• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
inb4 @ E3 we get FE6 remake, FE6 sequel, Roy being main protagonist + secret antagonist in SMT X FE, Nintendo renaming themselves to Roytendo, Super Roy Bros. and Legend of Lilina being biggest upcoming games and Melee Roy and Decloned Roy both separately revealed for Smash :p

royalblue

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen royalblue lately either, and it feels like someone else hasn't been on in a while, but I can't pinpoint who...
I'm still here, I just slipped back into lurker mode. I'll do that from time to time. But if anyone summons me I'll come runnin'.

I honestly didn't think anyone would notice I was gone.

So as far as stuff I want from E3, all I really want is to see Roy revealed. Those sound files were found less than a month ago but it feels like forever now and the wait until E3 has been killing me. After that, everything else would just be a bonus. I'm looking forward to possibly seeing more info on FE if and SMTxFE. (And for non-Nintendo I really want to see more of Persona 5).

But a reveal of a remake for FE 6 & 7 would be the most amazing thing! I'm still hoping with a Roy reveal we would finally see FE6 come to the west via the VC, but I doubt that anything in the game would change other than it being translated. A remake of the game would be even better because like @ Ura Ura said, they would pretty much have to fix Roy's stats and that would be a huge thing that detractors wouldn't be able to focus on anymore. I really hope to see both eventually, since I still love FE6 for the challenge and would want an official release of the original.

I bought an eShop gift card last night, holding out in faith for my boy :roypm:

Please don't disappoint us Sakurai...
Haha, I pretty much did the same thing about a year ago. I bought the card for my Peach collection, but I've never touched the money in the hopes that I could use it one day for Roy.

Troykv

Smash Master
Eh... For a Elibian Saga Remake they need to create a new interfaz or werever is called for certains "consistens things" like but details from the original game (like the magic triangule and new guy/gal or a old one for the Art Design).

royalblue

Smash Cadet
So here’s something I just found that made me smile:

I was looking around on Jun Fukuyama’s Japanese Wikipedia page and there is a brief overview of his career. It gave a few small highlights of his work and Roy was mentioned as one of them. The paragraph basically translates to this:

“In 2001, he [Jun] was appointed to the role of Roy in the Nintendo GameCube’s highest selling title ‘Super Smash Brothers DX.’ The character was also a hit, and was well-received by players outside of Japan. [1] After this he saw a sudden increase in work.”

[1] There was link listed here to give a source for Roy’s popularity outside of Japan (and I suppose Jun’s as well, since the link is titled “Overseas Edition of Roy with same VA”). It leads to Roy’s reveal video from Project M.

Sadly, on his English Wikipedia page, although most of the biography is directly translated there, the little paragraph about Roy is mysteriously absent. Do the detractors stalk Wikipedia too or something?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

I was looking around on Jun Fukuyama’s Japanese Wikipedia page and there is a brief overview of his career. It gave a few small highlights of his work and Roy was mentioned as one of them. The paragraph basically translates to this:

“In 2001, he [Jun] was appointed to the role of Roy in the Nintendo GameCube’s highest selling title ‘Super Smash Brothers DX.’ The character was also a hit, and was well-received by players outside of Japan. [1] After this he saw a sudden increase in work.”

[1] There was link listed here to give a source for Roy’s popularity outside of Japan (and I suppose Jun’s as well, since the link is titled “Overseas Edition of Roy with same VA”). It leads to Roy’s reveal video from Project M.

Sadly, on his English Wikipedia page, although most of the biography is directly translated there, the little paragraph about Roy is mysteriously absent. Do the detractors stalk Wikipedia too or something?
Maybe it was the bit about Roy was added recently and they just forgot to translate it in English.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ royalblue royalblue That's some neat info.

Too bad Jun Fukuyama doesn't have a twitter account, because then I'd spam tweets asking if he has any work for Smash 4. ;) I would like Roy to receive some new lines, but who knows

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

It's nice to see that Jun went from a nobody to one of the most recognised voice actors in Japan.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Maybe it was the bit about Roy was added recently and they just forgot to translate it in English.
It's possible, but I'm doubtful. Maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist, but if I had to guess I'd say that paragraph has been on the Japanese page for awhile.

@ royalblue royalblue That's some neat info.

Too bad Jun Fukuyama doesn't have a twitter account, because then I'd spam tweets asking if he has any work for Smash 4. ;) I would like Roy to receive some new lines, but who knows
I know! He doesn't seem to be very active in the way of social media. I've searched high and low and have only come across his blog...which hasn't been updated in about three months. ;-;

And even if he doesn't voice any new lines for Smash (though I think they would want to update his sound files a little) we'd likely see him in Codename: S.T.E.A.M. at the very least. And the FE Concert too, plz. That would make my life complete.

It's nice to see that Jun went from a nobody to one of the most recognised voice actors in Japan.
Yes! And I think the fact that Roy made the same journey from a nobody to such a popular character at the exact same time makes it even more special. Sakurai has quite an eye for talent and potential, I'll say that much.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
... he doesn't voice any new lines for Smash (though I think they would want to update his sound files a little) we'd likely see him in Codename: S.T.E.A.M. at the very least. And the FE Concert too, plz. That would make my life complete.
Marth lost his Japanese voice in Codename Steam, why wouldn't the same happen to Roy?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I know! He doesn't seem to be very active in the way of social media. I've searched high and low and have only come across his blog...which hasn't been updated in about three months. ;-;

And even if he doesn't voice any new lines for Smash (though I think they would want to update his sound files a little) we'd likely see him in Codename: S.T.E.A.M. at the very least. And the FE Concert too, plz. That would make my life complete.
His blog seems to have something where you can send a message, but when I click on it, I get redirected to some log in page. Dunno.

I know we've got some info or hints from English VAs in the past, not sure about Japanese. Might depend how strict the contract is.

Also, the supporter list is updated.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Marth lost his Japanese voice in Codename Steam, why wouldn't the same happen to Roy?
Ahaha, that would be me not paying enough attention to what I was writing. I'm planning on buying the Japanese version of Codename: S.T.E.A.M. if Roy gets in, so my mind is always defaulting to that.

His blog seems to have something where you can send a message, but when I click on it, I get redirected to some log in page. Dunno.

I know we've got some info or hints from English VAs in the past, not sure about Japanese. Might depend how strict the contract is.

Also, the supporter list is updated.
You have to have an account to send messages on Ameblo, so that's why you keep getting redirected to the login screen. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese are more strict about revealing information, so I'm not holding my breath on hearing anything before an official announcement. But I'm constantly stalking both Jun's and Hikaru Midorikawa's blogs, so if I see anything noteworthy I will pass on the info (as long as I can read it, haha).

I think Roy has incredible stats that don't need buffing unless the rest of the cast is buffed. It's his promotion time alone that cripples him and makes him one of the weakest lords. 325 in FE6 is fine and easily more than I could ask for on a lord, and my below average Roys would still be insanely good if they hit 20/20. If he promoted at Ch16 after becoming leader of the Etrurian Army, or if he could promote whenever, nobody would complain about his stats ever again, besides RNG screwage which happens to literally everyone in Elibe. Like I said, my below average Roys still would dumpster absolutely everything if they had access to more levels, and he can just as likely be RNG blessed, so I still wouldn't be worried. His growths should remain the same distance ahead of the pack if Elibe's outdated growth system is beefed up to Awakening or PoR/RD's level. Also, give the Sword of Seals infinite uses to match Ragnell and the Falchions, so people can maximize their use of Roy and truly realize how good he is. His worst growths are DEF and RES, where he has simply average DEF, and great RES among the best at the level of pegasus knights, mages, Lalum, prepromoted magic units, and shamans, with that area of RES only being topped by priests, clerics, Clarine, Elphin, and the high growth units, which are still a minority of the game's playable characters.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It would be a great swerve if Roy turns out to have better stats than the likes of Ike and is a OHKO machine. That way, all the haters would literally have to eat all their words and it would be the most wonderful thing to ever happen.

Also, I want Roy to have an English voice in Codename S.T.E.A.M (only in the Western version of the game). It would be really neat to see him speak English like how Marth speaks English in the game.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think Roy has incredible stats that don't need buffing unless the rest of the cast is buffed. It's his promotion time alone that cripples him and makes him one of the weakest lords. 325 in FE6 is fine and easily more than I could ask for on a lord, and my below average Roys would still be insanely good if they hit 20/20. If he promoted at Ch16 after becoming leader of the Etrurian Army, or if he could promote whenever, nobody would complain about his stats ever again, besides RNG screwage which happens to literally everyone in Elibe. Like I said, my below average Roys still would dumpster absolutely everything if they had access to more levels, and he can just as likely be RNG blessed, so I still wouldn't be worried. His growths should remain the same distance ahead of the pack if Elibe's outdated growth system is beefed up to Awakening or PoR/RD's level. Also, give the Sword of Seals infinite uses to match Ragnell and the Falchions, so people can maximize their use of Roy and truly realize how good he is. His worst growths are DEF and RES, where he has simply average DEF, and great RES among the best at the level of pegasus knights, mages, Lalum, prepromoted magic units, and shamans, with that area of RES only being topped by priests, clerics, Clarine, Elphin, and the high growth units, which are still a minority of the game's playable characters.

In the Magic Res Thing: And Sophia.

Troykv

Smash Master
Sophia is an Est, grouping her in the high-growth units I edited pre-reply.
Well maybe yes... maybe not... This game is a little awkward about Est...

Because her total Growth is 280... Better than most playable characters... but still are a lot the other characters with better total Growth than her.

Allen/Alan (The Red Cavalier): 290
Bors (The First Knight): 285
Cath: (The Female Thief): 335 [Special Cae]
Chad: (The First Thief): 365 [Special Case]
Dorothy (The Brown-Haired Archer): 290
Elphin (The Bard): 300 [Special Case]
Fa (The Divine Dragon in this game): 600 [Special Case]
Fir (The Female Swordsman): 290
Karel (The OP One-Level GROWTH Swordmaster): 910 [Special Case]
Lalum (The Dancer): 290 [Special Case]
Lance (The Green Knight): 285
Oujay (The Younger Mercenary): 290
Roy (OUR'S BOY): 325 [The Lord always have better total growth]/[Special Case]
Rutger (The Best Swordsmen ever): 290
Shanna (The First Peg Knight): 285
Wendy (The Female Knight): 290

Also she shares Total Growth with: Ellen, Gonzales and Sue...

In other case... Nino (the Official Est from Rekka no Ken) has 330 Total Growth... That is only surpassed by the following characters.

Hector (The Axe Lord): 335 [Special Case]
Lyn (The Other Sword Lord): 335 [Special Case]
Merlinus [That Guy]: 445 [Special Case]
Ninian & Nils [The Dancer & the Bard]: 345 [Special Case]

*Special Case = These are characters that has very special characteristics that separate them from normal characters.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So, we have talked several times about Roy gaining a fire projectile, but how do you imagine the fire would travel? What arc do you imagine it taking? I see it like Wii Fit's soccer ball or Robin's Arcfire.

Speaking of which, why doesn't Arcfire travel like it does in FEA?

So, we have talked several times about Roy gaining a fire projectile, but how do you imagine the fire would travel? What arc do you imagine it taking? I see it like Wii Fit's soccer ball or Robin's Arcfire.

A few things that came to mind:

-Din's Fire to mimic how the flame appears out of nowhere in FE6
-A horizontal flame pillar that doesn't have much vertical height and is centered to Roy's body.
Think of it like this:
Roy: |
Pillar: ---->
Demonstration: | ---->
-A short-ranged wall of flame, like Palutena's reflect but possibly with a teeny bit less range.
-A small ember launched, anywhere from 2 (left/right) to 6 (left/right and low/mid/high) to 8 directions (adding up/down to that), that explodes into a much larger flame if it hits something.
-A fireball similar to one of Bowser's custom specials.

I'm not that creative, so I know there's a lot more that can be done.

Most importantly, I hope it looks like this:

(Ashens is cracking me up atm, I need an excuse to post his work, and there's a few projectiles in these games... though they work even less than Bowser Jr.'s. #shots)

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I can imagine it being similar to Palutena's Autoreticle attack. Except it'll be quicker and have one blast that acts similar to Arcfire in the way it holds people in place. And you wouldn't see it coming. ;)

EDIT: Maybe even an Explosive Flame-esque attack could work.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

Here are some that I have in mind:

-A chargeable projectile that you can store and use later, similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, Samus's Charge Shot, etc.

-A slow but big projectile like his Brawl Minus forward tilt.

-A fire pillar that could cover the front of Roy, or something like PK Fire.

- A fire blast that you can aim in all 8 directions like Mega Man's Metal Blade.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion

I never pictured it going at an arc, but always staying in a straight line... kind of like if you couldn't angle Zelda's forward-B.

I don't know the specifics, but I always pictured the grounded version of it being like C. Viper's "Seismic Hammer" from Street Fighter (she hits the ground and creates a shockwave that erupts at a certain distance):

I had a thought earlier that related to an old topic.

Remember when I was worried about potential crowd reactions and such? Does anyone know if Nintendo will do an E3 Direct or full presentation this year? I like that laid-back deal they did last year. From the perspective of someone who watched a lot of Sony/Microsoft's stuff, along with E3's Nintendo Direct, the Direct felt a lot more trimmed to the important and hypeworthy stuff, was overall much higher quality, and was a blast to watch the whole time. The others were simply background noise and occasional staring at the screen for something, and it was easy to close the presentation tab and not really notice. If I closed the Direct, I would have panicked and clicked "Restore Tab" immediately. I liked how they didn't worry about pleasing a large crowd, if I remember it all correctly. Hopefully I'm not going crazier crazy.

I don't really know anything about E3 atm and I figured I'd prepare in advance for it.

Even if I was at work, I'm sure my phone would receive messages from 30-40 people, and then 200-300 more from those same people if Roy was confirmed. No joke. I need to stock up on minutes before E3 and try to get work off for Nintendo's stuff.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yeah, I really hope Nintendo does another Direct-esque E3 presentation. I think they even did it the year SSB4 was announced, too. So easy to follow along, and the hypest moments are spaced out nicely.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I had a thought earlier that related to an old topic.

Remember when I was worried about potential crowd reactions and such? Does anyone know if Nintendo will do an E3 Direct or full presentation this year? I like that laid-back deal they did last year. From the perspective of someone who watched a lot of Sony/Microsoft's stuff, along with E3's Nintendo Direct, the Direct felt a lot more trimmed to the important and hypeworthy stuff, was overall much higher quality, and was a blast to watch the whole time. The others were simply background noise and occasional staring at the screen for something, and it was easy to close the presentation tab and not really notice. If I closed the Direct, I would have panicked and clicked "Restore Tab" immediately. I liked how they didn't worry about pleasing a large crowd, if I remember it all correctly. Hopefully I'm not going crazier crazy.

I don't really know anything about E3 atm and I figured I'd prepare in advance for it.

Even if I was at work, I'm sure my phone would receive messages from 30-40 people, and then 200-300 more from those same people if Roy was confirmed. No joke. I need to stock up on minutes before E3 and try to get work off for Nintendo's stuff.
I really liked the Direct way they did it the last 2 years personally. It's much more straightforward and is all about showing the best stuff. They were really hype, and I hope they continue doing it this way.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's E3 presentations are going to be basically the only thing I'm watching this year, so I hope they keep the hype up with a Direct there. I just hope some other news on Minecraft: Story Mode is announced though lmao

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
everyone wants a fire projectile to replace Double Edge Dance and im just sitting here like "but i love DED" i honestly love his original moveset except by when i say that i mean his amazing PM moveset. also noticed im one of the very few people who like the Black Roy costume at least i think so. is that the one my Profile pic is of?

Not exactly Roylated, but I found this today:

If I recall correctly, at least a few people here love Mystery Dungeon, and I keep up with Kamex and GlitchxCity's uploads almost religiously. If I kept up with them religiously, I would have found this yesterday instead of today. :laugh:
This remix was so good that I had to physically bookmark it.

Also, some Wario from BotanicSage. Has mature language/themes:

Also physically bookmarked.

If we can get Mystery Dungeon and Wario remixes of all things, some FE6 wouldn't be out of the question. R-right, guys?!

At least it's one of the very few games out there with both its own in-game soundtrack, and a separate orchestrated soundtrack, both official.

everyone wants a fire projectile to replace Double Edge Dance and im just sitting here like "but i love DED" i honestly love his original moveset except by when i say that i mean his amazing PM moveset. also noticed im one of the very few people who like the Black Roy costume at least i think so. is that the one my Profile pic is of?
Nah, I really like the one in your profile picture. When people say the black one, they mean the one next to it here:

My problem with his black alt is that it isn't black, white, and gold like Marth's. Black and white can look really good, but it can also look really dull, and Roy has demonstrated that.

Below is from the 20XX pack, which our very own @ Steelia Steelia has some work as part of it at http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...re-alt-stages-costumes-new-debug-menu.351221/

Ah, much better.

Here's an example of mostly plain black and white done much better:

I know I'm talking weapons, but it doesn't work on Roy's armor. I swear I've seen it done better on armor before.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

If I recall correctly, at least a few people here love Mystery Dungeon, and I keep up with Kamex and GlitchxCity's uploads almost religiously. If I kept up with them religiously, I would have found this yesterday instead of today. :laugh:
I can't express in words how much I love those games. The English language only goes so far. Thank you for finding this, I don't check back at GlitchxCity's or Kamex's channels too often.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman

Also, some Wario from BotanicSage. Has mature language/themes:

Also physically bookmarked.

If we can get Mystery Dungeon and Wario remixes of all things, some FE6 wouldn't be out of the question. R-right, guys?!

At least it's one of the very few games out there with both its own in-game soundtrack, and a separate orchestrated soundtrack, both official.

Nah, I really like the one in your profile picture. When people say the black one, they mean the one next to it here:

My problem with his black alt is that it isn't black, white, and gold like Marth's. Black and white can look really good, but it can also look really dull, and Roy has demonstrated that.

Below is from the 20XX pack, which our very own @ Steelia Steelia has some work as part of it at http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...re-alt-stages-costumes-new-debug-menu.351221/

Ah, much better.

Here's an example of mostly plain black and white done much better:

I know I'm talking weapons, but it doesn't work on Roy's armor. I swear I've seen it done better on armor before.
So I am going to assume that the EMP on Marth's Cape was due to the time M2K spent with EMP and how he plays as Marth? Sorta sad he isn't still with EMP and all of that work went into Marth's cape.

So I am going to assume that the EMP on Marth's Cape was due to the time M2K spent with EMP and how he plays as Marth? Sorta sad he isn't still with EMP and all of that work went into Marth's cape.
Indeed, I may edit out the EMP stuff one of these days.

You know you got #EXPOSED when your situation with M2K makes the front page of Smashboards.

oh so everyone hates the ugly green and black one. i dont like that one either.
Now I'm noticing the green myself... Dear god, why, PM dev team.

I can't express in words how much I love those games. The English language only goes so far. Thank you for finding this, I don't check back at GlitchxCity's or Kamex's channels too often.
It helps when I'm subbed to lots of good channels, including an irreplaceable handful of music channels, one of which was hit with copyright claims before I remembered to grab a really, really good Super Mario World hip hop deal. I check my subscriptions pretty much every day so I have something to do, and so that I don't miss them.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, I may edit out the EMP stuff one of these days.

You know you got #EXPOSED when your situation with M2K makes the front page of Smashboards.
You could just change the logo on the back to one of MVG instead of EMP. I doubt M2K will be leaving MVG.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How do you guys think Roy was stat wise in FE Awakening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom