamui will be well-written (with how he/she is important to the plot, there's at least going to be something interesting).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom