• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Serenesforest forums, GameFAQs, and Inui call anything that isn't the top cut of the cast or anyone hard to raise unviable or a troll pick.
Also, I want to give extra information: 3 Points to Sophia

And yeah... not only be considered "unviable" for don't be a Top Tier, she actually a Low Tier... But I think you will don't have problems :3

_____

Mmm ... I thought that as somewhat known (known does not necessarily mean that they are most popular and most beloved) are compared to other Lords, and I think I have more or less a list ...

Marth>Ike>Lucina/Chrom/Reflect>>>>>Roy>>>>>>Lyn>>>>Micaiah>Eliwood/Hector>>>>Eirika/Ephraim>>>>>>>>Sigurd/Seliph>>>>Leif>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celica>>>>Alm

What do you think?

The Actual Smash Character (Marth, Ike, Lucina, Reflect [and Chrom], and Roy)>>>>>> The Smash Assist Trophy (Lyn)>>>>> The Related with Smash Characters (Micaiah, Eliwood and Hector)>>>> The other International Game (Eirika and Ephraim) >>>>>> The Japan Only, Juggdral (Sigurd, Seliph and Leif)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Japan Only, Valenzia (Celica and Alm).

Awakening has popularity in it's own way... but still has its main characters in Smash :p

_____

Well... actually she is a Low Tier Character
Well I was expecting some comment xDU

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Not really related well kinda. I've been thinking about dropping smash. At least for a while. I don't play smash 4 like ever and I'm waiting for Lucas to drop and then Roy but even in Melee and PM I just stopped enjoying it. The Smash Scene here has been really toxic to me and I dont know why they still treat me like I'm a troll or whatever they call me nowadays. Honestly for a while this thread has kept me going. You all are great and make me proud to call myself a Roy main which sometimes I don't play Roy the entire time but he is still mah boi. I want to say thank you to all of you guys who are in the thread actively or not. Especially to @ Croph Croph and @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 for talking to me through a tough time. I hope to be of more help here at some point. I feel like I don't contribute enough.

Not really related well kinda. I've been thinking about dropping smash. At least for a while. I don't play smash 4 like ever and I'm waiting for Lucas to drop and then Roy but even in Melee and PM I just stopped enjoying it. The Smash Scene here has been really toxic to me and I dont know why they still treat me like I'm a troll or whatever they call me nowadays. Honestly for a while this thread has kept me going. You all are great and make me proud to call myself a Roy main which sometimes I don't play Roy the entire time but he is still mah boi. I want to say thank you to all of you guys who are in the thread actively or not. Especially to @ Croph Croph and @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 for talking to me through a tough time. I hope to be of more help here at some point. I feel like I don't contribute enough.
Bunk with me and play Melee/PM 24/7. We don't have any toxic players in Chaffee County. Then again we have like three players.

I know what that's like. I'm not fond of 98% of the Denver scene in Colorado, but the Springs scene is overall a lot nicer and I want to go to all of their tournaments and meet every new player they get. Don't let one or two groups reflect the whole community for you. I've been a bit hesistant to use the Colorado Smash group lately, some guy recently really got on my case when I did nothing bad and threw autistic around freely as an insult which led to me blocking him and getting an ill feeling in my gut whenever I think of visiting the group. I don't want someone else who has autism to see that kind of stuff, life already throws more than enough junk at people who have autism. The behavior's mainly the players who go to 0% of our events and know that they would get floored immediately with their behavior if they went to any events, but besides that, a lot of the Denver players act less than desirable. I'm not really respected in the Colorado online group besides via my main boyz when I'm trying my best to just be a normal player and person. Springs Scene always reminds me why I still play my heart out every time I play, and they actually bothered to go to our small town event when we tried to run one in bad weather with a huge group.

Forget them, find a better scene, and stick to netplay and friends for now. Don't let them ruin Melee/PM for you since you used to really enjoy them. Take the break you need and try to forget whatever scene you were in, it's for the best.

With Sm4sh, I've finally been getting over my identity crisis with mains and how seriously I take the game by just not worrying. Since then, it's been easy to play as whoever I feel like, gravitating towards the FE squad, more random button friendlies, and sometimes Wario/Charizard for fun because of the random button making me like them more. I play Mega Man more now since I remembered my demo and release goal of innovating Mega Man as much as I can even if I never intend to main him or use him in bracket. I consider my mains Marth/Ike/Robin now instead of just going solo or dual Marth or Ike for periods of time. I've learned much more about them in a week with true combos, movement, smart aggression, new mixups, new recoveries, etc. on each individual character even though I thought I'd be learning less with things more spread thin. I've learned more in the last week alone, compared to, say, how a previous month would go, and that's while I'm not really thinking of tournaments and just back on my old instinct of focusing on pure fun and watching informative videos in the background. I'll be ready in the future once I feel like traveling and entering again. I'm so busy with Roy support and just enjoying or getting through my days otherwise that I haven't been thinking event to event like I used to. I also consider it easier to just have pure fun with the game despite not having my favorite character and despite the technical potential not being nearly as much as 64/Melee where I enjoy really intricate techniques like perfect waveland from the ledge with Roy in Melee, and Z-cancelling DJC strings with Ness and doing Fox stuff with Fox in 64. WiFi goes a long way, especially when I get to play people like @ Croph Croph and @IceColdSoda.

I rambled on, but I felt like it'd be helpful, and add more discussion to the fire. I'd like to see these pages fly by more often. I enjoy the discussion, watching what others say, adding to it, gaining and spreading new ideas, knowing you guys more, and seeing this thread bumped and given more replies to help it catch up to the titans,

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So FE: If will now include a mode that will revive your units after being fallen for one turn. Also no more weapon durability.

Playing FE6 has never felt so weird until now.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I really never cared about weapon durability ... So don't give a cent about it .
But that Phoenix Mode ... did the ennemy respawn to ? Because if it will , it's will be amazing !

PICK MY SQUAD (PMS) FE6 EDITION!

My team will already look like this:

-Roy

-Marcus

-Eight open slots, available to any playable characters in the game.

How it works:

-The Facebook group, The Royvolution, gets to pick 4 characters.

-The Smashboards support thread, The Lycia Alliance, gets to pick 4 characters.

If any characters overlap, or if there’s any routes conflicting with each other, I’ll work out a solution and consult you guys if needed.

Each individual gets to vote for anywhere from 1 to 3 characters. If you use both Facebook and Smashboards, you can get away with influence on both sides, since I do want to encourage both sides to interact with each other more and boost each other’s activity and discussion.

If you vote for 1 character, they get 3 points.

If you vote for 2 characters, they each get 2 points. While this is the only 4 total between two other options that total 3, I figured I’d give more incentive to those who want to vote for two units since they don’t get as strong of a backing for one character, or as much diversity spread between three characters. Plus I don’t want to deal with decimals and a 1.5 system.

If you vote for 3 characters, they each get 1 point.

List of characters you can vote for:

http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/introduction/

*Anywhere from Allen on Page 1 to Karel on Page 6.
*I will bring Merlinus with me on chapters with more than 10 spots open, so he's out

Vote for your favorite characters.

Vote for troll picks that make the game much more difficult for me.

Vote for underrated characters you want to see used more by FE6 fans.

You guys have until 1 PM tomorrow, which is roughly 24 hours to vote. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, I plan to play through at least one chapter a day and make posts via screenshots. Some days, like Wednesdays and Saturdays, may not see progress posts since I’m out most of the day on those days, but I’ll still do my best to deliver on them and save progress in advance for those days. Not just in advance, in Gameboy Advance.

I will be playing unranked on Normal Mode. I may do a Hard Mode run in the future, with the same guidelines.

Cast your votes!

(Apologies in advance for double posting, I figured I'd shoot for it anyways since this has a time-based deadline)
Guys, remember to vote for characters for me to use in FE6 via this quoted post if you haven't already. I'll extend it a few hours, to 3 my time, which is roughly three more hours.

I'll call it Roy's Road to E3. :grin:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Bunk with me and play Melee/PM 24/7. We don't have any toxic players in Chaffee County. Then again we have like three players.

I know what that's like. I'm not fond of 98% of the Denver scene in Colorado, but the Springs scene is overall a lot nicer and I want to go to all of their tournaments and meet every new player they get. Don't let one or two groups reflect the whole community for you. I've been a bit hesistant to use the Colorado Smash group lately, some guy recently really got on my case when I did nothing bad and threw autistic around freely as an insult which led to me blocking him and getting an ill feeling in my gut whenever I think of visiting the group. I don't want someone else who has autism to see that kind of stuff, life already throws more than enough junk at people who have autism. The behavior's mainly the players who go to 0% of our events and know that they would get floored immediately with their behavior if they went to any events, but besides that, a lot of the Denver players act less than desirable. I'm not really respected in the Colorado online group besides via my main boyz when I'm trying my best to just be a normal player and person. Springs Scene always reminds me why I still play my heart out every time I play, and they actually bothered to go to our small town event when we tried to run one in bad weather with a huge group.

Forget them, find a better scene, and stick to netplay and friends for now. Don't let them ruin Melee/PM for you since you used to really enjoy them. Take the break you need and try to forget whatever scene you were in, it's for the best.

With Sm4sh, I've finally been getting over my identity crisis with mains and how seriously I take the game by just not worrying. Since then, it's been easy to play as whoever I feel like, gravitating towards the FE squad, more random button friendlies, and sometimes Wario/Charizard for fun because of the random button making me like them more. I play Mega Man more now since I remembered my demo and release goal of innovating Mega Man as much as I can even if I never intend to main him or use him in bracket. I consider my mains Marth/Ike/Robin now instead of just going solo or dual Marth or Ike for periods of time. I've learned much more about them in a week with true combos, movement, smart aggression, new mixups, new recoveries, etc. on each individual character even though I thought I'd be learning less with things more spread thin. I've learned more in the last week alone, compared to, say, how a previous month would go, and that's while I'm not really thinking of tournaments and just back on my old instinct of focusing on pure fun and watching informative videos in the background. I'll be ready in the future once I feel like traveling and entering again. I'm so busy with Roy support and just enjoying or getting through my days otherwise that I haven't been thinking event to event like I used to. I also consider it easier to just have pure fun with the game despite not having my favorite character and despite the technical potential not being nearly as much as 64/Melee where I enjoy really intricate techniques like perfect waveland from the ledge with Roy in Melee, and Z-cancelling DJC strings with Ness and doing Fox stuff with Fox in 64. WiFi goes a long way, especially when I get to play people like @ Croph Croph and @IceColdSoda.

I rambled on, but I felt like it'd be helpful, and add more discussion to the fire. I'd like to see these pages fly by more often. I enjoy the discussion, watching what others say, adding to it, gaining and spreading new ideas, knowing you guys more, and seeing this thread bumped and given more replies to help it catch up to the titans,
If only i could bunk with you lol. Well I mainly Netplay with my friend from back home in Oregon but if anyone else has netplay i would be down to play witht hem. I have been thinking about streaming some of my Roy practice since i have been told by the community i am one of the very few good dedicated Roy mains ( actually i am the only dedicated Roy main in Melee/PM so sad) I also wouldnt mind skyping some of you guys and screensharing it too and getting to know you guys at the same time. I would love to have more friends than i already have (which is very little). I wouldnt even mind if you guys would talk to me and recommended games to me/ even helped me understand more about FE since i dont know much about it( i did play awakening if you want to call it playing. all i did was buy Ike and King Marth streetpass and rush the game that way).

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Not going to lie - the Phoneix mode sounds dumb. But it'll be nice for some new fans of the series. Plus, I can just turn it off and play my Lunatic+ Nohr file that will inevitably be made. The only thing that's irking me is the item durability. You can't turn that off. But it's not like it'll take away from my overall enjoyment of the game. FE: IF is shaping up to be a pretty good game so far, with the opposite sides and choice actually mattering. Can't wait to play it!

Infinite weapon uses? Two paths? A new, easier difficulty option? Some other new stuff that's really out there and new? I'm sure we can still get a great Fire Emblem experience out of it.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I don't really mind Phoenix mode myself. It's there for the people who are new to the series, and meanwhile the long time fans can just keep playing the old school style.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I don't really mind Phoenix mode myself. It's there for the people who are new to the series, and meanwhile the long time fans can just keep playing the old school style.
I probably am not too fond of it because I found myself being able to power through Casual with a couple of units paired up in Awakening, and being revived after one turn is a little much IMO. But hey, like I said, it'll be good for new fans.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At least they kept it along with Casual mode. God knows what would have happened if it replaced Casual instead.

:231:

Results on vote points are in!

===
Smashboards:
===

Top:
-Lilina(5)

High:
-Sophia(3)
-Oujay(3)
-Lugh(3)

Middle:
-Percival(2)
-Zealot(2)

Low:
-Dieck(1)

Units I will use: Lilina, Sophia, Oujay, Percival

===
Facebook:
===

Top:
-Dieck(8)
-Rutger(7)

High:
-Lugh(5)
-Thany(4)

Middle:
-Bartre(3)
-Lilina(3)
-Gonzales(3)
-Oujay(3)
-Merlinus(3) (I'll deploy him a ton)

Lower-Middle:
-Lot(2)
-Saul(2)

Low:
-Ray(1)
-Hugh(1)
-Fir(1)
-Clarine(1)

Units I will use: Dieck, Lugh, Rutger, Thany

Final Party:

-Roy (Chapter 1)
-Marcus (Chapter 1)
-Dieck (Chapter 2)
-Thany (Chapter 2)
-Lugh (Chapter 3)
-Rutger (Chapter 4)
-Lilina (Chapter 8)
-Oujay (Chapter 8)
-Percival (Chapter 13/15)
-Sophia (Chapter 14)

I did some picking between evens for the purpose of avoiding the absolute need for certain routes, also to make the game easier to guarantee a finish by E3.

I will start my run tonight.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wow Oujay sticks out like a sore thumb, though I wanted to see someone... less popular I guess?

HE'S JUST A SCRAWNY NEWB MERCENARY THAT WANTS TO MAKE MONEY FOR HIS POOR FAMILY!!

Honestly, you don't have to post like 10 times a day. Even posting here or wherever once in a while is enough contribution because it sparks conversation and it also shows that people like and care about Roy. Posters here see this, but outsiders as well, which is a great thing

Ream gave some good advice before. It sucks to meet toxic people. Almost all video game communities have people with crappy attitudes like that. Some are just more worse than others. I play LoL a lot, so I do have some unfortunate experience with that. I hope you could find a Smash community near you that's a lot more nicer.

Troykv

Smash Master

===
Smashboards:
===

Top:
-Lilina(5)

High:
-Sophia(3)
-Oujay(3)
-Lugh(3)

Middle:
-Percival(2)
-Zealot(2)

Low:
-Dieck(1)

===
Facebook:
===

Top:
-Dieck(8)
-Rutger(7)

High:
-Lugh(5)
-Thany(4)

Middle:
-Bartre(3)
-Lilina(3)
-Gonzales(3)
-Oujay(3)

Lower-Middle:
-Lot(2)
-Saul(2)

Low:
-Ray(1)
-Hugh(1)
-Fir(1)
-Clarine(1)

Final Party:

-Roy (Chapter 1)
-Marcus (Chapter 1)
-Dieck (Chapter 2)
-Thany (Chapter 2)
-Lugh (Chapter 3)
-Rutger (Chapter 4)
-Lilina (Chapter 8)
-Oujay (Chapter 8)
-Sophia (Chapter 14)

I did some picking between evens for the purpose of avoiding the absolute need for certain routes, also to make the game easier to guarantee a finish by E3.

Good Luck you... What name you like? xD

===
Smashboards:
===

Top:
-Lilina(5)

High:
-Sophia(3)
-Oujay(3)
-Lugh(3)

Middle:
-Percival(2)
-Zealot(2)

Low:
-Dieck(1)

===
Facebook:
===

Top:
-Dieck(8)
-Rutger(7)

High:
-Lugh(5)
-Thany(4)

Middle:
-Bartre(3)
-Lilina(3)
-Gonzales(3)
-Oujay(3)

Lower-Middle:
-Lot(2)
-Saul(2)

Low:
-Ray(1)
-Hugh(1)
-Fir(1)
-Clarine(1)

Final Party:

-Roy (Chapter 1)
-Marcus (Chapter 1)
-Dieck (Chapter 2)
-Thany (Chapter 2)
-Lugh (Chapter 3)
-Rutger (Chapter 4)
-Lilina (Chapter 8)
-Oujay (Chapter 8)
-Sophia (Chapter 14)

I havent olayed a lot of fe but im pretty damn sure bottom left is roronoa zoro. . .

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Does anyone know how to beat Ch.27 in FE7? (Cog of Destiny). I'm about to pull my hair at the absurdity of this chapter.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to beat Ch.27 in FE7? (Cog of Destiny). I'm about to pull my hair at the absurdity of this chapter.
I was actually about to make a joke about that chapter in my FE6 chapter 1 post. Psychic.

Keep Eliwood and an axe user who needs levels at the bottom-right forest tiles to recruit Vaida and kill the wyverns, have Vaida rescue Eliwood and fly away from combat after that while your axe user eats them for EXP, send a few weaker units up the top right, send a few stronger units to the left, and send your absolute strongest units through the middle.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Imma try leaving Hector with Eliwood at the bottom right of the map. Hopefully, Hector doesn't die like a dumb*** like he always does.

FE6 ROAD TO E3 DAY 1 - CHAPTER 1:

I will stick to imgur links for now, until the rate of content narrows. After that, I'll throw the full images around here.

http://i.imgur.com/vYDsMdj.png

Here’s where Roy and some of our other heroes hail from.

http://i.imgur.com/dW3VPbp.png

The main villain of our story is the continent of Bern, with King Zephiel and his generals. We’ll get into them later.

http://i.imgur.com/fl8XxbA.png

OH NO. Again, where Roy hails from. You can see where this is going.

http://i.imgur.com/cbVP6P6.png

The plot thickens.

http://i.imgur.com/8BcitZM.png

Which brings us to our first chapter.

http://i.imgur.com/S816zGa.png

But Eliwood can beast through everything in FE7, so it must be one hell of an illness.

http://i.imgur.com/xZfiDcq.png

Forget Bern, these are the main main villains of our story.

http://i.imgur.com/QNKULG5.png

Yep, they truly are the main villains, that whole map bit on Bern was a waste.

http://i.imgur.com/Cl4uJLf.png

Remember that name, it will play a key role until the very end of the story with these main villains.

http://i.imgur.com/cF2BMKq.png

Is it just not legal in your state? Like how weed is only legal in Colorado and Washington? I don’t think you’d teach them a lesson, Eliwood. I think you’d completely and utterly destroy them.

http://i.imgur.com/K3o8kSh.png

Please, Lilina. I need your jointime, that’s for sure considering your starting level and base stats are terrible for when you come in seven chapters from now.

http://i.imgur.com/TQzY8IJ.png

Eliwood addresses one of his most powerful knights. He’s about to unleash Merlinus on the bandits!

http://i.imgur.com/PPz081o.png

Cue the heroes! Here’s where Roy and his group come in.

http://i.imgur.com/vPuRznS.png

He lasted through several forevers, via Cog of Destiny and Victory or Death, pretty sure he can handle a few more forevers. @ Ura Ura , this is what I meant earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/b3v2meP.png

Here we start our adventure.

http://i.imgur.com/iDGH5Df.png

And here we bench the units not chosen for our adventure. Maybe next time. Pick My Squad (PMS)’s units come in later, while its staples, Roy and Marcus, handle it until then.

http://i.imgur.com/Cnf0v88.png

A bunch of axemen. Easy prey for Roy and the sword’s advantage over axes.

http://i.imgur.com/ZfensJF.png

Meanwhile, Marcus scoots right up next to Roy to give him a few support points, while slipping through to the village.

http://i.imgur.com/hfliwk2.png

Most of Roy’s fights versus axe users will look like this, and even more will look like it later on due to his high evasive stats.

http://i.imgur.com/nMiJqZx.png

See what I mean? Roy’s the man, handling those guys just fine. Time for turn 2.

http://i.imgur.com/XQpudwS.png

Marcus slips into the village while Roy continues to handle the bandits.

http://i.imgur.com/In4qn97.png

A whole 5000. I’ve always wanted one of those. Be sure to visit all villages possible, as they will reward you with valuable items.

http://i.imgur.com/Wz6G4Hs.png

Houses are entirely negligible, as they reward nothing but dialogue, but visit them if you enjoy that extra dialogue. I’m sending Roy here because houses give a +10 to evasion, while regular tiles, one of which Roy was on previously, give no defensive boosts. Forests, forts, and mountains are also really good, but they (along with houses) do not give flying units defensive stat boosts.

http://i.imgur.com/ivj8NKW.png

The famed money man himself, he has quite a bit going for him in fanmade romhacks. After all, money is indeed important.

http://i.imgur.com/A10c8Sl.png

And that evasion bonus was useless here. Ah, the lad will be fine. His small, teenage figure can easily take at least two more skull-crushing blows with the entire weight of an axe and a beefy man. He’ll be fine with whatever’s in a vulnerary, but we won’t need those here.

http://i.imgur.com/GzQCd3X.png

Marcus rushes ahead to destroy hopes and dreams, and protects Roy from the much higher accuracy of the archer compared to the bandits. While it’s generally bad to use Marcus as a crutch, he’s going to be a part of the main team, and I’m going to beef him up and give him a few S ranks in weapons throughout the story.

http://i.imgur.com/4lMZzfN.png

Everything is under control so far.

http://i.imgur.com/54on84O.png

Roy’s first level after murderizing a few bandits. Those are three of his highest growths, and while we want HP/STR/SPD/DEF for the most part, Roy still has really good growths in those, so I’m not worried. Also, 3 growth level ups are good in FE6, so I’ll take them regardless of which stats they are.

http://i.imgur.com/NIVbEjO.png

Despite that one stray hit, Roy dodges his way through the rest. Roy will be fine down here. The bandits can’t really do anything to him unless I get hit with really low, near-impossible odds. Which is everyday stuff in Fire Emblem.

http://i.imgur.com/CoCrZzI.png

Onward, Marcus! End their boring, mug-less, generic enemy unit lives!

http://i.imgur.com/gnjmAYn.png

There is no weapon triangle. There is only the Marcus triangle, which is Marcus > all of his foes < Marcus.

http://i.imgur.com/5n4gJnR.png

You shouldn’t have done that.

http://i.imgur.com/JTXtAlO.png

You really shouldn’t have done that.

http://i.imgur.com/FI6XSqx.png

Meanwhile, our hero Roy…

http://i.imgur.com/1aI90On.png

Meanwhile, Marcus. Now we switch back to the best weapon choice, swords. Which are also the best choice 100% of the time. Seriously, swords are too good in FE6 and weren’t really balanced until the next game.

http://i.imgur.com/WTC6TQF.png

First crit of the game, on the first boss. Death is coming.

http://i.imgur.com/DVNzOW2.png

It’s just about there

http://i.imgur.com/WKcfNlp.png

Marcus, disgusted by how terrible axes are in Fire Emblem 6, decides to let his horse step back a bit to vomit at how disgustingly bad they are.

http://i.imgur.com/rQiubYw.png

And death hits. Don’t be a sword sore loser.

http://i.imgur.com/xKXjkpm.png

Chapter’s over, go home everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/qJZc4vI.png

I’ll set Marcus by Roy for two turns to add a few support points.

http://i.imgur.com/M6dSqok.png

Conquering your own father’s castle? How dare you, Roy?! How could you do this to your own family?

http://i.imgur.com/TY7A3S7.png

They await him. The castle is saved by Roy, and so are Lilina and Eliwood. Merlinus is still out slaughtering countless bandits.

http://i.imgur.com/DwmdZhn.png

Roy’s role in the story truly begins.

http://i.imgur.com/K2ICuzo.png

This refers back to the world map, with Bern’s attempt at world conquest. The Pheraen Patriarch ain’t having any of that.

http://i.imgur.com/MsV148z.png

Eliwood would know of ancient times and rules. You can tell he lived in those times because of his face right now. Also,

http://i.imgur.com/DySZULO.png

So why do we need to follow them, again? I had to look in the dictionary to see how old “ancient” means, and I got more than I could ask for.

http://i.imgur.com/UjJQxmY.png

Eliwood once again blocks Lilina’s potential jointime from me. Dang.

http://i.imgur.com/v5UOXzd.png

Straight into Bern? Roy is a straight up thug, I don’t know why people think he’s a weak lord. It took the FE7 gang two-thirds of the game to go near Bern.

http://i.imgur.com/xjydB4V.png

He would also be a merciless, bloodlusting soldier if anyone bothered to hand him a weapon. Ah well, his wagon made of dreams and power is needed for other purposes.

http://i.imgur.com/q1QRmPx.png

The end of the first chapter. This was fun! I didn’t expect 50ish screenshots, that’s usually half of a game’s typical screenshot folder. I decided to keep it brief and make it easy for most people to get through in 10-15 minutes. I wanted to truly introduce the game to people who have never seen it and give them a taste of Roy while pumping out as much content as possible. My future chapters shouldn’t have nearly as much content to dig through, but I’ll still give as much as I can, and it may scale depending on the day.

Edit: Frank Dominici is doing a more informative run than mine on Facebook, and Tyland Roy Kesler Hoffman is going to post his own run in that same group. He'll use the units I got votes for that never made my party, as long as Frank isn't already using them, and some of his own picks. Frank himself is just using personal picks that differentiate from my party a fair amount, like say, how Project M Roy differentiates from Marth.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
FE6 ROAD TO E3 DAY 1 - CHAPTER 1:

I will stick to imgur links for now, until the rate of content narrows. After that, I'll throw the full images around here.

http://i.imgur.com/vYDsMdj.png

Here’s where Roy and some of our other heroes hail from.

http://i.imgur.com/dW3VPbp.png

The main villain of our story is the continent of Bern, with King Zephiel and his generals. We’ll get into them later.

http://i.imgur.com/fl8XxbA.png

OH NO. Again, where Roy hails from. You can see where this is going.

http://i.imgur.com/cbVP6P6.png

The plot thickens.

http://i.imgur.com/8BcitZM.png

Which brings us to our first chapter.

http://i.imgur.com/S816zGa.png

But Eliwood can beast through everything in FE7, so it must be one hell of an illness.

http://i.imgur.com/xZfiDcq.png

Forget Bern, these are the main main villains of our story.

http://i.imgur.com/QNKULG5.png

Yep, they truly are the main villains, that whole map bit on Bern was a waste.

http://i.imgur.com/Cl4uJLf.png

Remember that name, it will play a key role until the very end of the story with these main villains.

http://i.imgur.com/cF2BMKq.png

Is it just not legal in your state? Like how weed is only legal in Colorado and Washington? I don’t think you’d teach them a lesson, Eliwood. I think you’d completely and utterly destroy them.

http://i.imgur.com/K3o8kSh.png

Please, Lilina. I need your jointime, that’s for sure considering your starting level and base stats are terrible for when you come in seven chapters from now.

http://i.imgur.com/TQzY8IJ.png

Eliwood addresses one of his most powerful knights. He’s about to unleash Merlinus on the bandits!

http://i.imgur.com/PPz081o.png

Cue the heroes! Here’s where Roy and his group come in.

http://i.imgur.com/vPuRznS.png

He lasted through several forevers, via Cog of Destiny and Victory or Death, pretty sure he can handle a few more forevers. @ Ura Ura , this is what I meant earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/b3v2meP.png

Here we start our adventure.

http://i.imgur.com/iDGH5Df.png

And here we bench the units not chosen for our adventure. Maybe next time. Pick My Squad (PMS)’s units come in later, while its staples, Roy and Marcus, handle it until then.

http://i.imgur.com/Cnf0v88.png

A bunch of axemen. Easy prey for Roy and the sword’s advantage over axes.

http://i.imgur.com/ZfensJF.png

Meanwhile, Marcus scoots right up next to Roy to give him a few support points, while slipping through to the village.

http://i.imgur.com/hfliwk2.png

Most of Roy’s fights versus axe users will look like this, and even more will look like it later on due to his high evasive stats.

http://i.imgur.com/nMiJqZx.png

See what I mean? Roy’s the man, handling those guys just fine. Time for turn 2.

http://i.imgur.com/XQpudwS.png

Marcus slips into the village while Roy continues to handle the bandits.

http://i.imgur.com/In4qn97.png

A whole 5000. I’ve always wanted one of those. Be sure to visit all villages possible, as they will reward you with valuable items.

http://i.imgur.com/Wz6G4Hs.png

Houses are entirely negligible, as they reward nothing but dialogue, but visit them if you enjoy that extra dialogue. I’m sending Roy here because houses give a +10 to evasion, while regular tiles, one of which Roy was on previously, give no defensive boosts. Forests, forts, and mountains are also really good, but they (along with houses) do not give flying units defensive stat boosts.

http://i.imgur.com/ivj8NKW.png

The famed money man himself, he has quite a bit going for him in fanmade romhacks. After all, money is indeed important.

http://i.imgur.com/A10c8Sl.png

And that evasion bonus was useless here. Ah, the lad will be fine. His small, teenage figure can easily take at least two more skull-crushing blows with the entire weight of an axe and a beefy man. He’ll be fine with whatever’s in a vulnerary, but we won’t need those here.

http://i.imgur.com/GzQCd3X.png

Marcus rushes ahead to destroy hopes and dreams, and protects Roy from the much higher accuracy of the archer compared to the bandits. While it’s generally bad to use Marcus as a crutch, he’s going to be a part of the main team, and I’m going to beef him up and give him a few S ranks in weapons throughout the story.

http://i.imgur.com/4lMZzfN.png

Everything is under control so far.

http://i.imgur.com/54on84O.png

Roy’s first level after murderizing a few bandits. Those are three of his highest growths, and while we want HP/STR/SPD/DEF for the most part, Roy still has really good growths in those, so I’m not worried. Also, 3 growth level ups are good in FE6, so I’ll take them regardless of which stats they are.

http://i.imgur.com/NIVbEjO.png

Despite that one stray hit, Roy dodges his way through the rest. Roy will be fine down here. The bandits can’t really do anything to him unless I get hit with really low, near-impossible odds. Which is everyday stuff in Fire Emblem.

http://i.imgur.com/CoCrZzI.png

Onward, Marcus! End their boring, mug-less, generic enemy unit lives!

http://i.imgur.com/gnjmAYn.png

There is no weapon triangle. There is only the Marcus triangle, which is Marcus > all of his foes < Marcus.

http://i.imgur.com/5n4gJnR.png

You shouldn’t have done that.

http://i.imgur.com/JTXtAlO.png

You really shouldn’t have done that.

http://i.imgur.com/FI6XSqx.png

Meanwhile, our hero Roy…

http://i.imgur.com/1aI90On.png

Meanwhile, Marcus. Now we switch back to the best weapon choice, swords. Which are also the best choice 100% of the time. Seriously, swords are too good in FE6 and weren’t really balanced until the next game.

http://i.imgur.com/WTC6TQF.png

First crit of the game, on the first boss. Death is coming.

http://i.imgur.com/DVNzOW2.png

It’s just about there

http://i.imgur.com/WKcfNlp.png

Marcus, disgusted by how terrible axes are in Fire Emblem 6, decides to let his horse step back a bit to vomit at how disgustingly bad they are.

http://i.imgur.com/rQiubYw.png

And death hits. Don’t be a sword sore loser.

http://i.imgur.com/xKXjkpm.png

Chapter’s over, go home everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/qJZc4vI.png

I’ll set Marcus by Roy for two turns to add a few support points.

http://i.imgur.com/M6dSqok.png

Conquering your own father’s castle? How dare you, Roy?! How could you do this to your own family?

http://i.imgur.com/TY7A3S7.png

They await him. The castle is saved by Roy, and so are Lilina and Eliwood. Merlinus is still out slaughtering countless bandits.

http://i.imgur.com/DwmdZhn.png

Roy’s role in the story truly begins.

http://i.imgur.com/K2ICuzo.png

This refers back to the world map, with Bern’s attempt at world conquest. The Pheraen Patriarch ain’t having any of that.

http://i.imgur.com/MsV148z.png

Eliwood would know of ancient times and rules. You can tell he lived in those times because of his face right now. Also,

http://i.imgur.com/DySZULO.png

So why do we need to follow them, again? I had to look in the dictionary to see how old “ancient” means, and I got more than I could ask for.

http://i.imgur.com/UjJQxmY.png

Eliwood once again blocks Lilina’s potential jointime from me. Dang.

http://i.imgur.com/v5UOXzd.png

Straight into Bern? Roy is a straight up thug, I don’t know why people think he’s a weak lord. It took the FE7 gang two-thirds of the game to go near Bern.

http://i.imgur.com/xjydB4V.png

He would also be a merciless, bloodlusting soldier if anyone bothered to hand him a weapon. Ah well, his wagon made of dreams and power is needed for other purposes.

http://i.imgur.com/q1QRmPx.png

The end of the first chapter. This was fun! I didn’t expect 50ish screenshots, that’s usually half of a game’s typical screenshot folder. I decided to keep it brief and make it easy for most people to get through in 10-15 minutes. I wanted to truly introduce the game to people who have never seen it and give them a taste of Roy while pumping out as much content as possible. My future chapters shouldn’t have nearly as much content to dig through, but I’ll still give as much as I can, and it may scale depending on the day.

Oh yeah! This begins! :D

Is Lilina a problem? Well... Maybe must be a surprised the base stats from certain character in this game... haha.

Good Luck :3

PD: The Axes has blind-like base Hit rate xD

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else worried that more sturdy weapons, like Steel and Silver now will take even longer to get in FE, due to infinite weapon usage?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello Roy Board! I just pass here because i have a simple question. If Roy is revealead today, what would be you're reaction? Do you will be happy or you're will be a bit disappointed since for exemple you're wanted that a apparear at E3? Just a simple question that i was thinking. Thanks for feedback!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Hello Roy Board! I just pass here because i have a simple question. If Roy is revealead today, what would be you're reaction? Do you will be happy or you're will be a bit disappointed since for exemple you're wanted that a apparear at E3? Just a simple question that i was thinking. Thanks for feedback!
I'd be ecstatic, but wondering what Sakurai is up to.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

:231:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo World Championships without Smash Bros.? I doubt it.
Roy Lights Up The Competition!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That championship ... it's smell Ryu ... i can smell it ... i can feel it , Ryu is comming during the Championship

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
That championship ... it's smell Ryu ... i can smell it ... i can feel it , Ryu is comming during the Championship
Isn't Ryu "The World Champion" or something like that? A small bit of hype just died inside me.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy is going to Flare Blade everyone at the Nintendo World Championships and will proceed to let everyone know that their a**** are not safe anymore because he's returning to Smash.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well I wasn't expecting much, but E3 will come soon enough. It's cool that they're bringing back the Nintendo World Championships.

So FE: If will now include a mode that will revive your units after being fallen for one turn. Also no more weapon durability.

Playing FE6 has never felt so weird until now.
You know something... I don't really care about Phoenix Mode since that is optional (though I kinda would prefer an item that can revive a fallen unit since it adds strategy... maybe we're going to die a lot in this game lol?). But I wish there's an option for weapon durability. I do think it made some important impact. After all, what is :4robinm:'s mechanics based on?

inb4 Robin loses his weapon durability gimmick next Smash game.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Im thinking about doing a stream of some of my Roy practice or of something else if i get bored lol. would anyone want to watch and give feedback? or if not enough people want to watch i could just skype the others and screenshare. Just let me know before i do it.

I would be extremely overjoyed because I wouldn't have to campaign for votes, Miiverse support, and support from other social media anymore, giving me more time to focus on other things, but those activities are still my lifeblood until there is a confirmation.

Im thinking about doing a stream of some of my Roy practice or of something else if i get bored lol. would anyone want to watch and give feedback? or if not enough people want to watch i could just skype the others and screenshare. Just let me know before i do it.
I would be interested. Also I got your text this morning checking my phone. Hmu here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom